Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Purrfect Couple~ (Stonetribe x Frogger)

Yoshi was quite pleasantly surprised to hear that she thought his idea to convince Emily of their situation to be a decent one, especially after she reiterated the weight of the matter. "Oh really? You think so so Amaya-chan?" He scratched the back of his head, not at all expecting her to say that. "Ha, thanks! I'm glad you think so." He paused for a bit in an unusual moment of consideration. "But, perhaps we should still think of a couple of back up plans.." It was becoming quite evident that he wanted to try and take this seriously as well, or at least as serious as his kitten attention span would allow him. He was quite fond of Emily as well after all, and frankly nothing sounded better to him than spending time with both her and Amaya and having fun.

As a perfect case in point, his eyes lit up with excitement when Amaya gave him permission to finish her meal, entirely forgetting about the previous issue for the moment. "Thank you Amaya-chan! Thank you so very much!" He wasted no time in helping himself to her leftovers, hindered only by his insufficient skills at using chop sticks. As he tried his best to cut a piece of the fish cake, he directed his attention back to her. "Hey, what do people do at the student center anyway?" He asked, realizing that he actually had no idea what sort of place it was.

Amaya’s lips adopted a certain quirk, as though to mimic a smile, although not quite looking like one. “I think we will be fine, Yoshi-chan. I kept denying it, and yet… in the end, I was convinced, was I not?” A soft, musical laugh slipping free, Amaya brought a hand up to brush threads of hair behind an ear. It was then that he dug into what was left of her breakfast, and quite enthusiastically at that, prompting her to laugh all over again. “It is no problem. I had lost my appetite, and I would hate to have all this food go to waste.” It is so cute, him trying so hard to use his chopsticks properly. It sort of reminds her of a toddler walking for the very first time. “Hm? What do people do at the student center?” Amaya repeated, not expecting the question. To be honest, she has never gone before… so she did not know the answer right off the top of her head. In fact, all she knew was what she was told before.

“I, ah…” Amaya bit the corner of her lip, a fingertip playing with a rebellious gold strand. “I never go in there, myself… but from what I understand, there are lots of games for people to play together. I know a pool table occupies a great deal of space… but an air hockey table takes up space as well… amongst other games. I am not entirely sure. I never go,” Amaya told him again, a hand gesturing as to wave the subject aside. “I do not mind taking you, I just… I will probably take a book with me, while you are off having fun.” As to lessen the blow, Amaya gave him a small smile. “Do not worry, though. I have heard it is a lot of fun.” Amaya rose up out of her seat, and went to gather the trash to throw away.

Yoshi was quite pleased to see Amaya finally referring to their task of convincing Emily of their plight in a more optimistic light. Up until now, she had seemed so very unsure and worried. He grinned widely and let out a brief chuckle as he said, "Eheh, that's the spirit Amaya-chan! Everything will work out just fine!" Despite his inexperience in using chop sticks, his hungry appetite was more powerful and allowed him to finish off the rest of her leftovers in a more than timely fashion. He turned his attention back to her when she began to disclose what sorts of activities took place at the student center, ever eager to learn from who he thought to be the wisest person in the world. Even with her quite obviously being less than knowledgeable about this particular subject, he was hanging on to every word that she said.

"Pool table? Air hockey?" He repeated, not knowing what those two things were. "So people play games with those things, right? Well that sounds like fun! We should definitely do that together~" What she said next though elicited a small frown from him. "Aww, y-your just going to read?" Reading and books were one of the few things he did in fact know about due to his master's love of them. He came to rather like them himself due to the fact that he would often be able to curl up on her lap and cozily nap. However, now that he was a human boy he was quite intent on spending as much time doing people things with her as possible. "Won't you play with me Amaya-chan? It won't be as fun if it's just me. Or a-at least let me sleep on your lap while you read! I like doing that too!" It seemed that he didn't realize that such a thing wouldn't be nearly as practical due to his shift in size.

