Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He smiled. "Maybe I should get us some protein shakes?" He asked and chuckled. This is a good workout."

Jake showered with her and it was hard to keep his hands and lips off of her. He was kissing her lips, head and shoulders. After their shower he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her head. "You don't have to thank me babe. I love being intimate together."

He smiled. "We aren't done having that fun on this trip." He told her. "I can't wait to just relax tomorrow and better be snuggly. You and Owen. Snuggles with food baking and we're watching Christmas movies."

“Me too.” She smiled. “I wonder if mom will make chocolate chip pancakes. Or French toast! Oh I’d rather have French toast and bacon and sausage and a full spread.” She turned to look at him.

“Owen will have no problem snuggling you. I’m drinking hot chocolate and curling up with a blanket. I can’t cuddle you while I do that, I might die of heat stroke.” She teased. “I guess I could get rid of the blanket.”

She gave him a kiss and rubbed his cheek, “I hope you like your Christmas present.” She told him. “I got you two things that I really think you will appreciate and the rest is all stuff I know you wouldn’t buy yourself.” She said.

“I’ll tell you something if you tell me something...” she offering. “Something small!” She turned to lay on her back. “You go first.”

"I could go for french toast for sure. Cinnamon french toast. Yes!" Jake gave a nod.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You'd be fine. Punk." He shook his head. "Just don't dress so warmly. You'll be fine." He smiled.

"I'm sure I'll love it. I love everything you get me babe." He kissed her hand that was rubbing his cheek. "I hope you like yours. I never know what to get for Christmas." He confessed. "I know what you like but it's not sentimental you know?"

He laughed and shook his head. "No way! I'm not dumb." He shook his head.

“I would wear a tank top but I have bite marks all over my neck and shoulder so I don’t know how that will be received.” She laughed. “I’ll see what you packed and find something nice and cool to wear.”

She smiled and nudged him with her hip, “Boo if you got it for me it will be sentimental.” She told him. “Everything you do for me, even the super small things, mean a lot to me. I love you.”

She made a face and held out her pinky, “Here. Pinky promise. You say one thing and I will say one thing.” She told him. “That’s fair, right?”

He smiled, "You were the one who wanted to mark me, it's only fair love. Only fair." He bit at her shoulder again.

Jake smiled a little. "Thanks babe. I love you too." He didn't know why that wasn't something he thought of because he was the same way with what she got him.

He thought about it. "Something small?" He asked raising his eyebrow. "I want you to be surprised babe. That's the point of Christmas morning. You get to open one gift tomorrow, isn't that good enough?" He smiled and rubbed her side.

"That is not the point of Christmas morning! Christmas is about spending time with family." She reminded him. "Jeez, I am not that vain." She laughed.

She turned the light off and curled into his side. "Merry Christmas Eve." She smiled. "I love you." She told him and wrapped her arm around him.

"I wish I could give you he best Christmas present of all." She said softly. "Maybe one year." She said softly, the first time she was hopeful about it happening. For Jake she would try to be positive and see the positive side of it. It was difficult but being negative would push him away and she wanted to keep him close for the rest of her life.

"Okay that's the point of getting gifts for others to open on Christmas morning. Duh." He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

He hugged her close. "Merry Christmas Eve baby." He smiled. "I'll give you a hint. Or two. One is romantic. One you can use once we are married." He gave her a grin.

"Adge..." He said softly. "Babe, I want to give you that gift. I want you that happy. I'm keeping faith like my old King James said I'm supposed to. I've been praying for God to do whatever it is our journey is supposed to be." He gave her a soft kiss before giving her another peck. If she was losing faith, he would keep it for both of them.

After awhile of laying with her, he began falling asleep with her in his arms.

“Keep that faith babe. That’s why I can’t let you go.” She said softly and squeezed his arm against her. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

She fell asleep with him, it helped that she had a reassuring arm around her body. They slept in longer than everyone else in the cabin. The only reason why she woke up was because someone let Owen and Max in to wake them up. And he cane in screaming and laughing.

Adri groaned and turned on her stomach and put her head under the pillow. Owen was on Jake’s side grabbing at the blanket trying to climb up but the bed was too high. When he got frustrated he started to whine for Jake’s attention.

He gave her a squeeze. "Good thing your many attempts to get rid of me from day one was a failure." He teased with a smiled. "You don't ever have to worry about being without me baby. I love you. We've come too damn far to give up now." He said softly.

Jake growled when Owen came in with too much energy and loud. Then he whined. Jake leaned over and picked him up. "Shhh. It's too early for loud buddy. Shhhh." Owen wasn't being quiet. He jumped up and down on his dad and he frowned.

"Get mommy. Where's mommy?" He asked Owen but Max was already playing the game and put his front paws up on the bed and sniffed under the pillow for Adri. Owen thought it was hilarious. Jake tickled him.

