To Maintain Peace and Order ¦1x1 with Jikkah¦

Yukimura looked up in shock, eyes wide. “Master, are you sure..!?” A pick from Shingens own Shikigami? He was incredibly lucky.

Yukimura bowed deeply to Shingen, though not feeling as though he deserved to use his masters Shikigami.
It didn’t take long for the Shikigami to assemble, they always stayed close to Shingen.
He had many powerful Shikigami: Ryomen, Hannya, a Sakura Tree Spirit, Futakuchi, Ame Onna, Tanuki, Hotarugusa, Hitotsume, and Ichimokuren.

"Yukimura's condition has unfortunately worsened and now he is unable to summon any Shikigami at this time. I ask that you follow him in his time of need, show him the same respect as you would me." Shingen said. They all bowed deeply to Yukimura, willing to follow his command.

Yukimura bowed back, then selected the thre Shikigami he would travel with; Hachigen the Ryomen, Minehime the Hotarugusa, and Hidemune the Ichimokuren.
“Arigatou gozaimasu for traveling with me today.” He said, bowing to the three.

"The honor is ours, Yukimura-sama." Hachigen replied, bowing his head humbling. Hidemune gave a silent bow, some of his long black hair falling from his shoulders.

The young girl known as Minehime bowed her head, just as quiet as Hidemune, but a soft smile on her face as she clutched a giant blade of grass to her chest, two tiny horns sticking through her dark brown hair.

Masamune came back to tell Yukimura that Kojurou and kind-of-Megohime were coming to help him, only to stop when he saw Hidemune.
"Holy God." He muttered, bewildered. Hidemune looked over with disinterest.
"Were you one of my followers?" He asked blandly, "A bit late, aren't you?"
"Yeah, I don't make a habit of giving praise to some kid who gave everything up to a demon." Masamune huffed.

Minehime looked from Masamune to Hidemune in confusion, standing up on her tip-toes to whisper into Hidemune’s ear. “Who is that?” She asked quietly, glancing over at Masamune.

Hidemune shook his head, eyes bored as they stayed on Masamune, "I don't know. He doesn't look familiar to me."
"When do we depart for Osaka, Yukimura-sama?" Hachigen asked.

Yukimura looked to Masamune. “As soon as Masamune-dono and his Shikigami are prepared to leave.”

"Oh!' Masamune perked and nodded before jogging to the guest room. Kojurou was already prepared, sitting and waiting silently for his lord. "We ready to go?" Masamune asked as he moved to put on his armor. Kojurou glanced to Megohime before looking back at Masamune.
"Once you finish, I will wrap Jin and we'll go."

Megohime was still rather quiet, but simply prepared to leave, occasionally handing Masamune pieces of his armor.

Megohime’s cheeks flushed when he took her hand, and she looked up at him with a small nod. “Y-Yeah..”

He nodded and pulled on the last of his armor before heading out. Kojurou moved to grab Jin and Masamune stopped beside Yukimura, "Let's go."

Jin- like any other time during the day, was in a comatose like state in which she simply put it as sleeping. She was rather light, so transporting her was rather easy, but they had to ensure she was completely covered from the sun.
Yukimura nodded, his own on-loan Shikigami waiting just behind him. “We are all ready for departure.”

Megohime nodded, handing her scroll to Masamune before returning to it, allowing for easier travel and the use of fewer horses. Yukimura mounted his horse, two more horses saddled up for Ryomen and Hidemune and Minehime, who usually shared everything.

Kojurou took his horse and sat back enough to comfortably hold Jin while he followed Masamune. The Dokuganryuu mounted up and turned his horse before heading off; Kojurou nudged his and it followed Masamune easily.

Yukimura followed after Kojurou, and his Shikigami behind him, silent as he worried about Akihime’s wellbeing.

It would be a while before they would arrive in Osaka, and when night fell they set up camp to let the horses rest. Kojurou and Jin went out to find food and Masamune relaxed on his bed roll.

Minehime and Hidemune talked quietly amongst themselves, while Yukimura sat staring at the fire, Megohime still tucked away in her scroll beside Masamune.

Back
Top Bottom