Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fleeting wings and new owner- GuardianAngel and I

"Yes mother." Raeliana spoke before she was giving a small curtsy. Time to go and get this man to leave, and to greet the man who was suppose to be her match. How she hated get togethers like this. "Oh Lord Teverrein, what a pleasant surprise." The young princess apoke as she glided over to where he was standing by the wine table, taking her own glass of wine poured by one of the servants. Yeah she was pretty sure his partner didnt know about it, and being around this man gave her the shivers. Every time his partner glanced over from where she was talking to other ladies, the man stopped checking out the other woman. Or in the case of the woman near him, feeling her up. "My lord I must say that is very adulterous actions. Being mated yet feeling up that of another woman. I have to wonder how your own love would feel about that." Raeliana cooed in a low voice as she took a sip of her wine.

As loyal as he was, Jayme stood back. This was the princess intentionally getting close to some one- he need not intervene. He did see the lingering eye of the lech however stay on the princess's assets far too long before reaching face.
"Your highness." a low bow brought him up at her words. "There is no harm in a touch if the other is a willing participant. As for my mate, I am not allowed to touch her as she signed herself to a birth process."

Raeliana gave a scoff before she spoke "You have a mate, you should remain loyal to her. And I have to wonder how exactly you managed to get in. You weren't exactly invited here. The lords and ladies invited here were invited for the intent of my brother and I finding suitors. All are not taken other than yourself, my lord. Curious isn't it."

Feigning hurt, the Lord touched his throat. "Your highness, I have remained loyal to my partner. I come home to her faithfully every night. As for getting in here, again, light words and touches get you through most doors." Fred Teverrian held his hands behind his back now as his wife looked over. Her small statue hid her wide belly well as she came over to his side and took his arm.
"Fred! Darling! How did you get in, dear? I thought that you didn't get invited???"
"Madeline, I must have had misplaced my invite, as you can see I made it." "Is this not a lovely party; Your highness must be so proud to finally get to have her own lands to rule and some one to rule with!" The perky woman grinned up to the young princess. She almost seemed like a child by nature and height but she was well above legal breeding age.

Oh God the perky woman had come over it seemed, which made her life all the more difficult. "Yes. I have yet to meet the man that has been chosen for me though." Raeliana spoke after a moment although she was dismissing the fact that the lord was there. Honestly her mother could stay pissed st her for all she cared. The words she spoke this morning were true. With that she was taking another sip of her wine before she spoke "If you two haven't seen the gardens yet I suggest looking at them. They are all lit up and look beautiful this time of night. Now I must excuse myself so I can go and introduce myself to my match. Also Madeline, I must say you look absolutely radiant tonight. I would sag you outshine all of the other ladies, myself included." After that she was giving a small cursty and gliding off to find the man that she was suppose to be matched with. Oh hey she spotted her brother as well with some blonde haired woman. She was pretty but a pretty face didnt mean much. "Jayme. Am I the only one who has the gut feeling something is off? That something is wrong." She spoke, knowing her guardian would hear it.

"I follow you and only you, Miss Raeliana. What you say goes. If you need me to clear you space or get you away, I will." The ghost put a hand to his chest and stood at her side. No he couldn't feel what she did, but that could be her magic acting up too, affected by others using spells.
A bobbed head to the Lord and Lady and he followed her out to the next room where neither the prince nor the young lady seemed to be having a good time.

The woman looked scorned, her golden head turned away and her nose high. Todd was merely sitting with his hands in his lap.
"Your highness!" A quick look from over her shoulder and the young miss stood and hurriedly curtsied. "I was just telling your brother, miss that he needs to know his place. He doesn't have a say in the court of woman!"
Oh yes, that Hyena or Queen Bee rule. Woman first, studs later........

"I feel like I'm going crazy." Raeliana mumbled as she was wa during over towards her brother and the blonde with him. Oh man this chick had a hideous personality. And it w as snt long before she was actually speaking and telling Raeliana that she had been telling her brother that he needed to know his place. "And may I ask, why on earth you felt you needed to tell my brother this." She spoke after a mkment in time, her own look of scorn on her features as she was folding her arms across her chest. At least for a brief moment, at least until she was holding out her goblet to a servant, and it was being refilled.

