Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fleeting wings and new owner- GuardianAngel and I

"Good.... Can you run a bath for me please?" He asked as he still read over the notes from the home owner. "I know that may seem brash of me to ask.... but I have no idea where the rest room is and I still need to read these." he ruffled the papers in hand and itched his throat. He was still in his winter jacket that he threw on before leaving the mansion. It was a snow covered place... and even if he liked the chill, he still could freeze up. Like a lizard one would say.

(you can find mother in any state you wish, I dont really wanna write a fighting scene right now >-< sorry)

Serana was looking over before she was giving a soft giggle before she spoke, "No worries I'll figure out where everything is." With that she was leaving the room so that she could check the other rooms that were down the hallway. One of them would probably be the restroom, and she honestly hoped that nothing jumped out of anything either. One never knew with vampires. And she wasn't sure if the former homeowner and Todd had any relationship at all; good, bad, joking. So who knew what to expect.

Raeliana did eventually find her mother and it seemed like the woman was still alive, although she was downed by her throne. This had the black haired princess running over to her and cutting down one of the masked assailants before it could get any closer to the queen. "Mother." she breathed and she knelt down beside her, a worried look across her features. She was pretty banged up, the blood loss was quite severe. But it was possible to save her, possibly anyways. That would be a lot of blood to be given in the end.

Nothing but empty rooms greeted her, the spare bit of furniture covered in sheets; to protect against the sun. Mere creaking of the wood as wind hit it or her footfall on the floor. She had her work cut out for her if he didn't get more maids or butlers soon. This place had been for sale for about a day when he bought it, only having the owner watch out for structure issues while he didn't live there. The reports in his hands were of the gardens and the quirks of some rooms, nothing horrible. But there were a lot. A rooms light switch needed to stay down or the lights wouldn't turn on. The stove was always 109 degrees hotter then it read. Two rooms had secret hiding places- only big enough for trunks or a small child. More then that but it was a good home.

Claws raked across ankles as one of the masked men came at her daughter from behind. No there wasn't a reason for her to continue after this, her daughter proving her bloodline proud. "You know your duty. Rule with iron, breed with precision." Her words defiant despite the shape she was in and stared at her oldest. " Don't come back. Make your own kingdom."

Serana was looking around the house, just taking a mental note of all of the rooms. Man there was definitely a lot to clean although she wasn't unuse to having to clean. She would take care of it in due time. She had already found the few bathrooms that were in the home, and the closest one she had already taken to examining. Well it was clean enough and checking the tub as she was filling it showed that that was okay as well. No mold or anything was hiding anywhere, which was definitely a good thing, and the tub didn't leak or anything. Overall a huge house although not in terrible condition, which was nice.

Raeliana looked at her mother for a moment in time before she was giving a nod of her head before she spoke, "I didn't plan on coming back here. This place has been lost to the savages. The civilians have been rescued, at least as many as we could." No while her mother ruled with iron, the safety of her people was always a big thing with her, always had been. The black haired princess was getting to her feet after a moment in time, although she kept an emotionless look on her features at that point in time.

"Run then." Her mothers golden eyes faded in to a glossy red as a bit more of a feral vampire took over. The need for blood to heal with drove her to this...'creature' that crawled out from her broken throne and stood hunched; claws twitching as her head worked out between what was prey... at this point it was anything. Even her daughter. Fangs bared in a loud roar as the ragged dressed queen lunged for the princess. She had said run and to not come back. This kingdom had fallen but if her daughter was smart in her breeding partners, it would continue to rule even despite this coup. Jayme had rounded most of the servants and one or two guests back up to the siblings rooms. An order to go through the awaiting door would lead them directly to the Princesses... sorry, new queen's warmed home. "Get the home ready to receive the princess." he told some of the loyal servants and was nodded at in his retreat. He needed to get back to her.... his long time in serving the girl had given him 'spider sense' to when he was needed the most.

(The rule with iron was just a saying; to rule that way was to be rigid and strong; to breed with passion was to choose right in order to keep her blood line right)

He let the girl get acquainted to where she would now be working- solely for him. No he never had a partner nor a personal servant so it would be interesting to say the least how he treated her- with out his sister around nor his mother; who knew his temperament.

