Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Big Good Wolf (Frogger/Campion)

Oh? Is that right? Is that the reason why he is doing all this? Does he not realize how pathetic and weak it sounds, for her to rely on anyone else but herself? Does he?

Rieka looked him in the eye, a beast capable of ripping his throat out, if she so wished. How is she supposed to respond? A handful of hours ago, he was her stepson, and she married to his father for political reasons. It was but once or twice that they laid together, so there is no lost love when it comes to him... and yet, she cannot change her perspective of him, not so suddenly, not so drastically. Colin is... insisting she see him in a different light, though she... she just... How can she?! It feels like, no matter what, she will lose either way. It seems that... their relationship hangs in the balance of her answer.

It is almost as though he does not understand the ways of the wolf. Does he know nothing of her? Has the last several years meant so little? Rieka knows not, nor does it help her figure out how she shall... take this. Dark green eyes closed, a great big sigh leaving the beast.

As much as she hates it... she has no other choice but to give in to this ridiculous request. It is not as though she will claim him as her mate, but merely... satisfying him. "Fine," she growled, "I will use my mouth." Not saying another word, Rieka bowed her head... her long tongue lapping up the length of his cock.

Colin felt bad that he was pushing her, but his pain was real. In all honesty, he probably could not have made it back to town because he really wanted to double over from the pain. Men joked about blue balls and used it as an excuse for sex, but his nature left him truly in agony.

He could see the disappointment and frustration in her eyes, and he's ashamed to be weak before her. He mumbles, "Well we could cut them off." Actually considering that as a way to get out of this problem.

But then she, in her self sacrificing way, accepted the need. "Th-thank you. Really thank you."

As she approached and crouched, her amazingly long tongue rolled over him, lubricating his swollen rod. He leaned back against the bed, putting one arm behind himself for support, and spreading his legs. As her tongue continued upon him, he groaned in both pleasure and the pain of his bulging sack, testes and epididymis. His hand hesitently went forward, not to try to control her, but to caress her silky cheek and to rub behind her ears. He knew that rubbing there was the one thing he could do that didn't work at all for herself, and always relaxed her.
"Thank you Alpha. In all other things I will submit to your will, because I know you are wise and knowledgeable, and I owe you that loyalty for the myriad ways you have given to me over the years. You are stronger, faster, and more skilled than I. Please let me release into your powerful maw and then direct me what I should do. Rieka, my Alpha, thank you for caring for me."

He closed his eyes, hoping she'd swallow him and give him what he needed more than anything else in the world at that moment.

Rieka drank in his words, however… none rang true, at least to her. It seems he is exerting his dominance over her in this aspect, under the guise of his gift, in order to take what he wants. It feels like she has no other choice but to oblige him and his needs, else risk their relationship as… wait, what are they now that his father is no longer of this world?

No, this is neither the time or the place to be considering such a philosophical question. Rieka needs to focus on satisfying him, so they can move on. It is a question she does not need to linger on. It can be brushed aside, discarded, and perhaps she will pick it back up later.

A hand went forward right then, to caress her cheek and rub behind an ear. It distracted her for a moment, but she did not allow herself to be distracted for very long.

It is an insult to swallow his seed, to take the ‘easy way out’. It hurts her pride. It implies she is weak, that she is… about to succumb to pain, when it is the opposite. No. Rieka is not so weak. And yet… A paw resting on his thigh, Rieka closed her eyes and pushed these thoughts aside. Again and again, she had her tongue go over his cock, in order to provide him with the pleasure he so desperately needs. It was not until she sensed his body growing tense… his pleasure escalating into that of ecstasy, that she picked up the pace, that she dared to push him over the precarious edge between sanity and oblivion.

How long has it been since she herself experienced it-? Hm. How sad. Rieka cannot seem to recall.

For a heartbeat or two, Rieka considered the idea of pulling away… however, it was too late; his seed washed over her tongue, savory and sweet. A strange heat jolted down her spine, and it did not take long for his… gift to start working on what was left of her injuries. Rieka retreated after a moment or two, just… ashamed of herself, but she did fulfill her end of the bargain.

“Do you feel better?” she asked, though she could not bring herself to look at him out of shame. “I need to check on the boar outside, and I plan on seeing if there are guards posted along the road.” Rieka rose up onto her feet, and however much she wanted to leave in order to compose her thoughts… she lingered, in order to hear his answer.

This was what he'd been needing so badly, and having been denied, his resources were the greatest they'd ever been, his dammed up systems overflowing with more than they were ever meant to contain.
Her tongue was like a velvet caress, and her skill with it proved that she'd done this more than once before, and yet she was not throwing herself into it. He could felt her stop and dither and it kept him on the edge to a time.

But even with her mental stutters that affected her touch, he was primed and had to fire, and as he neared his edge, she chose to speed and pulled him into a hurricane of an orgasm. When he did, his massive load pouring into her mouth, splashing the back of her throat and then quickly adding more to follow as he emitted more magical essence than ever before. Gold-white light coated his vision and his knees shivered from holding him up where he now mostly lay against the bed.
Outward from his core it flashed like wildfire in a pine forest as every nerve came alive with white hot pleasure. He yanked back his hand from her head when he felt it start to emerge and aether danced with blue lights between his fingertips.
The stone floor under his bare feet shimmered and tiny cracks appeared, leaving the imprint as if he'd stepped into soft cement.
In that moment, the natural barriers within the body that resisted attempts at spellcasting were vaporized. He'd just jumped in raw ability from apprentice to master class magician, though he hadn't the years of controlling practice. His was now a wild talent.

There was now a glow within his blue eyes that would give caution to other practitioners. Through the fading haze, he heard her speak and he struggled to get words out. "F-Feel P-Perfect. B-Better than e-ever...f-floating, spinning...Rieka, oh my stars! Thank you so much. If I could but make you feel this way!" He started to reach out to her, to pass her this feeling. Somehow he knew he could do it. But that would be taking the choice from her and she was his proud Alpha. "If you ever need to feel release, I not only love you and want to give it to you, but I owe you. R-Right now, yeah. My loving protector, please do scout for danger, because I need to recover myself."

It would be half a day after that before he felt any of his usual need. He knew she would be at peak form and pity the poor brigand or bear that crossed her path.
Finally, he closed his eyes again and sank back on the bed in a wonderful daze. Things were going to get a lot better...he just knew it.

Why is he going on about it-? Rieka almost feels as though… every exclamation is meant to stroke her ego alone, to serve no other purpose but to make her feel better about this whole ordeal. A crackle of electric energy going down her spine, bringing with it the sense of danger, Rieka did not look to him but out through the window, as though she expected someone to be peeking in. “I do not need release,” she told him casually, “nor will I need to anytime soon.”

As pathetic as it may sound, Rieka has not had the touch of a man in a very long time. Yes, she and his father have lain together… but it was years ago, and it was only out of obligation, nothing more. Werewolves are known to be sexual creatures… however, she has come to terms with how things are. After so long, a female… learns how to focus on more important matters than what the body demands of her. Rieka was reluctant to look at him, and thus… she gave in to weakness, and chose not to do so as of yet.

“I shall return once I am able.” A hand went out to touch the door, and protective magic danced and sparked over her fur. It looks to be a beautiful day outside: an infinite blue spans from horizon to horizon, and not a cloud is in sight to ruin the sunshine with the threat of rain. A breeze had the scent of wildflowers, of sage and… lavender? Hm. How unusual. In any case, it feels as though Mother Nature is beckoning her to join the wildlife beyond the door of civility.

Rieka basked in the forest, knowing this is where she belongs. It was nice to cast aside the dilemma in which she found herself, and to focus on something else. Dark green eyes swept the trees, looking for any sign of men, of unwanted visitors. It appears no one dared to search for them here, however.

