Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Seeds of Evil) B. 2 Windstrom's Bow

Lahnu looked around from person to person, staring a bit at some of the more scantily clad individuals as she walked towards the group with a nod. “It is good to meet you all. Joel and I bring news. Orcs, and goblins. I believe they’ve met, and either fought, or joined forces. Either way, the threat is greater than previously expected.” She told the group. All business, it seemed.

Baltana

"Sounds similiar to what we heard about", she took in the half-orc weighing up the woman and being happy she looked like she could protect herself, "we have been tasked to wander to some sealed tomb as it might hold assistance", shrugging a bit "not much to go on but if you know anything about it might be good to hear".

“I didn’t scout far enough to see anything like that, but I’ll be sure to keep an eye open and ear to the ground, see if I find anything.” Lahnu nodded.

I think what she is saying is that we are going there and you are coming with us... Though why the Count wanted to meet out here and have us discuss his plans out in the open is beyond me. Are we setting up camp soon?

Balenore had enough he was already in a foul mood for meeting around dark out in the open rather than starting at morning and getting further in, now he finds that the people they are to meet know nothing about this. In his opinion the Count is taking far too many unnecessary risk.

Narunir

Accompanying his recent acquaintances to the meeting place, Narunir nodded to the new, unfamiliar faces. "A shame. Hopefully we will still be able to accomplish our task even with this added difficulty."

"Hello, all. I am a cleric of Sune, may her love ever shine light in the world." Olivia added with a curtsey.

"Yes, no need to stand around," Armond agreed. He guided the group back to the sturdy, secure cottage hidden in a fold in the mountain. "Much better place to camp, though we should still post watches at the arrow slits."

"I can take one of the watches, i've good eye sight." Alyx spoke, thinking for a moment. "Maybe 2nd watch? I wouldn't expect first watch to be too dangerous."

Baltana

"Sounds good - I take it we don't need to be at the tomb at first light or anything" she half asked Dahlia. Looking to Alyx "I might join you for that one - never had much issue seeing in the dark compared to others".

"I'm Joel Winterfel. As Armond said I work for the Count as a scout. Meiliki has blessed me with some druidic magic which I will be happy to use for my comrades."

"Keeping watch is very important, especialy after the tracks we just found. I will volunter for the first watch. Selune will still hang in the sky. My elven blood will help me to see in such light, and there are other senses."

"In the morning, my hawk Avenger can scout ahead and cry warning if we're approached."

The next day, Dahlia and the scouts lead the group into the foothills of the more and parallel to that great plateau to the north. They traveled east, moving along winding footpaths. Usually, only one could walk at a time, though sometimes they moved along dry creek beds where two could march or climb shoulder to shoulder.

Venger soared overhead, floating on the hot air rising from the sun baked rocks.

Anyone who likes: Roll Perception and Survival.
Joel: Also roll Handle Animal to communicate your desires to Venger.
Venger and any other Arial scouts: Roll Perception

Anything else people are trying, feel free to describe. You can add rolls and such.

Fatigue rolls: As the end of the day draw's near, we've been scrambling around in hot, stony badlands for a good ten hours, often climbing as much as hiking. We're young and strong and fit, but this could get to anyone. Roll a fortitude save, modified by things like the Endurance feat. If you don't overcome a 10, you have the Fatigued condition 'til you get a night's rest.

Baltana

She kept her bow handy just in case there was some attack from above, but she was comfortable to walk where others felt it was easiest for her to be - she didn't want to be in the way of magic or the like, she focused more on what the area was like than her surroundings as she moved, there were likely enough others to spot trouble but identifing it before it showed up might be more useful.

Perception 1d20+6 = 11
Survival: 1d20+6 = 19
Fatigue: 1d20+8 = 24

e529982033525ee5c1f99ef09b7a47c1--character-concept-character-ideas.jpg

Ty quietly followed along with the group. She seemed off from when everyone first met her. The cat girl had become a bit despondent and lost in her own head. She even forgot to introduce herself and had been staying to the back of the group. When addressed, she tried to, put up a front but the smile was not her usually easy smile. It seemed strained and she avoided eye contact with the others.

I am out of my element, Ty thought to herself I was sent to help, but because I was afraid of making the wrong judgment, in the face of a subtle evil I froze. Now I am wading into a tomb, with unknown horrors lurking all around. Will I falter again and cause a worse issue this time? The cat girl shivered and shook her head, trying to get out of her own head. but these thoughts just kept rolling around in the back of her mind. Here she was, a successful talented performer acting like a broken servant, eyes down cast and barely able to stay in the moment.

Olivia took the only spot that any who knew the cleric of Sune knew she would take.

Right next to the gorgeous buxom red-head.

"So Aramina. How's this hike treating you?" She beamed brightly at the redhead.

Perception 23=20+3
Hiking save 15=10+5

Joel walked on point, listening for Avenger's warnings. He would occasionally climb off to the side to watch over them from the high ground.

