Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wishing upon a star (pods6827 and MMRS)

"Oh, this is not good, this is not good at all."

The observation came from one of three fairies, all three older women fluttering around in medieval gowns. The pronouncement came from the gray haired fairy in the green grown.

"The story isn't supposed to go this way at all. Not at all." The observation was made by the gray haired fairy in the rose dish. "We are only supposed to deal with Maleficent. Not this other problem. And the other problem is everyone's problem, not just ours. What are we to do?"

"If the problem came from outside," the dark haired fairy in blue said decisively, "Then the solution must come from outside as well." With that, all three fairies pointed their wands upwards. Bright sparks from all three shot upward, and formed a star.

And in another world, a star grew brighter, a star that would bring an unsuspecting knight to the star formed by the three fairies.

All in all, Steven thought as he made his way out of the park that contained the Renaissance Fair he'd taken part in, the day had been a fairly good one. He'd managed to get his knight costume ready for the big day, having gotten one of his friends to make him a decent chain shirt, all the people there had been very pleasant, and in the best costume contest he'd managed to pick up second prize for his. The prize had been a nice Nerf sword, one that he'd been wanting for a while, so he was pretty happy with it.

Yes, all in all a good day. And as he approached his car so that he could head back to his home Steven tossed the fake sword from hand to hand, enjoying the feel of it. He laughed slightly, before pointing it straight up in the air with a grin, just a young man enjoying his youth.

Suddenly he noted what looked like a star shining up above him, a surprising sight given that it wasn't too late yet. Squinting at the light, it seemed to Steven that it was getting bigger, almost as though it was moving towards him...

Suddenly Steven was enveloped by the light, before both he and the star disappeared entirely, the whole event taking little more than a few seconds.

Steven found himself in a castle tower, the walls made of cold, damp stone, the walls decorated with tattered tapestries, and the whole room made dark and dreary by have one large open portal that looked out on a cold, gray sky. Below, the landscape was covered with thick, wooden vines covered with sharp, deadly thorns the size of spikes.

Three rather rotund fairies, no larger than Steven's hand, immediately circled Steven's head.

"Oh, this won't do, Merryweather, this will never do," said the fairy in the green dress. "He's no knight. He's no knight at all! Everything about him is false!"

"Nonsense," the fairy in blue declared. "Yes, maybe this is shadow play for him, but we can make a man out of the shadow."

The fairy in the rose gown just shook her head at the other two, before fluttering in front of the young man. "What is your name?"

"Ugh, what hit me," Steven muttered as the bright light of the star subsided, staggering slightly as he landed on a stone floor. A quick look around showed that, wherever he was, it certainly wasn't the parking lot of a Renaissance fair.

Suddenly being surrounded by a trio of three tiny women, Steven couldn't help but step back in surprise. "Erm, my name's Steven," he said before looking more closely at the three. "Who are you three? And where am I? One minute I was on my way home and the next I'm here..."

"Well, perhaps he might be more useful than he appears," the fairy in green conceded.

"Hush!" the fairy in the rose dress admonished her fellow in green before turning her attention back to Steven. "I could tell you where you are, young man, but it might be easier for you to tell me. Steven, have you ever seen a movie where three fairies, one in rose, one in green and one in blue, were indispensable in aiding a knight to wake a sleeping princess?" The fairy in the rose dress waved her wand and added, "Maybe a song will help."

From outside the tower's single window, a song could be heard:

"I walked with you
Once upon a dream..."

The sight of the three fairies caught something in Steven's memories, and the red dressed one's description, plus the song that was coming in through the window made him realize just who these three fairies were. "Ah!" he said with a snap of his fingers, "You three are the good fairies from Sleeping Beauty!" He blinked, wondering if all of this was a dream, or a hallucination from eating a bad corn dog. "So if that's the case, then how am I here? Aren't you all," He paused as though trying to think of the right word to use, "Fictional?"

"Well, that's rather rude, don't you think?" the green clad fairy said with a sniff.

"It does show that he's very perceptive," the blue clad fairy said defensively.

The rose clad fairy shrugged, "So if that's the case, then this shouldn't hurt, should it?" The rose clad fairy pointed her wand at Steven and blast of sparks slammed Steven against the tower wall.

Steven had been about to apologize to the green clad fairy when the red on knocked him into the wall. Groaning, he got back up to his feet and glared in her direction. "Okay, you've made your point," he said, shaking some of the stone dust off of him. "So since we've established where I am, can you tell me why you've brought me here?"

"In the normal course of things, a champion would have been found to deal with Maleficent," the rose clad fairy began. "Despite that ghastly Descendants thing, that's how things proceed here. You and yours have been eavesdropping on our universe long enough to know that's how it goes. However..."

"However," the green clad fairy continued, "One of yours decided to do more than eavesdrop. Normally, another champion would be called out to deal with the interloper. But..."

"But we're going to have fight fire with fire. And you're our champion!" the blue clad fairy said, the delight in her voice very obvious.

"Descendants was pretty lousy," Steven agreed, wondering where they were going with this. At the revelation that he was to be their Champion he couldn't believe his ears. "I can't help but think that you might have picked the wrong person to be your Champion," he said as he looked between the three fairies. "I've never even been in a fight before!"

The green robed fairy rolled her eyes. "Oh, this is what we are reduced to."

The blue fairy rolled her eyes. "We need someone who can think outside the tale, not someone whom the tale thinks for."