Hours passed by, and it was not until early afternoon that she did, indeed, return, and with grave news: the road is guarded, and by many men. All know of her human guise. Many are wary towards werewolves, thus… it will be difficult for her to leave this place with him. Not only that, but many know of his face, too… which serves to make it risky to leave in the first place. Rieka did not slow when his magic washed over her, instead shaking it off and heading inside. “Colin?” she called out, her eyes meeting his for but a moment… until the events of earlier occurred to the werewolf, and she averted her gaze. “It is as I feared,” she chose to share. “It seems that the council is after you… and me both, though for different reasons.”

A roll of her shoulders did not help relieve the tension, nor did it help her focus more on the issue at hand. Rieka frowned, restless energy compelling her to pace about.

“I suppose we can try the ravine… however, it is very treacherous. I cannot guarantee your safety.” It is but the truth. It will not do he or her any good to omit it, or to ‘beat about the bush’, as the saying goes.

Once she left, he let out the breath he'd been holding. He felt so weird inside. Taking a candle outside, he tried a basic light spell on the wick, using his usual will. The candle exploded in flame and he jumped back, using a frost finger to put it out. But the frost became a six inch layer of ice over the candle pieces.
He felt like an uncoordinated toddler, suddenly given the strength of a blacksmith, breaking everything.

He was also suddenly very tired. These more potent expenditures drained his normal reserves far too quickly.

So he went and sat on a boulder and thought. Some spells should be less dangerous. Maybe healing and visual light would be OK?
Once he'd rested, he tried the basic ignite spell again on a small piece of candle...only this time, he didn't exert his will at all, just kind of noticing the piece. The wick popped into a little merry flame.
So...it was doable, but he'd need to control his emotions and take his time. Repetition soon started to give him the new scale for how much effort it took depending upon what result he wanted.

But he had to know...so he summoned a magic missile and cast it at a rock across the clearing. A stream of many missiles shot from his hand and pulverized the rock. OK...so in extreme risk, he COULD cast spells.

He'd cleaned up the mess and gone back in to rest when she returned. The news was not good, and he waited for her assessment.
"OK..the ravine it is. Rieka, I do have a feather fall spell if it's needed. I trust you to lead and I will do my best to obey...and Rieka..." How much to tell her...
"My magic...giving to you seems to have made it stronger. I just thought you ought to know."

It was his news which prompted her to look his way at long last. What-? His magic is stronger? How? Why? It requires years of dedication and practice, does it not? No, it is best not to question it. Rieka knows little of magic, and she is not going to pretend she understands anything that which pertains to it. His father attempted to teach her a thing or two years ago, but it seems she lacks the talent for… influencing nature by supernatural means.

“Your magic… had to have been stronger, before you…” A hand gestured to imply what happened between he and her earlier.

Rieka did not allow herself to linger on that particular thought, but instead moved on to focus on the situation before them.

Feather Fall spell? Hm. It tells her little of what to expect, so she shall have to trust it will prove effective… and that it will save their lives, if it comes to that. Rieka ran a hand through her hair, just to sigh and let her eyes sweep the shack that has served to be their home the past two days. Her hand went to cradle the back of her neck, subtly kneading the sore muscles there.

“Pack your things tonight,” Rieka told him at great length. “We do not leave now, but in the morning. I want to leave at early light. It will be too dangerous if we were to leave out now, for more than likely, we will still be crossing it when the sun sets.”

How are they to cross a treacherous ravine? Carefully. Very… very carefully. Rieka went to pace about the small space, deep in thought. Is there anything they need here before they leave? Anything of importance? Anything at all?

No, she doubts it. Rieka sat down upon the bed, unwilling to admit just how much her body aches. As she scouted the road, a guard had recognized her… and thus, she had to discreetly take care of him. It was not easy. It is not as though he hurt her with that pathetic spear… however, the constant shifting between her two forms have tired her more than she likes to acknowledge.

“I will get started here in a moment,” she spoke up, just roll her shoulders, a hand rising to rub at it.

He shook his head. "I had mana...but my use of it was weak. Now something has made me a strong, yet poorly controlled spellcaster. I'd prefer to only use it when needed as it drains me physically."

He laughed...pack what? Well, there were some things stored here to take, like a pack, blanket, waterskin and some knives. He closed his eyes and let his magicsight look at her. There was so much pain she'd taken for sake of him.