“Hi Max.” She laughed and got licked across the face. She pulled the pillow off her face and rubbed his head. She looked on the other side of her and smiled at Owen. “Hi Buddy.” She leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Can we cuddle?” She asked him and held her arms out. He slid off of Jake and onto the bed and hit her shoulder with his hard head. She groaned in pain and rubbed his head. “You okay?” She asked and kissed the top of his head.

“That really hurt.” She whined and rubbed her shoulder. Owen wiggled free and started jumping on the bed again. Max jumped up and laid at their feet and watched Owen.

Adri looked at Jake, “We have to tire him out. You think he can handle a walk in the snow?” She asked.

Jake laughed as Max licked her face. When she smiled at Owen, he smiled back. He was ready to go full of energy.

Jake stretched and yawned. "He has my hard head, he's fine. It didn't even phase him." He looked at Owen. "Did you have breakfast?" Jake looked at Adri. "They wouldn't have let is sleep through breakfast right?" He was obviously hungry.

"We can try to take him. Is any of his gifts something that will wear him out?" He asked and sat up to get dressed. "Does he play fetch like Max?" He chuckled and picked Owen up before tossing him gently back on the bed which made him laugh hysterically.

“It phased me. I’m the one with the hurt shoulder.” She complained. She laughed when he said he wanted breakfast. She looked at the clock and nodded her head, “They totally ate with out us.” She said softly and moved closer to Jake.

“We can have our own breakfast. Or maybe they have something in the microwave saved for us.” She said and closed her eyes.

“There is a bat and ball set that Santa got him. If I can figure out which present it is we can let him have that. The basketball set might be easier to find though.” She shrugged her shoulder. “If I can find the box without tearing the tree apart he is totally opening that present early!”

She pinched Owen’s cheek and said, “I do t think Santa will mind.”

Jake moved and kissed her shoulder and rubbed it. "He does have a hard head like me. Sorry." He gave her a look like someone just ruined Christmas. "What?! They ate without us? Why would they do that? Such savages." He sighed and pouted.

"I'll make breakfast. I need food babe. I worked out multiple times last night." He smiled.

Jake gave a nod. "Basketball set. But now the kid knows. You ruined it." He shook his head. "Poor bud." He put on athletic pants he got from Reebok for one of the fights and a hoodie that has the sleeves cut off. "Does this reveal anything?"

“It’s ten babe. Yes, they ate without us. And we slept through the good smells. Have fun in the kitchen if my mom is cooking. You’re going to get whacked with a wooden spoon!” She warned him.

She put one of Jake’s shirts on and got out of bed. She found some shorts and slipped those on under the shirt. She shook her head, “You look good to me.” She smiled and picked Owen up and Owen immediately wanted Jake.

“He used to be mine.” She sighed and handed him over to his dad. “I’m going to find that set while you make breakfast.” She told him.

"They should have woke us up when breakfast was ready. That was rude." He told her and yawned, still a little tired. He grabbed a hat and put it on cause his hair looked awful after checking it in a mirror.

He kissed her and smiled. "You look to me too. Mmm sexy." He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

Jake looked at her and kissed her cheek. "He's still yours. Give him an hour and he won't want me." He carried him downstairs. "I bet they fed him...." He grumbled as they went down.

“I’m not upset at all. I enjoyed sleeping in for once. Especially after last night.” She smiled and gave him a kiss.

She laughed and smacked his butt, “you’ll get food in your belly. Don’t be grumpy.” She teased and walked with him downstairs. When they got down and said good morning everyone teased them for sleeping in.

Adri went to the formal living room where they would open presents and looked for Owen’s basketball set. She had everyone’s presents wrapped with specific paper so she could tell them apart. Owen’s were easy to find since they had cartoon wrapping paper. She opened the top of the one she thought was it and when that was the one she wanted she took it to the living room everyone was sitting in.

“Some one is full of energy and since it snowed a lot last night Jake and I think he should get to open this guy.” She explained.

“But we are going to wait until Jake has some food in his belly. He’s a little grouchy.”

"The sleep was nice. I could probably still sleep to be fair. I am tired." He yawned and kissed her back.

He gave her a look. "You know how hungry I get after specific activities. I'm starving." And as if on que his stomach growled and she gave her a look like, 'See!'

"Well no one woke us. With no alarms...things happen. But thanks for waking us up to eat with you all." He teased back. Jake put Owen down and he ran around playing. Jake told everyone good morning. When Adri came back, went to the kitchen to look for something simple but good to eat for the two of them.

"You want an omelette babe?" Jake asked Adri.

"Not really. I just want bacon." She said and followed him to the kitchen. She looked in the microwave and oven and then the fridge and pulled the plate of scraps that were left. "You can sue some of this for your breakfast." She told him and took a bite of the bacon.

She set the plate on the counter and helped him prepare for his omelette. She heard Owen fall and waited to see if he was alright. When he started to cry, she walked out and took him from her mother when he reached out for her and rubbed his back. She rubbed his knee and kissed his forehead, "You okay bud? Too much energy, huh? We willet you a toy and down for a nap soon."

