A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Megohime gnashed her teeth and kicked Motochika hard in the head, staggering back and holding her wound. “Call some thralls to take him back to his room... I need to change..”

Masamune made a noise, not even really needing to call any; they all stood around waiting in different hiding spots of the halls for orders. As soon as they heard Megohime needed something done, they scurried to Motochika and carried him off.

Megohime fell to her knees again, coughing up blood and holding her stomach. “Fuck..” She wheezed out. “Fucker got me really good..”

Megohime hung onto Masamune tightly, limping along with him. “You’re too nice to them..” Megohime muttered softly.

He scowled heavily and dropped her, "Find your own way to the cattle then if you're going to insult me." He hissed and walked away from her.

Megohime hit the floor and watched Masamune walk off, feeling her heart break and tears fill her eyes. She hadn’t meant it as an insult, it had just come out. She sat on the ground, crying silently in the dark of the hallway.

"Megohime-dono!" One of the thralls moved over quickly, helping her stand and guiding her down the hall to reach the cattle, "Daijoubu...?"

Megohime nodded and wiped her tears away. “I’m fine.” She said softly.
After drinking enough to heal her wound, Megohime bathed herself and changed her clothes, searching the halls quietly for Masamune.

The door cracked open and Megohime peeked in, seeing Masamune and dropping her gaze. “Masamune-sama... May I come in..?”

Megohime entered and moved over to the bed, but she didn’t get onto the bed, instead kneeling beside it. “Please forgive my harsh words earlier, I was a fool for saying them..!”

Megohime crawled up onto the bed and over to him, laying her head in his lap. “It didn’t come out like I wanted it to..” She said softly. “You’re soft, but you aren’t weak... And I love that so much about you... Even after all of this time, you still have a heart..” She lifted her head and reached out to cup his cheek. “I love you..”

She smiled softly, moving closer to kiss his cheek gently. “I’ll always forgive you, Masamune, that’s my duty as your wife.”

“Forgive me, I suppose it wasn’t the best time to joke when I was so injured.” She said softly, laying her head against his chest.

Back
Top Bottom