"He was suggesting ideas Un FIT for the life we hold now. What purpose would we need a court with the lowers for?! I dont know why your mother thought us a good match! He's too far thinking for my lands!" He gaze was on the quiet male, whose own was to the empty table. He had not partaken in any blood or wine so one can not claim him high.
She was over playing what actually was said- he was recounting olden human times where they held meeting with them for stock and the humans protection in wars. Not suggesting they involved them in the day to day courts.

Jayme went still though as he surveyed this room.. it felt... off, dizzy.... The few people here hadn't said anything or done anything upon the princesses entrance... they weren't even dressed up farm stock... they were just.....
"We need to leave....." he hushed out to the lady he protected, a hand to her shoulder.

"I actually dont disagree with that idea. I suppose to the daughter of a Duke you dont realize how much work goes into being a queen or princess. We handle the problems with everybody. Sometimes we dont have the chance to get to all the problems. This court would help make the lives of the royals a bit easier. And the people would always have an ear to speak to. And even then had that been made as a suggestion, why would he make it to a woman who has no power such as yourself." Raeliana spoke after a moment in time before she was flicking her hand as if shooting the woman off. This is about when she noticed the few people in her room and was actually pouring the wine in her goblet in the floor. None of them even made a move to do anything, which had her giving a faint sigh. "See I knew it. Gut is never wrong." Was all she said.

Disgusted by the act of being waved off, the young duchess huffed and arms to her hips.. A gasp as the princess poured wine out and it splashed her light green gown. "Your highness! Why would you do that!? That is a vintage aged Porttttgghhhh....." but her words cut off as a spike emerged from her throat. The thing behind her connected to a chain- but it whipped away as Jayme tried to catch the killer. This wasn't good!!

A shaken head to the new splashes of blood on his face and Todd stood as Jayme's form flickered in an attack. "Liana, We have to run!" he shouted and yanked his sister with him.

Raeliana was grateful that seeing people get killed didnt bother her at all. It wasn't long before she was being yanked along after Todd so that they could get going. Seemed like things in the other room were just as hectic. Where was mother? This had the princess looking around for a brief moment in time, before she was pushing a few strands of hair from her face.

"Up!" Jayme ordered and shoved a cold hand up there spine. "Back to rooms. We leave!" They could try to find the queen later after he got them to safety upstair. There wasn't much help he could do here in the panic- he would loose both these heir if he tried to fight.

His grip to his sister's arm tightened as he ran and Todd led the way back up. By no means could these vampire children not fight, they were just saving themselves. Family came next. They were both taught how to use blades or their claws if need be but in this weapon to innocents they would get wreaked.

Raeliana was giving a nod of her head before she was running after her brother, heading back upstairs to their rooms. Yeah at that point in time them being around they were just painting targets on themselves if anything. Good thing it didn't take them overly long to get back to their rooms, and the moment that they were safely behind closed doors, Raeliana was putting up a ward on the door, making it a little more difficult for the enemy to get in. With that she was speaking, "I'm trusting my instincts next time." She was gliding over to the mirror that was in the room and seeming to draw a symbol on it with her finger, they could see the chaos in the ballroom. Currently she was attempting to find their mother, whom wasn't overly hard find thankfully.

Hands shook as he dropped his sisters hand and tossed his circlet to the floor. No, no, no! He needed to get clean... He didn't mind drinking blood but having it on him was just nasty. Dropping a towel in to the sink, he ran it quickly and used it to wipe his face... not bothering to hide as he tosses his shirt and tie to the seats in his room. He was grossed out, not scared.
Let her find mother. He didn't worry on the queen.

Said queen was working hard at slicing through the mass of flesh that was blocking her way of running. Her consort dead, some guards dead and most failing to hold back the wave of masked people. She herself covered in wounds. Yes. She was strong and she was proving it.

