Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Seeds of Evil) B. 2 Windstrom's Bow

Narunir

Narunir inclined his head to the high priestess as she walked in, showing due respect if nothing else. "Such talismans, if they're truly blessed with a portion of divine power, may very well be of use in the coming fight," the half-elf commented, "I don't need to do much in order to prepare for this task, I can be ready whenever everyone else is."

The woman in the green dress gave a bright smile. “You're quite a charming liar, Balenor. The church's teachings on hygiene and agriculture—and the power the gods give myself and a few other ministers in this town—give us health and long life as humans measure things. Dahlia is hardly the youngest of my grandchildren, and I hope to see another two decades before Chaunteah calls me home.

“Baltana, I agree with Balenor's assessment of my granddaughter's power—and that of this group as well. She can work spells of the second circle and match the militia boys in weapons' training. She has begun to learn the ways of shape changing as well.”

Hmm... Does it seem as though I lie? Forgive me, I must not be capable of judging the way humans age adequately.
Still we must be ready for anything, I would suggest we leave at first light tomorrow so we have the rest of the day to prepare. Does anyone require my assistance with anything?

Aramina was looking around at the older people, biting her lower lip a bit to hold in questions.

I should pay attention to the quest. Now is no time to ask how long it will take me to get old... That's a silly question anyway, isn't it? Trisa said mortals were sensitive about age...

The redhead decided she'd ask someone those questions later. She flashed a smile. "I can leave any time. I keep everything i own in my backpack if I'm not wearing it... Well, we should probably pick up some more food on the way out of town. Those hills don't look too friendly.

"The last two in the vision," the Count explained, "Are currently scouting the foothills of the Moore. I was hoping you could meet them at a rendezvous point an hour north of Honeytown at sunset. If you need more time I'll have a messenger prepare to bring them in for the night."

When the preparations would begin, the kitchens would supply them each with 10 days of trail rations (1lbs each) and 2 waterskins (8 lbs each)--including for the scout. It would be explained that Dahlia had volunteered to use her magic to supply them with water, and Aramina mentioned that--if anyone was overburdened by the food, her bad could easily hold fifty pounds of rations.

"The trail is tight and irregular," the priestess explained, "a risk to horses. It's best to go on foot, though a spirited war horse or sturdy pack mule might come along--especially with magical healing to ensure their health.

"On foot, if nothing goes wrong, the journey is three days in and three days out."

Baltana

"Can leave today if you like and are providing the supplies" she tended to travel light and was interested in how her investments went without her oversight.

Considering for a second "two items though, firstly what protections are on the tomb - I assume that it has some otherwise it would likely be looted by bandits, adventurers or the like. Secondly if both you and her had visions and the visions are meant to lead you to the tomb how do you know you are not also meant to go there?" the first was much more important to her than the second - if she would be fighting specific creatures, walking dead, fairies etc she wanted to know - the second was just curiosity more than anything.

Aisha nodded to Baltanna. "The dream came to us both," the nut brown woman expaiend, "but neither of us saw me departing with the group.

"I am uncertain as to the exact protections of the tomb. I have read the journal of one of the men who made a pilgrimage there. He said that the doorway to the tomb was mortared shut in a seal imprinted with the holy symbol of Gwaeron. The seal was marked and pitted. He believed two attempts had been made to break it open throuhg the years, but the door was still sealed.

"He knelt to offer prayer. When he rose again, he was challenged three times. First by an enemy he hated. Next by an enemy he feared. The third challenge he said he did not believe Gwaeron wished him to reveal, but there was a tear-stain on the journal there.

"Upon completing the challenges, he found that the seal had vanished and the tomb had opened of it's own volition. He said he was given council there by the spirit of Valon Windstrider, and found a sword atop the sarcophagus after the spirit departed."

"When he left, the tomb shut itself and the seal disappeared.

"Until these visions, I knew only vaguely where the tomb might be found, but the way there is clear in both my mind and DAhlia's now. I suspect that is the primarily defense upon the tomb--through some illusion or enchantment it is rarely if ever found by accident."

Baltana

She nodded along at the explanation, "ok makes sense - I will have to ask her when she gets here what she hates and fears than so, and if she is meant to face such on her own" mulling it over she felt that a little knowledge could often be worse than none but decided to ask anyway "not overly familiar with religion - never had much of a care except to be a faithful lay worshiper and avoid the wall - so can you fill me in a bit on this Gwaeron in case there are any pitfalls that might be avoided by knowing more don't want to accidentally offend".

Narunir

"The magics of the divine are not my specialty," Narunir commented as he considered the words of the priestess, "However some kind of illusion or ward seems likely. After all, in many stories the hero finds a weapon or artifact in a place that you'd think it would have stood out to others in years prior."

He looked between his companions. "If at all possible, I'd like to leave as soon as possible. The better to aid Honeytown as quickly as we can."

Alyx gave a small shrug. "I know little about the divine powers and their magic myself." Lookingback to Narumir he gave another quiet nod. "I'm ready to go whenever. I should be able to help us rough out the journey, I am well versed on surviving out in the wilds at least."

Olivia with a wink started to place the food into her cleavage, it disappearing as she did so. Winking at Aramina as she did so.

"I am ready to leave when others are as well." Olivia remarked.

Olivia broke out into a wide grin at Aramina's bounce. "Huh? What?" She asked getting a little flushed on her cheek.

Aramina would see nothing but down Olivia's shirt. "Excuse me." Olivia fake huffed. "If you're going to try peeking down my bra. You could always show me yours." She teased with a wink

Olivia let out a moan of desire at that. "Maybe if you let me nuzzle your chest I'll answer your questions." She offered hopefully.

YS5piT6.png

Dahlia proved to be a petite and curvaceous young beauty with smooth sienna skin and a raven wing hair spilling down her back. She wore an emerald green and yellow ensemble like her grandmother's--a robe Bale had enchanted not long ago. Soft brown boots and a hide armor bodice completed the ensemble. Unlike when Alyx had first met her, Dahlia wasn't wearing her brown leather jacket, but showed her shoulder and cleavage with pride. She did carry a large rectangular shield of dark wood with a sickle sheathed at her back.

After introductions were exchanged, they were Count Adrian gave them letters for Joel and Lahnu, along with extra rations and instructions to meet the two in a small lodge in the foothills of the high more north of Honeytown.

A few hours later, as the sun was sinking towards the horizon in the west, Joel and Lahnu found an unfamiliar group approaching them. They recognized the curvy young woman who offered them a dimpling smile and a wave as Dahlia, granddaughter of the High Priestess of Chaunteah in Honeytown. The others were new to them, though when they'd last been in town they'd heard the stories of a group of powerful travelers who discovered that the Sargent of the Night Watch was in fact some form of demonic ogre in disguise.

Ty nodded " I can leave whenever I would just need my cart to be kept somewhere safe and my oxen stabled."

Ty walked along with the group quietly watching the surroundings as she traveled with everyone.

Baltana

She nodded to the young woman when she entered but her mind was on the mission ahead, she truely wasn't sure what she would be facing yet but she guessed they didn't either so there was no point in continuing to question it.

As others did not seem to be stepping forward to greet those they approached she choose to do so, "greetings - we are from the count, are you those we are to meet", if they weren't it was better to determine who they were quickly.

55ef8cb13393a4727d80608072f882bd--female-armor-female-knight.jpg

Abigail Marteau
Abigail had remained pensive for some time. The events that had occurred, and been prophesied to occur, were not of the level of the epic heroes one hears about, but were nonetheless both worrying, concerning, and felt like the call she had been truly waiting for. As for the divine tomb they were seeking - Lathander encouraged his followers to seek out, to improve themselves. So long as she did not forsake her god or his principles in her quest, Abigail was confident that they would prevail either way.

The two hunters before them were interesting, however... well-used to the wilds, they seemed at ease in their surroundings, despite the marauding hordes out on the prowl.

A buxom young redhead in a scanty armor of living leaves glanced at Baltana, then up at the two new people. "How will they know if they are? Oh, urm..." She thought for a moment, then flashed them a smile, "Excuse me. We have letters from the count to meet up wtih two scouts. Could you tell us your names please so we know if you're the people these go too? I'm Aramina by the way."

Along with the strangers and the young priestess was someone Lahnu and Joel did know, an outrider named Armond who worked for the Count. (He was a veteran. A powerfully built man in his thirties with a bit of property belly that didn't diminish his strength in the slightest.)

“Lahnu, Joel,” Armond called out as he was catching up. “It's good to see you both. I believe you know Dahlia, granddaughter of the High Priestess of Chaunteah? The Count has a mission for you all, based on dreams the High Priestess had. There's details in the letters these freeblades bring, but the short of it is that Dahlia will guide you to a holy sight of the god Shandakul in search of talismans. I was to introduce you and bring back your scout report.

“The red haired lass in the leaves is Aramina. The other redhead is Olivia. The silver haired elf is Balenor. The raven haried lass is Baltana. The blond lass in full armor is Abigail. The cat girl is Ty. The half elf with silver hair is Narunir. The fellow with the sort of shimmer to him is Alyx.

Armond turned to the ones he'd ridden out with. “These are two of the finest freeblades to join our scouts. The lad is Joel, the lass is Lahnu. They are skilled as both scouts and warriors.

Back
Top Bottom