Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Forgotten Realms Pathfinder: Seeds of Evil) Ch. 1: The Gates of Honey Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the newcomer with eyes only for the barbarian threatening him, Balenor removes his sleeves and hands them to a scorpion the size of the average house cat, in an instant the dark clothing vanishes leaving him with only a backpack, leather breeches, and an azure shirt. The shirt; however, has all manner grisly totems and fetishes on it, even a mummified hand.

I am not acting like a hag I hunt them in fact if you notice my shirt has a few trophies. As for acting like a witch that would be because I am one. What better way to hunt that which affronts the Lunar Lady than to use their powers against them? The trophies empower the shirt which grant me access to an ability I have not yet learned myself the laughter.

As if by demonstration he does it again.

Troubling as it may be please look at the shirt the teeth and bones and hand come from a Green Hag, particularly nasty bitch too she set up camp not too far from a small village and began luring children away. We don't know if the first one died by some other means or if she killed him but we do know she used that child's voice to play on the innocents of the children. They thought they found their friend and went rushing off to bring them back... She got a total of 8 before I found her... Green Hags have the power of voice and I felt it fitting that the next time I stop some scum like her that she help.

As I said I am a merchant and a craftsman if you do not believe me ask Alyx here he has visited my stall a couple times, I can create wonders of magic and potions I sell cheap to those I feel have some honor, if I feel a person does not well they can get their goods elsewhere. I offer only truth and no hostile intent will you kindly put your claws away?

"Ah, I thank you for the offer, but perhaps one of the others could use it more than I. In the end, i'm fine with walking. Though next time I have the chance to, even a wagon with a mule toting it might be a bit more comfortable." Then again, he was never great with handling animals. "Alyx. And I thank you for the generosity." He did notice that another conversation was getting heated, and moved to not at Bale's words. "He's an honest man from my dealings. I've bought some wares from him, still use them to this day. I'll vouch for him being a good man. Bit of a surprise seeing him out here though." his words were spoken with an amiable tone, his gold eyes flickering from Abigail, back to Balenor, arms faintly crossed.

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina Honeywine

Aramina cocked her head curiously and at Baltana confused. “That’s not very nice, Baltana. I mean... I know I don't know very much about how humans greet each other, but wouldn't it make you said if you walked up to say hello to a new friend and they called you a bandit?”

The redhead's eyes widened in confusion and sadness when the people who'd seemed so fascinating started to fight. She gave frighted squeak when Balenor revealed his grizzly shirt. As he spoke, though, warmth came back to her eyes. “See, Baltana. He's a hero. I met some hags once. They were hideous old crones, inside and out. They probably would have eaten me if Sir Jaimathiel and the the other pixies hadn't helped.”

2ef69c0da1f43d780aca1f528c45abb6.jpg

Baltana

With another new comer her attention was somewhat diverted - at least this one looked like they could handle themselves without cheat tricks, and that distraction allowed her to cool down a bit and listen to the witch, even as common sense said to kill the poisonous vermin.

Taking in his clothing and his words she sighed, it was hypocritical of her to judge him - she herself was much closer tied to the power of a hag than he would likely ever be and his method and practices were unknown to her.

"Fine, apologies and good work - your cackling still annoys me, but that is my issue not yours", looking down the road "regardless I have no intention of staying here while a settlement forms around me" as she noted the sheer number of people present.

Nodding to Aramina "nice to meet you, be cautious", and with that she set off down the path again - either some force had set them to meet one another, had set a trap for them or both - and if the gods were going to drop a hammer she prefered to be somewhere away from the hammer site.

Abigail Marteau

The tall armoured woman steps forward, gauntlet-clad hands apart and open to introduce herself to the others.

"I'm Abigail, a sworn paladin to Lathander. Don't be put out by her, not everyone has had good experiences with magic. And your cackles aren't exactly the worst I've heard, after all. I presume the rest of you are heading for Honeyton as well? Or from, I suppose."

Abigail isn't wearing a helmet, and such it is easy to tell that she's somewhat discomforted by the scant clothing of Aramina - her only experience with such being a sultry sorceress, who had seduced and tricked several men away from their wives before a squad of her fellow paladins were called in to deal with the charm-laden enchantress.

This is somewhat more confusing, and Abigail cannot help but admire the leaves outlining and clinging to the red-head's body far more tightly and enticingly than would be expected. Her view of the others is slightly more kindly, seeing a group of barely-armed travellers in need of assistance through the night and the forest.

