Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventure, Gold and Trouble (Ezralora and GuardianAngel)

Vernadod began to walk around the dragon before resting a hand on his chin as he lightly touched the scales of the beast before eyeing his finger. "He is truly impressive... i wonder." He pondered and clapped his hands together, "Nope never mind it is a pleasure to meet you and i look forward to finding out a little more of your kind for the future." He moved back around to Calaena before leaning in to whisper into her ear. "I don't think he likes me much, hehe." He looked over at Fey before calling over, "Hey are you going to join us over here?"
"I'm okay." She responded, and brought her knees up to her chin, before the snake puffed in an arcane mist and began to fly up as it took the form of a small robin and fluttered away over the field and passed them. "It is... erm... good to meet you." She spoke, keeping her face covered with the hood of her coat and part of her scarf. "Your sister is... hmm... pleasant." fiddled with one of the bandages wrapped around her wrist, tugging at the fabric as she spoke. 'Gods why have you put me into this situation..' She thought to herself, closing her eyes as she spoke to Xthaniel.

"He doesn't really like anybody knew at all, it took forever for him to warm up to even me." Calaena spoke with a faint chuckle before she was taking a step back so that Ebon could turn to walk off, more than likely heading towards the town to see if he couldn't get the red dragon to leave that place. Or at least explain why he, well maybe she, was even there in the first place.
Xthaniel gave a faint chuckle before he questioned, "My dear sister hasn't caused to much trouble has she? Even the maids at home have difficulties keeping up with her. But I also suspected she would one day leave home, to explore the world before she got tied down as Lady of the household." With that he was brushing some of his shaggy hair out of his face.

Fey remained as still as she could before shaking her head, "No... not at all... she fought off the lizardmen well and hid in the forest when it became too much. I do not see if that was a problem." She scooped up a handful of still wet mud and slapped it into her lap, before moulding it carefully with her hands, the green skin and black nails probably as visible as ever as they worked delicately with the substance. "What do you intend to do after this, i assume duties.. will need... to be ehm upheld." She said, as the clay like mud began to take shape as she smeared the surface and altered the substance.

The red dragon was still at the town and rolled it's strong shoulders partially. As its wings flexed, standing on what looked like the remains of the burnt adventurers hall. Casting its gaze over the ruined village, some of the fires still going around as it did so.

Vernadod shrugged. "Well looks like i will have to wait forever." He told her with a little chuckle before he began to sit down in the field and picked gently at the grass, mainly plucking flowers up as he begins to loop them with each others, forming a chain of colour and petals.

Xthaniel was giving a shake of his head before he spoke, "I'm not sure what I intend to do. I suppose follow my sister around, and join in on the adventure for a bit." Give them both a little bit of freedom before they had to return to their home, and return to those duties. With that he was looking towards her before he spoke, "You seem afraid of something, do you mind my asking?" He was quite intuitive to the emotions of those around him, but if she didn't want to say any more he wasn't going to dig. But it was more of an offer for her to talk and get whatever was on her mind off of her mind.

Ebon made his way towards the town and was just studying the red dragon that was there. A small thing, well compared to the full-grown red dragons, and rather young. "What brings you way out here, young one?" he spoke in the dragonic tongue, knowing that the other dragon would understand it. After all it was their native language, in a sense.

Calaena gave a small giggle before she spoke, "I don't think you'll have to wait that long. Perhaps.... you want to join me for a flight?" It was almost customary for her to take a flight with Ebon whenever she saw him. Had been since she was little, and her brother had taken her for her first flight.

Fey stopped as her hands hovered over the clay for a moment, her fingers twitching in the air before she continued her task. "No... it... would be wise if i didn't discuss it." She whispered, before lifting it up to her face, and adjusting a few small bits and had made what looked like paw made entirely of clay. She slipped it into her pocket before standing, the mud on her lap needing brushing off but it smeared into her already filthy clothing. "I... suppose it won't hurt to increase a party size." She muttered, and for the first time took a proper look at the elf male, from his armour to his hair to his eyes.

The red dragon kept its rather proud posture as it stayed sitting, the scales glistening in the sun like rubies. 'What does it matter to the likes of you?' He retorted as streams of smoke began to leave the end of his nose, barely turning his head to look at the black dragon. 'Begone if you know what is good for you.'

Vernadod, perked his head up and then stood up, the string of flowers tied together before he went to place it on her head like a crown. "Much better, like a crown for the archer." He tilted his head to the other side, "Fly with you? On a dragon, it is a tempting offer... but if i am to fly i prefer it be on something i know i can trust. Such as myself." He explained, and gave a sorrowful look. "Maybe in the future i will accept such an offer though."

Ebon just watched before he seemed to roll his eyes before he spoke, "As if you scare me, little. Your actions have caused quite a bit of trouble. It had been agreed long ago between the elder dragons and the people of this land, that we would leave them alone. Unless they have done something to us. So... what did the people of this town do to you?"

Calaena was looking towards him although it wasn't long before he seemed to be standing up and was placing a string of flowers on her head, which had her reaching up to touch it lightly. "Thanks." she spoke with a smile before she was getting to her feet. With that she was studying him before she spoke, "To learn to trust, you need to step outside of your box just a little. Don't think of it as trusting Ebon then, trust me." She was taking a step backwards for a brief moment in time and holding a hand to her hair as a breeze swept through.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Xthaniel questioned after a moment in time, just tilting his head a bit. Of course that was the only thing that could come to mind, but he would wave it aside. Glancing over to check on Ebon showed that the dragon had wandered off and that his sister was talking with the strange pink haired male. Man he wished that he could be as trusting as his sister, but at the same time he was grateful that he wasn't. Far to many times had he seen her get hurt because she was so trusting and kind.

The red dragon snarled at Ebon before puffing out some smoke. 'They were in the path that was laid out for me.' He uttered and flexed his wings a little before rising off the warm ruined rubble of the house. 'The elder dragons do not sway the decision that was made.' He crushed a bit of wood under his clawed front leg before staring up at the sun, as the spines on his back twitch as a small hiss left the young dragons mouth.

"Last i checked though." he folded his arm and rested his other hand under his chin, "You don't fly, and i trust you no little or less. I have ventured out of the forest, and intend to go further. "So one step at a time." He chuckled and felt the breeze flow through his pink hair, before moving both hands to either side of his head and neatly brushed it back behind his horns. "Yet you, do seem to trust me somewhat which is appreciated... so in turn i shall return the favour. Don't lose that crown though..." he leaned forward a bit, "It'll attract pixies."

Fey glared at Xthaniel as he spoke and she marched towards him, looking as though she were about to say something but stopped as she moved to his side and stormed off. Hugging her arms over herself. 'Almost let the cat out of the bag..' She thought to herself as she sat beneath a different tree to watch Calaena and Vernadod as they spoke.

"I am always trusting people. It is... my fatal flaw I suppose. I still haven't learned to not trust as easily. In the end, it always results in me getting hurt some how." Calaena spoke before she was shaking her head a bit before she was putting her hand back to the crown at the mention of not losing the crown and how it would attract pixies. "Wait it will attract pixies if I lose it?" she questioned, tilting her head a bit as she watched him.

Xthaniel just gave a small blink before he was giving a shrug before wandering back over to the other two, see what they were talking about, About all he heard when he had walked over was something about pixies, although he had no idea anything more than that.

Ebon just gave a shake of his head before he spoke, "A path that was laid out.... sounds like you have gotten yourself into something far worse than you know, child." With that he was turning away and heading back towards his companions. He did pause for a moment before he spoke, "Karma will come around and harm you for your actions. Know this."

Vernadod shook his head, laughing. "No no, don't lose. Whilst you wear it, it will attract pixies." He said to her with a brief smile as his eyes turned into a more cat like appearance, a green shade with slit pupils. "Of course, you can discard it if you wish, but then my feelings would be hurt." He exclaimed as he placed his hands over his heart, and swayed lightly from side to side, glancing over at Xthaniel. "Hail dragon rider!"

The red dragon chuckled at Ebon, as he turned and began to walk. "Karma is the least of my worries, black winged one. This will not be the first town i appear in, nor the last." He continued to speak in draconic, as he ordered the lizardmen to head away from him in search of other lands around the area. No matter now far.

"I will not lose it, at least not intentionally." Calaena spoke in a soft voice before she was giving a small smile before looking over at her brother as he came over to them and was giving him a hug. There was a small pout on her lips when he commented that she was in so much trouble for sneaking out of the mansion. Although he let it drop when she pointed out that he was guilty of the same thing.

Vernadod chuckled a little before he fell backwards onto the grass, landing with a small thud before staring up at the sky. "You two seem like a very happy family." he commented and lowered his hand onto the ground as he chewed the inside of his cheek. "Some people would get jealous of it." he commented as his hand fell over his chest, seemingly looking happy and at peace.

Fey slowly approached as she held a map in a her hand, that was slowly being folded up. "I.. i have a direction in mind on where to head next, but it is no small distance." She addressed them, as her hand slipped between the folds of her coat and returned the map to her pocket.

Xthaniel just looked towards him for a moment in time before he spoke, "We are sometimes a happy family.... when my darling sister isn't being reckless and sneaking out. And pretending to be an adventurer none the less." With that he was mumbling to her that it wasn't going to turn out well if people found out that she was a noble, which had her giving a small shrug after that point in time. Soon enough Fey was walking over and was commenting that she had a direction in mind where they could head next. This had the twins raising their eyebrow before Xthaniel spoke, "We can take Ebon. He would be able to carry all three of us, all four of us should Vernadod decide to join."

"From the looks of it, she isn't pretending..." Vernadod said as he tapped his chest a little, "Don't you adventurers get a badge or something that identifies you as one, yes?" he questioned and looked over at Xthaniel. "Oh i will be joining, just not on your dragon just yet." He added, before flapping his sleeves a little. "I don't fancy being carried away by the wind just yet, hehe."

Fey brought her hand to her hood and tugged it down a little, "Okay yes, taking your dragon would be a lot better than walking." She turned the map over in her hands, and tapped an icon on it called Torvilled. "It's one of the bigger Adventurer Lodges so to say, a hub we could potentially find some work in the nearby city whilst using this as a base." She added, pointing to the city of Zacarma. Which was one of the largest cities in the land.

"Umm...." Calaena spoke after a moment in time before giving a faint chuckle and shrugging her shoulders a bit. She had no idea actually. She hadn't gotten anything at all, yet she could see about getting one at this place that Fey was mentioning. That sounded a plan to her at that point in time, it definitely beat just staying around here with no idea of what they were going to do next. "Guess it is settled. We are traveling to Torvilled."

Fey nodded, glad that they ha decided on a place to travel next. She had spent a long time in her studies, pouring over maps of ancient empires, cities that rose and fell and expanded, and had a good idea of the world. Even outside of the Empire. "I suppose afterwards, if your..." She gestured to Calaena's brother. "Needs to return we could visit the Emperor's city... or anywhere else we'd like to go. A-as adventuring re-requires exploring." She sounded uncertain on what she was saying and just gave a small nod, her mucky green hair falling past her shoulders as she pulled it out of her coat.

"I think I'm going to avoid the Emperor's city for a while...." Xthaniel spoke after a moment in time before he was giving a small shake of his head before looking towards Ebon, who was laying the ground to make it a bit easier for the others to get onto his back. "Fey, you'll sit in front of me." Xthaniel spoke after a moment in time. This way he didn't have to worry about her falling off, and he knew that his sister would be fine.

Fey let out a very long sigh as he said he was avoiding that city for a while, "At least that is one upside." She muttered under her breath before she glanced at the big black dragon, and went to climb up after a brief hesitation, in a less than graceful way as she moved onto it to where she had been told to sit. There was clearly nerves about her, being so close to this dragon. "If i fall.. i won't be happy." She said to him, as she slumped onto the dragon carefully. Reaching out with one hand she moved it over the scales of the creature, amazed by it the beauty of it, before a lurch in her chest as it was replaced by fear.

"You don't need to worry about falling." Xthaniel spoke before he was making sure that she was fully settled in the harness that was there, and he was moving up to sit behind her, climbing up far more gracefully. With that he was looking down at his sister and questioned, "You coming up here?" "No I was going to stand on his foot." his twin commented. Well it that is what she really wanted to do. It wasn't unusual for her at all, and Ebon never seemed to care at all. So far she hadn't fallen, and with there being a new rider there, he wasn't going to be to insane of a flyer.

Fey was about to protest but the male elf certainly seemed like he was confident that he knew what he was doing. Grumbling to herself she made sure she was settled before gripping whatever she could for a bit of extra support as she closed her green hand on the leather of the saddle. "Let's just get this over with.." She said under her breath as she closed her eyes not looking forward to this in the slightest.

Vernadod grinned before he took a step and turned into a large pink and green feathered bird, about the size small horse. He flexed his feathered wings and snapped his beak. The transformation seemed smooth and clean as he did so, after all he was a druid. "Lead on and i will follow." He said, as his beak opened partially for his voice to come out, though they could probably sense he was grinning like a mad man in his voice.

"Keep your eyes closed if you so wish." Xthaniel spoke before he was speaking to Ebon quietly before the dragon was lifting into the air. Calaena was standing on his foot, although she also had a rope tied around her waist that was tied around his leg, just in case as well. "I've missed this." Calaena giggled before she was shifting a bit so that she could look at the world around her as they flew. The dragon did fly slow enough so that Vernadod could keep up, although was making sure that Fey was feeling comfortable.

Fey quickly, and without hesitation snapped her eyes closed so she wouldn't have to look around at the world as they flew. She was gripping onto the saddle as tight as she could before shuddering at the thought of falling. "Just let me know when we land!" She yelled over the wind, not caring if the wind was actually loud or not, it was all just uncomfortable and she was out of her element. Her hair probably did't move that well, due to most of it being in clumps due to the hardened mud in it.

Xthaniel gave a faint chuckle although he didn't say anything at all, just held onto her at that point in time, just focusing on where they were going at that point in time. He was a little concerned for his sister but he figured that if she fell, Ebon would let him know about it. This trip was going to go by a lot faster at that point in time than just walking, or by horseback.

Fey pulled out the map slowly the wind began to bite at it as she pinned the thing down to scan over the map. As they continued to fly over many scenes below the country side was change to large forests, to planes of grass to rocky terrain. Xthaniel was right that travelling by dragon would be far quicker, and after a while they would be able to see the golden domed ceiling of Torvilled, the light of the sun dancing off the top.

Calaena was giving a slight gasp when she saw the domed ceiling in the distance, man the place was so beautiful. This had speaking to Ebon in a soft mental voice before she was peering back to see that Vernadod was still with them. It seemed like the pair on the dragon's back was still safe, although she could hear Xthaniel telling Ebon to land somewhere away from the city, he wasn't sure how people would react to a dragon.

Vernadod was in short being a graceful little show off as he floated in the air and beat his gloriously coloured wings. Soaring higher and higher just to shoot down like a bullet before spreading out his wings to come to a stop as he landed on the ground with a gentle, prod. He reverted back to his usual form before dusting off one long and flowey sleeves as he gave a smile up. His ram horns out the side of his head, and his pink hair looking a little fluffier.

Fey gripped the dragon's scales tighter as he began to descend her eyes widening in fear. "Aaah!" She let out, not enjoying at all the sinking feeling in her chest as they went down. The half-orc decided then, that she was not meant to fly ever!

Back
Top Bottom