Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grief and Disgrace make good bedfellows ( Lady Luna and Wolvenrogue)

Robert got dressed and went outside to prepare the wagon for the trip into town. then He came back in and put a pot of coffee on and mixed some pancake batter from flour and water and a couple quail eggs.

Once she finished feeding the baby, she noticed that Robert was busy making breakfast. Slowly she stood from the chair, testing weight on her foot before limping over to the wardrobe. She would have let him help her get dressed, but he seemed preoccupied at the moment and she didn't want to bother him. Looking through the wardrobe, she found a pink dress and some undergarments. She put everything on but the underwear which she sat on the bed to take care of that. Once that was done she quietly moved back to the chair.

Robert looked up and saw her in the dress. "You put that on yourself?" he asked "You must be feeling better!" He cooked up some pancakes and set her a plate at the table, and poured coffee. "Come sit and eat." he said. He was careful to watch how she came to the table.

"I do feel a lot better." Nelly said as she stood from the chair. She was sure she would be fine in a day or two with how much better her foot was feeling, but she knew he would worry if she limped. So to keep the limp from showing so much, she slowly walked over to the table. She still was limping but was able to make it less noticeable by walking so slow.

"You are still favoring that foot. I am glad we are seeing the doctor today. " He ate his pancakes and finished a cup of coffee. He went and got Nelly her coat and boots and helped her put them on and then waited while she wrapped up the baby and then carried them both out to the wagon.

"It's really not that bad." Nelly mumbled before eating her pancakes. Once breakfast was over and he carried her to the wagon, she frowned at him slightly. "You're not going to carry me everywhere today are you? I don't want to be carried all through the store when shopping."

"Well mostly I was worried that with the baby you can't see what's in front of you and might trip and fall, then both of you would get hurt. Maybe today we can buy a baby carriage. That would make things much safer."

He lifted her into the seat and then walking around the wagon got in himself.

"A carriage would be nice." Nelly agreed with a nod as she sat on the wagon. Just to be sure she hadn't forgotten her list, she looked in her left coat pocket and felt the paper. Satisfied that she had everything she needed, she turned her attention to the little bundle she was holding. "She really is such a sweet baby." She said to Robert with a smile.

" Yes and she has a sweet mother too." I will take you and Elizabeth to the doctor, and then I will see about a carriage. Shopping will be difficult with Elizabeth in your arms. " A few minutes later , He pulled up at the doctor's office, and lifted both of them out of the wagon and carried her inside and set her in a chair. "Doc.. Nelly dropped a kettle full of water on her foot. I think its healing but please check it for me while you are at the rest of your exam. I am after a baby buggy, and will be back soon. "

"It really isn't that bad... I'm fine really." Nelly said with a small frown. She didn't understand why he was still being so protective. After all, she didn't feel like anything was broken. She could wiggle all her toes and put some weight on the foot without falling from the pain. Sure it still hurt, but it wasn't near as bad as when it happened.

The doctor wasn't taking any chances. "Mrs. Clancy!" He called to his wife. would you mind holding a baby? " He knew she would love it. She always did , and was there in a flash. The doctor then scooped up Nelly and carried her into the exam room. He sat her on the table and then lifted her skirts and looked at her feet. It certainly is swollen, but well bandaged. Robert always did make a good medic. He sat in a chair and slipped off her shoe. He placed his thumb on her arch and began to press firmly, watching her expression.

"I'm telling you it's not that ba... ad." Nelly faltered when he pressed on her foot. It hurt, but not so much that it made her cry. "Would you tell my husband that it's really nothing to worry over. I just need a few days of rest or something, right?"

The old doctor looked up at her with a stern face. "Young lady... You have been walking on this haven't you? and Robert told you not to, am I right? Did he tell you that with one wrong step you could be back here for me to cut your foot off? I am pretty sure you did. You have a beautiful baby in the next room and she needs a mamma with two feet. That foot is not to touch the ground! Do you hear me? NOT ONCE! not for one full month. You deserve a good spanking! but that is up to your husband. Lift up your bottom. I am going to remove your panties so we can finish your examination. You won't be able to do that yourself its dangerous, you could slip and fall. You should do without until that ankle heals."