He takes his sleeves back from Pike and dons them again. the blouse fading away into woodland garb. He turns around almost surprised the paladin has appeared he was rather focused then he recalls hearing her speak earlier.

Oh, I am just going to the next town I don't care what it is called I travel from place to play selling my merchandise.; alchemal goods, magical wonders, potions, or even tattoos if that is your thing.

I'm not put out, prejudices come in all kinds and something tells me there is more to that one than simple distrust in magic. I am going to try and keep it down though if riding on the cart is an option I make take you up on that, channeling this power is not without effort and it would make moving around easier. So long as you stick close I can also affect any number of you but be warned if the effects are allowed to lapse then I cannot do it for you again till this time tomorrow. I only offer because blood will be spilled this night the shadows are practically screaming it.

He does cackle as softly as the ability will allow.

e529982033525ee5c1f99ef09b7a47c1--character-concept-character-ideas.jpg

The sounds of wagon pulled by some oxen can be heard as a dark furred cat folk sets in the spot for the driver. The cat folk wore a red revealing courtesans out fit and her punching dagger and light mace and hand crossbow were clearly visible as well as a quiver containing bolts. Also from her hip hung a Silver holy symbol of Sharess.

She slowed the covered wagon to a halt and waved to those gathered. " I hope all is well I heard quite the commotion coming from the lot of you." She smiled warmly and seemed to give everyone a look over admiring there form not really judging just looking them over and getting a feel for the group gathered. " I am Tiyeri a simple entertainer and craftsmen" she grinned.

The sergeant of the watch responded to them with a smug smirk. “Dear girls, you're right, it's not safe out here. If you stay in the gate house 'til dawn, surely no one will be the wiser, that we let you in, right?”

He took a heavy key as two more soldiers moved around, cudgels loose on their hips but not drawn. The key made a grinding clank in the padlock of a door in the gate, and he beckoned them through. “Come this way. We have some hot mulled wine.”

It is good to see you again Tiyeri... Where are my manners I am sorry Abigail my name is Balenor. Now we need to get going this night is not going to get any younger

He cackles again softly.

"A knight of lathander? I am Alyx, a simple traveler and vagabond. It's nice to meet all here, or see friendly faces again. As far as i'm concerned, travel in numbers beats traveling alone. Would anyone object to company on the road here on out? Plus, I am sure in case there's anyone foolish enough to cause trouble, this group is motley enough to deter any but the most idiotic of brigands and highwaymen."

Eager to get away from the growing crowd, Baltana moved up the road alone. The rising moon cast silver light and ash gray shadows over the road.

Darkness, of course, did not bother one with such darkness in the blood as she possesed.

Are you carrying a light?
Roll percpetion.

Baltana

Moving past the others she was grateful for the cackling to quite behind her and had the presence of mind to note that it was not merely distance that had achieved that, she considered those behind her - she was more familiar with monsters and animals than other people, she could see more or less fine in the dark where they could not, was that a giveaway that she was not entirely what she presented herself as, than what creatures could see as she did - many she suspected. Anyway her torches were for when she needed to burn items not merely for her to burn and the cold never bothered her anyway.

Once a little away she slowed her pace slightly - while as traveling alone was dangerous and traveling slowly was dangerous, a little caution for some stealth was beneficial as one watched for ambush, so she minutely changed her pace to stay close to the treeline and within the shadows as possible, if attackers were out there perhaps they would miss her for the noise behind her - she wondered if she would feel the need to return if that happened.

Stealth (moving near full speed for a -5, accounted for in the roll): 1d20+4 = 16
Perception 1d20+6 = 18

https://rolz.org/dr?room=paladinRolls

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina Honeywine

Aramina looked after Baltana in confusion as she hurried away. "Um.... Okay. I hope we meet again soon!"

"Maybe I shouldn't have chided her," she murmured. "I hope she doesn't hate me..."

With a little swallow to gather her courage, she turned to the rest of the assembly with a shy smile. “How do you do? My name is Aramina Honeywine. I'm excited to meet you all.”

She grabbed a spear and a light backpack as she joined the others heading down the trail at a more gradual pace, using the spear as a walking staff. She studied the oxen curiously.

She looked up at the cat girl and gave her a smile. “What beautiful clothes you have. And your beast-friends are magnificent. May I pet them? I mean, I know they're working...”

A few moments later the redhead in green startled and jerked to the left. They all heard it, maybe a few hundred feet off the road into the rolling plains and brush. A maiden shrieking in fear, followed by, “Help! Please help me!” in Chondathan—the local human language. It was close enough to Common that those who didn't speak chondathan understood the word 'help' with ease.

