Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC Thread] Dungeon World Adventures

Hey Kaylin, just to be clear Serah is asking to be penetrated by both Silver and Batul? Asking because the idea was for Batul to get some revenge on Silver but if Serah is asking to be taken instead then Batul would likely be able to put that aside for later and aquiesce.

Thanks for the clarification.

Btw I meant to link this before, but for the purposes of Batul I actually have a reference image for the nubs on her shaft. NSFW Image. And although I didn't say anything beforehand I was intending for her to be naturally hairless except for atop her head.

Majalis! I live their art work. I was hoping to use on of their traps for Silver.

I do too lol. Cool that you recognize it. Anyways the image you chose for Silver is more than fine, even if the real character in question for it actually is a flat-chested female. :)

Yeah, I was going to have Silver be a girl but changed it last minute. Anyways Kaylin still has the flu. I could skip her turn if you want to keep going.

Sorry to hear that, hope she feels better soon. As for the game, I can't reply tonight anyways but we could work something out if you wanted. Could skip the sex for now and play it out when she gets better, or delete/edit some posts to instead have Batul with Silver.

Let me know and I'll do what I can to accommodate.

So figured I would give a heads up to anyone curious about the posts,

I have been working on them but some are taking longer than others. Here is what I have been doing in the order and where I am at.

1) My Hero Academia (GM) - responding to 7 active players in a narrative post (Been taking a few days due to music, atmosphere and notes to respond to each player and character) - Current spot

2) Digimon (Gm) - Responding to 3 players - Next one this takes usually a few hours at most so should be able to get this up sometime Friday or Saturday.

3) Pogimon Heroes (Player) - This will take me maybe an hour and I will be hitting this up third going about Ashley and her bodyguard possibly finding her hurt with the others helping her.

4) The Jugs of a Witch (co-gm/player) - This post takes me a few hours usually but I am hoping to get this done Sunday or Monday latest)

5/(Most Days) Dungeon World - My husband's game - This is literally quick posts so will respond to it between everything since its not a super detailed rp more of a relaxing basic post

6) Supernatural Crimes - Another quick post fun game so will be posting randomly every few days.

Figured I would type this up and place it in most ooc threads and my status to update everyone on the current situation.

@Kaylin: You know, I'm not a huge manga/anime person but I just now realized after all this time that you have the main characters from The Devil is a Part-Timer! in you signature image. Didn't read it, but I watched the episodes they released and loved them to death. +1

@Zeth You didn't give me anything for my successful Spout Lore.

Also defy danger is supposed to be a choice the player makes in how they attempt to defy it. Of course said player still has to describe what they are doing and the DM gets the final say in what Ability that would use. In this case Batul is far more likely to play to her Strength and attempt to cleave the net in half before it covers her rather than dodging out of the way.

Well it appears my pm did not send.

Dex is merely the suggested attribute for this check. If Batul can justify another attribute in her post, please feel free to use it. For example the strength thing I could buy, or maybe using wisdom to predict the path and side step. When I ask defy danger I'll suggest an attribute but feel free to use any you think can be justified with a post. I'll let you know afterwards if it is no good.

Seriously though, this game relies on you actively attacking people to make them move. Start doing that more and don't wait to be attacked.

That's fair to describe it that way, but I my end you can't really expect me to understand that's what you meant when you said to defy danger with dex without having explained it like this before.

As for the waiting this time I had two reasons for doing so. 1: I wanted to know the results of my Spout Lore in case the information would have useful information for the combat. 2: While dungeon world has no turn system in place I can only justify so much action at a given point and I want to leave openings for Kaylin to reply and play as well.

Other than this time I feel I've been fairly active with my combat turns?

I apologize about not explaining the defy danger thing sooner. I thought it was posted under rules of the game, but it was not.

Dungeon World is reactive combat. The enemy never rolls to hit you and never gets their own turns. You MUST attack and roll damage for them to attack and roll damage. After doing your "What are you waiting for!?" move you should roll hack and slash. If you get a partial success or higher go ahead and roll the damage right away. I understand this is different then D&D and most table top systems out there.

Now because you did spout lore I tossed in a defy danger test, but as written I'm supposed to sit on my hands until you Hack and Slash or Volley at them. As for Kaylin, she hates combat and I have to pull teeth to get her to post anything during a fight. She would rather have Batul do all the fighting while she kisses your wounds better between fights. If you are okay with that, We can do that. Other wise I'll force her to have COMBAT, GLORIOUS COMBAT!

You are active during combat so far, But it feels like you are trying to play it like D&D with traditional turns and you wait for the opponent to move. In Dungeon World, and most Apocalypse World Engine games, this simply does not work and you must always directly act against the enemy and only wait for each player to have a turn. This can be jarring at first and takes getting used to.

Yes I do understand that about the reactive combat but you are right, I'm used to DnD and am still trying to adapt to this ruleset. I've only tested the waters in Dungeon World before so I'm still not super comfortable with the flow of the game and such in comparison but I am trying to get it down.

As for the defy danger that's totally correct in the state of the game since the dm here is supposed to throw soft moves at the players when appropriate to keep things interesting and hard moves to punish them for completely passive efforts or otherwise ignoring dangers or threats. From my understanding yes the monsters are intended to react to the players first and foremost but that doesn't mean they stand around and let us do everything, so the net was a totally fair move on your part. No worries there.

Basically there were so many options you could have done with the knowledge check that I didnt want to assume anything. To be fair, for all I knew you could have told me that their tribe worships shemales and by revealing Batul as such the fight could have been avoided entirely. If we were playing in person I could have gotten that information immediately before choosing to make a Hack and Slash roll, but due to the forums making things a bit skewed I guess it seemed like I was delaying and shying away from battle because of it.

In any case if Kaylin is fine with me charging forward and handling combat for the most part then I'll be more than happy to do such but, like before, I hadn't heard that from her so until now I couldn't realize that was her viewpoint. Personally I'd still like to see her help out and such but if she wants to take a backseat to that I have no issues, different strokes for different folks and all that and I'm not really looking to force anyone to participate in things they don't enjoy.

I got a new player interested. They are named ippo. Are you fine with new blood joining?

Yeah I'm fine with another player joining, not a problem to me so long as they are comfortable with the current party and everything.

Hello frens~ I'll be joining you all as Holone, the futa elf fighter! Hope we all have fun!

Welcome to the group ippo. :) I did notice that your reference image throws out a 403 image for me, did you by chance attempt to link directly to the image rather than the page of gelbooru it is on? I believe that site forbids direct links to images so you might wish to try linking the actual page instead.

EDIT - Also you filled in "the innocent and the weak" for one of your bonds. The way Bonds are intended to work are that they are made between party members or sometimes notable NPC characters. So you should actually look between Serah and Batul and see if any of those options are ones that you would like to use for them.

Oic! Lemme fix that real quick.

Yeah, can you all tell this is my first time with this system? >w>'

Maybe one bond could be that Batul dominated Holone in the past, and the latter wants to best her at some point?

Back
Top Bottom