So he stepped close and hugged her from behind, then began to rub her shoulders and neck. "There is no shame in letting your Beta groom you, is there?" He had been being trained to be several things. With his energy gathering, he'd be expected to have close relations with many women and had been trained in massage. Now he was glad for that as he felt the knots gradually dissolve. "Just how many times have you had to shift back and forth today? I know that can be hard on you, and while you are up for the challenge, it does exhaust and take."

He pointed to the bed for her to lie down. "It's not very easy doing this when you are standing, please lie down." He knew he'd have to broach a tough subject, and it would be better if she was more relaxed. By morning he'd need to release again. He doubted she'd want to suck him, but maybe she would. Perhaps she would let him between her massive breasts. Those breasts that always pulled at her back. His mind returned to the present and massaging her.

Of course Rieka did not expect the offer of him grooming her, or the massage of her neck and shoulders. Did he notice her hurting-? Maybe she let her guard down, unintentionally making it obvious… how pathetic.

“No, I… I suppose not,” Rieka begrudgingly confessed, though it does not sit well with her. A shiver did go down her spine, however, just as a groan of appreciation bubbled up the werewolf’s throat unbidden, without her permission.

It is… such a relief to have her pain… melt away. “I had to… shift many times, in order to divert the guard,” Rieka spoke on a breathless sigh. “I had to… otherwise, he may try to follow me here. I ran in circles. It was very aggravating, but then again… he was very persistent.” Lay down? Why-? Oh. Well. Rieka is somewhat… reluctant to give in to his request, however… she found it difficult to refuse, being that… the massage was feeling very good. A hand going through her hair, Rieka went to lay down, dark brown hair spilling over the blanket and the pillow both.

“Why are you doing this? I would have been fine otherwise.” It is not as though she is bleeding out on the floor like yesterday, or anything along those lines. Rieka closed her eyes, halfway tempted to fall asleep right then and there. It has been a long day, it seems. Every part of her body hurts. It is not just the muscles, either, but the marrow of her bones… or so it feels like. It takes a great deal out of her to shift back and forth so many times. A yawn managed to escape her before she could try to swallow it down.

Colin's hands continued with firm strokes, deeply kneading into not only muscles but tendon sheathes and ligaments. "I wish I could have seen it. I bet you were awesome. You are such an incredible warrior..
"Why am I doing this? Well, after the person who cares for me most has given her utmost and returns triumphant, I can not help but want to tend to her knees. Isn't that what the pack does for the Alpha, or did I misunderstand your teaching. I remember you chiding me once when I didn't want a cut treated. You told me, 'Colin, there are times to bear up under difficulty, and times when you are just taking pride in wasted suffering when you could be well and more productive.' So I think that if you are suffering after putting in so much...then it only makes sense for me to do anything I can to ease that pain so tomorrow your mind will be clearer and you will have the extra strength to help me when I can't keep up.
So why don't you take an hour and get a wolfnap. I'll do the packing and then you can correct me afterwards...after all, I have to learn, right?"

Last edited:
((I thought his name was Colin?))

"...I have." Rieka could not help but chuckle softly under her breath, or let herself relax under his strong hands. How else can she reply? It is the truth. There is no rebuttal she can offer. "I do appreciate the thought, but I do not need the nap... nor can I let you do it all yourself. It would not be fair."

Rieka sat up, brushing aside the impulse to curl up in the soft blankets and sleep. It is tempting after a massage, but she has better things to do than waste the daylight hours sleeping, even if it is only for a little while. "Are you hungry? I shall go see how my boar is doing," she said as she stretched her arms high above her head, back arching and her breasts shaking somewhat. "If it is ready, I can go ahead and make it into strips for our journey tomorrow." Rieka rolled her shoulders, pleased to find she no longer hurts like she did before.

The young man shrugged as she opted to work. "Well, there isn't that much to do with the packing..."

As she moved and stretched, the sight of her bare full breasts moving sends a hot thrill down his back and right to his groin. He has to close his eyes and look away for a moment. Granted, he could tell her doing that wasn't very nice as it teased him...but then she'd probably put on clothes which would be worse from his perspective.