Save vs. Fatigue: 26

Handle Animal: 30
Perception 22
Survival 30

Avenger's Perception 24

Lahnu was walking behind the group, making sure they weren’t being followed. While it likely wasn’t a huge worry, it was much better to waste effort make sure, than not make the effort and wind up stabbed in the kidneys.

Her face kept a stoic expression, but she did leave her hood down. That was her concession to friendliness... admittedly not much, but so far the only person she felt a connection to was Joel, and that was one of, hopefully mutual, respect. He was savvy, and knew how to track prey and live with the land.

Perception: 9+ (Roll) 10= 19
Hiking Save: 19+ 8= 27
Man I wish those were reversed.

Last edited:
Balenore does not seem to be at all impressed with the climb and keeps muttering something about making a carpet first chance he gets.
Fortitude 10
Perception 14

Narunir

For his part, Narunir was rather enjoying their hike through the countryside. Perhaps it was his elven heritage, but there was something relaxing about being out here, with people he considered if not friends, then close acquaintences.

"A flying carpet would no doubt be useful," he commented as he overheard Balenore's comment, "At least, as long as you can stay aware of your surroundings. There's no shortage of stories about people who've forgotten where they were and stepped right off mid-flight."

Perception: 1d20=16+2=18
Survival: 1d20=13+1=14

Fortitude Save: 1d20=11+2=13

Aramina Honeywine

AC: 17
Active Spells: Endure Elements

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina flashed her fellow redhead a cheery smile. The unquenchable redhead had a particularly lovely glow to her from the exertion. Patches of her face and cleavage had picked up dust smears. "I haven't head a hike this good in a while," she replied, grinning, but breathing a little hard.

8 Fortitude Save (Fatigued)
Survival: 18 (Doesn't notice anything.)
Perception 5 (Oblivious.)

Dahlia mostly stayed close to Alyx. The priestess of the Earth Mother occasionally through curious and somewhat awkward glances at the more scantily clad girls. At one break for lunch she brought Ty a bar of oats and dried fruit with honey and made an effort to get to know the cat girl a bit better, complimenting her on her outfit--and being albe to wear it on th road.

Would he like me better if I dressed more like them? I could. I'm already using my magic to stay comfortable, I don't need my coat. I wonder if Balenor could make me a more revealing armor like that...

Even with a rather large kite shield sung from a living Zarand tree slung across her back, and a pack over her hips, the sienna skinned girl wasn't bothered too much by the walk. She kept liquid black eyes sharp and bright, only occasionally lingering over Alyx or the other girls to the point of distraction.

Fortitude Save 15 (Passed)
Perception 20
Survival 21

In the last hour or so, between Joel's woodslore and Dahia's oneness with nature, they had found--on two seperate occasionas, paw prints on the rocky road. Joel beleived they were a few hours old at most. All Dahlia could add on that account was that they couldn't have lasted too long in the blowing dust of the foothills of the More.

Before much longer, a call from Avenger and some specific cirlces told Joel that the falcon believed it had spotted danger to the north.

A few minutes later, Dahlia, Joel, Lahnu Narunir, and Olivia wary of the North, spotted a lone goblin on worg back, well made short bow in one hand, passing out of cover and continuing along towards fresh concealment, to the north hand higher up the rise. It was about ninty feet away, and trying to reach it woud entail scrambing up a 65 degree slope strewn with loose scree.

“Has it seen us?” Lahnu crouched down, Glad that her greyish-green skin and mottled cloak blended in with the forest. “I say we follow it, do some reconnaissance, get more information.”

While her words seemed to preach caution, her hands gripped her swords in a white-knuckles grip, studying the goblin.

Balenore looks askance at Lahnu, readying his new shield and dagger, preparing to attack the wolf and rider.

You are joking right? Worgs are highly perceptive and it does not matter if it has seen us soon it will smell us or hear us, no we need to take that beast out now. The goblin is actually secondary Worgs are not only more intelligent but faster and vastly more dangerous. If anything it will pretend not to know we are around and lead us straight into an ambush.

Lahnu squints at the goblin, and the worg below it, to see if what she knew meshed with what Balenore said.
Sense motive (target: Goblin): Roll (1)+ Wisdom (1)+ ranks (5)+ Class bonus (3)= 10
Nature (Worgs): Roll (7)+ intelligence (3)= 10
Lahnu grunted, and while her face made her doubt plain, she didn’t dispute it. She couldn’t recall anything that directly contradicted him.

Ty saw Dahlia Approach and she gave a smile but here eyes showed the weight of mental and emotional fatigue weighing her down and she took the offered bar "Thank you for the food and compliment um Dahlia was it. Well there is a secret to this out fit that makes it a bit more suitable to wearing it on the road. The next time we camp or have a private moment not on the road to solving the next problem I can show you the secret."
Here eyes flashed with a bit of mirth for second then the weighed down look in her eyes returned. " Sorry I am usually much better company then this but I am just not myself right now."
****​
Ty drew her mace and waited for the battle to begin.

Roll Result: 1d20, adding 3 to the total
Comment:
Result: 1,
Total: 4

Back
Top Bottom