Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventure, Gold and Trouble (Ezralora and GuardianAngel)

"And there goes Calaena." Ebon told is rider as he could feel the female's weight leave his foot. They were close enough to some tree that she had untied herself and was taking to jumping onto a tree branch, and was dropping down to the ground graceful. After that the dragon was circling around before seeming to float down to the ground, and was laying down so that the others could get off.

Vernadod glanced up as the elf seemed to be making as good an entrance as he had done, and slowly brought his right and left hand up before beginning to clap to her. The sound of his applause not much, but hey it was the thought that counted. The cotton candy haired male then sat down as he waited for the others, seeing how the dragon was getting to the ground.

Fey, took a moment or two when they had landed to come round to realise that she was actually on the ground and safe again. With a shaky grip she released her grip on the dragon and not so gracefully went to leave. In which she promptly fell off and landed on the ground with a rather heavy thud. "Ooof." She let out, staring up at the sky, that was mostly taken up by black scales.

"Maybe you should have waited until I helped you down." Xthaniel spoke with a chuckle as he was sliding off after Fey, landing far more gracefully than she had. After that he was looking over towards his sister to make sure that she was fine, yeah she was good. And it seemed like Vernadod had made it safely as well. Great! The whole group was there.

Fey laid there for a little bit longer before eyeing the elf. "Yes that would have been.. a much better idea." She slowly and somewhat painfully began to sit up with a groan and turned. "Right then.. if people would like to... follow me." She said as she began to follow the path on the map, and pulled up her hood as she felt a little embarrassed at slipping in front of the elf. 'Just continue to come across as bad Fey.. well done.' She thought to herself.

Vernadod gave the thumbs up before slinking his way over to the half-orc. "Glad you had a safe trip Calaena and Xthaniel." He said and grinned a little at the pair of them, oddly enough it seemed as though there was indentation on the grass where his foot had been, as if he was weighing nothing at all.

"We always have safe trips." Xthaniel spoke although he was eyeing his sister before commenting that most of the times they had safe trips. This had her looking over before she spoke, "That was one time I fell. And it was into the freezing cold lake." This had her looking over towards the half-orc for a moment before she was following after her so that they could get going, Xthaniel just following behind with a faint chuckle.

Vernadod raised an eyebrow as he pointed between the two of them. "You fell into a freezing lake?" he asked before giving a little chuckle. "That doesn't sound like something good at all." He added, shuddering at the thought of icy water all around him. It wasn't something that he particularly thought would be nice, let alone be considered a successful trip. "It sounds as though it would be something most unpleasant in my mind."

"Yes I did fall into a freezing lake. But that was better than falling splat on the ground." Calaena pointed out after a moment in time before she was brushing some of her hair out of her face. After that she was turning around so that she could walk backwards, just watching the two guys for a brief moment in time with a slight smile on her lips.

Vernadod brought his hand up to move a section of his pink hair away before he glanced at the two of them. Just giving a wave to Calaena as she seemed to be enjoying walking backwards for now. "So are you normally like this?" He asked, addressing the pair of them, at the thought of it being fairly amusing whether or not the two of them would have contradicting views on this.

Fey was still walking, and glanced back at everyone. Deciding to keep her thoughts to herself she peered down at the map and altered the course slightly. They were a few minutes away at most, she thought as she glanced at their position on the finely drawn map.

Xthaniel looked towards him before questioned, "What do you mean by that exactly? How we are acting? Only when we aren't in view of others we need to worry about saying something. I am suppose to be a valiant knight of the empire, while Calaena is suppose to be the Lady of House Faelan." With that he was looking towards his sister before he mumbled that she would have to be sure to act more like a lady when they entered the city, just in case. "I am aware brother." Calaena spoke before she was turning around.

"Well i mean if you look at the world closely you'll see that most of it is involved with hidign behind a mask is it not?" he asked glancing between the pair of them. "As you said, you are a knight, and you are a lady. yet when you are not having to show off to anyone, you two are wonderfully weird people to be around." He placed his hands behind his back before grinning a little. "Which makes it fun to spend time with the pair of you."

Calaena gave a faint chuckle before she spoke, "I wish I could continue to be weird, as does he, but we both have the reputation of our family to hold up. Our family has very close ties with the emperor." With that she was turning continuing on her path, just following after Fey. Xthaniel was giving a faint chuckle before he was giving a nod then commented that they should probably catch up with the ladies.

