Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Seeds of Evil) B. 2 Windstrom's Bow

Narunir

"I was untouched by their attempts to attack us," Narunir commented, idly brushing a bit of dust off of his robe. "As for who might be equipping them...At this point, who can say? Perhaps we will find out should we investigate further."

Oliva sticking close to Aramina, immediately prompted up. "Need help setting up camp?" She asked like a love struck schoolgirl.

Aramina gave Olivia a sweet kiss and accepted her help. The buxom sorceress slept in her leaf armor, snuggled up next to the cleric of Sune that night.

Dahlia was a little more chaste in her affection, but she took her turn on watch with Alyx, then stripped down to her shift and panties, wrapped up in a blanket, and lay next to the psychic warrior, snuggling against him in her sleep and feeling ever so warm.

The night passed uneventfully, and there were no further attacks over the next days of travel, but an uneasy sense of being watched did settle over them like a chill wet blanket.

Narunir nodded to Olivia and Aramina as well. "I'd be happy to offer what help I can in setting up the camp," he said, before finding a comfortable place to put his bedroll. He ended up sleeping not far from Aramina (though not quite as close as Olivia was).

As they traveled the half-elf could feel the chill that seemed to follow them no matter where they went, knowing that the goblins they'd slain were likely not the only ones in these woods. "We must be getting close," he commented one day as they stopped to eat a bit, "Who was it that had the map? Might be good to check to make sure we haven't been going in the wrong direction."

Balenore cannot get the markings on the equipment out of his head after a nights rest it finally hits him. "Oh the Underhill Guild out of Baulders Gate... wow they have sunk low, I bet there is an intermediary but still... Having solved that he goes back to his work.

Perception 7+13=20

"Oh do all of remembering those cute puppies we saw on the side of the road last time we were traveling together? It would be interesting if something like that happened again, remember how they followed us a while?"

Balenore says while absentmindedly working on something still.

"My friends," Joel Winterfel, explained, "I don't want to alarm anybody, but I think we're being followed. By what, I'm not sure, but i don't like the feel of it. Be on your guard."

"Be ready regardless," Narunir whispered back to Balenore, "Just in case it knows exactly where we are, we should be prepared for anything."

YS5piT6.png

Dahlia bit her lower lip nervously. "We're a half hour from our destination now. Maybe evil cannot enter the valley with the tomb?"

Aramina touched the other girl on the nut brown shoulder. "Well, if it can, we'll just deal with the goblins when they find us, right? You're very strong, Dahlia. We all are. We can handle this."

latest

Joel Winterfel

Joel nodded to the others and replied, “Let me ask Avenger and see if he sees anything following us.”

The ranger held up an arm and the red tailed hawk floated down from the sky, landing gently on it.

Joel made eye contact with avenger and whispered an ancient prayer. Then he explained the situation to the hawk in a level tone and asked, “Have you seen anything following us.”

Avenger cocked his head a few times, and gave a few little trills—or that's what everyone else perceived...

What Mieliki's champion understood, however, was rather different...

Red-tailed_Hawk_v11-13-016_l.jpg

Avanger

"Really, Joel," The red tailed hawk replied to his ears only, "You should talk more often. It's so much easier than trying to understand all those silly grunts and barks. You are being followed. There are four goblins on wicked wolves following, but they are just scouting for the true hunters--a woman, a man, and 6 dead people." The hawk gave a little shiver. "Bad magic, that. If you're going to make dead men walk around, at least let them keep their meat. It's extra terrifying watching bones walk through the mountains."

latest

Joel Winterfel

Joel felt little prickles on the back of his neck, and the hair on his arms was standing up. “I quite agree,” he said, and anyone could understand. “My friends, we are being followed. Four goblins on wicked wolves—but they're just scouts for the real hunters. A woman, a man, and six dead people. I think we're in trouble.”

He smirked and added, “I think someone let their skeletons out of the closet.”

Narunir

"Undead?" Narunir whispered, his tone a fair bit more urgent now, "We will need to be careful in that case. Should we hurry our speed in the hopes of getting to our destination before they find us?"

"You probably cannot outrun this threat remember the Worg's intelligence. If they have our scent then they are are not going to be easily swayed, if the other group is simply following the Worg's trail and they are doing things to ensure it is marked then there may be a chance to outrun them after that fight, but once again doubtful as our tracks will be as easy to follow, better to select a battleground of our choosing as opposed to allowing them to attack at their leisure. How long does he think we have before they find us?"

"It's best that we keep an open eye out for anywhere that we can fight without being flanked." Alyx spoke after a moment, keeping close to the cleric girl he'd become fond of. As he did so though his hands slowly shifted into more bestial, rending talons rather than the normal digits he possessed otherwise.

Casting claws of the beast and spending 2 extra power points to increase their damage by one step.

Narunir

"Right," the half-elf murmured to himself as he listened to his companions, "I doubt they know that we know they're coming, so if we search hopefully we can find someplace to ambush them before they can do the same to us."

Balenor sighs and looks over at Narunir, "remind me when we get someplace safe to discuss the sorcerer's spellbook that I have been designing with you in mind, it would be so much better if you and Aramina had some more versatility.

They continued a bit longer. Now five minutes away from the mausoleum that was their destination, they found a place where the path passed--not along the edge of the more--but in a canyon dug into it by the spring thaw. They even found a place were they could fight in the shade--where canyon became briefly a cavern. Three could stand abreast to hold the line, and they could not easily be flanked, nor could arrows be rained down from on high.

Back
Top Bottom