"Merryweather is correct, Fauna," the rose garbed fairy said with a tone of finality. "The problem is, Steven, is that the interloper isn't remaining in just a single tale. They've crossed here and there, and moved characters willy nilly. I don't think they have rhyme or reason in their method. They've just decided to do as they wish and left chaos in their wake. It's something only someone from your world can do, and so it stands to reason it's something only someone from your world can undo."

Hearing the reasoning Flora gave Steven couldn't help but nod his head. "Alright, since it seems that you need my help I'll do what I can." He looked between the three, "So, since it looks like we're in Sleeping Beauty right now I assume that's where I'll be starting getting things back to normal?"

All three fairies sighed simultaneously.

"Unfortunately," the rose garbed fairy began, "Aurora isn't here anymore. As I said, the person from your world mixed everything up. Some tales are doubled up, others are vacant."

"However, we have some ideas," Merryweather began.

"And possibly...possibly...it might be possible to help you decide how you're going to solve the different tales," Fauna said with a disdainful sniff. "But I suppose we'll have to help him into the first tale, won't we, Flora?" she asked the rose garbed fairy.

"Into the first tale, yes," Flora agreed. "And from there, well, Steven, I'm afraid you'll be on your own. You'll have to, er hum, collect the different princesses, and convince them using, er hum, unorthodox measures, to accompany you into subsequent tales. And the princesses don't have experience with, er hum, unorthodox measures."

There was a definite bright redness of all three fairies.

Steven had been all set to help the fairies put things right in the multiverse, but the way they were avoiding telling him exactly what he'd need to do, coupled with the crimson color of their cheeks, gave him a suspicion of what they meant. "And by 'unorthodox measures', do you mean that I'll need to seduce the princesses?" A slight blush was appearing on his own cheeks as he thought about it, remembering that many of the princesses from the movies were quite beautiful.

Fauna blanched, while Merryweather looked as if she might hyperventilate.

"Well, I'm not sure what will be required," FLora responded. "But yes, that might be one option that will have to be considered. Though bear in mind, all the princesses are, er hum, virgins."

"Hmm, maybe 'woo' would be more accurate?" Steven asked, though the question was mostly rhetorical. Regardless, it seemed that he would need to convince the various princesses to return to their proper stories. "Alright, I can do that," he said, even as he was slightly amused by the looks on the faces of the fairies, "Is there anything else that I need to know, or should we begin my...let's call it a quest?"

"I wish I could tell you more, Steven," Flora said. "But other than you must keep all the princesses together, and moving from one tale to another, until you find the other interloper..." Flora shrugged.

"I'm not even sure where to tell you to start," she admitted with an air to defeat. "Although I can tell you where we think you might start, and how to start."

"Alright then," Steven said, stretching his arms slightly as he stood before the three. "Where and how do you think I should start?"

"There are four places you might start," Flora began.

"Pixie Hollow," Fauna began, "Though what Tinker Belle and her lot can do to help, I'm not sure."

"Or the castle of Willie the Giant," Merryweather interjected. "Somehow that scoundrel had Belle and Jasmine captive in a giant birdcage, and has terrible designs, I'm sure!"

"The land of Ellonwy has been given some influence over Atlantis, though how and why we do not know," Fauna said darkly.

"And there is also the possibility that the interloper is after the heart of Te Fiti," Flora concluded. "I should warn you, Steven, that sometimes, the tales you have seen, are perhaps not as sweet or as gentle as the actual tales themselves. Consider your world's Brothers Grimm." Fauna sighed before continuing. And we may aid you into entering one tale, and give you what preparations we can, but once you enter that first tale, you are beyond our reach."

"We can send you back to where you came from, if you wish," Fauna added.

"But we really need you, Steven," Merryweather quickly added. "The Tales need you very much."

"Hmm," Steven considered the four options he was given carefully. "I think it'd be best if I see if the Interloper is after the Heart first," he said, nodding to himself. "If it has even a fraction of the power that it seemed to in it's movie then I don't like the idea of him getting his hands on it."

"Or her hands on it," Fauna corrected with a huff. "No telling who the interloper is. You shouldn't be presuming!"

"I'm sure he'll do fine," Merryweather said in defense of Steven.

"But the question is, what wishes should we send with him?" Flora pondered.

"Fair enough," Steven allowed as he was corrected by Fauna, "His or her hands."

"Something to protect me from harm would be appreciated," he said, "Or maybe a wish to travel safely? I suppose you three would know what I might need better than I would..."

"Fairness?" Fauna suggested.

"Stride?" Merryweather added.

"Boldness," Flora concluded. All three fairies pointed their wand at Steven and he was covered in multicolored sparks. In an instance, a transformed figure emerged from the sparks.

a4827dce19a6c8e32b2241c1b84314f7--college-disney-little-mermaids.jpg

"Hmmm," Flora said, looking at the transformed Steven. "I'm not sure. Though you do seem more prepared to take on the challenge of recovering the heart of Te Feti."

Steven's eyes widened as the three fairies pointed their wands at him, remembering how he'd been sent into a wall earlier. He was about to speak up when he was enveloped by their sparks.

Once the light died down Steven looked down at himself, finding that his knight costume was gone, replaced by a swim suit that hugged his body fairly closely. He noted that the spell had also given him a bit more muscle, though it didn't seem to have actually changed his appearance more than that. "I like it," he said once he looked back up at the fairies, "It certainly seems more fitting for a tropical place like where I'm going."

"It may be the only change we can give you," Flora warned. "We have no idea what path you will take through the tales, or if any of those paths will lead you back here. Are you sure, Steven?"

Back
Top Bottom