"What's stopping you?" Vernadod asked as he walked after them, "I mean it's just keeping your own hands bound." He added and fell back in step behind Fey and the others as he took in a deep breath following the half orc.

Fey came to a stop as the building came in to view in front of them, the grand building for Adventurers and those who dared to tread into the darkest places of the world. It was certainly as grand, made of blue stone and gold engravings. Taking in a deep breath she marched forward towards it, taking her identification out. She wasn't well known but she was an adventurer.

"Because.... wed don't want to disappoint our father. And we don't want to disrespect our deceased mother. She wished for our family to stay prideful, and strong." Xthaniel spoke after a moment in time before he was following after the others, walking a few feet behind that of Calaena, who had pulled her hood up over her head.

"I see." Was all the pink haired, horned male said before folding his arms for a brief moment and let out a slight sigh as he walked behind most of them and glanced to the half-orc. As they walked into the main hall it was far more glamorous than the previous one. The floor was made of a smooth stone floor and looked as though it had been greatly taken care of, and at the side of the room was a set of stairs moving to the upper floors. An entire wall was dedicated to jobs, pasted with posters, warnings, wanted notes and job pages. "If you want to register." Said Fey she pointed over to a stone desk at the side. Where a tired looking ginger haired halfling was sitting, his feet propped up on the desk, and looking very much asleep. "He's the one to talk to, and will get you set up. Jobs are on the wall there." She pointed to the wall that was plastered with posters.

Last edited:
Calaena just followed after Fey and looked around once they entered the building. It was a rather elegant looking place that was for sure, and there seemed to be an endless amount of jobs. With that she was shaking her head a bit at the mention of registering to be an adventurer before looking towards his brother. This had her giving a chuckle before he was flashing his own adventurer thing before he spoke, "If you want to register to be one, go ahead. You don't always have to go out adventuring. And even if you do... nobody needs to know that the Lady of House Faeran is an adventurer."

Fey chuckled a little before she shrugged her shoulders and went over to the job board just to look over it. Vernadod was lightly drifting around the place, talking to a few of the other adventurers in the place. The sudden amount of new news stirred the ginger haired halfling as he sat up, and gave a wide yawn before stretching his arms out. "Hmm?" He looked about the room before scratching his stubble seeing a few newer people there. "Oh hello there! How can Drelan be of service?" he spoke in strange accent as if it couldn't quite settle, but he seemed honest at the least... or helpful it was one of the two.

Well it seemed like the halfling was finally awake at that point in time. This had Xthaniel giving a chuckle before he spoke, "We have somebody we want to sign up as an adventurer, and we are just looking at what jobs are being offered." He was gently pushing his sister off towards the counter, and just giving a light smile.

Drelan squinted before pulling on a pair of large glasses that magnified his eyes to a ridiculous size. "Oh well... there four of you?" he asked before glancing at the female elf. "If you want teh register just come a little closer there." He added and leaned over the counter. "If yer lookin' fer some jobs, there be a few hung up on the wall that might grab yer interest. If none of them do, then we might have one fitting a group of your... messy composition. Hehe." He dryly laughed at his own joke before giving a smile at the elf. "So... name, age and race." He asked her as he took out a large roll of parchment.

"Calaena, human age would be equivalent to 23, and I am an elf." Calaena spoke after a moment in time, before she was watching as her brother seemed to wander off to go and look at the jobs. Hopefully she wasn't going to have to get into more specific information, otherwise things weren't going to go how she wanted. She had pointed out a couple of articles about their father already. Decorated general and hero at that point in time. Thankfully her brother's face wasn't as known, at least not as well as their father's. But one could easily put two and two together, possibly anyways. It helped a bit that the twins had their mother's silver hair.

The halfling nodded as he pushed up his glasses and scribbled down her responses before giving a whistle over. "Hey you, yes you Circio." He snapped his fingers over and a lithe black furred humanoid cat walked over, her coat a dull black and wore extravagant robes of gold and red. A rather nice knife rested on her hip, embedded with a glinting sapphire. "What is it Drelan?" He asked and folded his arms before glancing over to Calaena. "You wish for me to get this one?"

Drelan nodded, "if you would, now young lady this is a simple procedure to get this contract under way. We just need a small prick of your blood on this contract and we are all set. It is merely a formality to ensure that if something bad happens on the job, you can't skip out and avoid the consequences." The halfling gave a firm nod and a comforting smile.

Back
Top Bottom