"Tell you what, I'll pack how I think we need things. Then you go over it to adjust it and tell me why, so I'll learn better the next time. You were always a good teacher and I still appreciate your experience. As soon as I finish with the prepacking, I want to come out and have to explain the important points of dry smoking meat."
He bit his lip as he thought. "There may be some late fruits on the trees. Should I look around and see if I can shake some down to dry and mash into the meat for vitamins and flavor?"

Rieka looked to him, somewhat surprised at how enthusiastic he is to learn. None of this can be read between the pages of a book. It can only be learned through experience.

“Yes. Let us do that. It is a very good idea,” she told him, even going so far as to reach out and ruffle his hair. A chuckle left her a heartbeat later. “I will go look, too, to see if there is any fruit worth the effort. You go ahead and start packing; I am sure you will do fine without my assistance or supervision.” Rieka flashed him a playful smile, which is a rare sight indeed, though it did not take long for it to melt into yet another chuckle.

It was nice to step out and bask in the late afternoon, in the dying heat and light. Rieka breathed in the crisp air deep into her lungs, nearly tasting the autumn that which still lingers, the winter hungry and ready to invade. A glance about revealed there are a few fruits hanging heavy in the branches… just not very much. It looks as though apples and oranges are going to be dried and mashed into the boar meat for flavor.

Half an hour later, Rieka returned with several apples and oranges. “How is the packing going?” she asked of him, taking a look over his shoulder… unaware that her breasts are pressing into his back.

Colin started. It really was creepy how silently she could move. He had not heard the door at all. But he relaxed, feeling her behind him. He reached back to hug her waist. "About done...I'm just trying to figure out how much you can carry without slowing us. I have packed about 60 lbs in mine...I'd like to carry more, but I'm being realistic. Prioritizing took some thought. We don't need a flint and steel. He looked back. "Wow oranges? That's unusual this far north, but I can pulp them and use the juice well...even the skin can be minced tiny to add vitamins. If you don't mind, can I add the fruits? You always want the savory more extreme flavors. I'm just looking for pleasant flavor."

He turned around to hug her tightly and just held her for a long time. "Sorry. I will try to be tough. I'm trying not to break down. I....I've lost dad and my home...now we have to leave the backup location. Rieka...I'm sorry...just hold me a little. It's finally hitting me....he's really gone. His smile, his quips. No more growling at me that I don't work enough on my magic...and no more telling me how proud he is. I guess...this part will take a long time. I'm so thankful that I have you.
Rieka...when you...you kind of threatened to leave me. The bottom fell out of my universe. Please...I know you get mad and impatient. But I'm yours and nobody else's....right? I'm sorry I have some special needs, but I still think I can really contribute."
He took another breath. "If you want both of us efficient in the morning, I'll need to release...and you to take it in you. That's just a fact."

“I was surprised myself,” Rieka replied on a soft laugh, though she did not expect an arm of his to wrap about her waist. It is more of an… intimate gesture than what their relationship calls for, at least to her. “I do not mind. I prefer savory flavors, but I like the pleasant flavors, too. You know that.” A hand rubbing over one of his shoulders, Rieka meant to step away, as to give him space to do what he needs to… however, it seems he has other plans. Drawn into an impromptu embrace, Rieka had her hands up for a heartbeat or two… but after hearing him go on about the reality of the situation hitting him at long last, both dropped to rub the young man’s back. “No… I understand, I truly do. I was… quite fond of your father.”

Rieka closed her eyes. It is not a lie… but it is a stretch of the truth. Yes, they have come to know each other over the years, however to say they were close is… difficult to say. He was a man of many secrets. A hand went over his hair. “Yes,” she spoke plainly, “you are mine. Your father may be gone, but you are still part of my family… still my…” Rieka’s words trailed off, only for every muscle in her body to tense. So soon? Already? Ah, yes… she should have anticipated this.

