Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who are you, really? (Wei_Tian & Nepharian)

His mind kept circling around her, and he found himself wondering why she was so interested in him.
His kind was very rare, sure... but her interest had been there even before he told her the truth.
And that peculiar willingness to try out his kink...

He chuckled. This would certainly be interesting.

The next morning, Emily was in class. This time, she was wearing a tunic with some leggings. It wasn't because she found out what Eran's preference was, but because she had a huge red spot against her back from where she leaned against the tree. Her mind was still swirling. Why would a dragon, a dragon!, be willing to show humans magic and to teach them about the world which she and he came from? She hoped that eventually, he would give her the actual answer.

As the rest of class came in, she looked around for Eran. This would definitely be an interesting year.

As Eran strode into the classroom, he let his gaze wander the group of students.
There were lightly fewer than the day before, but that didn't bother him
It had happened at the other schools as well.

His eyes rested on Emily for a moment, and he smiled slightly.
No midriff this time though... A shame, he thought.

"Welcome to our second lesson." he said as he faced the students.
"Today, the topic will be legendary monsters and creatures, and the slight possibility that some of them might be real."

As Eran explained today's topic, a few of the students laughed while Emily gave a smirk. More so, at the humans. They had no idea. Now that she knew what Eran was, she was curious about today's topic. Wondering how much was going to be truth vs how much was going to be fantasy.

"So...are crocodiles and alligators related to dragons?" Emily asked. Her voice held that of curiosity, but her eyes only had a playful look into them. She could only wonder what Eran's response or expression would be.

Eran blinked at the question, eyeing her.
He knew full well that she was joking around with him, and he chuckled a bit.

"The thing that one has to understand about dragons, is that they are not simple beasts. They are intelligent creatures, if one is to believe the legends. Comparing them to crocodiles and alligators would be the same as... well... comparing a human to a mouse."
Was it a boring answer, he wondered...? It was at least a truthful one.

"Then what about dinosaurs?" another student asked, causing Emily to smirk.

When Emily asked her question, it was only in fun to try and get a reaction out of Eran. The human though, their question was serious. It made sense to think that they were related. Humans assumed anything that looked similar was related. So the crocodile, dinosaurs and dragons all were similar in a sense. She had even heard someone explain dragons as 'Fire Breathing Dinosaurs'. But...at least dragons weren't extinct.

He smiled a bit at the question. He had heard it before, and honestly, for the human mind, it made sense.
"Dinosaurs, like crocodiles, are beasts - though it is said that some of them were quite intelligent. It cannot be ruled out that dragons might have had something to do with the dinosaurs, in some far out way."

"Do I detect that this class wants a lesson on dragons today...?" he asked and looked around at the students.

When Eran asked if the class wanted a lesson on dragons, Emily's eyes narrowed slightly. It did worry her on how Eran would teach the humans about his own kind. It seemed like there were too many areas for him to 'overshare'.

A few students murmured in agreement, but Emily tilted her head. "But...what else is there outside of dragons?" she asked curiously.

A few murmurs in agreement, and then another question from the elven girl.
He eyed her again, smiling slightly.

"Well, there is a myriad of different creatures out there. And each plane of existence has ones that are unique to that plane only. Think of it like this... the biologists and zoologists here in our very own plane, do not know how many species there are here. They theorize that there could be thousands of species that they have yet to find. The same goes for mystical beings."

Hearing his answer, Emily nodded. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to deter any of her classmates. She guessed that she would have to keep on an eye on what Eran was teaching to make sure that either, it didn't go too far, or that emotions didn't show if something like dragon slayers came up.

"Then...how many different dragons are theorized to be in existence?" she asked curiously.

"Quite a few." he said.
"Just like there are different races among humans - I know, I know, potentially unpopular opinion - there are different races among dragons. Open any book on legendary creatures from any part of the world, and you will find vastly different kinds of dragons."

He looked from student to student as he spoke, showing quite a bit of interest as he spoke.
"If you go to Asia, you will notice the mighty, serpentlike dragons. Water and rain deities, and beings of enormous power and benevolence. In the Scandinavian north, we have the lindormr, a particularly vile and evil creature, and in most parts of the west, we have the winged giants who breathe fire and... well... eats virgins." he smiled and winked jokingly at that last one.

The students were definitely interested as they were all taking notes, including Emily. When he mentioned the dragons of the west that ate virgins, her cheeks tinted just a light shade of red. As she was taking her notes, she couldn't help but to want to ask the question of 'which are you?'. She knew she'd ask that after class.

"Why would a dragon eat a virgin?" a student asked, causing the rest of the class to chuckle. Did he mean eat, as in as a meal, or the other type of "eating" that one would do with a female?

