Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“No. I asked her to make her special German hot chocolate and she told me to make it but Andre and Aidan said I don’t make it right and then asked her to make it and now she is making it.” She smiled. “She melts real chocolate and adds cream and I got little marshmallows and whipped cream.” She did a happy dance. “Unless you want to use the whipped cream tonight.” She whispered.

She looked at the clock, “I’ll give him another twenty minutes and then take him upstairs. You can get the movie ready and get me a blanket. You know set up our movie time.” She smiled.

She got out of his lap and took one more bite of his omelette. She went into the kitchen to watch her mom make the hot chocolate. She grabbed Owen and took him upstairs so she could get him down for a nap. He fought big time but eventually he was out and Adri turned on the baby monitor and went back downstairs to make a cup of hot chocolate and go snuggle with her Boo.

"Oh. I was going to give you a hard time if you asked your mom to get you your hot chocolate. While she tried to watch her movie and knit." He told her and gave her a look but that look soon turned into a grin. 'You know...Santa may want it."

He raised an eyebrow. He wondered if she meant their movie time from last night or a whole different situation. "I can do that." He told her and gave a nod. Her brothers mentioned watching Die Hard instead of a Hallmark movie.

Before Adri took him upstairs, Jake gave him a kiss as he took his plate to the kitchen. He grabbed a blanket, snacks, and a drink and carried it down to the theater. The guys waited and talked football and UFC as they waited for Adri to join them.

She smiled and nodded her head. “We will see how much Santa...” she raised her eyes brows. “Did you get a Santa...elephant thing?!” She asked. “Is that my Christmas Eve present? I might die if it is.” She laughed.

Adri sat with her hot chocolate and the boys all asked where theirs was. They all had to go make their own and Adri cuddled into Jake. “this is so not going to last. You’re too hot and I’m drinking something hot.” She sipped on her hot chocolate and her eyes rolled back. It had a mountain of whipped cream and under that marshmallows. And topped with chocolate shavings.

“I’ll make you one if you want Boo.” She said and took another sip and got whipped cream on her nose.

Jake shook his head. "No. You know I petty much hate those things. You know why? I can't stay in them very well." He chuckled and shrugged.

"You didn't even bring mine?" His jaw dropped. "I can take my shirt off if that helps. But then your brothers will see the marks you left last night. Not sure that's the best idea." He smiled and kissed her lips before giving her shoulder a kiss.

He smiled and chuckled a bit before kissing her nose. "No it's okay. I can go get it." He stretched but didn't get up. Andre was nice enough to bring some down for him.

They started the movie and it was nice to just sit and relax together with no work or stress.

“Aw.” She pouted. “You don’t keep them on either. That’s not a bad problem to have. Well in your case it’s not.” She smirked.

“I didn’t know if you would want one. It is basically liquid carbs. I was willing to share the same way you share your omelette with me.” She told him honestly.

It quickly became too hot and Adri kicked the blanket off so she didn’t have to move away from Jake. And then she shifted her legs away so they weren’t touching him but her upper half was. Once she was finished with her drink she set it on the table and watched the movie until her eyes closed and she was watching the back of her eyelids.

He smiled and chuckled. "I'll just go naked. It's cheaper." He told her.

He shrugged. "I'll just have Luke kick my ass in two days. It's fine. No big deal. I'm not dreading it or anything. I'm going to have a lot of carbs and calories. It's Christmas. Merry Christmas to mee! Getting to eat what I want." He smiled. "Dude have you seen The Rock's diet. That boy can freaking eat. I could never eat that much food and you know me. I eat."

Maria came down after their movie and took a photo of everyone watching the movie. It was cute that Adri was basically asleep. "After the movie, send her up to help bake. I need her help." Jake agreed that he would.

“I’m sure if you trained like the Rock does you would be able to eat like he does. You train hard Boo multiple times a day but you are doing that to stay the way you are. The Rock has only gotten bigger,” She but her tongue, “it makes sense he has a big appetite to fuel the burn.” She quickly recovered.

Adri moved when the baby monitor started to make noise. She stretched her back and noticed a new movie was on. “Oh no did I miss it?” She joked and snuggled up with Jake. She listened to the baby monitor and heard Owen waking up and starting to talk. “Why don’t you go get him Daddy?” She asked.

Andre let her know mom wanted her and she went to the kitchen. She put on an apron and started making cookies with her mother.

Around three the doorbell rang which was odd since no one knew they were out here. Everyone was in the living room again watching TV while stuff baked. When she opened the door Santa came walking in but it was Nick in a Santa suit. And he had presents on his back.