“Mm-hmm,” Amaya confirmed, even going so far as to dip her head in a nod. “People do. It is… fun, I suppose,” she continued on with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. In the past, she used to have no problem playing games with others, engaging in… laughter and stories alike, but now, she cannot bring herself to get involved. “I would have to explain how the games go, but I think you would… have fun…” Amaya found herself stumbling over the words, rather surprised to find how painful the thought it. Huh. It is… a painful prospect, him playing with someone else, growing bolder and more daring as the days fly past… moving away to bigger and better things, as the saying goes. A small frown pulling at her lips now, Amaya bit the flesh, eyes no longer looking at him but anywhere else. A finger began to tap on the top of the table.

“You do realize… that you will not fit in my lap now, right?” Amaya dared to point out. “I do not think we can… at least, not out in public, but if you want to sleep in my lap while I am reading… in our room… I do not mind…” How embarrassing. It is a good thing no one is about, or else she would have to explain this to a third party that knows nothing of the situation. Amaya began to rub the back of her neck, dark green eyes portraying the confusion she cannot put into words. “Do not worry, though. Even if I decide not to play with you, there is always someone willing to jump in for a game… Trust me. You will not be alone for long.” Is that reassuring? From her perspective, it almost sounds… cruel, dismissive. Amaya has no idea how she is going to handle this. What if he insists she plays with him? Everyone will make fun of her…

Though he was quite excited about going to the student center just a moment ago, that eagerness was quickly diminishing, something that seemed rather unbecoming of the hyper kitten boy. He couldn't tell why, but something about the student center seemed to really be bothering her. She was insisting that they go anyway even though her previously cheery tone had shifted to something more distressed. "Amaya-chan? I-Is everything okay?" He asked, his instincts to comfort her already kicking in. He offered her a warm smile. "We don't have to go to the student center if you don't want to. I'll be happy doing anything as long as it's with you!" His tail flicked playfully, at the very least he seemed to be regaining his own good mood.

"Besides, we can always go to the student center some other time, right? Where else would you like to go? There are lots of other people places and things that you can show me, right? M-Maybe somewhere with more food?" She could see a bit of drool in the corner of his mouth as he said that last part, amusingly indicating that he still had room to eat some more delicious food.

(Sorry for the shorter reply this time ^^")

Amaya looked to him, not expecting this… sudden change. It did not take long, however, for a small smile to grace her lips in response to his. “Do not worry. I am fine,” she told him, only to chuckle softly under her breath. “I appreciate the thought, though.” Amaya leaned forward in order to tap him on the tip of his nose. It did not take long, either, for another laugh to bubble up. “No, no. I would hate to… deprive you of such an experience, Yoshi-chan. You are new to… everything. I want you to live life to the fullest, even if it means I join in on… activities I do not find fun. It is alright. I want you to take a look at the student center.” Amaya’s green gaze was loving and warm, her smile the same, if not more so. “I will show you lots and lots of other people, and new places, and new things. Let us… just take it one step at a time. As the saying goes, ‘Rome was not conquered in a day’.”

No, wait; he has no idea what Rome is. Uh oh. Amaya drew back, about to think of an explanation… however, her cute little feline did not give her a chance to do so. No. A soft, carefree laugh, the first one in a very, very long time, broke free. “How about this?” Amaya went on, leaning forward with a napkin to wipe away the drool. “I buy you a little bit more food, and then we go to the student center? No one is allowed to take food inside, so you will have to eat before we go.” A hand began to ruffle his hair as she reveled in this moment. Is he really still hungry, though? Not only did he eat his breakfast, he ate what was left of hers, too.

Watching her expression change, Yoshi was quite relieved to see that Amaya was alright after all. Truthfully, he still felt just a bit hesitant going to the student center, but if she said that it was fine then he would trust her. "Ah, okay then, if you say so!" He said, his chipper and cheerful self returning in an instant. "But, I do still want to sleep on your lap while you read, I really like that!" He said that last bit just a tad louder than she probably would have liked, not realizing the embarrassing impression for anyone who might overhear it. And when she agreed to feed him some more yummy people food, he immediately forgot about everything else, giggling happily as she playfully ruffled his hair.

Placing his hands on the table, he leaned forward excitedly. "Ah, r-really? Thank you Amaya-chan! What can I have then? I don't know about many people foods yet, so you can help me choose something yummy, right?" He turned his head back to the restaurant they were just at and without warning he got up and hurried on over there. He carefully looked at the displayed menu, trying his best to make sense of it.

