Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Lost in her thoughts, Akihime didn’t notice the door had opened, hadn’t heard the familiar voice call out to her, only when she felt something squeeze her in an embrace, did she come back to herself. “You’re alive..!” It was Amaya, she was crying, body shaking as she held Akihime close. “The guards found your belongings and so much blood! They- they said you were dead!”

She shook her head, sobbing still. “What happened to you, why are you here..? Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving..!?” She looked up from Akihime’s chest, and she actually looked healthier than before, like she was getting full, healthy meals and actual sleep.

Akihime frowned and gently took Amaya's hand, placing it over her chest where her heart would be. An empty coldness slowly crawled up Amaya's arm as Akihime kept her gaze away from her friend.

“Akihime... I-I don’t understand, why? What happened..!?” She seemed more upset that her friend no longer had a heartbeat, than repulsed by her.

"Please don't be upset with him...he wasn't in his right mind, he didn't mean to..." She muttered, defending her husband even now that he scorned her.

Tears fell from Amaya’s eyes and she shook her head. “Akihime..!” Her voice was still a whisper. “He killed you, how can you still defend him..! I-I should have told Sasuke..!”

“Do you even hear yourself..!?” Her voice was starting to raise in volume now. “‘It’s ok he killed me, he was hungry!’” She looked disappointed. “This goes beyond the loyalty of man and wife, Akihime, now you’re just flailing blindly..!” She scolded, just like when she used to when she was a child.

“I know you didn’t... But why... Why would you protect him even after this..?” She asked softly.

“He’s a monster!” She retorted. “He hasn't been your husband since the day he died, Akihime!”

"Am I a monster, too, then?" She asked, looking Amaya dead in the eyes, "Did I stop being me the night I died? Am I no longer your friend for that same reason?"

“That’s...” She frowned and looked away from her friend. “That’s different...” She muttered. “I could never see you as a monster..”

"I can never see my husband as a monster either...it isn't so different, Ama..." She said gently, "That doesn't matter...what matters is that you were swept into this hell and I will not allow you to be harmed. I'm getting you out of here, find Sasuke and stay with him."

Amaya frowned softly. “Akihime... A lot has changed since you’ve been gone... The factory closed down... I had little choice; return to your father, or come here, no one else would hire me..!” What was she saying? “I came here on my own free will.”

Her eyes widened, "But...no...no, I haven't been gone long...! A couple days at most!" Had time really gotten away from her? Everything felt like it was moving so slowly.

She gave a sad smile. “I know.. But I couldn’t afford both the home and the grave plots... I had to choose.”

She looked a little ashamed. “Akihime... I get actual food here, I’m safe, and I have a warm bed... I can go outside during the day, and I don’t have to sell my body to any man..!” She looked down at her hands. “I’m glad I came here...”

“Akihime, I am, we were given so much; a home, food, a job, and protection..!” She didn’t notice Akihime staring at her like a piece of meat. “I only have to give a bit of blood every now and again, and it doesn’t even hurt..!”

Akihime pulled her close in an instant, biting down on her tender neck and drinking gulp fulls of blood. She held her tight, keeping her from moving.

Akihime didn’t hear the fried pain from Amaya, didn’t hear her friends begging, asking her to stop. She didn’t feel her tugging on the back of Akihime’s clothes in an attempt to bring her back to reality.
Tears slipped down Amaya’s face as Akihime drank from her neck, her sharp teeth clamped deep into her neck. Her knees buckled and she sank to the floor with Akihime still latched on tight. “A-Akihime... Stop, it’s too much..!” Her breath was coming out labored now, cheeks flushed at the heat between her legs.

Back
Top Bottom