“I’m sorry to crash the party. I thought I would stop by really quick before heading to my parents.” He explained. “Hohoho? And I have this for Jake.” He said and pulled out a script for Jake.

Owen was wary until he heard Nick’s voice and then her grabbed his leg. When he was picked up he tore off the beard.

He just looked at her unamused. "You need a shovel?" He asked her, raising an eyebrow. "No one needs to be that muscular. And you need to stop having crushes on all the cool guys I could be friends with."

"Yep. You missed it. Now you'll never know how it ends. We will have to rewatch it now." He teased and gave her a kiss before going to get Owen.

Jake went in the bedroom and smiled at Owen. "I bubbas! Did you have a good sleep O?" He picked him up and gave him kissed before rubbing his back. He was still waking up.

He carried him down to see Adri. He smiled at Adri but snuggled in to Jake. They hung out upstairs so he could play.

When Santa arrived, Jake chuckled. "Hey! Thanks Santa. Santa even makes script deliveries. Owen who is that?" He 'hohohed." Jake laughed.

“No one is stopping you from being friends with him.” She told him. “I would love for you to have a friend like the Rock. You could be a part of his movie group. That could be exciting.” She smiled

“Is that Uncle Nick?” Adri asked Owen and took him so Nick could get comfortable. “How long can you stay!” She asked him.

“A couple hours. The jet is waiting to take me home.” He told them. He gave Jake and Adri a hug and then went inside to say hello to their parents and be introduced to her siblings again.

Adri made up a plate of desserts for everyone and set them on the main table in the living room. “Be careful. Owen will snatch anything from your hand if you aren’t paying attention and if you are paying attention he will just demand a bite.” She scooped Owen up and tossed him in the air.

“Is Jake going to be the bad guy?” She asked and looked at the script.

"It's not fun being friends with guys that your fiance has a crush on. It feels...competitiony." He told her. "Do you want to be friends with Anna Kendrick?"

Owen pointed to Santa. "Ni!? Hoho Ni!" Jake laughed. "Yep Uncle Nick is a hoho!" He teased him and chuckled. It was cute when the kid said it.

Jake gave a nod. "It's true. He's a moocher." He tickled his tummy before Adri got him.

Nick smiled at Owen, "I don't mind sharing. I have to watch what I eat for the show. Damn diets." Jake agreed on that. "Actually, yes. Well he starts off as a bad guy, who..." Jake shook his head and his eyes went to Stacey. Nick stopped and he gave a nod. "Well it's in the script. It's...going to be good. He will have a recurring role. I will tell you that much."

Jake smiled and gave a nod. "Awesome. I'm down with that. Thanks man."

"The writers like you, a lot. I may have to be careful or they may take you and cut me from the show." He laughed a bit. "I did bring gifts."

“I would t mind being friends with her actually. We can burst in to a Broadway song. It would be amazing.” She smiled.

“I’m totally reading I’m skipping to the juicy bits though. Where he takes off his shirt and is all oiled up.” She joked.

“You did! For Owen right?” She asked. “Yours should be at your parents house. And not to brag but I am an excellent gift giver and I got you something special.” She smiled cockily.

Nick pulled out gifts for their mothers and father first and then her brothers, Stacey and then Jake, Owen and Adri. “I didn’t want anyone to feel left out.” He told them. “Please open them while I’m here.” He laughed nervously.

The brothers got a nice whiskey set with their names on it, Stacey got a luxurious spa set with lotion and bath cream and what not. The mother’s got a really nice bottle of wine. And their father’s got a personalized Swiss Army knife. Owen got a toy music set that came with a guitar and microphone stand. Jake got an Italian designer watch, all hand made. Adri got an old school signed Jonas brother shirt, which made her squeal with delight.

“My preteen heart is so happy!” She laughed and hugged it to her chest. “I’m never wearing it.” She told him. “Thank you Nick. I love it!” She smiled and hummed one of the Jonas brother’s songs Year 3000.

"Well that logic backfired in my face." He sighed defeated.

"Yeah Adri asked to be the one to oil me up. I couldn't say no. But did tell her it's not my say." Jake told Nick with a smile.

Jake was appreciative but told him he didn't need to get them all anything. Owen was more then enough. Owen loved his music set and already was fighting to get the box open to play with it. "Nick, he's still going to want to be a fighter when he gets bigger, sorry about your luck." He told him but thanked him.

Jake loved his watch, putting it on. It was really nice. He rolled his eyes as Adri fan girled over her shirt. "Wow babe. Just so you're understanding, my gift cost a lot more than yours. He probably had the shirt laying around..." He teased and smiled.

“Say thank you to Santa.” She told Owen and took the box so she could get it open. “Say thank you.” She said again and pointed at nick. Owen ran over and said a version of thank you and grabbed his hat and put it on his head.

“Who cars? This is a keepsake. A timeless keepsake! And he remembered that this what I asked him for like eight months ago. So suck it.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

She got the box open and gave him the colorful plastic guitar and he took it and ran. He sat down and started pushing buttons which started the music and he would dance while he was sitting down.

“He can be dancing and singing fighter.” She teased Jake.

"Thanks Santa!" Jake said and ran over and picked him up in a big bear hug being goofy. Nick just laughed. "Dude, you're so light."

Amy rolled her eyes. "Nick run. You're the little brother he never had." She giggled and rubbed her stomach before watching Owen.

Jake stuck his tongue out at his sister. "When so we start shooting man? I'm expecting Dana to call after the holidays for a fight."

Owen stood up to dance and started his version of a twerk. Jake stopped and looked at Adri. "Adriana Jones! What did you teach our son?!" His eyes widened but smiled.

“Well principal cast start shooting mid January. And then we are going to call you down probably late January to a few weeks into February.” He told him. “The dates are still up in the air but that is the schedule I have.”

Adri smiled when Owen’s started to twerk. She playfully smacked his little butt when he had it up in the air. “If I taught him how to twerk he would ha e better form than that. I would show you but my parents don’t need to see all that.”

“Your parents?! What about us!” Aidan exclaimed.

Her mother stood up, “I could dance in my day.” She started to dance with Owen.

“But can you back it up mom!” Adri encourage. “Like him?”

Maria laughed and danced like Owen bouncing her butt completely awkwardly. Adri got up and showed her how to do it.

“You two have younger hips!” She laughed and sat back down. Adri danced with Owen’s but more.

“Nick you want to go now. Tour?” She asked. “I won’t show you all the rooms but we should show you around.” She said and picked up Owen, so the four of them could go on a tour.

After the tour they chilled out in the movie room so they could gossip and be alone. Nick was just as surprised when he found out Stacey and Drew were getting married.

Jake put it in his phone so he would have an idea of when shooting would start. It probably shouldn't really effect training. He could still get workouts in, hell they had a gym on set. "Sounds good man. Thanks."

He just shook his head as he watched Owen then Adri and her mother shaking their butts. "What am I witnessing?!" He asked with his eyes wide like he was traumatized. "Do not teach our son bad habits. I don't care if he dances but maybe break dancing. Jake got up and did a spin before going up on his hands before going back down.

Jake kept Owen busy in the movie room as they talked. "Yeah. I'm not thrilled. They are being kind of rude too about it. Not wanting anyone but her parents and Owen there. So then drama started when we so no to Owen going. We're still hanging out New Years right?" Nick had started to become part of the family and he liked that. "I don't trust her. I won't leave the script laying. I'll lock it in the safe in my room."

“You can only do that because you have a gymnastics background.” She told him. “That really shouldn’t count.”

Nick nodded, “Yeah. We are totally doing something. It sounds like you need get away. Maybe come to my place instead?” Nick asked. “LA for New Years. There will be tons to do. And you can bring Owen and your nanny along.” He smiled.

Adri rolled her eyes, “She’s off limits. No, John is going to watch him. My parents will keep him over night but while they are at the wedding John and Eileen will watch him.” Adri said. “So Jake and I are all yours. I am more than happy to go to LA we can leave home the thirtieth and come back the second?” She asked Jake. “Sound good?”

He stuck his tongue out. "Not true. It's because I'm awesome." He made his pecks dance with a smile.

Jake looked at Adri. "You're sure about LA?" He asked. It was a tough place for her but if she was ready and willing to go, he'd be all for it. "I'm fine if you want to. Owen is being watched so may as well skip town." He gave a nod.

"What can we do to help throw the best party?" Jake asked. Owen ran over to Nick and gave him his guitar but sang and dance. "I think someone knows you can play and he will sing. You may want to call your brothers, let them know you have someone who wants to join." He teased.

Adri shrugged, “I’ll have you and Nick. I feel better going with you than going on my own.” She said. “And I don’t want to take you too far away from training.” She explained. “A flight to New York and back will take a lot out of you. LA is easy since it’s the same time zone.”

Nick frowned, “Oh no. I’m not throwing anything. We are going to them. As many as you want. We just need to find the right one to stay at when the ball drops. Or we can go to a club. I do have invitations at home. When I get back I’ll send them to you so we can pick them out.” Nick said excitedly.