Raeliana just watched her brother for a moment as he was going off to wash off the blood from his features, a look of disgust on his features. At the time she wasn't overly bothered by it, she went back to watching what was happening through the mirror. She could see that her mother was covered in wounds, and it would seem that she was attempting to escape. How Raelianna wanted to help but there is no way that Jayme or Todd would let her go back there at all. Who knew what her mother would think of her showing up there either. Soon enough she was looking over towards the door that connected their two rooms, completely forgetting ward that one. Whoops. This had her going over to the door after hearing a noise and was cautiously opening it up, although much to her surprise it was just a startled looking Serana. Oh yeah she had been cleaning the rooms, and avoiding being near the ballroom at the time. "Oh Princess...." Serana spoke after a moment in time although she was giving a startled shriek as she was being pulled into the room and behind her just as her own bedroom door ended up bursting open. Oh and it was a man.... which made her charming ability to much easier. "Go tend to the Prince." was all Raeliana spoke as she was pushing Serana over towards Todd and stepping towards the enemy, managing to catch his eye. There was a small amount of resistance but soon enough the person was sitting on the ground by the wall, after disposing of all weapons. "Do be a dear and tell me why you people are here." Raeliana cooed as she was picking up one of the knives just examining it.

A huff from the prince and he kicked his circlet in his fast pace. Who cared right now? Not him. That thing only pinned a target on his head. "You." he saw the girl get shoved at him and set a wet palm to her shoulder to stop her from fully falling. "You need to help me pack. Can you grab the sweaters from the far closet." He didn't want to waste time and though he hadn't actually needed to, he added his mesmor to that order. Why talk when he could do. They could have their horses saddled and ready to go in a minute.

Jayme had merely blinked before the Princess had chosen to disarm the masked male. This left him with a choice of tools in of which to fight... or torture if so wished upon. Ah, even had a shock stick... he'd take that. The current of electricity only added to his ghostly form as it cracked and absorbed in his fingers. Of which the slightly charmed male gulped in fear.
"Your kind need to die. You use us like fodder and give nothing back, we are food and your armies. There is no gain from keeping your kind as a ruler."

Raeliana just listened to the man before she spoke "Sorry to break it to you but.... your actions make you just as bad, if not worse. You attacked as, at a gathering where we did no harm. All those humans here, here willingly, some of them. Some of them we got from death row where theh were to be executed by you humans." With that the princess was straightening up before she scoffed then spoke "Some vampires deserve to die, but not all. Jayme, he is all yours." With that she was stepping away ak that she could go and start throwing some stuff together as well.

Serana looked at him for a moment before she was giving a nod. After that she was going over and grabbing the sweaters so that she could grab the sweaters and help get the prince packed. She could hear the fighting and was actually looking towards the door almost fearfully when she heard something thud against it. "Dont worry, the wards will hold." The princess spoke as she came back into her room, and she was tearing the bottom of her dress to make it easier to move in.

His Mesmor was very temporary it seemed... with out the magic reserves his sister had, they were at best made for one command and with the sweaters done, wore off. "I saved, Rae. I saved and I bought that house far from here. I am going there. I dont know about you, but Mallondri is closer then your summer home. Walk the path between them." he flinched at the crackling energy arch and the burning smell of flesh as Jayme Fried the would be assassins head. Oh that creature was far too happy with that stuff.
"I am also taking the girl. I sure as Heck not leaving her here." a flop of a fully stuffed and unorganized bag to the bed and he looked to the girl that was helping them.

Raeliana looked towards her brother before she spoke "Take her and go on ahead. I'm going to stay here for a bit longer. I want to try and get our people away if I can." Not like she wasn't capable of fighting, and at that point in time she had to do something. She had to help protect her people. With that she was looking over and was opening up the warp path for them before she was looking at Serana, "When you go through the path do not let go of Todd until you are within his home, or you'll end up elsewhere. Meant to protect us should anybody try to follow. Most dont know the secret." This had the human giving a nod before she was grabbing up a few of Todd's bags. Raeliana stood just watching them, and cut off the bottom of her dress. Now it feel just above her knees and there was a slit on the side making it far easier to move in. Still she had her heeks on but that wouldn't slow her down.

A grip to the girls wrist as he turned towards the 'tunnel' and Todd began to walk through it. They needed to leave now, but his stubborn sister would be the death of him if he stayed to help her. "Count to ten and dont breathe either- won't make you sick."

Jayme was finished roasting the man now as he turned and shook his hand free. "Task is done, miss Rae. Do you seriously intend to fight down there?" tails twitched from claws back to a normal hand.

Serana looked towards Todd for a moment in time before she was giving a nod of her head. "Ready to leave when you are sir." was all she said.

