Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Star Wars] Privateer (OoCc)

Gambling need participant to put forth the credit and make gambling check. Seeing that there is nothing like this or luck in the game, it would be an opposed Wisdom check... BUT in this case you need to reach at least 15 to stay in game just like I wrote previously.

Whoever scores better, would have more money, whoever comes out lover, less. You can play and pay until you have no more money.

Cheaters can use Deception against the others Perception (opposed roll), to get bonus on the gamble check, depending how much they beat the others perception (+1/5DC). This is if they do not want to get discovered. If someone dares to cheat for success, then that Deception can be done after the Gambling check, and you can try to reach the difference (+1/3DC) But then the others do their Perception, and you can be discovered and called on it - sometimes very forcefully.

Using the Force is no different, you can just "Use the Force" instead of Deception - or "help" your own rolls with the other, every 5DC beaten gives you +1... (To the other skill, not the gambling.) There is also the same +1/3DC option...

If you use your own prepared dice or cards, you can get +2, if you have the place made to help you, another +2, if you have helpers in the game, they can help you with +1 for every 5DC they beat the others...

Okay...Well I believe RPG-G and I made our rolls, are we waiting for Tenshi to go onto Bzzt! and Tristian? I think DC to join was 20 and I got 17, but Daesha got 20...Or am I confused about something?

Well, you had been fixing things, so it was 20 for you, so when you got in at the last stages with your meager 1500 credit, you lost 30%, and you are not able to succeed for the main prizes. (that makes you loose 450credit)

For Daesha, she was able to join faster, easier (with only 1000 credit), and also able to be there for the final round, earning herself +500 credit for now. She needs to make another check, this one against the others in the final round - namely that two, if the other players do not qualify.

Rip Bysk, looks like he's owing Daesha more. XD Well, she always is looking for 'pets', right? Might have to be one for her by the end of this to repay the loan.

Do not forget, you can use up a Force point to add k6 to the check made, before you know the results...
Obviously Bysk's does not qualify.

But if Daesha wants to reach a higher number... I am now relatively sure that the two other males at the table are evenly matched, meaning, if she beats them, she will have both the deeds and the doodad, and depending on how much she beats a fixed DC, even some money. Or loose money... Maybe even loose to the two more than she put into the game - 1500eb at this time.

And Shanta and Vella could play too, if they qualify first...

But maybe I will add some other humans and aliens interested in the finale too.

Nah, he just owes her favors. His contract only defaults to Indentured Servitude if he refuses to comply with the favors. Hence, unless he does something? She can't offer his contract up as a bid.

Well I am tempted to have to have Vella legally aquire the yoke, point out that it is stolen property and that the owner wants it back and use mind trick to make the possessor accept that giving it to herm is just better than argueing about it to the authorities.

I am also tempted to do that after getting the Norman to fork over a significant downpayment for services.

Mind control - it solves so many problems :)

Fair enough :p

Still, when against those who can resist.... well, as the GM says, a blaster bolt solves a great many problems, and for some reason? I think mind control is against the law unless you were part of the Jedi order back in the days of the Republic.

RPG girl makes a new Wisdom based roll, with any bonus she has from any source... Or if she prefers, she makes other rolls beforehand to get some bonus...

And if you want to really win a lot of things and money, it is possible to spend a force point, if your roll(s) are too low.

Well, you have about one day from now on to post yourself into the dice game, then it will be over.

Perception; To monitor the other players reactions, and catch them at bluffing; 1d20+8= 24
Deception; To lure and play the players, not cheating at the cards, but rather the careful psychological plays so much a part of the game; 1d20+11= 30
Gather Information; To discover the tics and tells of the other players; 1d20+16=32

Going to make my wisdom check afterwards.... but her goal is to play the players, not so much the game ;)

It is still just a dice game. Poker night comes right after this. :)

After all, it is "just" about the Sluissi's gadget.

But the poker tournament would have more serious "down payment" and multiple rounds - played from day to day, like a fight, if anyone is interested.

But whoever wants to play more than the first round in poker should be conscious of the time, or miss the Sluissi - if Vella ever says anything about that.

But lets say, that you do not catch any of the men using obvious cheatings. They are playing a game of chance, and maybe getting each others measure for the poker table later.

Which is something Bzzt! would not visit - or so he says.
And the "Hapan Prince" would - or so he says.

Late. You got the results already.

Also, it would be late for any others too, after all, they know the DC, and would know the number they threw...

But it could work where I do not tell the DC beforehand, and before I start describing the effect of your throw. :)

As you said, you will throw your second gambling check...

You can do it here, or incorporate in a post on the main thread...

And no bonus, because pure chance :pouts:

That said; Gambling 1d20+1= 21.... Going to dance the nat 20 dance, have been on a roll today! I knew sacrificing that Hobo to the dice gods would bring me good luck!

Back
Top Bottom