Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Seeds of Evil) B. 2 Windstrom's Bow

Baltana

Whatever the others had seen - presumedly a worg and goblin - she hadn't spotted it "I am not seeing what you are seeing, can you point it out" she shrugged as she unslung her bow, "but if we are up against some a worg or goblin chances are there are more and staying around here only gives them time to prepare".

Narunir

"Hmm...A lone goblin and it's 'steed' in the middle of a plain..." Narunir mused quietly, eyes locked on the duo's back. "We should tread carefully. Balenore is certainly right that worgs are more clever than you'd guess, and there's about how for every goblin you see there's a few that you don't that I think applies here."

Drawing his crossbow, the half-elf waited with his companions for the perfect time to strike

Initiative: 1d20=20+2=22

Surprised at rolling so well, but if the RNG wills it, so shall it be

As the group made ready to deal with the one goblin, two shafts of steel-tipped wood whistled down the hill from up ahead, one threatening to pierce Baltana, the other Alyx. There wasn't one, there were three! Two other goblins on warg back could now be seen above the rocky rise thirty feet ahead of the one they'd spotted.

To hit Baltana (vs. Flat Footed Armor Class): 15
--If that hits: 3 damage.
--If that deals damage: Baltana feels a chill spreading throuhg the wound. (Fortitude save.)

To hit Alyx (vs. Flat Footed Armor Class): 18
--If that hits: 4 damage.
--If that deals damage: Alyx feels a painful burning radiating from the wound. (Fortitude save.)

22 Narunir
22 Lahnu
21 Alyx
20 Goblin Outrider 1,2 and 3.
20 Baltana
19 Joel and Avenger
17 Abigail
16 Dahlia
15 Aramina
11 Balenor
8 Olivia
4 Ty

Did I get everyone?

Tag Narunir, LAhnu, and Alyx in whatever order you can post!

Last edited:
Narunir

The saying Narunir had been referencing was quickly proven right, as another two goblins and wargs made their presence known from atop some rocks! "We are under attack!" Bringing his crossbow up the half-elf aimed it at one of the goblins up there before firing on him!

Crossbow Attack: 1d20=7+4=11
Damage if Hit: 1d8=1

...I used up all my luck on that initiative roll!

Keeping close to Dahlia, the man didn't notice the attack before it was too late - yet his psychic armor deflected the attack as it otherwise may well have struck true! As his hands shift more into bestial claws, he looks to Dahlia. "Stay close so I can protect you." As he finishes shifting, he moved behind cover, knowing he'll have to make the ascent despite having a few tricks up his sleeve to make it easier!

Manifesting claws of the beast and increasing the size damage by 1 die, then Alyx moves forward behind cover!

Lahnu draws her blades, sprinting for a large rock and shouting “get to cover! And advance carefully. Those of you with ranged options, provide covering fire!” She silently cursed herself for not thinking to bring a bow. She was used to fighting in caves, cities, and cellars, where it was easier to avoid arrow and sling. She had a plan though, and that plan involved making a slow, creeping advance, with their own archers preventing them from being shot TOO often. Lahnu slid forward and crouched down.

Narunir's quarrel smashed on the rocks bellow the goblin.

The little monster's held their ground, drawing fresh arrows and switching targets. The goblin they'd first spotted sighted on Joel and let fly. Joel was winged by the shaft, but his hide shirt protected him from the scratch.

13 to hit, missed by 1.

The second bent his bow quickly and turned to let fly at Balenor. It was a clumsy shot, but..

12 vs. flat footed.

The last let fly at Olivia, arrow arcing straight and true and...

20 to hit.
3 for damage.
Roll fortitude save!

Everyone! In whatever order you can post.

Lahnu began to advance towards the goblins, sheathing her weapons and throwing herself at the wall to begin the climb upwards. Hey, when all you have is a pair of blades, you make do.
Half speed
Total: 13 (Roll 4+ Strength 1+ 5 ranks+ Class skill bonus)

Joel bent back his bow and drew a bead on the mount of the first goblin they had spotted. He also reached out with his mind and tried to focus Avenger's aggression on the goblin riding that warg.

Joel called out, “Avenger and I can handle this first one.”

Handle Animal: 15
Avenger (Charge!) 22 to hit for 4 damage.
Bow Attack! Natural 20! Confirm. Natural 20! (26 Total)
--Damage: 26 Damage.

Balenore looks at the Warg the goblin who shot at him is ridding.

"Hunt down and kill every goblin in the area. Kill anything which tries to stop you" He says oh so reasonably.

Baltana

She shrugged as the arrow bounced harmlessly off her and took casual aim at a goblin with a bow, stopping briefly to call out in their own language "surrender likely will be accepted if you do it in a timely fashion" her tone fairly bored - she didn't expect the others to be interested in mercy following an attack by stealth, but frankly she would prefer answers. With that she loosed her arrow.

Free action: Speaking Goblin
Standard Action: Attack with bow: 16 to Hit, 6 damage.

Narunir

Scowling at the way his bolt bounced off of a rock instead of goblin flesh, Narunir quickly reloaded his crossbow and took aim once more, firing at the same goblin while hoping that this time his bolt would fly true...