(Ah, sorry for the super late reply! >.<)

“You… You do?” Amaya blushed pink, ducking her head down a little as several… curious eyes shifted over to penetrate her in the back. How can he say that so casually? No, wait: it is because he does not know better, that is right. Even so… Yoshi-chan needs to think before he blurts something like that out! Amaya fought to clear her throat, to focus on the present instead of the… implications going through everyone’s minds, and put on a smile. “How many times do I have to tell you? I do not think you will fit in my lap anymore,” she pointed out, laughing ever so softly under her breath. “I swear…” Amaya was fixing to reach out and flick his nose again, like she had earlier, only… he managed to escape before she could do so. Sneaky little-!

I may have to be careful with dinner tonight. I only have so much… Amaya does get the feeling, though, that her wallet will be feeling light from now on. Rising from their table, Amaya met him at the counter, looking over the menu herself. “Hm. Well… How about we get you a snack, since you did just eat? It will be quick, and that way you will not upset your tummy.” Amaya twisted in order to poke him in the side, earning herself a giggle from the kitten turned boy. “How does that sound?”

With his eyes closed Yoshi beamed a wide smile towards her, clearing having a great time with Amaya, even with something as mundane as having breakfast. Of course, his love of food likely played a large factor in that but it was obvious that that took a backseat to spending time with his beloved master. After she playfully tickled his side with a poke and earned a giggle out of him, he ended up leaning against her as they stood next to each other, without even realizing it. He just felt so relaxed and carefree with her, it brought out the touchy-feely side of him. Naturally, this only served to make the two of them look even more like a couple to any onlookers, especially after his blurting out about sleeping on her lap. Yet, he was blissfully unaware of such implications, likely to the dismay of poor Amaya.

"Aww, okay then Amaya-chan~" He said wistfully. "People food is great and all, but I'm sure it's not worth getting a tummy ache over." He examined the menu, trying his hardest to decipher it in someway. It was no use though, he simply had too little reference to understand it properly. Luckily for him though, he had Amaya! "Hmmm, I think I want something sweet, like the orange drink that you gave me. Can you I have something like that please?"

Amaya went to tap him on the end of his nose once again, only to laugh moments later. “Trust me. It is not worth it. I have human food every single day, and I am not willing to get a tummy ache… at least, not very often.” Her eyes sparkling, her smile sweet and meant for his eyes, and his eyes only, Amaya turned her eyes to the menu up above their heads. “Hm… Let me see…” Amaya tapped a finger against her chin this time, considering the many options. “How about a daifuku? It will slide down between the cracks,” she could not resist teasing, twisting about in order to poke him in the side again. “Not only that, but it will not make your stomach hurt later, since it will not be much more.” Amaya stuck her tongue out at him playfully and, the decision made, she went on to put in his order before they go off to the student center.

Now that he mentions it, though, something sweet does sound good. Normally Amaya would not indulge in dessert so early in the morning… but hey, what is the harm if it is only once in a while. “I would like a coffee jelly as well,” she decided to add, before stepping off to the side so the next person in line can order. Amaya flashed Yoshi-chan a smile. “Alright, it will not take them long to make either one, so do you want to sit down, or just wait here?” she asked, leaning against him again.

He nodded his head remembering a time when he was a kitten, or rather fully kitten, and he had become briefly ill. It wasn't from eating too much, but his stomach was rather upset as a result all the same. Just the feeling of not being able to eat even if he wanted to made him dread it. Yoshi giggled a little more, her constant playful prodding starting to make him feel rather ticklish. He was tempted to start straight up tickling her in retaliation, but luckily for her he was more focused on food at the moment. "Oh daifuku? That sounds yummy, what's it like?" He asked, only really thinking it to be yummy because she had suggested it. Then again, being the food obsessed neko-boy that he was, anything that was food sounded appetizing to him.

He returned her smile with his own goofy grin. "Let's wait her then." He replied. Looking back up at the menu, he wondered about what else they could eat here. "They serve other kinds of food do they serve here Amaya-chan? We can come back here to eat later right? Like, they serve different things for lunch in dinner right?" He certainly was rather inquisitive and asked a lot of questions, food related or not. Thankfully, Amaya was a kind and patient sort, though time would tell if he would be able to wear her out or not.

