Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grief and Disgrace make good bedfellows ( Lady Luna and Wolvenrogue)

Nelly nodded shyly with a small smile on her face. "Yeah I know.... I'm the same." She offered up the information freely for once.

Hearing her say that, he wanted to strip down right that minute, but again kept his impulse in check. "I think we need to get breakfast cooked and served before Elizabeth decides to demand lunch! Besides, you are feeding two, and you need to eat more often now. " he had the tub emptied now and the table top back in place, and ready for serving breakfast.

"Breakfast sounds really good. Is there anything I can help with?" Nelly asked, wanting to be of help to him. After Gladys's lesson, she felt a little more confident in the kitchen, but not enough to do anything on her own yet.

"You fried chicken, you can fry bacon and eggs. start with the bacon and then use the grease to fry the eggs. I'll make the coffee. "

"Alright." Nelly said cheerfully before moving towards the stove. "Where do you keep the bacon?"

"In the cold box. Its a hole dug into the rock in the corner." He pointed at it. " Can you get to the bacon? try it and see."

Nelly wheeled herself over to it and tried as hard as she could but just wasn't able to reach it. With a huff she gave up and looked to Robert. "I can't reach." She announced with a defeated look on her face.

Robert came over and reaching down pulled the slab of bacon out and set it in her lap. "Be careful cutting it I don't want to do first aid. "

Nelly gulped nervously when he said that. "Can you show me how? We never cut anything in my first lesson." She explained as she wheeled herself over to the table before setting the bacon on it without getting a cutting board.

Robert got the cutting board and the sharp knife. He put the knife in her hand and held her hand in his guiding her. "Like that Nice and thin. " he said.

Once he helped her, she didn't think it was as hard as she imagined it to be. "This is easy." She said with a grin before cutting another slice. It ended up being a bit thicker so she held it up for him to see. "Is this ok?"

"Yes but thinner will cook better. Cut a few more you will see when you fry them. " He went outside to gather a few quail eggs.

"I'll try but it's hard to cut thin..." Nelly said before she went back to cutting the bacon. When she had what she thought was enough, she set the cutting board on her lap and brought it to the stove. When she began frying it, she saw that Robert was right. Hopefully with enough practice she could cut it as thin as she did when she had his help.

Robert brought he the quail eggs. "Have you ever cracked an egg?" he said. The trick is not getting any shell in the pan , He tapped on on the edge of the pan and cracked it perfectly. "You try! " he said.

Nelly watched as he did it and thought it looked easy. However when she tried it, she shattered the whole egg, not realizing how thin and delicate the shel was. "Oh!" She cried out in frustration. "You made it look so easy."

Robert picked the shells from the pan and said "Ok try it again. you will get it eventually"

"If you say so..." Nelly didn't sound convinced. She picked up another egg and tapped it on the pan. This time she didn't tap hard enough and it didn't even make a crack. She tapped again with the same result. On her third try she was finally able to crack the egg and dump the contents into the pan. "I did it!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Good! " Robert said "now do three more . Quail eggs are small. " Once the eggs were cooking Robert sat down to let her try and serve breakfast. It seemed that each new task was an adventure to her, and he was more than willing to be patient.

Once she had the eggs frying, she went to the cupboard to get a plate. When she returned to the stove, the eggs were a little over done but not completely burnt. She quickly removed them from the pan and piled them on the plate in her lap. Then she slowly and carefully brought the eggs over to the table and set them beside the plate of bacon. All that moving around had her arms tired. Using a wheelchair would definitely take some time to get used to it.

Robert puled her up close to the table and placed a fork in her hand. He placed a glass of milk he had poured for her in front of her plate. "Now you need to eat, you are feeding at least two and maybe more. " he said with a big smile.

Nelly giggled and shook her head. "You're really in a hurry for another one, aren't you?" She asked before she started eating. She had to admit, she was looking forward to the possibility as well. Even though she loved Elizabeth as her own, she really wanted a child made from both Robert and herself.

"Whether I am in a hurry or not, we certainly are not avoiding the possibility, and I want all our babies to be healthy and happy and to have a happy mother as well. "

"Well right now I won't be happy if I'm the only one eating. Sit, join me." Nelly said before picking up a piece of bacon and taking a big bite.

He sat down and scooped out some eggs and bacon and tasted them. "pretty good for your first time!" he was glad that she was eager to learn and able to build on what she had learned already. In the mean time, he made a mental note to work on some way for her to get to the food in the cold box.

Nelly frowned slightly. She knew he was being encouraging but she didn't think the breakfast she made was all that good. "Didn't you tell me it wasn't okay to lie? The bacon is ok issnt crispy and the eggs are half burnt."

Back
Top Bottom