Nelly's eyes widened with surprise at how stern the doctor was being with her. "B-but I only walked on it a little and it really doesn't hurt that much. Does it really have to be a whole month? Can't you do something so I can walk on it now? Robert wants me to learn to cook and I can't do that if I can't stand at the stove. I have to be able to walk." She completely ignored him about taking off her panties because she was more concerned about her foot.

"You are a stubborn young woman, but Robert is a strong man, and I am sure he will see that you follow instructions, and i will see that he gets them. Now lift up your bottom!" He was already pulling down on her panties.

Nelly remembered that Robert had shaved her and grabbed her panties. "No I won't! I don't need examined there!" She kept her but firmly planted in her seat. Her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment as she tried to keep the doctor from looking.

"See here young lady!" Just then the door opened and Robert walked in the outer office. The Doctor got up and stepped out into the outer office. "Robert come in here, your wife seems a bit reluctant to be examined, and it seems she also has been walking on that foot, which I am sure you know is a bad idea. " Robert looked at the young woman. "We talked about this and there will be no more discussion!" he said as he reached under her skirt and pulled her panties down her thighs and then very carefully over her foot. He stuffed them in his pocket and lifted her calves into the stirrups. "Doc, the woman has been shaved, and I did it, and unless you tell me its unsafe I intend to continue!" He then pulled the dress back and allowed the Doctor to continue the examination which occurred with out a further word from the doctor. When he was finished he said "That foot is not to touch the floor for a month. As for the shaving, I do it myself, and its perfectly healthy, as is your wife. "Oh, she will need help with the panties if she is to wear them, I suggest she do with out till the foot heals. Now lets see that baby!

Nelly whined when he took the panties off her, but didn't say anything. Even after the doctor talked about shaving being fine, she still couldn't help being embarrassed. As soon as the doctor was done examining her, she took her legs out of the stirrups and pulled her dress down. "Give me back my panties." She demanded to Robert as she held her hands out. There was no way she was willing to go without them for a whole month and especially not when they were in town.

Robert stuffed them deeper in his pants pocket. "You heard the doctor." "By the way, we would love to have you and the missus over for dinner, Nelly is hoping on some tips from your wife for cooking. I'm lobbying for fried chicken. " He looked over at Nelly sternly now you stay right there. Robert went out to the wagon and carried in the new baby buggy and rolled it in beside the table where Nelly was sitting. "I got something else too. " he left again and rolled in a wheel chair. He lifted Nelly in to the chair and said. "while the doctor is busy you practice a bit. "

"Not like I have anywhere to go anyway." Nelly mumbled quietly when Robert left the room. She was feeling rather discouraged because the doctor said the same thing her husband did. It was going to be really difficult for her to follow the orders.

When he came back and put her in the wheelchair, she just sat there and moped. Even if it did make her a little more mobile, she wanted to be able to get up and walk. "I can't learn to cook like this. I'll be too short to reach the stove." She mumbled sadly.

"come on now, do not mope around. I thought it would be 8 weeks. The doc said a month, that is only half as long!" . " I am sure Gladyss would love to come out to your place and help you learn cook. She is really in love with your little girl!" the doctor chimed in as he finished wrapping up the baby and slipped her in the buggy.

Nelly nodded but still looked a little discouraged. "Alright I'll practice." She said before she put her hands on on the large wooden wheels, moving herself slowly about the room.

"I'll fix a basket to it for holding Elizabeth and carrying things . You will see, it will work better than you think. "

"If you say so..." Nelly didn't look convinced but she was willing to try anything at this point to be more mobile. "Can I at least stand sometimes if I promise to keep all the weight on my other foot? It's not walking, just standing. It will be hard to work with a stove if I have to sit."

"Doc do you suppose I could build her some railings in front of the stove to hold her up? Would that be safe enough? The doc answered " as long as her foot stays off the floor, no weight at all on it, I suppose so. "

Back
Top Bottom