“Daifuku? Ah…” How best to describe it? Amaya tapped a finger on her chin, thinking over her words carefully before she starts answering his question. “It is… small, and round,” she chose to begin with. “It is sort of like a doughnut, but not. It is sweet in the middle.” Amaya bestowed a smile upon the boy, only to laugh softly under her breath. “Do not worry; it is really yummy. I happen to like daifuku a lot, myself. I just never buy any, because I have to watch my girlish figure.” It was a joke, but she doubts he will understand it anytime soon. Taking his arm, Amaya moved him off to the side so they will not be in anyone’s way, and went so far as to lean her head against his shoulder. “Of course they serve other kinds of food,” Amaya replied. “I believe the lunch items are the same as dinner, just the portion sizes are different. Trust me. You do not want a full belly around noon.”

Amaya pulled away from him right as the young man behind the counter called out their number, moving on to retrieve his treat. It will surely satisfy his sweet tooth… and, hopefully, keep him full for a little while. If he keeps this up, she might go broke before the end of the week! “Here you go,” Amaya chirped once she returned, a small styrofoam bowl in her hand with five small, round cakes, just like she described earlier. “Enjoy these while they are hot. Be careful, though.” Maybe she should get him something to drink, too? Amaya left him briefly to buy a bottle of water, but held onto it while he took his first bite.

Even though Amaya gave him a more than adequate description, Yoshi still didn't really quite know what to expect. For all he knew, they could just be like marginally bigger kitty treats but for people. He didn't doubt that it would be yummy though! And while it was true that her joke about her girl figure went right over his head, it actually did prompt him to briefly wonder why her body was a little different from his regarding her chest. For a split second, his gaze actually lingered on her breasts, but then moved on just as quickly. He was quite happy to hear that they did indeed serve different things for lunch and dinner, even going so far as to clap his hands together once to express his joy. "Really? That's great! We should definitely come back here later to eat some more then."

After she pulled him off to the side and retrieved their dessert, Yoshi took in and savored the enticing aroma of the freshly prepared pastries. "Mhmmm, it smells great!" He exclaimed, a bit more drool forming in the corner of his mouth. He was about to take one, but before he could Amaya instead held it up for him. Grinning widely, he leaned forward and consumed the whole thing in a single bite, taking care not to chomp her fingers of course. Pulling away, he proceeded to chew the sweet confection with an expression of utter delight on his face. "Mhmmmm! It's delicious Amaya-chan! It tastes waaay better than the kitty treats that you gave me! Why does human food taste so much better than pet food? It seems so unfair ha ha!"

Amaya could not help but give into laughter, the sort which is genuine and true, without a hint of insincerity woven into the notes. “I swear, what am I going to do with you?” she teased, reaching out a hand and, after rising up onto her tippy-toes, ruffled his hair. “I suppose… to answer your question, it is because our tummies do not get upset so easily. It does seem unfair, but I would hate to make you sick every time I give you daifuku!” Dark green eyes sparkling like a pair of emeralds, her smile small but sweet, Amaya went to link her arm through his. It was only after a moment of hesitation that she let her cheek rest against his shoulder. “I did buy three, but I must warn you: don’t eat them all at once, okay? Don’t… eat them in a single bite, either,” Amaya chuckled, lifting her head if only to poke him playfully in the side.

“You need to learn how to chew. Don’t you want your food to last a little bit longer?” Amaya began to lead them out into the courtyard, where others have gathered to enjoy the beautiful day. “Don’t you want to… oh, I don’t know… enjoy your food? Every single bite?” A few threads of gold tumbled forward to brush against the curve of her jaw… but she did not bother to lift a hand and brush these away. No, if anything… she was fine with it, simply because of the fact that it will hide her face from view. “Oh, uh… Do you still want to see the student center? I can take you in, but… we are not allowed to eat inside. Either we have to finish these up now, or close them up and make it very obvious we are not eating,” Amaya warned him. “I hate to say it, but they can be pretty strict on rules here.”