Raeliana just took a few steps away from her mother to get out of there, although she was startled by the feral roar all of a sudden, which had her turning around just to move to avoid her mother. Oh this definitely wasn't good at all. Her mother had gone feral and she definitely wasn't sure how to handle a feral vampire. That quite hadn't been something she had ever dealt with. They were dangerous and unpredictable. No until then all she could do was retreat, that would be the best idea. And it seemed like the masked assailants were taking to getting in the way, and actually trying to attack the queen, not like they would have much luck with that. But Raeliana used that to her advantage to actually be able to get away from the feral queen. There was usually no saving a vampire when they hit this feral state, sadly enough. All she could do at that point in time was run.

Jayme and at this point the remaining living folks in the mansion heard that roar. Shit. He hadn't gotten back down yet before the princess slid the floor and nearly flew up the steps.
Right. Time to go. Turning and following the fleeing princess just as several masked people were thrown in to the wall, drained and pale and very much dead.
"I got whom I could find and sent them to your home. The staff were informed to ready the place for you to come."
Aww, right they would be leaving the horses..... Another time, hopefully they wouldn't be eaten.

Well seeing Jayme was a sight for sore eyes as Raeliana fled away from her feral mother, it wasn't as though she could do anything else. She was just listening to what Jayme had to say before she was giving a nod of her head then spoke, "That sounds good. I need to go and let Todd know what has transpired. The queen has gone feral." Raeliana spoke with a shake of her head as they were retreating into the safety of her chambers, or her former chambers anyways. She was going over to Jayme and wrapping her arms around him in a hug. They were safe there and this wasn't unusual when she felt overwhelmed, such as that point in time. No she so didn't want to be queen, she wasn't ready to be queen, at all. And they had to figure out exactly who the masked people were.

"Oh... that wasn't a still living guest?" The ghost pondered as they locked the door behind them; if that was the case- maybe she was being occupied by those downstairs. And though this was not new, a hug was always a startling thing to have the princess do to him. He was her senior by many years; including the years pre death. "I would advise a visit AFTER going and trying to calm the staff down. They will want to hear they still have jobs for you at your new kingdom. Your brother will still be in his home come sundown tomorrow." A slight shift in the essence that created his body and he was solid enough to rub her shoulder. This hadn't been the first hug in her 70 years, as she was a child- any ill fated thing done to a servant or irk that her mother didn't like upset her so.
The former queen didn't even offer the two children their first meals- sending them to a feeder nurse and live stock to teach to open and not kill. The harsh woman would not be missed in his eyes.

But this freed the son to do as he pleased, allowed to be out and seen now far more frequent- she barely gave the boy a second thought; he only discarded pregnancy gifts she cleared out for her new interests. Had the siblings bothered to check the queens underground chambers, the slowly dying birthing sacks of un wanted children lay shriveling in her far stretching rooms- mostly males from the newest consort.

"I hate to bring it up, but are you going to follow her orders to find a mate?" Jayme asked the young queen.

"No.... that was mother.... going into a rage. Going feral. She was pretty injured when I got there." Raeliana spoke in a low voice before she was listening to him at the mention of going to try and calm the staff down, to let them know that they had jobs. Ah yes that would probably be a very wise idea. Granted her summer home wasn't quite a castle but it mind as well be close enough. It wasn't her choice on it, her mother had played a part in that. But it would still work for starting her own kingdom. Raeliana was looking towards Jayme at the mentioning of finding a mate before she spoke, "I shall.... But in my own time. I'll not do it because I have to, I'll do it because I want to." With that she was drawing away from him before she was looking down at her dress, which was more torn and shredded than it had been. And she was covered in blood and a few of her own injuries, but nothing major. No she would deal with that later. "Come on lets get back Unless of course.... You are wanting to leave? That option is available, if that is something you are wanting to do." she spoke in a soft voice.

As the gentleman ghost he was; he held open the portal door. "Now, why would I leave you, My princess?" he spoke. Jayme had grown up with the girl, why would he leave her now... even more so when she would need to have some one enforce her new rules. He wasn't going to abandon her at this time.
Not only was he given as a gift to her mother on good faith of his kind, he was then given to her. Even if he had wanted to leave, had he shown back up to his old plane of living, they would think this vampire colony a traitor and issue attacks for refusing a gift. Naw, best just stay with the princess he cared for.