As the yelp seemed to startle the redhead, Alyx moved closer to her, though as he did so – his mind focused, and he started to use his own preternatural gifts. His hands shifted – from normal hands to claws, rending and vicious in nature. As he continued to move, there was a brief shimmer as well around him, intangible force seeking to protect him and shield him from harm. “Stay close.” he spoke to Aramina, his eyes briefly looking her over. ‘It could be a trap, i’ll be here to protect you if it is.” As he finished speaking, even his mouth changed, a bestial muzzle, complete with rending fangs as he started to approach the source of the cries for help, keeping his eyes open.

Spending 3 PP for claws of the beast (Augmented to increase their size by 1), Inertial armor (Augmented to 3 PP for +5 AC), and bite of the wolf, unaugmented)

Also rolling perception: 27 to see if he can gleam any information on what’s going on by sight or hearing

“Tiyeri smiled and waved at the recognition of her friend. "Hello Balenor. How many times must I tell you that cackle will keep your bed empty at night?" She giggled playfully.

She also gave a wave and a smile to the paladin and Alyx. "A pleasure to meet you as well.”

She turned to the red head approaching her cart and smiled. "A pleasure to meet you Aramina. Of course you may pet them and thank you. Your attire looks lovely as well my dear!" Her eyes traveled up and down the redhead's form admiring every inch of her as she got closer.

She turned to the direction of the scream. "Arimina, if you would accompany me to investigate that cry for help that would be wonderful."

She gracefully leaped from her seat to the road beside the drivers seat.

Roll Result: rolled: 1d20, adding 7 to the total
Comment:
Result: 18,
Total: 25

Abigail Marteau

Abigail's eyes widen quickly at the scream from the undergrowth, and she wastes no time drawing her greatsword and moving into a combat stance.

"Do not panic! We're coming to help you! Make some noise so we know where you are!"

After a few whispered words into the ear of her warhorse, who snorts, stamps one foot and turns to keep watch over the cart and ox, she dives determinedly off the road. A gap between a few short bushes leads her towards the screaming voice, with little regard for whether the others are following her or not.

She pushes onwards, doing her best to search after the woman's voice up ahead. With wolves, bandits, and who-knows-what-else haunting the roads after dark, Abigail knows just how little time there is to lose.

"Guard the wagon please, Barithael."

A little alarmed by the many... eclectic personalities of the people he'd encountered on this road, Narunir could do little more than smile and nod as they all travelled. The sudden leaving of one of the other women surprised him a little, but before she left he managed to give her a smile and nod. "Pleasant travels to you," he said just before she disappeared into the dark of the night.

Turning, the half-elf smiled at the redheaded beauty as she introduced herself. "Pleased to meet you Miss Honeywine," he said, before starting and looking at the others as well, "And you all as well."

Narunir was startled when Aramina jerked to the side, when his elven senses alerted him to shouts coming from just a bit away from the road. He stepped back briefly before stopping, seeming to steel himself and raised a hand as he began channeling his arcane energies into himself, creating a shell to protect him from harm. "Wait for me!" he called out, drawing one of the wands that he kept at his hip just in case as he ran after the others.

Casting Mage Armor, making Narunir's AC 18 for the next 4 hours. Drawing his Wand of Magic Missile as well.

Shaking his head Balenore begins walking after the others.

They missed the whole part about not charging headfirst into danger because you think you hear something.

He stays with and behind Alyx.

I am going to make you a bit luckier Alyx if you focus even slightly on a task it will go better for you. stay close to me I have to keep laughing to keep the blessing up

Alyx feels a slight tingling and almost as soon as that is done Balnore is laughing again.

Free: 5 foot step to reposition better
Standard: Fortune Hex Alyx
Move: Cackle (which keeps all aplicable hexes going within 30 feet)

Tenshi said:
The sergeant of the watch responded to them with a smug smirk. “Dear girls, you're right, it's not safe out here. If you stay in the gate house 'til dawn, surely no one will be the wiser, that we let you in, right?”

He took a heavy key as two more soldiers moved around, cudgels loose on their hips but not drawn. The key made a grinding clank in the padlock of a door in the gate, and he beckoned them through. “Come this way. We have some hot mulled wine.”

Nolymae offered a small, serene smile and bowed her head courteously. "You're a kind man to take us in so late, and you have my gratitude. I'm certain that Lurue will smile on you for your aid to one of her priestesses."