Yoshi couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was something about the way Amaya laughed that really put his heart at ease. He heard her laugh plenty of times before when he was just a kitten, and it was pleasing surely. But in the short time that he had been a human neko, there was something different about the way she giggled. It somehow seemed more, sincere? More carefree? Whatever it was, he absolutely adored it and wanted to hear it even more. "Ah, is that so?" He said as she explained to him the differences between people and kitty tummies. "Humans are so lucky, being able to eat so many different kinds of yummy foods without upsetting their stomachs. I'm so glad that I'm one now too!" He didn't at all mind how cuddly she was becoming with him either, making no effort to resist her leaning against him.

He blinked a few times blankly when she suggested that he should take a bit of time to chew and savor his food, as if such a concept was entirely alien to him. Looking back to his daifuku, he grabbed one and took a bite rather than popping the whole thing in his mouth at once. He then proceeded to chew it like a normal person, and the results were very apparent. A small blush formed on his face as he made a satisfying "Mhmmmmmmm~" sound while he properly enjoyed his treat. Thankfully, he waited until swallowing before speaking up again. "Wow, you were right Amaya-chan! It's so much better to to eat it slowly! You're so smart!" Once again, his naive nature had him quite clearly impressed with an otherwise mundane practice.

He continued to finish off his second Daifuku as she asked and told him about the student center. "That's alright, I don't mind waiting until we're done eating!" He happily told her. Taking his last remaining confection, rather than eat it himself he held it up to Amaya's face. "Here, you have a bite too Amaya-chan! Say ahhhh" It seemed that he wanted to try and feed her just as she did to him earlier.

“Please. I’m not that smart,” Amaya replied on the softest of laughs, her lips curving into a smile. Heat swept over her features before very long… no doubt painting the skin either pink or red, though she has no idea which. “It’s just… something I was taught when I was younger. Now it’s my turn to teach you.” Amaya twisted somewhat to tap him on the nose playfully. “I have a lot to teach you, if you’re going to be human.” It’s a little intimidating, she’ll admit that much… but it’s a challenge she can’t wait to get started on, either. Yoshi-chan is and will forever remain her best friend… boy or kitten. Amaya lifted a hand to brush a few pieces of rebellious hair behind an ear, only to be taken by surprise. Is he offering to share? Aww! How sweet! Another smile threatening to pull at her lips, and she didn’t resist the impulse. A hand reached out so that the fingers could gently wrap around his waist.

“I swear. I bought these for you, silly kitty.” Amaya leaned in to take a bite of the delicious confectionary treat, doing it very differently than he did earlier. No, he was messy and devoured it whole… but she didn’t. Bright green eyes looked up at him as she chewed, and she smiled once she swallowed. Of course Amaya had no idea that a little of the anko is on her lip. “Thank you, Yoshi-chan. That was really sweet of you to share.” A hand touching his cheek for just a moment or two, Amaya chuckled before leading the way to the student center. “I don’t mind if you check out what goes on here… but remember, I have to be at class soon. In other words, we can’t stay long. Okay? I have to get out of here before-” Oh, right. He doesn’t know the concept of time, not yet. Uh oh.

Amaya considered the idea of teaching him real quick, but… only problem is, he really wants to check out the student center, so they don’t have the time. Not really. A soft sigh leaving the poor girl, Amaya reached out to take his hand. “Come on. I want you to have some fun,” Amaya told him with a small smile, even though deep down, she’s reluctant to take one step closer to the building. How many times has she had to endure the pressure of having so many eyes on her? How many times has she gone in, thinking maybe, just maybe, she’ll be able to make friends… only to run out, nearly in tears? Amaya didn’t dare think about it, and instead kept her kitten in mind. “Are you ready to go inside? Are you done with your daifuku?”

Yoshi shook his head with a grin as he spoke eagerly. "No way, you're super smart Amaya-chan! You know about so many things that I don't. You're definitely the smartest person that I know!" Obviously, she was the only person aside from Emily that he did actually know. But of course the comical nature of his sincere comment flew right over his head. "I promise to try my best to learn as much as I can for you!" The young neko-boy was just brimming with genuine joy and enthusiasm, something that would likely make the task of teaching him how the world around him works both easier and more difficult at the same time.