"Well, legend has it that they attracted to the innocence and purity of virgins, and that the meat of a virgin is sweet and delicious." he smirked at the guy.
"Or perhaps they are just filthy-minded creatures."

It was a good question, but one that demanded a bit of humour.

Almost as if on queue, the class chuckled. Then, the question that Emily was dreading suddenly got blurted out.

"So...are there dragon slayers?" a student asked.

Emily's eyes briefly darted to said student, before she turned her attention to Eran. She honestly didn't know how prepared he was to answer said question. And, it made her worry.

Slayers... Eran smiled slightly, though if one looked very, very carefully, there was a hint of disdain in his eyes.
"Dragon slayers exist, supposedly, just like dragons do." he said, his voice not portraying his feelings for this kind of people.

He fired a joke then.
"I mean... if a dragon ate your teenage sister, you'd probably try to kill it too!"

At the joke, the class roared with laughter, except for one.

Emily was able to see the disdain in his eyes and for some reason, it slayed her. Hearing the class die down, Emily gave a small frown. Would anyone realize that it seemed like he was firing jokes to divert the class' attention from the truth? It was better for her. After all, if he joked throughout the course without revealing too much, it would be good for her. But, she could only wonder how many students actually believed in the material they studied in this class.

He smirked at the laughter.
Yes, indeed... these humans might have been able to understand, or at least some of them, but going into details with this subject would be... potentially troublesome.

"Let us continue. Turn to page three hundred and seventy two. There, you will find a list of famous dragons from old legends. Read in silence, and take notes."

When Eran told the class to read in silence and to take notes, the whole class grumbled. Couldn't they just do this as homework?

Emily reached into her bag and grabbed the textbook. Opening to page 372, she took a glance at the names and recognized a few. Turning her notebook to a new page, she wrote a single question on it, 'Are you okay'. Placing her hand on the page, she forced some magic into it so that it would appear on Eran's desk. The sudden self-study had her worried. Perhaps it would be best for him to dismiss class and to have them read the textbook as homework.

As they began to read, Eran went to his desk in order to take a few notes.
The moment he sat down, he noticed the text appear on a piece of paper.
He smiled... what a clever girl, that she could use that kind of magic!

Eran wrote a message as well, and used the same, silent spell to make it appear in her notebook.

'Quite so. It is kind of you to, apparently, worry though.'

As she read the note that appeared on the paper, she glanced up at him before she let out a small sigh.

'Are you the type of dragon that "eats virgins"? Sorry, the self-study made it seem like you wanted this class to end. Why don't you end class and have this be homework?' she wrote. Once again, using the silent spell to send the note to Eran. This time, when she looked up, a small smirk was on her face. Obviously, interested to see his response to the first question. Even though she meant it to be sarcastic, she also did mean for it to be a question of which dragon he was.

He chuckled a bit at this one, and shot a sharp glance at a young guy who looked up at the sound, sending the student back to his book immediately.

'I am the kind that likes to play with their midriff, if they have one I like. And I am sure my dear students can take a little reading time in class for once.'
Using the spell once more, he sent her the message and ignored her smirk.
Sure, he could have smirked back easily... but someone might notice.

Seeing the note appear, she rolled her eyes. As if she didn't know the first part. As she kept reading, a small pout came across her face. Deciding it was for the best, she decided to actually take notes. Turning her attention to the book, she started writing down the dragon names along with the brief explanation each dragon had. Whether it be just what they were famous for, or whether it be just where they were thought to be from.

It wasn't until she got to the third dragon, that she realized this task was too boring. The class was too quiet and half of the information on the dragons was false. Placing her one elbow on the desk, she placed her head in her hand, doing her best to stay awake.

Not too long after she had decided that it was boring, which he did not blame her for, Eran rose again and clapped his hands.
"Time has run away from us, as it so often does." he said.
"Thank you for a good lesson, and for some good questions! Class dismissed."

Once Eran stood up, Emily turned her attention to him as he dismissed class. Slowly, she put her things away before she got up. Again, being the last one in class, she walked up to Eran.

"I was worried. I knew of a few dragons that couldn't stand to just hear the word slayer. They would go off on a rampage at the word." she offered. "Since I don't know much about you, I didn't know if you would be another one." she added.

"Do you want to go for coffee first, or do you want to head to your office?" she asked.

He watched her calmly as she approached, and listened as she spoke.
With the hint of a smile, he replied:

"If I had not been able to handle that topic, I would have been a fool for coming to this world and doing what I do. This is a topic that is explored in every classroom I have been in."
Going on a rampage here would have created all kinds of trouble - and he had more than enough self control to not do that.
Besides... there were no slayers around, as far as he knew.

"Hah... if you feel like coffee, we can go. Otherwise, we can go to my office if you so desire."

Back
Top Bottom