Raeliana looked towards Jayme for a moment in time before she spoke, "Yes I do intend to fight. I want to help my people. And besides.... it isn't like i'm some helpless damsel in distress."

"No not helpless but I'd prefer to keep the blood line alive for you mother rather then she reap you head for helping her." His face was a solid phase while the rest was wicking away in a flurry of shifting to a bigger creature. "Lead the way then, your highness." Claw gestured forth towards the warded door.

As for the prince, he was keeping himself and the girl alive. Sure he should go help but with a limited reserve of magic he wouldn't amount to much with out a weapon. Which he had at his new home.
"Miss... I do not know your name. You can be the first help in my home, if you care to stay on. If so, I'll need the shutters closed but curtains open." he said as he left the warp tunnel and stepped to the stones. There only was a blackened house that awaited them- new to him but old to the world. He had wanted to grab his horse and ride here so he had something to go in to town with but it was alright.... He'd open the path back with his sisters help and get his stallion later.

Raeliana looked towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "Mother is already mad enough at me for arguing with her earlier." With that she was giving a sword as she was grabbing up the dual daggers that the man had been carrying, her preferred weapon of choice. After that she was riding the ward from the door and pushing it open before heading out into the hallway. "Rescue civilians as you can. Direct them towards the doorway that leads into the garden." she gave him that addition order.

Serana was looking around when they appeared before she spoke, "My name is Serana, my lord. And..... I shall assist as I can." She didn't move to close the shutters right away, more needed to reorient herself for a brief moment in time. Warping was very friendly to people that weren't use to it, even with holding her breath like he had suggested. But it didn't take long for her to right herself and she was going around do to do as he ordered. Shutters closed and curtains opened. "My lord.... If I may ask.... What had you deciding to bring me with you? And.... What exactly was going on?" Now that she was thinking about it a few of the cooks had been a bit suspicious to her, almost encouraging her to make sure that she stayed away from the downstairs. Although she was holding out his circlet towards him for a brief moment in time before she was gently placing it on the table.

"A massacre, miss Serena. Masked men were slaughtering our guests." Todd said from behind a desk in the hall, sheets of instructions from old home owner to him. He was holding his cheek, raw from the amount of scrubbing he had done to clean it.
"As to why I brought you; would you have rather been left behind to get killed? You work with us, they were killing off supporters too." He wasn't sure what he would have done if any of that carnage was his sister.... but here he was with out her.... "I'll need help here too, getting people rounded up in a return attempt of control. Those people dont understand what it is we actually had been doing."
Wether or not this girl knew his family as vampires was up for grabs but he wouldn't mention anything.

Jayme's head bobbed in his hearing of the commands, splitting away from his capable princess to head for the service rooms. People that worked for the family may have fled there, hopefully not caught there. He passed several farmed humans just waiting in the corners as if they were dead to what went on.
Couldn't those attackers see that in keeping to the farmed ones the other here had minds of their own? There had been no big wars here in hundreds of years and the human population had soared. Just as the humans have done to chickens, the vampires had their breeding stock of few for blood. None in this house hold had gone in to a blood lust ever; if a lesser one had it wasn't the queens fault.

Two children had been found hiding in one of the rooms he visited- kids of one of the maids... Both seemed far too shocked for that mother to be living. Class retreated and he ushered them to a stand, leaving would be wise; finding bodies came later...

Last edited:
Serana was listening to what he had to say before she was giving a slow nod of her head. Yeah that made more sense now that she thought about it, but she had to wonder exactly what was going to happen at that point in time. Yes she knew about the vampires, but she was one of those humans that was left alone. Off limits to feed off of, but that had been something she had stated in general. "Yes I shall assist how I can." she spoke after a moment in time, giving a nod of her head before she was inquiring what he wished for her to work on at that point in time.

While Jayme was doing that, Raeliana continued on through the hallways. She ran into a few masked people and they seemed more than shocked that the princess was a capable fighter. The number of servants she did spot, fleeing for their lives, she was redirecting them towards that of her chambers and Todd's chambers. Both entrances were spelled so only people she actually knew could enter. And she prided herself on remembering the names of all of the staff, including the humans that worked there, the voluntary livestock. "Get to safety. Hurry." she spoke in a sharp voice and was soon enough finding herself at the ballroom.

Back
Top Bottom