He giggled happily when she jokingly protested as she accepted his little offering. "Heh heh, I can't keep such yummy food to myself though!" He was more than happy to share his food with Amaya of course, and he very much looked forward to trying out all kinds of delicious foods with her in the future. When she finished though, he noticed that she had a bit of anko on her face. "Ah, hold on Amaya-chan." He said interrupting her for a brief moment. Using his finger, he delicately removed the small amount of red bean paste and ate it himself, sporting a playful grin the whole time. Naturally, he didn't realize the intimate nature of such an act and didn't think twice about it.

It was true that he didn't understand how time was measured, but thankfully he was at least able to comprehend the concept and have basic understanding of how it worked. "Ah that's okay Amaya-chan, we don't have to stay long. I'm just really curious to see what it's like now! And I'm sure that we can come back later, right? I'm ready if you are!" He energetically announced, quite excited to finally go in after having talked about it with her so much.

In the blink of an eye, Amaya blushed red… to the roots of her hair. Did he just-? No, no. Yoshi-chan doesn’t have any concept of… romantic advances, or anything along those lines. He has no idea what dating is, or why people do it! A soft, breathless laugh spilling out of the girl, Amaya played with a few pieces of hair between her fingers before brushing the threads behind an ear. “I swear… What am I going to do with you?” she whispered under her breath, biting her lip for a moment or two before… moving on. “No, no. I get it. You’re curious. I would be, too, if I was in your… shoes.” Uh oh. He won’t know that saying.

“Come on. Let’s get going.” Amaya brought her eyes up to meet his, giving the feline a smile meant for his eyes, and his eyes only. A hand reaching out to take his, their fingers linking together while she went on to… lead the way. Her other hand opened the door for him, the cool air wafting over their skin as they stepped inside. “Oh. Wait. I have to pull out my student ID,” Amaya told him, taking this opportunity to pull out her wallet. “If I don’t, we can’t open the door,” she went on to explain, gesturing to the next set of doors. This room is made up of mostly windows, so he can see the several students inside, playing video games, ping-pong, and card games at the tables.

Amaya waved the ID card in front of the scanner, and a green light went off. “Alright. We can go inside, now. You go ahead and… have fun.” Amaya held the door open for him, and gestured for him to go on inside… without her. No, she isn’t going to prevent him from having fun. Yoshi-chan is still so new to things, she’d have to ruin anything for the feline boy. “Be nice to everyone,” she warned, pointing a finger at him. “Don’t… jump in unless you think it’s okay. Say please and thank you. Alright?” Amaya lifted her brows, giving him a look.

Yoshi wasn't sure why Amaya's face turned so red like that, but she sure did look cute that way! He sorta wanted to ask her about it, but decided that it could wait until later. He gave her an eager nod as she took his hand and led him inside, letting out a pleased sigh as the cool air conditioned room provided a nice relief from the warm sun outside. They didn't go very far before they were stopped by a second door though. He watched curiously as she held up her ID card which caused the little light to flash and prompted the clicking sound of the door unlocking. "Woah.." He said in awe like a young naive child, though really that was a fairly accurate description of him. "You can open doors with your little card? That's so cool!"

Seeing so many different people doing so many different things, Yoshi was like a kid in a candy store and didn't know where to start! He was quick to step inside and look around, but stopped himself first as Amaya instructed him on how to behave himself. "Ah okay Amaya-chan, I promise to be good!" He turned around and took another step towards the first thing that caught his attention, only to stop and turn back around. "Wait, aren't you coming too Amaya-chan?" He said with a confused expression. He realized that she wanted to keep to mostly keep to herself, but he at least wanted her to be there with him. Despite his carefree attitude, the thought of being around so many people without her near by actually sort of worried him. Friendly and goofy as he was, even he was capable of feeling nervous.