Did the atmosphere between he and her change? Rieka twisted away from him somewhat, though she did not dare break the embrace as of yet. “In… me?” she repeated. “Do you mean in my mouth again?” If it is quick, she can make it through this… awkward dilemma, put it behind her… but if he is implying anything else… What would she be, then? A… A body to use as he sees fit? It is difficult to say.

He appreciated the hug she gave him. There was stability. She held him so lovingly...so sensually.

The lad could only nod. Yes. In her. In whatever way she'd permit. He lay there and listened shuddering. "Well, yes. In your mouth is fine. But if you don't like that, making love....would be a huge step for both of us, but I'll admit I'd be thrilled. I guess I could take your ass if preferred...you'd still get the mana within you, and it would get me to fully release. Actually..." His voice got smaller. "You know I love your breasts. If you wanted to stroke me with them while suckling my tip...I'd cum very fast. We don't HAVE to right now. We could wait until we wake up and I'm ready...but then you'd have less time to absorb it."

He turned to face her, and his face wasn't happy. "Whatever you think is best Rieka...I'm still learning. Right now what I could use most is a tight hug."

Night was creeping over and he was hard, but not yet aching.

Again she looked to him... only, it was difficult to say what thoughts are running through her mind.

Does he? Love her breasts? All this is news to her. It is happening so suddenly, his... attraction and lust for her. Never has he mentioned it before, and to think he is doing so now, so soon after his father's death... Rieka continued to let a hand go over his hair, though her thoughts are not as loving as the gesture itself. "I will do it in the morning," she spoke up, deciding it right then and there. "I suppose I can... stroke you with my breasts and... everything else. I will satisfy you until we are out of danger." Sooner or later, he will come to realize she is not his ideal mate, that there are more appropriate women for him to go after.

"Go ahead and lay down, get some rest. I am going to keep watch tonight." Rieka gently pulled him into the tight hug he asked for, but it did not last longer than a minute or so.

"I will wake you at dawn."

He nodded at her plan and her instruction. She knew her limits and it was not his place to challenge them. "Rieka...thank you. I don't know if you realize, but if you don't take my semen inside you....when it's left outside, there is a powerful magical signature. Someone might be able to trace me via that if they think of it. When you absorb it, your body blocks the radiation of that power."

He drank some fresh water and went to bed, but his dreams were uneasy, with predators he could not see after him and his feet moving like in quicksand.
When he finally awoke and it was time to get up, he stripped and called softly out to her. "Rieka? I'm ready."

What has come of their relationship? Is it now in shambles thanks to his father's untimely demise? Rieka feels as though... she is desperately trying to hold on to what they had, but it is slipping between her fingers. Drawn to the moon hanging heavy and low in the sky, Rieka kept watch atop the roof, keeping her thoughts to herself. It was not until pink touched the sky that she heard him stir, heard him call out her name.

How can she refuse him? It is painful to endure for any great length of time, and it leaves behind a powerful magical signature. Rieka joined him inside, not altogether surprised to find him naked already. "Alright," she whispered quietly, kneeling down before him. It was easy to put his hard cock between her breasts, to start stroking it that way. Rieka bent her head to lick and suck at the tip.

She didn't look at all thrilled, and he flushed. But when she knelt to encase him in her cleavage, he sighed. "Thank you. I know you feel strange about this...and you could refuse me, but you care enough keep me from pain no matter what. I really do love you Rieka...as my caring mother, and...well, you already know I want more, but you are the Alpha and you decide."
Her massive breasts felt ever so wonderful as their softness massaged his member. When her mouth took him as well, he didn't have long before he began to gush his seed into her mouth.
Afterwards, he groaned happily, his body tingling. He knew the mana was quickly spreading throughout her. "So...thank you again, and I guess I'd better get dressed."
He put on some green and brown tunic and robes with dark leather boots. In the forest, it would serve to help make him hard to see.
Shouldering his pack, he hugged her tightly. "Just tell me what I need to do."

"No, there is no need to thank me. It is but my duty to look after you." Rieka is having difficulty brushing aside the warm... tingly sensation that has overwhelmed her body upon swallowing his seed, however in light of their... circumstances, it was easier to do, too. A thumb wiped at her lips where a bit of white managed to spill out, but she was quick to move on to more important matters.