She kept him on her hip and went back into the kitchen. When he saw the food he was happy again and reach out for whatever was in Adri or Jake's hand that he could eat. She gave him a couple bites and then set him down. "I know you ate, Boo. Go find Max." She told him and he ran off.

He looked at her and shook her head. "Fine. I'm eating more than that." It was nice though that she was willing to help him make his omelette. He made it extra cheesy.

"I'm making this huge because I know you will end up wanting some when you see it finished and our soon is a moocher." He told her and gave her a look. When she left to get Owen he grabbed some coffee. "What did he hit his head on?" He asked as he cooked his food.

When Owen reached for Jake's food he looked at him. "See you're a mooch. That's your new nickname. Mooch." He kissed his head.

After Owen got put down he yelled for Max and ran around looking for him but Max came running to him. Jake just smiled at Adri. "When can I give you your gift?" When the omelette was ready he sat in the living room with the family so they could talk. He patted his leg so Adri could sit on his lap in case she wanted some of his food.

“He tripped and hit his knee or hurt his toe. I can’t tell. I kissed them both.” She told him and looked at Owen’s leg. A little red but okay and no broken toes. He was fine.

Adri smiled, “I thought I got my gift last night.” She joked and bit her tongue. “We usually open our Christmas Eve presents at night. But we might be able to make it happen sooner if you prefer.” She told him.

“I don’t know which one I want you to open yet. Probably one Owen picked out for you.” She gasped and laughed. “Oh I know exactly which one you have to open. Owen saw it and would not put it down.” She smiled.

“I think you will appreciate his gesture.” She sat in Jake’s lap and ate her bacon but did take a bite of his omelette because it looked good.

"He is definitely fine is mom kissed both spots." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"That was part of it yes. But I do have some cool gifts for you." Jake shook his head. "Nah it can wait. I have yours narrowed down to two." He just looked at Adri. "You let him pick out things for me? I'm a bit nervous."

Owen was running from person to person, whomever would play and give him attention. Max was not far behind.

Jake kept his one arm around Adri as he ate and they watched some Hallmark Christmas movie the mothers picked out. "We need to put Die Hard on."

“I did. Well more like I took him to the store and he saw something and threw a fit when I tried to put it back so I had to get it and it’s for you.” She smiled. “But I think that was his plan all along.” She laughed.

“Ah, the manliest Christmas movie.” She teased him. “We can probably go into the movie room and watch it. I think our mothers are bonding over Hallmark movies.” She smiled and nodded her head in their direction. Adri’s mother was teaching his mother how to knit but they were looking over their glasses and watching the movie as well. It was exciting to Adri since they didn’t hang out much before and hopefully they would hang out more now.

Owen ran over and Adri put him in her lap. Now he had three mouthes to feed. After he got a bite Owen would open his mouth and Adri would too, just to annoy Jake.

Jake looked a bit scared. "Oh boy. I can only imagine what it is." His eyes were wide.

He smiled so proud at her. "Aw baby, you do consider it a Christmas movie. I knew I made the right choice when I asked you to marry me." He smiled a cheesy smile. Jake looked over at their mothers. "I'm scared. We should take those needles from my mom...she may try stabbing someone." He teased with a smile. "Well Amy may stab Stacey." He whispered and gave her a kiss on the neck. It was nice to see. His mother wasn't too crafty but was getting the hang of it.

Jake looked at both of them. "I like how you said you weren't hungry but I knew it was lies. He is just a moocher. I think he gets it from his mother." He gave Adri a look but fed them both a bite. He had to feed Owen first or he would reach for the fork when he was giving Adri a bite and then they would wear the omelette versus eating it. "Can Owen watch Die Hard?"

She rolled her eyes, “I don’t. But I know it happens on Christmas Day or something so fine. We will count it today. Especially since I was promised snuggles and cuddles and hot chocolate. Ooh, why haven’t I made a cup of hot chocolate?” She asked.

Then she looked at her mother and they had a quick conversation in German and her brothers chimed in. She sighed and got up and went into the kitchen. Adri smiled at Jake, “Yum. Hot chocolate.” She smiled. “And later I can spike it with baileys or! Peppermint vodka.” She moaned, “Oh hell yeah.”

She looked at Owen and rubbed the back of his head, “Owen is going down for a nap soon. So maybe the end of die hard.” She told him. “Unless you want a cranky baby on Christmas because we threw his schedule off.” She said.

Owen turned to get off her lap and she helped him down and he ran away to play again. “Afraid of the N-A-P word.”

"I take back what I said then. It is a Christmas Movie." He told her and stuck his tongue out at her. "I have no idea why you haven't made it yet. I would get up and do it but someone is stopping that from happening."

When she came back he looked at her. "Did you ask your mother to get you hot chocolate in German?" He raised an eyebrow. "The peppermint vodka sounds good in that. I could go for that."

"I don't want a cranky baby. We could put him down now for all I care. But you want to wait till after? It's a long movie." Jake laughed when Owen took off. "He's no fool. You won't be able to put him down."

Back
Top Bottom