Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC Thread] Dungeon World Adventures

Btw Kaylin, do let me know if I have Batul say anything that bugs you such as her calling Serah "pet".

Obviously can role play such things out in game, but don't want to cause any issues out of game either. :)

out of game kind of like it in game she will get pissed if anyone else is called pet or treated like a lover....serah has the hots for Batul if its not obvious

I did seem to notice that, but Batul is certainly not seeing things from the same perspective when it comes to their relationship. A side effect of their different cultures no doubt.

Should keep things interesting though. :)

@Zeth you didn't list out the results of Batul's What are you Waiting For!? challenge in your reply. Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget that, not that it changes the immediate results of a failed attack but it's important in the context of the scene.

Alright just checking since you didn't include the result in your post.

I figured as much since I rolled so garbage on damage but just wanted to be sure.

@Princess_Kaylin it looks like I'm somehow siphoning all of your good rolls right now. Sorry!

So two of the four skeletons died from the spell and Serah got one foot trapped in the ice. I want Batul to help her but I'm not actually sure if there would be a move assigned for that. Aid only functions if Serah has to make a roll to free herself, otherwise possibly Defy Danger as the other skeletons attempt to attack Batul when she moves?

Figured I'd ask how you want to handle this before I post a reply.

Batul is appreciative of Serah's efforts even if she struggled a lot during the fight. To this end she would be glad to split the remaining 25 gold so that Serah gets 15 of it and Batul takes 10.

@Zeth did we use any rations for the trip back to town?

Yes, you should make camp consume a ration and get back to full health. Serah consumes no rations and does 1d6 healing to the party each time you camp due to her druid moves. So everyone is at full health.

@Zeth I'm a bit confused by your given XP though. You said we cross off bonds and gained a total of 8? From my understanding bonds are only marked off when both players agree that they no longer apply and/or that there is nothing more to explore with the dynamic that they represent. To that end I don't believe that Serah and Batul completed any of our bonds right now personally, they all still apply and have room to be roleplayed so we wouldn't gain xp from those. Plus each player can only resolve 1 bond at the end of session anyways.

Also the only information I can find about gaining experience from the end of session is listed as such in the SRD:

"Once bonds have been updated look at your alignment. If you fulfilled that alignment at least once this session, mark XP. Then answer these three questions as a group:

• Did we learn something new and important about the world?
  • Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy?
  • Did we loot a memorable treasure?

For each “yes” answer everyone marks XP."

By my count that should be a maximum of 5 experience from an End of Session. Of course every failed roll of 6 or less also give one experience point, so that has boosted me a bit and I'm sure Serah should have a few from that as well, but I'm not really sure where you are getting the total of 8 from? Feel free to change whatever as a DM, that is your right by all means and I'm not trying to rules-lawyer really, I'm just trying to nail everything down in a way that makes sense to me so I can be certain everything is as it should be. :)

EDIT:
Writing a bond with Silver; Silver has dominated me against my will. I will put him in his place.

Level up results:

-Batul Constitution increased to 16 which increases HP maximum from 23 to 24
-Advanced move taken: Appetite for Desctruction (Multiclass), gained Signature Weapon from Fighter list. Axe will be transformed in downtime into Morzuk the Worldbreaker. New weapon tags are as follows: Close, Reach, Messy, Forceful, 2 Piercing

Last edited:
im not sure I have been out of it more and more today. was getting sick to a few hours before work full on cold. Zeth made me stay home while he went to work. Woke up took dayquill and still passing out. I think he was just giving xp due to us being short players since he had it planned for 3 and we lost one twice now.

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon. :/

As for Xp, that's totally fine if it is the case I was just curious as to where it was coming from basically.

Well to be blunt you did all those things Plus your alignment xp, plus your class bonus, So I the great zeth say you get a level up! Forum ganes drag compared to live tabletop so I give more xp to compensate for this. Just go with it.

I'm sorry if I offended you Zeth, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to clear things up for my own sake. Remember that I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of the system and I so I wanted to make sure of where everything was coming from so that I can learn for the future.

Wasn't trying to argue that you cant give extra xp or anything, you are the DM and can do whatever you want. I just like transparency. :)

You did not offend. It is just what I'm doing. Also is your new weapon 1 handed? If so I suggest she get a shield.

Negative, its a two handed axe/polearm as evidenced by the newfound reach tag. I'm going to describe the change in game but effectively the reference image didn't change besides a bit longer of a handle and a better sharpened set of blades.

EDIT - I'm also going to hold off on replying even though I realize Kaylin is sick and might be a bit. There is potential for some disagreement between our characters and I don't want to drive forward without giving her a chance to roleplay that out.

Last edited:
Well she is down to gang bang silver in character. It is she is just not up to posting right now.

Back
Top Bottom