Sharp ears caught the sound of the tap turning off, his bath must be full. He started his journey; by smell; to find the bathroom and the young servant he now solely owned. Leaving the papers on the side table, there wasn't anything on them he worried about her reading. It was just notes on the mansion, actually; it might be wise to let her read them so she knew faster ways around.
"Miss!? I... I am having a bit of trouble finding this bathroom you chose!" he called out; honest words, her fresh sandalwood scent was getting over powered by the aged house and dust the billow as they moved.

Last edited:
Serana had been in the bathroom watching the water run into the bathtub when she heard him call out. This had her shutting off the water, since it was full and stepping out of the bathroom. Down the hallway she spotted him and she was giving a light smile before she spoke, "Two doors down from the room you were in. It is a beautiful place, but lots of cleaning to be done." With that she was brushing some of her hair out of her face before she was leaning against the wall so that he could go in and get cleaned up.

Raeliana looked towards him for a moment in time before she was giving a light smile then she spoke, "I'm not sure. Figured you would have gotten bored with being around us vampires after a while." With that she was walking through the portal so that they could get back to her summer home, and she could get the staff calmed down. Why she needed to go and visit her brother was beyond her. Telepathy was a viable way of communication, and she knew that they would be able to speak, at least for a brief bit. 'Todd, I am headed to my summer home. Mother went feral. We managed to get as many of our people, and the staff, out as we could.' she breathed to her brother mentally.

Todd had a foot in the room she mentioned before stopping. “What were your duties at my mothers home? I ask so i don’t over step your knowledge of the work you can do.” A simple question to the human. However his mind was occupied with his sisters voice... oh this was a drain in his small magic.
~Sister? What do you mean mother went Feral!? Was she that injured she wasn’t help-able?~ yes he heard where his sister went... the portals his sister made were connected here to her home as well.
His feet rocked as he held his head, shaking away fear for his family, but relief too that he no longer had to worry about his mother finding him. Once a feral- no mental stability.... even if she regained composure.

“There has been no reason for me to feel that way when you are always on your toes.” a lowered head to the head servant as they were greeted at her portal door. “Prepare a bed for the new queen Raelina in the master suite. Queen Amelia has gone Feral and won’t be returning to her queen ship any time soon. Make a call out for any abled body and Willing people that may want to join Queen Rae’s army and court.”
Jayme had needed to voice for the woman, having attended more war meeting with her mother before going to work for the princess. He knew a strong start to her court would give them an edge to the new masked people that wanted them dead.
Bossy in almost a king like way while she was speaking with her lone sibling.

Serana looked towards him before she spoke, "The usual duties of a servant. I can cook and clean, I have a little knowledge with gardening but I would trust me to work on that." With that she was just holding the door open for him so that he could go into the bathroom. While he was bathing she would probably go and explore the rest of the house, see where everything else was, unless there was a task for her.

"Exactly the case.... She tried to attack me even. Even had I tried I wouldn't have been able to help her." Raeliana told her brother before she was turning her attention towards the orders that Jayme seemed to be giving the servants. Hell she was grateful that he was there at that point in time. Honestly she was almost shocked that that had even happened.... that her mother had fallen into that state. Granted the woman angered her more often than not but going feral.... that wasn't a fate she wished upon any vampire whatsoever.
The young queen looked around for a moment before she was inclining her head gently to the head servant before she was looking towards everybody else. Everybody seemed afraid at that point in time, honestly she couldn't blame them. "Time to let go of the fear. This place is a very safe place to be." she spoke up after a moment in time, her voice reassuring and calm.

A soak was all the vampire needed as he came back around to the bathroom as the woman held it open, then left. No, he did not need a person to sponge bathe him; he wasn't that type of ruler.
~I just....... That leave you in charge, sister. Queen so soon. I will try to gather people here.... for you of course~ he amended and left the tub so many minutes later. ~Im not sure really where to start though; queen sister.~

Jayme turned his attention to the woman he served. Her words filtering through the people that were in her service; their nodding and posture were a positive change to see after the massacre at her old home. "Madam!?" some one called out, stepping forward with a bow. A teen from the stables looking out of place in the grander of the home. "There is nothing for us to need to do with no filled stables. What will you have us do?"

