Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Megohime slid the door open and quietly moved out of the room and up the narrow stairway that lead into what she assumed was a cellar. It was dark, but her eyes had adjusted enough to allow her to navigate her way down the halls, looking for any way out, be it door or window.

She found a door alright, but it wasn't a door she was hoping for. Inside the room was Masamune; sound asleep and surrounded by a handful of beautiful women. They all laid as still as a grave, she almost thought they had perished overnight.

Megohime’s heart started to race, and she stood in the doorway for a moment before slowly backing out of the room, closing the door as quietly as she could. As soon as the door was closed, she hurried off down the hall, still searching for a door that led outside.

Megohime stopped dead in her tracks, staring at Kojurou with wide eyes. “I’m being disrespectful..?” She scowled, brows furrowed. “You took me from my home!”

"Masamune-sama has never really been the dating type." He admitted, "So I apologise. However, you can't leave. You've tasted his blood. He owns you."

“Owns me..?!” She seemed to get more angry, trembling as she clenched her fists. “He doesn’t own shit..!” What the hell was this? Was this man just as crazy as this Masamune, who had forced her to consume his blood? What did he think he was, some sort of vampire..? No, that was rediculous, vampires didn’t exsist.

That was it, this man was a lunatic, just like the other. Spinning on her heel, she broke into a sprint back down the hallway she had come down, panicked to find another means of escape.

Finally, she had finally found a window, though rather small, she was able to squeeze through it, stumbling out onto the moist dirt outside the estate before getting back to her feet and breaking out into a run once more. Her clothes were covered in mud, feet caked and eyes wild, but she only continued to run, breathing heavily as she tore through the field and toward the forest to escape the nightmare estate she had been stolen away to.

She was suddenly grabbed and pulled over a solid object, which she realized was Kojurou. How did he catch her so quickly?
"Please cease being so disrespectful." He said firmly as he carried her back to the castle.

Megohime started to scream for help, kicking and thrashing but not getting anywhere. She would soon tire out, hanging limp over his shoulder and breathing heavily, cursing at Kojurou the whole way back to the estate.

He was as silent as stone as he brought her back, taking her to her room and setting her on her bed, "Please do not try to leave again. It would upset Masamune-sama." He told her, his tone almost pleading.

She smacked him hard across the face, tears of anger and fear rolling down her cheeks. “You’re terrible.” She hissed out, grabbing her bedding and retreating to the far corner, glaring at him from the safety of the bed.
Hours would pass and the food and water Kojurou brought for Megohime would all end up spilled on the floor, completely uneaten, Megohime still in her far corner, glaring at Kojurou the entire time he came in to clean up the food she had made a mess of.

He didn't bother speaking further to her, merely made sure her room was clean and she had what she needed whether she would accept it or not. He never had the other women struggle as much as Megohime did.

It almost seemed like the blood Masamune fed to Megohime wasn’t taking affect at all, but he had seen her swallow it, it had clearly taken affect, so why wasn’t she being compliant? Asking for Masamune? Being calm and mellow?

He sighed, some were more resilient, he supposed, and left Megohime alone locked in her room as he went out to bring back humans to feed Masamune when he awoke.

As Kojurou trekked through the mountains, he caught scent of a human nearby, only one and a woman, an easy catch. What a woman was doing out in the mountains all alone was beyond him though.
The woman must’ve been a foreigner, long hair shining gold like the moon, skin pale. She was knelt down by the side of the small house, pulling weeds from the garden, back to Kojurou, and she didnt seem to notice him at all.

He stopped and for a moment believed she was from the moon because of her golden hair. He pushed the thought down and moved toward her, at least she would be worth a meal to Masamune.

He was two steps away from her when the woman perked suddenly, turning to look over her shoulder and gasping in surprise when seeing Kojurou. She hadn’t even heard him come up behind her; she didn’t exactly have fear in her eyes, but he could hear her heart pounding in her chest.

Her eyes were like two small moons, almost glowing like the very essence of the moon was trapped inside them, but her scent was purely human.
“Beautiful...” He heard her whisper, hearing her heart beat slow down gradually. “Your eyes... they’re so beautifully sad..” She spoke gently, not a hint of malice or fear in her tone as she gazed upon Kojurou, wasn’t she scared of him? Scared of his eyes, his fangs?

His eyes widened slowly and he felt his heart ache at her words. How could she tell just from a simple glance the constant turmoil he faced daily. He moved closer and dropped beside her to his knees, his head hanging in shame.
"You are not fearful of me...?" He asked softly.

She shifted slightly so she was facing him fully now. “You did startle me, but you do not scare me..” She said gently, and her voice alone was like a mother’s warm embrace. He felt her hands on his cheeks, gently picking his head up before carefully wiping his tears away, offering him a gentle smile.

Back
Top Bottom