A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Tears dripped from Motochika's eyes as he pinned her hands above her head. Kojurou had had enough however. He moved over quickly and threw Motochika off Nana, snarling lowly.
"Ah, it appears we've upset him." Masamune muttered.

Nana coughed and hacked, rolling onto her side and crying harder now that she had more air that reached her lungs. “D-Don’t hurt him...! Please..!” She begged Kojurou.
Megohime scowled and sat back in her chair. “Fucking dog.”

"Kojurou," Masamune swirled his goblet of blood slowly, "Take the fish outside and kill her. Mulch her if you have to."
"Nana..." Motochika was coming down from his haze, "Gomen, Nana...! Gomen...!"

Nana couldn’t stop the sob that she choked out, trying to crawl to Motochika. “Please just let us go..!”
“Hurry up with it dog, her crying is testing my nerves.” Megohime ordered.

Nana wept as she stumbled along, trying to break away from Kojurou. “Please..!” She begged. “Please don’t...!”

He kept quiet as he took her outside, dragging her into the grass and dropping her, "Go...please..." He said, eyes sad, "I will do what I can to get Chosokabe out but you need to go."

When he dropped her, she put her arms up to protect herself, but was only met by his confusing words. “I... I won’t leave without him..!” She protested.

"You must...there..." He stopped, "There's an abandoned cabin, just down the hill not far from here...it has the most beautiful garden you've ever seen just out front. Stay there and wait for my word...I will bring your lover back to you...I swear it. To atone for all the wrongs I have caused you both."

She hesitated before struggling to her feet, head spinning from Motochika pounding on her head. “Please... Please bring him back..” And with that, she hurried off to the cabin he had pointed out.

Kojurou had spent days working out Megohime's routine to find an opening to free Motochika. She didn't really bother him all that much, she usually spent her time with Masamune. So he waited for her to go to bed in Masamune's room before making his way to Motochika. It wasn't hard getting the human to come with him, the weakenes man figuring it was finally his turn to die. But when he was pulled outside, Kojurou cupped the side of his mouth, "Nana-dono...! I have him...!" He called, not loud enough to wake Masamune. Nana wasn't very far from where they stood anyway.

Their surroundings were silent, but only for a brief moment before the bushes rustled and a figure emerged- Nana. When she saw Motochika, tears came to her eyes, and she hurried over to the two men. Even though Nana was much smaller than Motochika, she nearly knocked him over as she embraced him in a tight hug. “Motochika..!”

He held her firmly, arms shaking from the effort, weeping weakly into her hair. "Nana...oh,thank God,I thought I had lost you...! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...!"

She shook her head, crying softly as well. “I’m ok, I’m ok! I’m just so relieved you’re safe..!”

"Please..." Motochika looked when Kojurou spoke up, "I will not ask you both to forgive me but take this money and go as far away as you can." He held out a rather large coin purse to them, "I want to atone for my wrongs.." Motochika nodded and took the coin purse gladly.
"Arigatou. May you find redemption in your own way."

Nana couldn’t bring herself to look up at the human, he was the one who destroyed their lives, and now he was sorry? She couldn’t forgive him, she couldn’t forgive humans.

Nana squeezed his hand slightly, nodding and following him off down the hill and away from the castle that was their prison.

Kojurou exhaled gently and headed back inside, thinking of a way to explain Motochika's sudden disappearance. Perhaps he came in and found him dead on the floor? Megohime would buy that surely. His health had been failing recently.

Back
Top Bottom