Raeliana listened to her brother before she cooed mentally "Yes I suppose that does mean I'll be Queen. But.... It isn't as though I don't know what to do. I just.... I don't want to be like Mother was. Seemingly so emotionless and so cold to those that weren't of the nobility ranking." Her attention was turning towards the teen that came running up from the stables. There was nothing in the stables so they didn't really have anything to do. "Well what else do you know how to do?" she questioned, her tone gentle. "Is there something you would like to do? Perhaps learn to cook if you don't want to." No she wasn't going to be like some of those rulers and just assign people to do something. Sometimes ones talents lay in specific things.

"We learned the craft of being a farrower, my lady. We only know horses." He bowed as a few more stable hands popped in from the hall, not dirtying this room rugs. "If we have your permission we can obtain some from some breeders?" He offered didn't stand up straight as Jayne took a place at his front.
"I'm sure we can spare some gold, mistress. How about a proper start with war horses before going to war? Pair a soldier with a foal?" The ghost added with a flickering smile. "Entice those that want a partner we have some."

"Miss Serana?" Todd called out after being clean, dressed and calm. He waited until he saw her face before smiling. "This might be rude of me to ask, as in not sure your place on it, but in the basement... Is there any bottles of blood?" His hand have him away that he was nervous. Hungry, really... And there wasn't anything around except her.

Raeliana gave a faint smile before she gave a nod of her head then spoke, "Yes lets get some horses from the breeders. And please you may straighten up right now. A number of you have lived here long enough to know that I'm more laid back than most nobles. I don't want my staff to be afraid of me and that is why they follow me, and work for me." With that she was looking towards Jayme before she was giving a grin and a dismissive wave, her way of saying to go ahead and do that. She trusted their judgement.

"Just Serana, no miss. And I can check." Serana spoke after a moment in time as she walked up to him, a gentle smile on her lips. After that she was giving a light bow before heading off to venture down into the basement. Yeah she had found the door earlier, although she hadn't been sure how she felt about going down there. It was quite dark down there, and she definitely wasn't the biggest fan of basements. Not after discovering that disturbing room at the palace.

"Not afraid... just polite, madam." Jayme grinned his shifting grin as he solidified his arm up to help the bowing farrower back to straight. "I think it best to look up reputable breeders. How about a list of them around here from town?" he told the humans whom went straight to work.
"If any one else needs something, speak. How are the food stocks?" he asked the kitchen staff whom lowered their heads.
"Not much? Ok, send a cart........." Jayme had to pause and look back to his queen... He almost ordered them like a king or a prince... he was neither. ".....If the queen wants to do so, and send men to pull it..." seeing as they had no horses or ox, that would be a bit of staff if they filled the cart up. And they really didn't have that many people here to begin with..... Most of it had been the kitchen staff, 10 people.... and the farrows and maids made for 20 people.... They needed more help....

Todd didn't follow the girl, sitting and finishing some papers before writing his own on the few good sheets that were left in the desks here. A request for help, a request for food, and a request if excepted for payment upon a blood letter.

Raeliana looked towards Jayme when he started speaking about sending a cart to the town so that they could get food and what not. She was looking towards them for a moment before she spoke, "Yes let us make a trip to town. Lets make sure that we are stocked on food, and see what else there is that will be of use." With that she was tapping her fingers to her lips for a brief moment in time before she was looking at Jayme then spoke, "Let people know what is going on, I'll be right back, I need to go and change quick." Of course she planned on going with to assist with everything as well, make sure her people were safe as well. With that she was disappearing off upstairs so that she could change out of her tattered ballgown.

Serana was finding a number of bottles of blood, and a locked room in the basement. Naturally since the room was locked she wasn't going to go in there, wasn't her place. Nope she was just grabbing a few of the bottles and heading off towards the stairs so that she could go back upstairs. How she absolutely hated basements with a passion, especially dimly lit basements.

(Oh! I was hoping none, but I guess when he runs out he can feed on her. whats in the locked room \o0o/)

With out even needing the Guard to gesture, two young maids hurried up after the new queen, going to help dress her.
"Madam, is Sir Jayme your new betrothed?" a child asked as she grabbed new britches for her to feel comfort in.
"Hush, Maddy! Thats rude to ask!" The older one hissed out, pure humans.
"But She's always with him... and he gets away with a lot of things... I was just curious if he was like Prince Todd....."

Oh, she had found some. Surprised the old owner stocked some for him, the male was just a human; he hadn't needed to nor had he asked.
"Serena, Thank you so much!" His hands were covered in ink as he took a few bottles from her hands to help unload her weight. With out a pause, one's top was clawed off and he downed it straight from the dusty container. Not a drop dripped from his mouth; all too precious to spill.

(Probably nothing. Dunno yet. XD)

"There were only a few bottles. About ten." Serana spoke as she was allowing him to grab a few of the bottles from her hands, and she was setting the others down on the desk. "Is there anything else you wish for me to do right now? If not I would like to keep looking around the house, figure out where everything is." she spoke after a moment in time.

Raeliana looked towards the maids for a moment in time before she spoke, "No Sir Jayme is not my betrothed. He has been my guardian since I was very young." With that she was pushing open the door to the master bedroom so that she could get changed into something more comfortable.

I single finger as if to say one minute and the Prince finished off the gulp he had in his mouth. Covering mouth to lick his lips, Todd did feel very regal at the moment. Once composed, he looked back to the maid with a smile.
"Thank you, that was very much needed and I'm sorry that wasnt neatly done in a glass, Miss Serana." His thumb hit the corner of his mouth to brush off any little bit he might have dripped.
"Yes, that will be all for today. We will have to walk in to town tomorrow. I have some notices to put up... And a supply run." He was looking a bit more colorful now as he swept a hand towards the door as if to say lead on. "Just show me the master bedroom again... Cause I forgot.... And we are good."

The young child was quiet just for a minute before voicing her opinion again as she held up the queens shirt.
"But you will make him king right? Hes a good boss! People might get headaches from watching him but he knows how to command people." Little Maddys voice was fast, all out there before the older one slapped her face.
"Madeline! How dare you speak to the queen like that!?" The open palm had left a red mark on the child's cheek but she didn't cry.
"But who else should we trust if we were just run out of our home!!??" Her one hand still held the princesses shirt but the other rubbed her cheek.

Raeliana just watched for a moment in time although she didn't really say anything while she was taking the shirt so that that she could put it on after she was managing to get out of the dress. For some reason she almost felt jealous of Jayme, he had so much respect. It had her wonder if she had respect from the servants as well, or if they were more there because Jayme was around.
"How about you trust your queen." was all Raeliana could say as she was looking at them fully before she was pulling on the pants that she found in her stash off clothes and was pulling her hair out of the updo that it was in so that she could just put it up into a ponytail. "Whom I decide to marry is not of your concern. And as of now, I wish not to marry. Besides... I doubt that Jayme has those kind of feelings for me as it is." the young queen spoke.

Serana was giving a faint giggle before she spoke, "Eventually I'll not be within the home to show you around. Better learn your way around." With that she was leading him off towards the master bedroom. Once he was there she was giving a faint bow so that she could go off to continue to explore the home and see what she could find.

"Your majesty. We trust you. None would have stayed had we no trust in you. You are one of the kindest Biters we know." The older one said in place of the child; who chimed in quite quickly afterwards. "Sorry, madam..... I just wanted to know is all.... I didn't want you lonely." She would keep her mouth closed for now about the knight. When the queen would be away in the woods, the knight would be keeping guard of the empty rooms she used... and Maddy thought it was just so he could always smell her out... Always knew when the scent changed and he was needed faster. He must like his princess.... in some way....

"Its just for now...." He puffed like an angry toddler but was smiling as it broke in to a laugh too. "I know I need to, you had already known where it was better then I though.... could have just pointed."
With her leading though, the room was soon found and he bobbed his head in thanks to her full bow. Naw, he wouldn't say nothing about the lack of a curtsy over a bow; what ever felt right; he was lax in his commands too.
VERY unlike their.... mother..... The siblings never did see the use of trying the hard way when sweet got a bit more done. They weren't push overs, they had teeth to bare.
Dropping flat to the slightly dusty bed, Thats another thing he would need to add to the shopping list. A new mattress; who knew what went on on this one; but for now all he smelled was dust and wood.

Back
Top Bottom