"Huh? Oh. Uh..." Amaya glanced about as several pairs of curious eyes lifted to look at them, or rather, at her. The tips of her ears began to burn. "I-I-I'm coming in, don't worry!" she blurted out, laughing nervously while taking a step inside. The door closed behind her, just to lock with an electronic click. "I just thought I'd let you have your fun... that's all!" Does Yoshi-chan expect her to be right by his side, interacting with these strangers-? Her heart beating a little bit harder at the idea, Amaya swallowed past the lump in her throat before giving the feline a small smile of encouragement. "I'm, ah... I'll be right over here, if you need me. Don't worry. I'm not going to leave you alone right off the bat." Is her palms sweaty? Uh oh. Her stomach's in knots, too...

Amaya fidgeted from one foot to the other, uneasy in front of people she doesn't know. A quick glance revealed that there's several chairs set up against the wall. Nobody else seems to be interesting in taking up a career as a wallflower, and so... Amaya flashed him one last smile before taking a seat. "I'll be right here," she told him again, her whole body trembling at this point. Amaya just doesn't do well with strangers. It's unnerving. It always makes her palms sweat, her heart race... her stomach twist in knots. It's a wonder she's been able to survive this long in the 'real world'. Amaya's parents used to say that she'd be better off staying at home, taking online classes, but she wanted to exert herself... she wanted to make friends, to experience life. How sad. It's what she wanted, and yet... she can't seem to take the first step.

Normally Yoshi's cheerful and excited demeanor would have immediately returned to him the moment that she agreed to come inside with him. However he noticed how she hesitated to enter the building and that she suddenly seemed to become considerably more uneasy compared to a moment ago, raising a red flag of sorts. Instead, he merely gave her a more halfhearted smile as he responded unusually carefully. "Ah, okay then Amaya-chan." Unfortunately, it seemed that his alarm was not unwarranted as Amaya's condition only got worse as she quickly sat down and began to visible tremble. "Ah Amaya-chan wait!" He said to her as she turned away. He decided that he had to take action, his instincts to calm and comfort her having fully kicked in now. As excited as he was to check out the student center, it would have to wait for another day as Amaya's well being was a vastly bigger priority to him.

He hurriedly followed her over to the chairs on the wall, sitting next to her and taking her hands in his. He spoke in an unusually soft and gentle voice. "Amaya-chan, are you okay? You don't look so good. Should we maybe leave? We don't have to stay if you don't like it here. I-I can always come back later right? It's okay, really!" The loyal neko boy was prepared to do whatever it took to help his beloved master. He would even carry her out of there himself! Of course such a scenario seemed rather unlikely, but if she continued to break down as quickly as she was then who knew?

Amaya blinked her big green eyes up at him, not expecting any of this. A few tears gathered, but none fell. No, instead a weak smile began to pull at the girl’s lips. “H-Hey! What? I’m okay, Yoshi-chan! Really!” Heat rising to her face, Amaya forced herself to smile and laugh, if only… to put his mind at ease. It’s sweet of him to worry, but she doesn’t want to get in the way of him having fun. It’s not his fault she’s very antisocial… or a stick in the mud, as Emily would put it so eloquently. “No, no. I’m okay. Let’s stay. I know you want to… see what this place is all about, so let’s stay. I don’t like it here, but… that’s only because you know how I am around strangers…” Her words trailing off, Amaya fought against the urge to hide her face from view, and tried to play with the sleeves of her sweater… only, it wasn’t a very good distraction. Amaya swallowed past the lump in her throat, the tips of her ears burning so hot, she’s surprised the skin isn’t melting off.

“I-I-I swear, I’m okay. I just wish I’d brought a book, that’s all.” Amaya offered him another weak, though this one was weaker than the last. It’s just hard to endure the staring. It’s… oppressive. “You go ahead and have fun, Yoshi-chan. I’ll be right here if you need me, okay?” Amaya pulled one of her hands out of his, just to reach up and ruffle his hair. It was halfway tempting to rub one of his ears… but for now, she’ll keep it to this. Maybe later she’ll find out if his ears are just as soft as before, or not. “I’m here if you have any questions, too.” Amaya shifted in her seat, trying with all her might not to fidget too terribly much.

