Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

"Of course. I'm always happy to help, Sanada-dono." He replied before serving up dinner for the humans and heading out with it all on a tray cart.

Yukimura had to tell Akihime the news, regardless of how she took it; at the very least, Amaya was alive, and his suspicions regarding the large number of humans coming to the castles was confirmed. Masamune could no longer take food, so he had it come to him.

Akihime was in their room, sitting anxiously as she waited for Yukimura to come back. She had long since stopped crying, numbing the pain of her husband's new disgust of her. Maybe she should find Amaya and leave. Then Yukimura would be happy. He wouldn't have to look at her anymore.

There was a soft knock at the door before Yukimura entered, moving over to Akihime with a look of anxiousness. “I’ve spoken to Katakura-dono, and he says Amaya-dono is here.” She could hear the tension in his voice. “She’s one of the cattle that came here, she’s alive.”

“A-Akihime..!” He hurried out after her. “Where are you going..?!” He stopped her, grabbing her wrist gently.

She looked back at him, misty eyed and scowling, "I have to get her out of here. I will not have anyone take her blood! She doesn't deserve a life like this!"

Yukimura frowned. “I don’t know why she’s here, but I know none of the humans that came here were forced by Masamune-dono to stay... Please let me ask him for an audience, perhaps he can straighten this out.”

He gave a nod, then slowly let go of her wrist, muttering a soft apology. “I’m sure you’d like to speak with Masamune-dono personally on the matter..?”

“You aren’t a monster!” Yukimura nearly blurted out, then got quiet again. “You aren’t a monster..” He repeated softly.

“Please, Akihime... I’m sorry for what I did, for what I’ve done to you... But the resulting affects aren’t your fault at all... You aren’t a monster.” He said softly.

"Then why won't you touch me anymore?!" She blurted out, looking up at him with pained eyes, "You can barely stand to be in the same room! You won't even look at me most days!"

Yukimura seemed to shrink back at her words, looking away as shame crossed his face. “I killed you..” He said quietly. “I slaughtered you...” She could see tears in his eyes. “And nearly violated your corpse..” He looked completely and utterly broken, keeping his gaze on the ground. “I’m a monster.”

"You weren't in your right mind..." She said gently, "I told you before...if I had to die so you could live, I'd give my life a thousand times...!"

“But I don’t want that!” He snapped, tears dripping from his eyes. “I don’t want to ever hurt you..! Never again..!”

Yukimura was torn, he was so scared of hurting Akihime again, but didn’t want to upset her either. “I-I’ll go call an audience with Masamune-dono..” He said softly, then left down the hallway.

Whenever Akihime got near the stairwell leading up, she would always catch the faint scent of Amaya, fresh still, and from her own person rather than her blood- was she still alive?

She bit her lip and headed up the stairs, following Amaya's scent carefully. She had no idea where Kojurou was, but she didn't focus on whether or not she would be caught. She only wanted to find Amaya.

The next floor up was unlike the one below, it was brightly lit, yet as deathly quiet as the rest of the castle. She could smell humans over every inch of the floor, but more importantly, she could smell Amaya not too far off. There were dozens of doors, each one with the scent of a different human behind it, just how many humans had Masamune taken?

She moved toward the door where Amaya's scent was the strongest, desperate to see her friend alive and well. But then she stopped. What would Amaya think of her now? She was a monster, too. A being that fed off human blood to live. Surely Amaya would be disgusted.

Back
Top Bottom