“When I retire he can take my spot.” He said and pushed a button to make the song start.

“Want to do a song for the fans?” She asked Nick. “Baby it’s cold outside. We can go out into the snow! Oh please?!?!” She begged until she broke him. “Jake will you film?” She asked. “Please?” She begged him too.

“Let’s just do it live on Instagram.” She told them. “It’ll be fun. Come on!” She said and dragged them to the master bedroom where they could see the snow falling and the snow covered trees. It was the perfect backdrop. Owen followed after them and looked out the window at the snow.

Jake smiled and gave her a quick kiss. It meant a lot she was concerned about his training for his fight. "I appreciate the thought babe. But yeah, LA seems easy enough."

"Going to parties is even better. Yeah sounds like fun. Just let me know what invites and we can discuss it. If you have any from anyone from the show, we may want to hit one or two. Just saying, it would maybe look good." He smiled and looked at Adri.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Fine I'll record it. But it's rude to shut me out of this video." He teased. "I'm giving you crap on the video. Cause I can." They went upstairs and he started recording.

"I like how Nick shows up and you get him on your social media and I'm forgotten." He teased. "Owen isn't forgotten though." He showed him twerking again. "I didn't teach him!"

“I’m not shutting you out. But for the record you can’t sing.” She teased and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “You can be in the last bit of the video and tell everyone Happy and Merry Christmas with us.” She told him.

They had to practice a couple time and look up the lyrics so they got it right. When they were ready they made sure Jake was actually recording and had a video of the snow outside. It was a quick song and Adri had to pick up Owen half way through. At the end of the song Jake joined in and they all waved at the camera and said Merry Christmas to everyone.

Adri and Nick watched it. Owen was mesmerized by the snow so it was pretty quiet. They did sound good together though. She sent the video to Nick and Jake as well.

“I don’t know what I should caption it.” She said softly.

“Oh. ‘Saint Nick came for a visit. Thank you Jake for recording the moment.’” She smiled at Jake and kissed him.

Jake looked at her shocked, "What?! Excuse me. I can to sing. But that's fine. I can even play guitar but that's fine. I'll be your camera man. It's fine." He teased.

While they figured out the words and tried it a few times, Jake kept an eye on Owen. But then he recorded it for them and it only needed one take. "I'm not sure how I feel about you two singing together all the time." He narrowed his eyes at them as if he was thinking it over.

Jake took Owen inside before he got too cold. Jake held his hand as they walked in. Owen ran around looking for Max. "Baby, I'm going to go find Max with Owen. Hang out a bit." He gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Love you."

She rubbed his back, “I love you Boo. You and Nick can send me a video of you two singing Happy Birthday and Valentine’s Day since you will be filming with him instead of showering me with gifts.” She sighed playfully.

She thanked Jake for filming them and gave him a big kiss. “I love you too.” She told him. Nick told he loved him as well, just to mess with him.

Adri and Nick sat on a couch in the room and talked for a little bit. They hadn’t seen each other in a while so they caught each other up on stuff. They went back downstairs to sit with everybody again and stayed for lunch and then he had to go so he could visit his family.

When he was gone, Adri sat next to Jake and yawned. “I could go for another nap.” She told him and wrapped her arm around his waist. “What about you? Wanna grab Owen and take a family nap?”

Jake shook his head. "Nope. Apparently I can't sing." He teased back with a sigh.

He stopped and smiled looking at Nick. "Hey! Quiet. She will hear you. Then our secret will be out." He teased right back then smiled at Adri like nothing was going on before stepping out. Owen played with his toys and chased Max around a while.

After lunch Jake told Nick bye. Owen gave Nick a hug and told him thank you again before Nick left. Jake looked at Adri. "You're tired again? Seriously?" He asked. "Yeah we can go lay down. I can't say I'll sleep but I'll cuddle with you two. If he lays down and sleeps." Owen was rubbing his eyes so it was very likely. "You okay?" He asked softly.

“Don’t judge me. It’s Christmas Eve.” She told him and stretched her arms and legs out. “Yes, I can use another nap.”

Adri shrugged her shoulders, “That sounds good to me.” She picked up Owen and kissed his temples. “Come on.” She told Jake and took Owen upstairs. She took off his diaper and tried to have him use the little potty but he was tired and he wasn’t having it right now she put on a new one and took him to the bedroom. She washed her hands and then climbed in bed with him.

Owen was unsurprisingly out really quickly. He snuggled up to Jake and he was asleep. Adri watched them and pulled a blanket up over her body.

“I’m fine. Are you okay?” She asked softly and reached out to hold his hand.

Back
Top Bottom