Move Action: Reloading light crossbow
Attack Action: Attacking same goblin as last time with said crossbow

Crossbow Attack: 1d20=20+4=24 (Crit!)
Crit Confirm: 1d20=5+4=9
Damage if Hit: 1d8=4
Crit Damage If Confirmed: 1d8=7

Lahnu made her way steadily up the incline.

Joel's arrow drilled between the warg's ribs and pierced it's lungs. The monster gave a yelp, and froze, whimpering, tyring not to move shaft around inside it's body.

Avenger stopped and raked it's talons up the goblin's face. THe monster was bloodied but not laid low.

Anonother warg froze too, this one turning to regard Balenor with curiosity in it's eyes as his oh so reasonable words sank deep into it's black little heart.

Baltana's arrow glanced off of the third goblins' shield, then glanced again off of the armor over his hip.

Naruni fired while that goblin's shield was out of line. His quarrel punched through armor to pierce the mosnter's shoulder shallowly.

Goblin 1: 4 Damage
Worg 1: 26 damage.
Goblin 2: No damage.
Worg 2: No damage, failed his save vs. Sugestion.
Goblin 3: 4 damage
Worg 3: No damage.

Tagging: Everyone who hasn't gone yet.

Aramina also moved, using terain for a bit of cover. She made an elaborate gesture toward the third goblin and unleashed three bolts of saphire power.

The goblin howled in pain, but drop!

Goblin 3 takes 12 damage.

Moving with unnatural alacrity, Alyx scrambles up the path towards one of the nearest goblins, claws at the ready as he lashes out with a furious blow against it!

Using psionic hustle to take 2 move actions to move, and then attack the nearest goblin available. 19 to hit for 7 damage

The goblin ambushers were rapidly overwhelmed and destroyed.

The mind controlled Worg finished his own rider, then joined with Avenger to destroy the first goblin. Another arrow from Joel took down the first goblin's mount.

While Alyx, Dahlia, and Naruna took apart the first goblin and his mount, the rest were able to finish the last worg as it came out of Balenor's spell.

Despite the rapid victory, a few of the companions were injured enough that they felt it wise to fall back to town, but many were able to gather the treasure and forage on.

While gathering treasure, it struck the companions quickly that these goblins were surprisingly well equipped.

The dog slicers were of steel, rather than iron or bronze, with a well honed edge. The high quality bows were clearly the work of a master. Several of the arrows were venomed. They had coin, and a number of flasks labeled in their own language using dwarven script.

"Well." Alyx spke, looking a few of the blades over. "it seems these goblins were rather well equipped and prepared. Not the normal sort of greenskin menace." THe man spok, testing the weight of one of the blades. "We should be careful, I doubt goblins will be the only threat out here."

Narunir

The sorcerer's breathing began to steady after they finished off the last of the goblins. "They certainly possessed a degree of tactical cunning," he said to Alyx, agreeing with the Maenad, "There may well be someone, or something, directing them. Perhaps a hobgoblin? Or something more sinister..."

Narunir shook his head after a moment to clear it, "Regardless, we should continue on. Our destination awaits us."

Lahnu sighs as the last goblin was dropped. She’d climbed up the cliff after all, and apparently that had been pointless. Ah well. She picks up one of the dogslicers to inspect it, before saying “take what you can use from the bodies. This might be a long trip, with more fighting. We’ll need to be prepared.”

Balenore cast detect magic over everything, the flask that glow he starts to try and identify the ones that do not he is more careful with as those will be poisons, which he identifies using alchemy.

Balenor noted 6 potions of cure light wounds--two from each goblin--along with three alchemist fire and six antitoxins.

They were all too tall to use the bows, but they were high enouh qaulity that they might be worth selling. the goblins also had some assorted coinage, and they each found themselves 3 platinum, gold, silver, and copper the richer.

Balenore pulls out some potion bottle labels marking them in common while he considers for a moment. "The bows are concerning, not that they have them but rather that I am certain I can sell them they are good quality, which means someone is gearing them out because goblins are not known for their ability to make quality.... well anything. Anyway 6 of us and 6 of each potion I suggest that we give the fire to Lanhu, Alyx and myself since we are the least capable of doing anything close to a spell that mimics the affects."

AC: 17
Active Spells: Endure Elements

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina nodded. "This sounds good to me, Balenor." She frowned a little. "Who would be equipping them..." she murmured. Glancing back up the hill, the sorceress added, "They were strong goblins, but we still had them outnumbered. Why did they bother to attack us instead of falling back for reinforcements?"

Dahlia picked up a broken goblin arrow. "There's some kind of venom on this. They were trying to soften us up. Put some poisoned arrows in it, fall back while the poison does it work, and strike again when we're weaker."

Aramina nodded, "Wicked wolves. It fits with how a wolf would think, if a wolf were wicked."

Dahlia blinked, then blinked again. She stretched up to Alyx and whispered, "This girl thinks more like a druid than I do." After a moment, Dahlia added. "I can do without a healing potion if someone else needs one. Chaunteah's gifts will keep me hale. Does anyone need healing?"

Despite their concerns about the goblins, those of the group who pressed on made it to sundown without further misadventure.

Back
Top Bottom