Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Calm Before the Storm OOC Chatter

Current crew locations are this:

Aboard the Lucky Hand, inbound to Coruscant
Kameron Brenner
Nykei
Jiljoo Ryo
Larasen

Planetside, Coruscant
Alythra
Sev

Yep, looks good.

Since I was mixed up on some of the details, Xana, how about you introduce Alythra and then I bring Sev into the scene?

TheCorsair said:
Yep, looks good.

Since I was mixed up on some of the details, Xana, how about you introduce Alythra and then I bring Sev into the scene?
Okay, I modified my last post to include Aly and Sev, who is apparently going by the name Iantho Halfri. And to up the stakes, he owes her not just for her time, but the two other women he hired last night. If you are still planning on having Jiljoo be his ex, maybe she's the one that outs his real identity?

Hey folks, so Soran mentioned this opening mission being mine to run. If so, how open are you guys to plot twists regarding your characters' backstories? Specifically thinking Nykei and Sev. Got kind of a wild idea.

kckolbe said:
Hey folks, so Soran mentioned this opening mission being mine to run. If so, how open are you guys to plot twists regarding your characters' backstories? Specifically thinking Nykei and Sev. Got kind of a wild idea.
I am so listening.

Basically, why would a crime lord risk losing one of his pilots to take someone out just because he bet against her? I am thinking there is more to that Nykei doesn't know. For example, what if the crime lord had been told she would lose, perhaps by a team owner or something, who had tried to bring up intentionally losing but backed down, hoping Nykei would just lose anyways due to being so young. So, in Nykei's case, the crime lord saw Nykei as someone who took money to take a dive, and double-crossed him. The manager kept the money and sold out Nykei, saying she'd agreed and taken the money.

kckolbe said:
Basically, why would a crime lord risk losing one of his pilots to take someone out just because he bet against her? I am thinking there is more to that Nykei doesn't know. For example, what if the crime lord had been told she would lose, perhaps by a team owner or something, who had tried to bring up intentionally losing but backed down, hoping Nykei would just lose anyways due to being so young. So, in Nykei's case, the crime lord saw Nykei as someone who took money to take a dive, and double-crossed him. The manager kept the money and sold out Nykei, saying she'd agreed and taken the money.
I am digging that. Let's do it!

kckolbe said:

Tell me more. I do love me some plot twists.

How about the racer that took out Nykei was Jiljoo's ex and he died in the crash? He didn't want to do it but the crime boss had threatened Jiljoo if he didn't cooperate.

LeaT said:
How about the racer that took out Nykei was Jiljoo's ex and he died in the crash? He didn't want to do it but the crime boss had threatened Jiljoo if he didn't cooperate.
Oh, I really like that. Tie all our characters together in this chain of misery.

Yeah, I very much like that. It gets everyone invested in the revenge angle of this little job.

On another note, Sev is making an interesting evolution as I start writing him. I originally imagined him as rather hard-boiled, but I’m not quite getting that vibe anymore. Tough and dangerous, sure, but not vicious. I also found a second face claim go him.

Finally, in the interests of moving forward, I’m thinking that whether or not Alythra is interested in “extending her contract”, Imperial Finance and Revenue agents kick in the door in my next post.

Xanaphia: Glad you like it. Another question, semi-related. How long has she been a criminal? The hit was 5 years ago-ish, subtract some of that time for recovery, and that's at least 4 years since then. I was under the impression that Larasen is new to this world, so I am assuming they haven't talked much. I may just PM you to work out the relationship, but that was something else that occurred.

LeaT: Perhaps it was a carrot and not a stick? Maybe her ex had been offered ownership of Jiljoo for doing it?

Corsair: I love Bradley Cooper. I am all for this change. Also, definitely have been getting a more swashbucklery feel from him than outright warrior. It kinda addresses my idea. He blames the crime lord for hiring the folks who mutinied, but here we have a crew full of criminals led by a criminal, yes, but also a member of the noble class. Things like money and culture are going to be viewed differently. In short, what if some of the crew just resented him?

Basically, something that always annoyed me about Star Wars is how "bad guys" and "good guys" are clearly defined, and everything "bad guys" do is bad, and vice versa. I wanna gray this shit up a little.

“Swashbuckler” is definitely part of his job description. Maybe he’ll get some business cards printed up with that. But I do like the idea that his social status made it easier to mutiny. He doesn’t rub it in people’s faces, but the education and breeding is there. The money sure isn’t, though.

And, yeah. Let’s grey this up. :)

Actually, that reminds me of a crazy theory I came up with to explain why Rogue One was so much more of a morally grey movie than the other Star Wars films: it lacks Jedi.

See, the Jedi influence everyone around them. Subtly, but they do. The Force works through them, bringing out the best in the people that surround them. So do the Sith, but their influence is towards the Dark Side. Essentially, all Jedi and Sith have low-level Battle Meditation going at all times, without intending it. But when the Jedi aren’t around, they slowly return to normal.

I think the theory is interesting, but I don't buy it. Jedi do some horrible shit as well, it's just never admitted as being horrible in canon. Think of the very appearance of Sith. We are supposed to believe that Jedi can go from complete altruism to unadulterated evil, but none of them are just "kinda" corrupt or anywhere else in the middle? Basically, remember that every story is told from a protagonist view, and it kinda explains the pro-Jedi strokes.

kckolbe said:
LeaT: Perhaps it was a carrot and not a stick? Maybe her ex had been offered ownership of Jiljoo for doing it?

I am thinking they were betrothed and she was in love with him. It might be interesting if the crime boss (we should give him a name) had wanted Jiljoo for himself. Perhaps she could be used as bait or a way into his inner sanctum? But that would best be played out in the story I think.

Is the crime boss on Coruscant or another system? I'm not really sure if I should be writing next or if we need to get the others into the crew first I don't believe the existing crew members have set out to do this particular job yet. I also don't know if we should have Jiljoo and Nykei even aware of their connection or play it out in character.

Well, that’s up to KC. I mean, we could move it to another planet, since it’s already been said that the crew has another day to fuel and supply the ship...

I’d go with having the job off Coruscant, myself. Use this initial thing as a way to introduce everyone IC, and then get to the heavy plotting and scheming and inevitable setbacks and problems.

Honestly, I would be okay with it being on another planet. Maybe Sev was attending some race or event to meet the crime lord, set things up for the real meeting on another planet. I definitely wouldn't mind more time to get to know each other.

I figured we would be headed to a shady, outer rim planet for this first mission.

Sounds like a good time for Jiljoo and Nykei to have a little heart to heart. I'm going to call her ex Val Ninx a human from Corellia if that works for you.

kckolbe said:
Honestly, I would be okay with it being on another planet. Maybe Sev was attending some race or event to meet the crime lord, set things up for the real meeting on another planet. I definitely wouldn't mind more time to get to know each other.

How about Taris? That is, if everyone's ok with going an EU planet.

Soran_Jaymes said:
kckolbe said:

How about Taris? That is, if everyone's ok with going an EU planet.
Sounds good to me.
TheCorsair said:
Finally, in the interests of moving forward, I’m thinking that whether or not Alythra is interested in “extending her contract”, Imperial Finance and Revenue agents kick in the door in my next post.
Sounds good to me. Perhaps Sev takes Alythra hostage in an attempt to escape and evade the authorities? I am into the idea of them flirting while he has a blaster on her. If this turns into a speeder chase throughout the city, perhaps other members of the crew see it, and try and get involved?

Either way, Sev proves worth to the crew, and Alythra insists he works off his debt to her.

Back
Top Bottom