Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

He brought his glowing eyes up slowly to meet hers, he didn't even realize he was crying.
"Kojurou desu..." He croaked out, like a beaten dog.

“Jin.” She said with a smile, continuing to simply sit with him and wipe away his tears. Surely this woman was a child of Tsuki-Yomi, a blessing sent to Kojurou after the many years of torment he had suffered; she was inhumanly kind.

He felt like it would be rude to ask her if she was from the moon kingdom, so he didn't bother; instead he turned his gaze to the weeds, "Why are you doing this work by yourself...?"

She looked to the pulled weeds in the basket beside her. “I live alone, so I’m the only one who tends to these gardens.” She answered simply.

"But you're..." He stopped, he couldn't just go butting into a human's life like that. Just from her scent alone he could tell she was sick.

It wasn’t only her scent that told Kojurou she was ill, she was almost painfully frail, slight dark circles under her eyes. “Yes.. I understand how it’s strange for a woman to live on her own so far from any village... But I’m happy here.” She said softly.

She nodded and offered a warm smile. “I wouldn’t want to trouble you, but if you’re sure there are a few weeds that I’ve been struggling to get out.”

She too continued to pull at the weeds, the two working in silence, and soon they had finished weeding the garden in no time.
“Are you hungry or thirsty? I have some dried persimmons and I can make tea.” She offered.

"Tea sounds wonderful.." He replied gratefully and glanced at the position of the sun. He had time before he needed to get back.

She nodded and stood, inviting him inside the small home and offering him a seat. She prepared a dish of persimmons for him and boiled water for the tea, the house though small was full of herbs and other potted plants, it was cozy and warm inside. Setting his persimmons before him, she poured two cups of tea, serving him before serving herself.

He had never had persimmons before. He picked one up carefully and sniffed it but couldn't really pin what it smelled simular to. He bit into it carefully and was surprised by its honey-like sweetness.

“Are they alright? I can offer you something else if they aren’t to your liking.” Jin said as she blew on her tea to cool it off.

She smiled behind her tea cup and gave a small nod, taking a sip of tea before setting the cup down. “I have more if you would like.” She offered, happy to share food with someone for a change.

She retrieved more persimmons for him setting them out on the plate for him before returning to her tea, enjoying his pure energy.

She didn’t mind feeding him, she was actually have fun watching him enjoy the food so. She finished her tea long before he finished eating, cleaning up the small mess she had made preparing food for Kojurou. “Is there anything else I can get you? You seem like you haven’t eaten in ages, I’d be happy to make more.”

He looked up and humbled himself immediately. His fast metabolism left him starving even after he returned from hunting in the forests.
"No, I'm alright, thank you for sharing your food with me." He said, "But I need to leave soon, I've lost track of time.."

“Of course,” She nodded. “I’m glad I had the chance to share with you.” She said. “I would be more than glad to share with you again.”

“Of course, you’re welcome here anytime.” She set aside the dishes. “I’ll prepare more food for next time, I didn’t think you’d have such an appetite.” She hid her laugh behind her sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom