Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Restoration of the Sands

@RPG-Girl
Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's a totally different thing then (I literally thought she'd offer like leaves sprouting from her shoulders or something )

@Saber Arturia
Hrm I guess it really depends on how you want to interact with the world. Sentinel might clash with authorities, especially in the military. Conscript might have a folk hero thing going on, and not care about what goes beyond her home turf.

@Saber Arturia
Both are totally workable and lead to different sorts of storylines, and @ippo has a pretty accurate assessment, at least about clashes with the authorities, Folk hero is up to the individual.

Just a note for everyone, I do like doing storyline quests for everybody if I have enough of a backstory to go on. So I will be totally using anything you guys give me.

Just having the leaves mutation manifest as a green pigmentation to her skin that will deepen over time. Because hey, this is a adult roleplay site, so may as well make some of the mutations kinky :p

And shall work to add a little dose of... well, as the whispers increase, she will take the Ancient Mutator feat, because sanity is a relative concept... and who does not like a healer that is also a bit of an eldritch abomination?

I mean she coulda also been like "Ey gurl come ere and nom on my succulents~"

Please, she may be a savage driven somewhat mad by isolation and the whispers of dead things under the sands... but she is not that crazy.

(. _ . )
Is it possible that we both have characters who speak with dead ppl? (Khettio has the Ghost Whisperer feat)

At the moment, meant more to be RP then anything else, and something a sign of... her not being all there. Granted, at 3rd level, planning on taking Ancient Mutator... and will need to see if I qualify for Ghost Whisperer. Otherwise... going to try and find something suitably lovecraftian.

Its also partially an explanation for her Deathless mutator feat, which taps into undeath using positive energy instead of negative.

Edit; Checked, and you need to be able to cast 3rd level spells... so unless you get it as a bonus feat from somewhere, I don't think you qualify yet,

@ippo
Yeah, just looked it up and can't see anything that would allow that yet, where do you get Ghost Whisperer from?

Hohohohohoooo~ but Khettio's spellcasting ability grants her 3rd level slots, and as an Oracle she automatically knows all cure spells >:3

Not until 6th level when the Oracle first gains access to 3rd level spells alas.

In her distant youth, she thinks she had been happy. She cannot remember her family, only scraps and shadows of maybe and perhaps remain of them in her recollections, the endless march of time burying them where they fell, screaming. It is odd. She cannot remember the village, her family in great detail, but she can remember the screams, the echoing mocking laughter as the monsters came for them. She cannot remember those in great detail either, though she can hear them at times, when the moon is full, their voices carried on the winds....

And yet, in a way, does that truly matter? It had been ages since she saw them, ages since she ran into the wastes between the oasis's, to escape looming death. It was a hard life, as she would move through the sands and the stones, but as the years turned, it was the only life she knew.

She is not sure when the changes began. Was it when she was sick, having eaten something at a pool she could never find again, as she lay on the edges of life and death, as she felt the cold creep into her bones and flesh, as she felt herself stilling, only for the sun to rise once more? Was it when she slept before the broken ruins, before the great statues, and heard them whisper things to her, instructing her in the mysteries of the hidden word and of the long dead? She does not know. It was a slow thing, a gradual shift, though there are moments when she wonders... could she at those points have turned away from the course?

As the alternative, on reflection, was to die, it is perhaps a moot point.

She survived, and grew strong. She hunted, killed and ate, and took strength into herself, though as the years turned on, she would hunt less and less, taking only what she needed.

In what may have been her twelfth year since her village died, she stumbled across civilization, across a caravan. She would talk, broken and halting, and trade small trinkets for goods more useful to life in the wastes. And then, hidden, she would follow them. For weeks, she observed the city, for weeks she learned, and then, she would depart.

She returned to the city from time to time, to sell her trinkets and goods, but always she departed back into the sands, rarely bothering to deal with the city dwellers. She could be charming and friendly, that the merchants and craftsmen knew. But to the others? She was not sure how to deal with the living. The dead and the stone people, those she knew, those she knew how to interact with. She could deal with the beasts and the walking dead.

Still, life to her was good, and continued on for some time. When she saw the notice, she would frown a moment. She had seen this before... as she slept before one of the great statues... taking it as a sign, she would head to the place indicated, wondering what was to come.

@RPG-Girl
Looks good and certainly looks like something I can work with.

@ippo
Same for you on your backstory, got an idea for what to work with. Also funnily enough last time I did this campaign of the PC's was also an escaped slave, though in his case he was an escaped gladiator.

wayment.jpg

Lemme check back cuz I thought Oracle's get access to all cure or inflict spells as soon as they get slots for them on top of her other spells known. Since her CHA is high enough for her to get 3rd, 4th, and 5th lvl slots, I figured that filled the reqs.

Nope, the bonus spell slots require her to be able to have 0* in the table for spells per day of that level. As it is, those spell slots are not available yet.

Ah I see the misunderstanding. Yes, her charisma gives bonus spells to those slots, but only when she actually unlocks those slots from her class first. So right now at level 1, you are only getting the 2 bonus level 1 spells from your charisma, on top of the 3 spells per day from your class. Once you hit level 4 when Oracle unlocks level 2 spells, you'll get the bonus level 2 spell from Charisma and so on.

I see I see. Then just for clarification so I don't do anything wonky later on, when it says this--
In addition to the spells gained by oracles as they gain levels, each oracle also adds all of either the cure spells or the inflict spells to her list of spells known (cure spells include all spells with “cure” in the name, inflict spells include all spells with “inflict” in the name). These spells are added as soon as the oracle is capable of casting them. This choice is made when the oracle gains her first level and cannot be changed.
--does it mean she can't use, say, Mass Cure Light Wounds with the 5th lvl slot that she got from her CHA mod until Lvl 10 when she'd normally get 5th lvl slots?

Correct, she for now just gets Cure Light Wounds in addition to any other spells she chooses to learn.

Not at first anyway :)

And will ask... would you mind overmuch if I switch out Elven for Ancient Osirion? Only reason she knows the languages she does is mystical BS anyway :p

Bah, i'm stuck between classes still. Give me a bit longer on my character. Just having trouble deciding between tonka tough sword and board style defender who can force enemies to fight her or they suffer bad stuff, or a more versatile fighter who can get a ton of tricks. Both appealing. Our only other dedicated meleeist is a vigilante, and they aren't known for being able to take a punch. Story wise, both concepts are appealing to me too.

@RPG-Girl
Yeah, go ahead.

@Saber Arturia
If it was me I'd probably go with the sword and board defender type. Party has a lot of reasonably squishy people so it would work well to have someone keeping them safe.

Sheet and basic info for my Sentinel is up. If any questions, please ask me and I am happy to answer. Bio to come later, either tonight or tomorrow depending on how drunk I get tonight.

Back
Top Bottom