Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventure, Gold and Trouble (Ezralora and GuardianAngel)

"I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. As for the fire, no we had nothing to do with that. Nor did we have anything to do with the dragon. Even I am a bit baffled at the dragon's sudden appearance, they aren't typically seen around this area." Calaena spoke after a moment in time, a small frown forming on her lips. When Xthaniel and Ebon, her twin and his dragon, arrived she would find out from them. They were the best to deal with the other dragon, and figure out exactly why the creature was there. With that she was shaking her head a bit before looking up fully, just studying the male.

Vernadod gave a shrug, as he waved his hand in the air before resting it on his lap. "Take it, however you wish." He said, as his ears twitched a little. Calaena could probably see as she stared long enough at him, his eyes seemed to change colour, never settling on one thing. "Oh no, not at all.... so that means, another thing must have led to this. No?" He asked, as he stretched his arms above his head, his long flowy sleeves trailing down his arms, as more of the druidic tattoos were presented, they were elegant in design all in black ink and some connecting to others. He lowered his hands, before pointing at Fey in the corner, and back at Calaena before resting his head in his hand, and let out a huff. "You have questions for Vernadod?" He piped up, curiously, before the sparrow fluttered off his horn to return to the elf. "How have you been here?" He also added, quickly his eyes widening as they turned a shocking shade of blue.

"More than likely. I suppose, Ebon will be able to find out. While red dragons are terrifying and unpredictable, they are wise when it comes to knowing when to stop their fights." Calaena spoke after a moment in time before she was tilting her a head a bit, just looking at the tattoos that were on his arms. Well those were definitely interesting to say the least. It wasn't long before he was asking if they had any questions for him and the sparrow was returning to her. "What do you mean how have we been here? I'm quite confused by that question." Calaena spoke as she brushed her hair aside, letting the sparrow perch on her shoulder at that point in time. No she really didn't have any questions at that time, other than wanting to know exactly who this guy was.

He blinked thinking back to what he said, "Oh i beg your pardon, how long have you been here? Isn't funny how missing one little word can change the entire meaning of a sentence?" He asked, giving a hearty chuckle at that, before both his hands were resting in his lap. "Or... would a better question be why were you in the town? Do you work there or own a store? I heard the town was well revered by travellers."

"That makes more sense." Calaena giggled before she was just tilting her head, and was speaking, "I am an adventurer. I had been there to check out what kind of help that they needed there. I cannot speak for my companion though." With that she was watching as the sparrow was taking off, heading outside once again when the rain seemed to let up.

"Oh an adventurer, how wonderful." He said, and rested his head on the back of his hand, "Been at it long? Seen wonderful sights to behold the eyes?" He then blinked and looked to Fey seemingly forgetting she was there. "Oh your companion?" He asked, before looking up as the familiar returned, looking soaked and shaking off its feathers before smiling as Fey cut the connection.

"Hmm?" She looked over at the pair of them, not seeming to happy that Vernadod was still there. Feeling stiff though, she stood up and stretched her hands over her head. She headed outside, seeing as the rain had begun to stop for a bit of fresher air than the damp smell of cave. "Calaena, are you... erm hungry?" She asked, calling in from outside.

Calaena was looking towards him before she was shaking her head then spoke, "No I haven't been one for long, it is a new thing for me." No way was she going to mention that she was a noble... a noble to a house that had close ties with the emperor. Although that would be revealed more than likely when her twin arrived. He was pretty well known by many people, after all he was always with the prince. Or had been anyways until he stepped down as his personal guard so that he could go adventuring. Soon enough she saw that Fey was shaking herself out of a trance and was asking if she was hungry. This had the elfin maiden shaking her head before she spoke, "No I am not, thank you though."

Fey nodded, before awkwardly shuffling away from them to sit outside of the cave, to be alone. It wasn't a plea for attention it was just, taking big steps and being social were daunting facts that she didn't want to have to take right at this moment. She had been on the run for so long. Slowly her hand moved up to clutch the necklace and stared down at it before letting out a shaky breath as she did so. They weren't going to find her, they weren't. Shuddering she brushed her clumped and messy hair out of her face, tracing her nail along the scarring around her mouth.

Vernadod blinked before rising to his feet in an elegant move, and hoped over to her before crouching down in front of the elf. "Well then i wish you a wonderful time adventuring and discovering." He stared off into space for a moment, "I don't tend to leave this forest much, never had much of a need to." He muttered, before turning back to her. "What do you want to see the most then? I mean, i feel like i've gotten to know you now. So would you say we are friends?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as his pink hair fell partially over one of his horns, his eyes turning to a bright sunshine gold.

Calaena looked towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "Well we'll see how long it will last. I'm sure eventually people will get a bit upset about my going off on my own." With that she was giving a faint chuckle before listening to what he had to say about not leaving the forest much. Sounded like her when it came to her home, to the mansion she had grown up in. "I know the feeling, that was my life before I decided to change it." she commented after a moment in time, then listened to him mention how he figured that he had gotten to know her and was wondering if she thought they were friends. With that she was giving a smile before she spoke, "I can't say that we really know much about each other but... I would most definitely enjoy becoming your friend."

