Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventure, Gold and Trouble (Ezralora and GuardianAngel)

As her arrows rang through the air, they hit their marks. Lizardman after lizardman fell under the blow of her mighty bow, and crumpled onto the ground their lives having been robbed of them from the elf. Though there seemed to be more now as the towns people, thanks to her aid and others were making their way to the forest. Away from the dragon that had seemingly claimed the town for its own at this moment.

Fey glancing around, felt a chill run down her spine and her sickly yellow eyes caught a glimpse of the elf before she took out a wire and whispered into it. As she did the message would relay to Calaena. "Get down, towns people leaving. Find Safety. You can respond." Her voice cut out, and the rain falling from the skies hissed as it battled with the ceaseless flames. The red dragon stomping down, and spreading his wings out as the smoke and fire made it seem more demonic than draconic at this moment.

Calaena watched as the townspeople seemed to flee the forest, as were many of the adventurers. Seemed like the dragon had decided to claim this town as his own, although for a while she was sure that it would be left alone, although eventually strong warriors would come to try and claim its life. Try... probably not succeed too much.

"Understood." was all Calaena said before she was allowing her bow to vanish and she was slidding down the side of the church onto the ledge. Man climbing in the man was a lot more difficult, but it wasn't as if she were unuse to it. She had been sneaking out of the mansion at home all the time, especially when she was younger. Together were her twin, the pair were always getting into trouble, at least until they got older. Then they stopped with all of the childishness and focuses on their duties. Since her twin had wanted nothing to do with being a noble he had joined the army, while Calaena stepped up and became the lady of the house.

She did manage to leap from the side of the church into a tree, and was just moving close to the trunk before making her way down, quickly but carefully all the same time. Falling really didn't seem ideal at that point in time, not even close.

Fey had made her way into the woods and let out a heavy breath as she doubled over to clasp her hands on her knees. Running and all that physical things weren't really her strong suit. She shook her head and fought back an oncoming panic attack. That had been a dragon, a full dragon not something resting in a book but a freaking fire breathing dragon! She breathed in only for it to be hitched in her throat, creating a struggle for her before standing up and looking around. "H-" Wait there might not be friendly people out there. The comfort hissing around her neck brought her to her senses.

"Hello!" She yelled out, her voice uncomfortable loud as she turned the lamb fur collar of her coat up to protect the back of her neck and cheeks from the rain that was blown in from the wind.

Calaena had been wandering through the forest when she had heard the sudden hello from somewhere. Wait she recognized that voice. The woman from the tavern. With that she was heading in that general direction and eventually spotted Fey, which had her waving towards the other woman. How her arm still stung at that point in time, although she would better take care of it when she wasn't quite so out in the open. "This way!" she spoke as she walked up closer and was gesturing to her to follow. At that point in time she was following a few of the animals a small but empty cave. It got them out of the rain, and they would be safe from the dragon there, it wouldn't be able to fit, and if it was distracted by the town it wouldn't even think to look for them.

Fey whipped her head around as she ehard the response, and trod through fallen leaves, sticks and other things you'd expect to find in a forest. She saw the elf, and smiled a little before following after her. Her mud covered face, and clothes, and her green skin helped her camouflage rather well into the forest. She made her way into the cave and panted a little. "You made it out.." She noted, more as if it was an observation before sliding down the moist cave wall. She could hear dripping further inside it into a pool. "Were you hurt?" She sat up a little, as the snake around her neck slithered off her neck and coiled up in the half-orcs lap. "I might have something to help if that is the case." She rummaged through her satchel before taking out what looked like a healing potion and offered it to the elf.

Calaena lead her off towards the cave and soon enough they had arrived, getting out of the rain that was pouring down. Once inside she was looking over at the female as she was asking if she had been hurt. "One of the lizardmen managed to get my shoulder." the elf did end up speaking after a moment in time, before she was unwrapping the makeshift bandage from around her shoulder. More she was to check to see how it looked at that point in time, although it was difficult to tell herself.

The bite was looking a little worse for where, the area around the bite marks made it seem a little spongy and swollen. It seems that there was a little bit of poison in the bite, but nothing that a few days of rest would fix. Fey looked over the bite marks for a moment before chewing the inside of her cheeks. "That... was a dragon right?" She asked the elf, not sure if she should believe it were some strange manifestation of her imagination just then. But the smoke and smell seemed to all defy the wishful thinking. "I've..never seen one before, not in person." She continued to hold out the healing potion for Calaena should she wish to take it.

"That was a dragon." Calaena nodded before she was taking the offered healing potion with a soft thank you, and downing it. It would still take a bit for it to kick in, but within the next few hours the wound would be all good. With that she was looking over before she spoke with a smile, "I can introduce you to a dragon, a friendly dragon. My brother founded a dragon's egg and ended up hatching it. Since then he and the dragon have come to bond with one another. He is a rare dragon rider."

Fey listened to the elf as she divulged something that was rather personal to her. "I see, well that is certainly a.. a feat in itself." The half-orc responded quietly as she stared at the mouth of the cave for a moment. "Why are you making an offer to me?" She asked, confused about it, they had just met today and it wasn't as if she had tried to be the most friendly person. Now the town was pretty much in flames. She was sure the king would hear about it eventually, but that could take weeks. "Who are you?" She asked, her yellow eyes flicking over to examine the elf.

Calaena just listened to the female for a moment in time before she gave a small chuckle before she spoke, "Because I want to show that not all dragons are evil and bad." With that she was brushing her hair away from her shoulder and took to rewrapping it for the time being, before studying the woman as she was asked who she was. With that she was speaking, "My name is Calaena Faeran."

Fey gave a brief nod, understanding partially why she wanted to show her. But at the same time the urge to refuse and keep to herself was overwhelming. "Calaena Faeran." She spoke the words slowly in her mouth as she committed it to memory. She brought her knees up to her chest and glanced down, her dark hair falling in her face as she remained quiet for a long time. Not sure how to respond to the elf, "An adventurer... what do you plan to do now?" She asked quietly as she lifted her head, her eyes glowing faintly as she went to catch the elf's gaze.

Calaena looked towards the other woman for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "I'm not sure what I plan to do now. I want to help the town but getting the dragon to leave is going to be.... difficult." She supposed if she could find her twin brother and have him show up with his dragon, perhaps the large black dragon could convince the red dragon to leave. Or if the red dragon wishes to stay, to learn to co-exist with the humans. That was a wish as well, for everywhere in general. The creatures of the world just learning to co-exist with all others. A wish that would never become reality, but one could dream anyways.

Fey let out a sigh and glanced out of the cave as rain continued to fall for now. She stuck her hand out of it, and cupped it to gather a small bit of water before taking a sip. The taste of smoke was still strong in her mouth. She glanced back at the elf, "Where would your brother be at the moment?" She asked, in an almost timid voice. The snake slithered along the ground exploring the cave, before in a poof of arcane energies changed into an owl and flew further down the cave.

Calaena looked towards the female for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "My brother would be a few towns over. We had discussed meeting there already actually." With that she was rolling her shoulder a bit so that it didn't start getting stiff. After that she was gazing out of the cave and watched the rain continue to fall.

Fey swallowed a little as she closed her eyes, thinking whether or not she should travel with the elf. She seemed to be able to take care of herself, but. "Would... you like some company?" She asked as she looked to the side of the cave, not wanting to make direct eye contact. The smell of wet grass, and plant life began to fill the cave, as rain drops congealed and dripped down in front of the mouth of the cave. "I.. would understand if you wouldn't..." She said quickly as her clawed fingers dug into the stonework of the cave.

Calaena looked at her for a brief moment in time before she was giving a small smile then spoke, "I would love the company." No she didn't really want to take to traveling by herself, she would rather have somebody with her than being alone at that point in time. With that she was shaking her head a bit, shaking some of her hair out of her face. Well for the time being they mind as well get some rest before they continued on.

Fey blinked as she was surprised at the answer before giving a nod, "o-okay then." The half-orc said quietly and adjusted her sitting position. She adjusted the collar of her coat before closing her eyes, feeling the need to rest now. "I suppose you have a travelling companion.." She muttered, as she buried her nose into her muddy scarf and fell asleep to the sound of rain outside of the cave.

A way off something was watching, them at the mouth of the cave curiously, his bright pink hair plastered to his skull as he looked at the mouth of the cave. Resting in a tall tree, he felt a smile come over his face. 'Not many people come in this deep to the woods.' He thought to himself, and propped his head up with his hand, as he continued to watch them.

Calaena looked over at the half-orc for a moment in time before ahe spoke, "Adventuring is far easier with a companion than without." After that she watched as the other female was huddling in to her scarf and falling asleep. Calaena ended up getting to her feet and was moving closer to the mouth of the cave, her cloak laying on the ground where she had been sitting. She sat near the mouth, just watching the rain, and was holding her hand out to a few rabbits were nearby. Poor things were huddled under a tree to try and escape the rain. "Come along, get in here." She spoke in a soft voice before giving a faint smile. The luxury of being a wood elf, animals were something she could understand. And it seemed like they knee it wad safe, for the time being anyways.
Calaena was unwrapping the makeshift bandage so that she could examine her shoulder again. Not quite fully healed but it looked far better than what it had. Eventually she ended up fading into a light sleep, lulled by the rain. The rabbits fook refuge near her although only the little ones seemed to actually sleep, the older ones just sat and watched.

Stepping off the branches, walking through the forest with un-natural grace. He made his way over the mouth of the cave before peering in. He was an odd fellow for certain, tall, strong looking. A long flowing robe with bracelets and bangles over his pale skin, and rams horns sticking out the sides of his head. A pan pipe neatly stashed on his belt, and his feet bare and muddy. His ears were long and pointed, and there was no hiding that little smile on his face. "Well isn't this a sight.." He whispered to himself as he leaned against the slick stone of the cave.

Fey opened one of her eyes as she looked to the elf, and then the rabbits before her yellow eye fell on the figure at the mouth of the cave. Widening her yellow eyes she shot up to her feet, and held out a diamond, which she had plucked from one of her many pockets. In her hand that began to spin rapidly in her hand. "Calaena wake up." She snapped, as she kept the spinning diamond pointed at the figure at the mouth of the cave.

Calaena had heard the warning from the rabbits, although they didn't seem to fearful of the strange being that was there either. The silver haired elf was opening her eyes though when she heard Fey all of a sudden, before she was turning her attention towards the male that was leaning against the mouth of the cave. She just studied him for a brief moment before she was retreating back over next to Fey, and snagging up her cloak, wrapping it around herself once again. "What can we do for you?" she questioned after a moment in time. Mind as well be polite.

"Well for a starter you could lower that shiny rock if you wouldn't mind." He said with a slight smirk as he brushed his hand back through his pale pink hair, exposing his arm which had all sorts of druidic markings along his skin, and bracelets and bangles, also around his ankles were beads and anklets. He was oddly dressed but it worked for him. "And mind letting me stay in this cave a little? I have a few questions to ask you." He gave them his best smile before bowing. "Oh i am Vernadod it is wonderful to make your acquaintances."

Fey seemed less than willing to lower the diamond as she had never been one to trust strangers straight away. She barely trusted the elf, but she seemed nice to say the least. "Should we?" A spark of rainbow energy pulsed out of the diamond as she continued to hold the spell.

Calaena just studied the male for a moment in time before she spoke, "For the time being we mind as well, I sense no evil intent from him." With that she was giving a shrug before taking to sitting on the ground, holding out an arm for the sparrow that fluttered into the cave, speaking softly to the drenched creature. Although it seemed like the precious thing just had information for her on her brother, seemed like her brother had taken to moving, and was on his way to the town that the red dragon had decided to take over. Which meant that they wouldn't have to travel as well. "Scratch that going to a different town to find my brother, seems we will not have to." she mumbled to Fey after a moment before turning her attention fully towards Vernadod with a faint smile before she was inclining her head and spoke, "I am Calaena and yes you may stay in the cave, get out of the rain."

Fey seemed a little bit reluctant and the spell slowly fizzled out of her as she let it go and pocketed the small diamond in her pocket. "Fine... how long must we wait?" She asked, and slumped down onto the floor with a wet squelch, her hair now dried in clumps as mud mingled with the black and green. Despite the rain that had happened around the town, she looked filthy.

Vernadod grinned and gave a flourishing bow, as he walked into the cave, his bare feet slapping against the stone. (side note i imagine him with a light irish accent) "Thank you m'lady for allowing a gentleman such as me into your humble little cave." He walked, in and water dripped off his flowing thin robes, his long sleeves, dripping and the thin fabric showing the slight pinkish look of his skin beneath. He eyed the sparrow slowly before giving a whistle as it fluttered over to him as well, and he stroked the little thing with a happy smile on his face. "It's so hard to find good company these days."

Calaena looked towards Fey for a moment as she was asking how long they were needing to wait. With that she was thinking thoughtfully before she spoke, "Maybe a couple of hours. He had left his destination a number of hours ago, by dragonback it wouldn't take long." After that she was turning her attention back towards the newcomer that had entered the cave to get out of the rain. She was sitting down on the ground near Fey and just watched as the little sparrow fluttered over to the male. "You stated that you had some questions, pray tell what are these questions." Calaena spoke after a moment in time, just looking at him. She had to admit that he was rather handsome, although a little odd all at once. For some reason he almost seemed familiar, although that could be because there were a few people with similiar appearance that had lived within her home.

Fey glanced to the side, giving a brief nod before her familiar shot out of the cave into the storm. Her yellow eyes clouded over as she seemed as though she wasn't there anymore, as she was looking through the eyes and hearing through the ears of the familiar she sent out to scout the area. Its wings beating lightly as it flew through the storm as best it could, before having to perch under a large tree.

Vernadod peered over at Calaena before nodding, "Well for someone like you i could come up with many questions." He looked down at the sparrow the moment, "The smell of smoke, and fire is that one of your twos doing? There seemed to be a lot of people fleeing deeper into the forest than they would normally go... Something big must have driven them to get out of there. So... you two are not connected to the dragon back there are you?" He asked, before letting the sparrow sat on his finger, which he lifted so it could perch neatly on the tip of one of his horns.

Back
Top Bottom