The young priestess made her way past the gate, guiding her beautiful white horse gently by the mane. Nolymae's short white dress swayed and fluttered enchantingly with her steps. The dress itself was a valuable gift from the Silvermaids of Lurue, woven by a master elven artisan from a remarkable mesh of soft spider's silk and fine mithral thread, and blessed by a priestess of the Unicorn Queen. "My apologies, but would you be able to arrange a place in the stables for my companion here as well? Her name is Moonlight," the girl said, her voice soft and kind, and carrying a sense of concern for her loyal steed.

fW34yP1.png

1401381520218.jpg

Randal Thrace, Seargent of the Night Watch

The seargent of the watch told the other two men down at the gate, "Take this lovely girl to the gate house. I'll help Nolymae to stable her lovely steed."

The tall man offered the priestess in the silken gown his arm and lead her along the wall for a few hundred feet. "My name is Randal Thrace." He unlocked the door to the barn and gestured to an empty stall. "Moonlight can stay over there."

As Beltana stalked quietly down the road, the barbarian noted two figures loping throuh the moonlight towards her. She caught their movement a split second before they came into the range of her dark vision, revealing white on black line drawings of tall, burly anthropomorphic wolves!

Any split second actions?
And roll initiative!

Baltana

Cursing under her breath she knew that she had been spotted somehow, she wasn't sure that about there abilities at a glance - or even what they really were, humans? or something else that had been affected.

Worse she was fairly sure that they had something about silver which she didn't have ... a grim smirk crossed her lips, except for coinage. If it came to it she might try that.

With a quick look at them she took off away from them at a fast pace, if she could put some distance between them she could likely see about laying a trap or gaining some other advantage.

Full action: Run - 120 ft away from them (I assume back up the road).
Free Action: Knowledge (Local-untrained so max 10) 1d20+1: 14
To confirm what she knows about werewolves if anything (assumed some of what I think would be common knowledge above).
Free Action: Perception (1d20+6): 11
To confirm armour weapons on them.

Initiative (1d20+1):20

Rolls

Tiyeri readied her fists as this would likely be the least noisy option. She left her weapons in their sheathes. Being devoted to a goddess of passion and war, she wasn't overly hasty to jump tot he assumption that she would need a weapon drawn. She didn’t know the exact situation yet, and coming in with steel bared could cause more problems than it solved.

The cat girl was not going to great lengths to be noticed, but she moved with grace and poise, and her fur blended into the night.

Roll Result: rolled: 1d20, adding 3 to the total
Comment:
Result: 12,
Total: 15

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina Honeywine

The six(?) heroes hurried off the road too the south, knowing that the rolling hills, thick brush, and scattered trees were close to Honeyton's outlying farms, and surely the daughter of one of those households was in danger out there.

The girl cried out for help again, then, perhaps hearing the replies, called out again, "Please hurry! It's huge and horrible!"

Aramina gave a yelp of concern and sympathetic fear. The redhead paused just long enough to weave a spell. Shimmers of light and shadow enfolded her buxom body. When the fey child burst into motion again, their were 6 of her moving in close formation! She bound along a dozen paces, then stopped and glanced around wildly before adjusting her course and speed to fall in behind Alyx and Tiyeri.

The group was just making it to a hillock with an apiary atop it. Most of them figured the voice was coming from around the hillock, maybe 50 more feet. Tiyeri and Alyx were in the lead now, followed by all six of Aramina. Narunir was a bit behind Aramina. Balenor with his cackling and Abigail with her heavy armor were a bit behind them.

It was at this moment that Tiyeri was struck by the sensation that there was something insincere about the cries.

27 Balenor
22 A Cry in the Night
18 Alyx
18 Eyes in the Dark 1
15 Tiyeri
14 Eyes in the Dark 2
8 Aramina
7 Narunir
5 Eyes in the Dark 3
6 Abigail

Tag Balenor

71d0172401ae2274b302efe79226cb48.jpg
75f14fcb4f2521accd000b008811f789.jpg

As she spun away, Baltana took note that the two men wore breastplates and carried longswords and crossbows at their hips, but it was leather wrapped cudgels that they drew. They started after her at a lumber, weighed down by their armor, then dropped smoothly to all fours, arms and armor vanishing to be replaced by an even thicker coat of fur. The wolves surged after her!

The werewolves assume wolf form and give chase.
Baltana has a head start and is 130' ahead.
Baltana believes the information she came up with is acurate, but nothing else comes to mind.

Round 2, tag Baltana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom