Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Distant Horizons (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Amaya looked away, hearing his wardrobe open. “I didn’t know where else to go, so I stayed here.”

He grumbled irately, of course Yoshitsugu wouldn't give her her own room.
"Take those pillows and blankets and make a bed on the floor as far from me as possible." He told her, "I'll get replacements."

“H-Hai..” She nodded, moving over to the extra pillows and bedding, moving to make her bed as far from his as she could, like she was instructed.

Amaya didn’t feel comfortable laying down before Mitsunari, wouldn’t be be angry for her being lazy? Her heart was pounding in her chest, slowly smoothing out her bedding as she waited for Mitsunari to come back.

Amaya waited until he had settled into his bed before quietly crawling into her own make shift bed, laying with her back to him. Perhaps this boy was kind?

He wasn't awful. At least when he wasn't angry. When he was angry, he would beat her mercilessly. Otherwise he wouldn't give her a passing glance.

Every passing day her skin would become more and more grey-blue, and she did everything she could to keep him from being angry with her. She stayed out of his way, kept his room clean, always silently out of his way.

Amaya could only handle so many beatings before she became too tired to continue his room upkeep. She did her best to hide herself away, trying to allow herself time to recover, but he always found her.

Amaya cried out softly as she was jerked out from her hiding spot, already covered in scrapes and bruises. “I-I wasn’t trying to hide...!”

“I-I..!” She was hiding wasn’t she? She just wanted to avoid being beaten for long enough to rest a bit. “I’m sorry..!”

Amaya cried out, body going rigid with pain, eyes wide and full of tears. She saw white spots, feeling sick.

"Stop it!" A girl called out but Amaya couldn't really see her.
"Go away, Akihime, this doesn't concern you."
"She's a living being, leave her alone! She hasn't done anything!"
"Exactly, she hasn't."
"That isn't what I mean!"

Mitsunari scowled and moved his foot, reaching down to grab her arm and drag her off.
"Mitsunari, no!"
"Go to your room, Akihime." Mitsunari ordered.

Back
Top Bottom