Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Restoration of the Sands

Unfortunately all elves seem to come from forests so finding a reference image that is to my liking is proving a challenge, especially since I'm looking to play a male character and most artwork leans towards the female persuasion. Will do what I can but might need to fallback on good ol' description to carry me through.

Yeah, certainly a problem run into a lot for reference images. I did at one point have a decent male desert elf, but I seem to have lost track of it. Alas, wish you luck with that.

Yeah I give up, not using a picture for this game. lol

EDIT - Of course I say that but then found a potential. *Shrugs*

Last edited:
Don't mind one way or another if we use colours or anything else to distinguish speech. So feel free if you want to use it.

I'm going to post my character sheet later this evening, not sure if I will use an anime picture or a written description for my character.

Whattup frens~
For character motivation purposes, what is the story here? Are the characters gonna start off as a single party, or will they be meeting for the first time?

The plan is for the party to be meeting for the first time. The game will start in the Capital city of the Empire, called Eda'kal, each of you will have found and responding to a job posting calling for 'Aspiring treasure hunters to help with a delicate matter.' After going individually to an interview held by an old scarred soldier who narrowed down the candidates to you five, After which you will be given directions to a large house and directed inside by a butler into a sitting room where you all will meet. This will be typed up much better in the opening post.

Now if you guys want to have met each other before you are certainly welcome to.

Well, my character is going to be a orphan, who scrapped out a living in the desert, moving from oasis to oasis, studying old ruins and relics and interacting with others rarely... until fairly recently.

Willow... she does not distrust nobility, but from what she has seen of them and how she thinks? If a noble and a guard walk up to her, she will speak to the one that actually matters... the guard :p Essentially, until proven otherwise, she slots nobles into the... 'useless and should just leave behind' category.

Edit; Well, from what she has seen, nobles do have one practical use. They make others seem more competent in comparison... and she does suppose, based on what she has observed, that the gods reward those who look after them, as they most likely cannot look after themselves. Really, she would call them overgrown children... but she knows that children can actually take care of themselves

Should be interesting considering @Saber Arturia, unless they changed their mind, is playing a member of nobility... plus the person who's going to be hiring the group is definitely nobility.

I think it'd a pretty neat source of conflict to have that kinda dynamic in the party.

It was Hawkeye who was playing the noble. I'm still deciding on class, but the sentinel would be a middle class/decently off person, not quite nobility. The conscript on the other hand would basically be a commoner who picked up a sword and armor since she was thoroughly done with her old life... Plus the conscript starts out hilariously poor. The fighter starts with 175 gp or something. The conscript starts with 35gp, lol.

Ah yes my bad. Hawkeye wanted to be nobility. Shouldn't be a huge issue, just a bit of party conflict and character development.

On Willow's part, its part of the savage part of her upbringing... she respects merit and ability... and her interactions with nobles leave her thinking they are fops that try and coast by their ancestors achievements, meaning they die easily in the desert.

Also... Ippo... maybe our characters teamed up in the desert, when Khettio escaped? Might switch Superior Grace for next level, and take Nourishment now. And with the leaves mutation, all Willow needs is an hour of sunlight and some water each day and she is good food wise, so ;)

Actually... given Willows +11 to survival checks to get along in the wild, she may just be able to scavenge up the food for the group... though she would respect Khettio the most... and purely due to the Create Water spell.

@RPG-Girl lolololol eating bits of her might gross Khettio out, actually. I bet in a pinch the party might benefit from it tho ;ppp

I was thinking Khettio became a tattooist to get by after running off. And though I didn't mention it in her backstory, her visions could be driving her to take the quest.

Alright, so i've narrowed my concepts/characters down to this.

Sentinel: A girl from the army who became irritated/angered at the army/military's inefficiency/ability to respond to threats quickly. Deciding to not enlist another year, she instead decides to try and solve troubles her own way. Basically becoming an adventurer and wanting to do good.

Conscript: Ranch hand from either a frontier part of the empire, or somewhere where the army can't really deal with bandits. Was thrust from a simple life into becoming a militia to defend her town and then other nearby towns from raiders, quickly coming to the feeling that if she didn't do something, others would continue to suffer at the expense of others, and seeks to lend what aid she can.

Obviously, either character ends up hired by the noble with the rest of the party, though currently I imagine she doesn't know anyone in the group.

Eating parts of her? Was thinking something more along the lines of highly nutritious milk you could suckle out of her. After all, milk was often used as part of a diet... and so long as Willow has water and sun? She would be able to feed two people a day, once for each breast ;)

Back
Top Bottom