He? Want more? Please. Rieka knows better than to believe that. Yes, it may be true he was raised from boy to man with the idea he needs to respect others... that werewolves are not to be looked down on, yet it will not change his concept of what is attractive and what is not. He will need to have a child with a human female to continue his lineage, after all.

"Yes. Do. Make sure you have everything, too."

Rieka thought of shifting into her human form, only to discard the idea. No, they will need her strength if they are to survive the ravine and the perils that await. Dark green eyes blinked with surprise as he swept her up into an unexpected embrace. "Ah... Yes. Well. Let us get going?" Rieka chose to say with a nonchalant shrug. "The sooner we leave, the better." Rieka led him outside, somewhat disappointed that she shall never see her little sanctuary again.

He watched as she leaned over to pick up her own pack and he whispered. "So freaking beautiful." He didn't know just how sensitive her wolven ears were and that she'd hear him. It was hard not to look back, but with her in the lead, he kept his eyes looking around and then back at her well curved ass.
He knew better than to talk...she was in hunt mode and what he needed to do was avoid branches and anything that would make noise.

She was so graceful as she slid along, not a sound at her passage. He occasionally closed his eyes and used his mage sight. One time when he did that, he saw something high and to the left with a nasty purple aura. "Rieka," He whispered. "Up that tree. Big and malevolent."

With her warned, he skirted the area, wondering what she'd do.

A presence, big and malevolent? Rieka did not reply, but she did look in that direction to see for herself.

Mm. Yes. I recognize a sentry when I see one. Many used to venture close to their home in the hopes of retrieving confidential information against his father, and so... she can tell the difference between an ordinary bird and one built by a magician's hands. Rieka bent to retrieve a decent-sized rock, small enough to fit in the palm of her hand... but hefty enough to throw and accomplish what she has in mind. Up ahead is a babbling brook, one where they can refill their canteens and rest for a moment.

"Go on. I will take care of our... unwelcome guest." Rieka tossed the rock up once, twice... as if it is a habit, nothing more, and when she heard it hop closer among the branches... it whipped through the air, smashing right into the mechanical creature's head. A harsh cry echoed in the forest as it fell to its death.

Rieka smirked, rather pleased with herself as she joined him by the creek. "Have you filled up your canteen?"

Colin nodded, pleased that he'd contributed in identifying the silent enemy who had almost no scent. He well trusted Rieka to handle it.

Colin managed to lift her canteen off its hook and when he knelt, he filled both, though hers hardly had any taken. But this very fresh water would be a treat during the dry part of the day. He flinched, but forced himself not to look as she dealt with it. She'd given him a task, and it was his part to perform it, however basic or simple. If he was diligent, she might entrust him with more.

So as he arose, with both canteens filled, he smiled and nodded. Forcing his eyes to remain on her, though his peripheral vision noted something dead behind her. "Not worth the time to get that meat I take it?" He knew she normally wasted nothing. So if she was leaving it, there was a lesson available to him here. "What was it?" He passed her her now brimming canteen.

“No,” Rieka replied, though there is somewhat of a wistful note to her words. “As much as I hate to say it, but it is not worth going after it.”

Does she know something about magic he does not? “It was a sentry,” Rieka went on to explain, taking this opportunity to sip at the cool, refreshing water. A hand came to rest upon her hip while she let her gaze sweep the clearing. “From what I understand… and I may be recalling this wrong, but… dark mages have fondness of reanimating the dead to do their biding. It is cruel. Even if the creature is killed, the soul will never find peace. Here in a minute, I plan on burying it.” Rieka can at least do that for the poor bird.

It will not be long. Yes, it is fairly large, but it is still a bird, a beast of the skies above. It is only fair to bury it in a spot where the sun is always shining. Rieka waited just a moment before going to do so, having set down her canteen on a fallen log nearby. On her knees… Rieka dug into the soft earth just a little ways away from a grand oak, and ten minutes later… the task was done. “Are you ready to go?” she asked of him, brushing herself off.

Back
Top Bottom