"Wonderous!" he exclaimed and hopped up with his legs straight and cheered a little at making a new friend. "Oh i wish i had my teapot i would make the most amazing brew for us." He said and gave a little chuckle, before sitting back onto the rock with a thud. "What are you talking about? I know you are Calaena, and you know i am Vernadod, that's the foundation for a great friendship." He said giving a kind and warm smile.

"I suppose knowing each others names does make for a great friendship." Calaena spoke after a moment in time, before giving a small chuckle before she was looking outside for a brief moment in time. Oh it seemed like the rain was finally letting up. Huh the rain most definitely had good timing with showing up, it had taken care of the fires at the town. Although who knew the extent of the damage at that point in time. From the lizardmen to the dragon.... at least most of the people and adventurers had gotten away to safety. Calaena was leaning back against a rock as well, just wrapping her cloak around her as though it were a blanket before she was looking over at Vernadod and questioned, "What are you exactly? I mean I've seen your people before, although never actually got to find out what you were." Nothing against anything of them, they were amazing people...just tended to keep more to themselves about stuff.

Vernadod blinked at her question as if he were taken a back by it before he slumped back. "Now that is a good question for me... what am i? I would have to say i. Am me." he said before giving a little chuckle and then shrugged his shoulders. "Some time long ago there was a meeting of fey creatures from the Wilds, and other races. I suppose that led to me... for now i suppose you could call me a Druid." He said, giving a nod of his head before smiling at her. "Much like you, fey blood runs strongly within me." He pressed his hand to his chest, before splaying it out and nodding his head.

"So it is true.... you really don't know what you are. Interesting. Not in a bad way." Calaena spoke before she was looking outside when she heard a familiar caw, and spotted her falcon... the falcon that had been with her brother. This had her giving a smile before she cooed, "Seems my brother is closer than what I thought." She was getting to her feet and venturing outside a bit, holding out her arm to the small falcon, allowing it to perch on her arm. It seemed to be studying Vernadod at that point in time before seeming to look at Calaena. "No no, he is a friend." she giggled.

Vernadod smiled, and was about to speak before she left to greet the bird. Lifting his hand he gave a brief wave at it and headed out of the cave, spotting the half orc before sitting next to her. Much to Fey's disapproval as she grumbled and looked over at Calaena, starting to stand. "Is he here yet?" She asked, hoping that this waiting would soon be over, not one to sit still and wait things out for now. "or close at least? Should we meet him here?" She stopped herself before closing her eyes, and sagging her shoulders. "I... am... sorry. For the bombardment." She uttered, realising she had just unloaded a bunch of questions onto an elf she barely knew.

Calaena was looking over towards Fey for a moment in time before she spoke, "No he isn't here yet but he is close. It would probably be best if we headed towards the empty area between the forest and the town, that is where he will be landing." With that she was giving a small giggle before she was watching as her falcon fluttered over to Vernadod and took to perching himself on his shoulder.

Fey looked back at the elf, "okay, well then let's... let's go.." She muttered, and her familiar came back and turned into a snake to slink around her shoulders once more as she looked between them. Watching as Vernadod smiled amusingly as the falcon moved onto his shoulder, and how the druid raised his arm to carefully place a finger on the bird. She rolled her jaw around for a moment and offered a little smile before turning to begin the walk there. Humming quietly to herself as she did so.

Calaena just watched for a moment in time before she was following after them, heading off through the forest that lay before him. Although at the time she had taken to traveling through the trees, keeping just a bit ahead of them, keeping an eye out for anything strange or suspicious. So far everything was quiet at the time, other than the wind and the usual animals. Luckily it wouldn't take them all that long to get to where they needed to go. "When we arrive, I would suggest staying in the woods at first. Ebon wouldn't hurt you but he isn't overly fond of newcomers right away." she called back after a brief moment in time. No he wouldn't attack them or anything, but it would be obvious that the dragon was a little annoyed.

Fey continued to trudge through the forest, not being able to be as stealthy as Calaena, a few twigs crunching under her feet as she walked, causing her to wince a little. "So this dragon, Ebon... it's like a big dragon right?" She started to sound a little nervous, even when she said to keep back. She wasn't overly fond of anything with sharp teeth or that could potentially swallow her whole. "If it's big.. i'll be staying back regardless." She spoke before hopping over a knot on the ground.

Vernadod gracefully moved through the forest, like a spirit which was aided by his flowing sleeves. Humming quietly to himself. "A dragon, well two in such a short time that will definitely be something." The druid was making no sounds as he moved, and just glided from branch to branch. "You're brother is a lucky person."

Calaena was giving a nod before she spoke, "Ebon is a big dragon. A black dragon to be precise. My brother had rescued his egg from hunters, and kept it. When the dragon was born, he took to raising him, helping him. In the end when Ebon was old enough to understand that he could leave if he wished, he decided to stay around." With that she was hopping out of a tree once they had reached the edge of the forest. There was nothing there yet which had her looking over towards her falcon, who was making a noise and taking to the sky for her.