Normally, Yoshi would have been ready to believe most anything Amaya told him without a second thought. But right now, the neko-boy wasn't buying it for a second. As a kitten, he had always seemed to be particularly tuned to his owner's mental state, knowing when she was feeling down after a bad day and in need of emotional support. It seemed that this trait of his hadn't changed at all after becoming human. He could tell that she was just barely keeping herself from breaking down, and his staying here despite that would be utterly unacceptable! He didn't like acting against what she told him, but he had to do something and soon. "But, but you're not okay!" He protested, still miraculously speaking in a soft voice, though the two of them were still drawing a bit of attention to themselves. "Come on Amaya-chan let's leave. I can't possibly have fun knowing how upset you are just being here.."

In one sudden but smooth motion, Yoshi actually did pick the young college student up, carrying her in his arms like a knight and his princess. If they weren't drawing most of the bystander's attention before, the certainly were now. Predictably, he didn't notice this himself, not that he would have payed it any mind if he did anyways. All that mattered to him was that Amaya needed his help. With everyone looking on, he carried her back to the door. Thankfully, it only locked from the outside meaning he didn't require her student ID to open. Once outside, he looked around for a quiet place without too many people where Amaya could calm down. Spotting a shade providing tree, he made his way over there. Setting her down ever so gently, he placed his hand on her shoulder, offering her comfort. "I-It's okay Amaya-chan.." He said, a little worked up and emotional himself but still managed to offer her a small but genuine smile. "I-It's just us now.. We'll be okay.."

“N-No! Yoshi-chan! Wait!” Amaya can’t believe it. Not only the tips of her ears burning, but her entire face, Amaya buried her face into his chest as he carried her out of the student center… as if he’s a prince straight out of a fairy tale. How-? Why-? No, no… It’s better if she doesn’t ask. Besides. It’s not as though it’s going to make the situation any better. Yes, she’s out of there… but she’s more embarrassed than she’s ever been in her entire life! Amaya finally dared to open her eyes once the whispering slipped away, replaced by chirping birds and… just a reassuring quiet. A hand was placed on her shoulder in an act of comfort, and it was then that her dark green eyes blinked at him. It didn’t take long for a weak smile to pull at the corners of her lips. Amaya reached up a hand to lay it over his, tears pricking her eyes now. “Th-Thank you, Yoshi-chan…” she whispered, sniffling while using her other hand to wipe at her wet cheeks.

Oh. Oh no. Didn’t she ruin everything for him? Amaya’s eyes watered again, as horror struck. “I-I-I’m sorry!” she cried out softly, a few tears slipping down her cheeks again. “You wanted to play games in the student center, and I-I-I…” A hiccup interrupting whatever she was fixing to say next, Amaya swallowed past the lump in her throat and lifted her knees to curl into a ball. “I’m… the worst owner ever…” Amaya croaked after a good minute or two. “I-I can’t even pull myself together long enough to let you… enjoy yourself…” Threads of gold plastering against a wet, flushed cheek, Amaya buried her face into her knees… hiding from view. “I am… so, so, so sorry!” Is she really so pathetic? Why can’t she tolerate crowds of strangers? Why couldn’t she pull herself together for more than a minute? It’s fine if she’s attending classes and nobody’s attention is on her… but going into the student center seems to be a task and a half! Amaya rubbed at her eyes roughly, sniffling all the while.

Yoshi frowned as he watched his dearest Amaya brake down into tears. It was like having his heart torn out and cut into pieces right in front of him. It was making him emotional in turn, his own eyes tearing up and his voice shaky and on the verge of crying. He was able to hold most of it in though, thinking he had to be strong for his master. And despite all this, he was still confident that he did the right thing, getting her out of there. The job wasn't done just yet though, obviously. He still needed to offer her emotional support just like he always did. Gently pulling her knees apart, he leaned in and embraced her in a tender hug, rubbing her back to further sooth her.

"Shhhhhhh, It's okay Amaya-chan.." He said to her softly. "You didn't do anything wrong. I wanted to see what the student center was like, but I also wanted you to be there with me. And if you don't like it in the student center, then I don't want to go there. If anything, it's my fault for asking you to come with me! All I really need is to be with you. As long as I get to spend time with you, then nothing else matters. So please don't cry, o-okay Amaya-chan?" He broke the hug to gaze into her emerald eyes, tears running down his own face as well, yet he still managed to form a weak but genuine smile for her.

Back
Top Bottom