Vernadod frowned a little before leaning against the trunk of a tall tree as he stared down at her, "Interesting it is rare for such a thing to just stay like that..." He added, and gave a brief laugh. "Yet a rare sight indeed... i look forward to meeting your brother and discussing it." He walked along the branch, carefully moving one foot in front of the other before just dropping down onto another branch, and landing. The branch not even giving a creak from his weight.

Fey scratched the back of her head, not really knowing about elven or many cultures. "I don't think that would have happened where i was from... if anything the egg would have been sold." She planted her hands into her pockets as she adjusted her scarf, a few flecks of dried mud coming off it and scattering onto the dirt. "Not everywhere would have taken that as kindly as your brother, i'm sure."

Calaena was just giving a faint chuckle before she spoke, "He can be harsh and a bit cruel, but when it comes to the innocent... he will do anything to protect them. No matter what kind of creature they are. That is his duty as a knight." With that she was watching as her falcon was returning to her which had her drifting out of the forest just as a black shape could been seen flying towards that general area, and was soon seeming to glide down towards the ground.

Fey lifted her head, shielding her eyes with her left hand as she peered up at the shadow flying over head. "Is that...him?" She asked before turning towards her widening her yellow eyes. "He's a knight?" She began to sound worried again and came to a stop on the spot, as she shook her head. "I... i will wait here, you go ahead." She muttered, not knowing how to explain it and sat down against a tree, her green skin a bit paler. No not royals or anyone connected to the family. She shook her head, before bringing her knees to her chin. She thought he was high but not... she curled up a little more, her familiar rising up and slithering off her shoulders.

"Yes he is a knight, and that is him." Calaena spoke after a moment in time. Lets just say twin telepathy had nice times of kicking in, such as then. She just knew that it was him, versus anybody else. She took to staying back as the dragon took to landing on the ground before she was heading out into the field, pushing her hood down. The dragon was looking over towards her although didn't move at all as the male on his back slide down. If one looked at the twins, they were most definitely identical other than the gender and hair length. Had the same mischievous attitude as well.

"What the hell are you doing here? You should be at home. It isn't safe out here for a lady such as yourself." Xthaniel breathed when he saw his sister and was just shaking his head a bit, before he was drawing her in for a hug, questioning if she was okay. Yeah that was one hell of a greeting that was for sure, but all in all he was glad to see his twin regardless. Ebon was mentioning that there were a couple others at the edge of the forest, and that the red dragon had seemed to calm down a bit.
"Please don't tell me you were in the town when that dragon showed up." Xthaniel breathed which had his sister giggling innocently before she was taking his hand, drawing him with her so that she could introduce him to her "friends" at that point in time. The knight was giving a sigh before he was following after her. Although the crest on his outfit would dictate who he was a knight for, a slight indication as to his family status. Only nobles were allowed to be apart of the emperor's elite guard. The man was under the impression that they were better warriors...which was a personal opinion on his part. Even many of his elites disagreed with that. They had seen some very talented commoners.

Vernadod took something from a pouch and began to chew on what looked like a root stick as he stared at the half orc. "So you're half orc.... but what's the other half?" He queried as he crouched down in front of her. "Human?" He asked, studying her carefully, smirking as Fey leaned back as the druid got a little too close for comfort.
"It is not something you need concern yourself with." She spoke and shoved him away as she pulled up a hood that materialised from her coat. "Just don't go looking and you won't find yourself falling down a rabbit hole of questions." She closed her eyes as she leaned back against the tree, before seeing the other elf, and almost mistook it for Calaena's double. Yet the crest on him made her turn away quickly and fold her arms. this bringing amusement as Vernadod chuckled. "A little shy so it would seem."
"Greetings!" He bowed to the knight before trailing his finger along his horn, as he kept the smile on his face. "I am Vernadod, pleasure to finally meet you and..." His eyes widened and he walked passed the elves to begin to run towards the dragon to get a closer look, his ears perked up. "Look at this beautiful creature." He spread his arms wide before laughing and turning over to call to the elves. "Bigger than i thought yes!"

"Pleased to meet you as well, I am Xthaniel. I thank you both for taking care of my sister." Xthaniel spoke after a moment in time before just looking at his sister and mumbling that she was such a pain in the neck. This had her giving a faint giggle before she spoke, "You still love me." She was watching as Vernadod was running over towards Ebon, who was just snorting a bit of smoke at the Druid, his way of telling him that he wasn't overly interested in the newcomer. Although it wasn't long before Calaena was prancing over and the dragon was lowering his head so that she could put a hand on his snout.
"Lady Calaena, do you know how worried your brother was when he heard that you had left the manor. Without a guard nonetheless. It is dangerous." Ebon's voice drifted through her mind. Consequently the other three would hear him as well, but he had no care at that point in time. This had the silver haired elf giving a faint pout before she spoke, "I've been safe.... ish. Had a slight run in with some lizardmen and a pissed off red dragon. Anywho, Ebon this is my friend Vernadod."
This had the black dragon looking over and studying the small male that was standing near him, before snorting a bit.

Back
Top Bottom