Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Eyes White Lover (Fox)

His response was a smile that radiated warmth. What were friends for if not to be there for each other? He thought about keeping on the subject and asking if he were alright despite the fact that he was shining an 'alright' kind of air all of a sudden. But decided not to press it for now. Besides. If he were upset or anything showing off something that he'd put so much obviously intense work in to would have been the perfect thing to make him feel better.

So on they went, Mokuba making his moves as thoughtfully as he could for his small understanding of the game. "Ack!" The sound of surprise was pointed to the happening he'd triggered but big ocean blues turned on Ryou as he asked his question.

Curiously rounded eyes scrunched a little through the sudden change in his facial features into perfectly devious. He leaned forward across the table to make sure he was close enough to be as quiet as possible juuust in case. Of course, he was careful of the game pieces. "We do," he answered first before his volume pitched to a whisper. "And we're going to Domino City."

That deviousness didn't leave his him as he peeked over toward the napping CEO. "Sorry it's not any place fancy like Paris or something. But I figured since it's my turn next time maybe you can help me pick then. I picked this today cause we haven't really cruised the area for a while."

Again surprise colored his features. They were going back to Domino City? Snickers made strange sounds through his nose as he tried to hold them back. "We're circling around in a jet, just to return home?" His playful inquiry didn't seem in the least bit disappointed, and he shook his head at the apology. "I think it's kind of you to give your brother the chance to rest," he replied, glancing over his shoulder again, this time to catch a glimpse of the slumbering man. "I guess that isn't something he gets very often."

His pleasant look continued through a few more turns. "I know I asked for your help in getting to know Seto, but first," he shifted the clothed figurine to another square. "What sort of things do you like? Aside from games, that is." It didn't seem fair to ask such things without first getting to know the teen in front of him. Especially with his offer of friendship resonating so deeply inside the decidedly lonely Ryou Bakura.

That deviousness melted into warmth that held the slightest twinge of worry;something he'd learned to hide pretty well, at least from Seto. He nodded lightly. "You guess right. Although I gotta admit it wasn't entirely selfless." A soft chuckle puffed in his chest. "If we'd just gone into the city he woulda been irritable all day. Prob'ly still will. But giving him a nap makes it a lot better than making him go when he's real tired. Sometimes, if it's a real good nap, he even has a little fun. But don't tell him I said so cause he 'doesn't have fun' as far as anyone else knows."

He blinked a bit as the topic was turned to himself. It was a little weird for it to happen all of a sudden after everything else that had gone on but some heat tinged his face. Some things still tended to bring out that shyness in him. For instance; he wasn't really used to talking about himself too much.

"Me? Uh..." He needed to think for a moment. So he took his turn again while he did. "I dunno. I guess I like scary movies... And phycolgical thrillers... And action movies... I guess most kinds of movies actually." He chuckled again, only not outright laughing at himself for the sake of being quiet. " although now that i think about it that might just be cause its a nice thing to do with Seto that doesnt take a whole lotta time. Ummm... I like drawing. Aaand I like making Seto try new things. Ooh, and exploring stuff! Also candy."

"I guess mostly just fun stuff in general really." Bubbly smile was landed on Ryou. "How's that for a list?" It was hard to think of things right on the spot so he was a little proud of what he'd come up with. "How bout you Ryou?"

"Oh, I'm not so sure about that. He seemed to have a lot of fun toying with my team," he countered with a quiet laugh of his own. "And me too, actually. He has a cruel sense of humor," but he didn't seem irritated when he spoke. In fact, Ryou looked rather amused. "I don't mind it. It was scary at the time, but thinking back on it, it's a lot funnier."

While Mokuba listed things off, Ryou moved his character again. It seemed he was on the ropes for the time being. "I'd like to watch a horror film with you," he started. "Though, I'm not much of a fan of blood. I prefer poltergeist films to slasher." His cheeks were beginning to hurt, he hadn't smiled this much in a very long time; but now it seemed etched permanently etched onto his face. Mokuba may be the vice president of a major corporation, but he was still a teenager, and it showed. "I think it is a very good list."

"Me? Oh, well. You are right about my love of the occult, but I also enjoy a good romantic comedy..." He placed a finger to his lips. "But don't tell anyone that. It's sort of a guilty pleasure." For more information, he too had to pause, and he hummed while looking over his own character sheet. "I enjoy playing RPGs, and model making. As you can see." He motioned to the table. "I also enjoy cooking. I think living on my own for so long has made me a pretty good chef, though I don't want to brag." He could make a damn good dinner, with a perfectly frosted creme brulee. "And an hour or so with a good book is probably my favorite way to relax."

Ryou hummed softly, then leaned in over the table, once more covering the side of his mouth. "Don't tell anyone, but I'm actually not a fan of Duel Monsters. At least, not playing it. I really only like deck building." It was a dirty little secret he kept from his card game obsessed friends.

Mokuba was chuckling practically through the entirety of Ryou's musings on his big brother. He wasn't wrong. Seto had a very twisted sense of humor. In fact, the younger Kaiba brought it up to him on occasion when it was turned against him. The good thing was that despite how bad Seto could get Mokuba happened to be a very laid back person. That and he could almost always tell when Seto wasn't being serious; if only for the fact that the man was so serious so often and it was a totally different feeling in the air when he wasn't.

The teen moved his piece once again when Ryou's turn passed. "That sounds great. I don't like gorey stuff all that much either. I like the jump out and scare you off your seat kind. Ghost ones are usually pretty cool. And I like plenty of twists." The boy was pretty bubbly as it sat. So while all the smiling they were doing was a bit excessive there weren't really any adverse effects on him. Although all that chuckling was getting a little heavy.

He made a typical face that spelled 'gross' toward the enlightenment about the other genre he liked. But actually he didn't mind them that much either. "I couldn't boil water to save my life," he added toward the end.

When his dislike of Duel Monsters was brought up however that smile pulled away. It was replaced with thoughtfully pinched lips and a slight hint of confusion. "Really?" Mokuba was pretty sure he wasnt, but he could have been thinking of someone else this time. He could have sworn Ryou had looked like he was having a lot of fun dueling in Battle City; maybe even too much. Oh well. It wasn't like he was gonna accuse the guy of lying. In fact he doubted he was. What would be the reason?

"I like watching Seto duel better than anything else, but I dont really like it that much either other than that." The young CEO tended to really come to life at times like that. And his little brother loved seeing that happen to him.

"You know, it really surprised me that you're calling him Seto. With Mister 'I don't need friend's it really was something I just didn't see coming." Once again those big baby blues turned over to the napping man. "Another thing he says all the time is that he doesn't relax," he added candidly. "Although I think out of all that kind of stuff that one's probably the most true." He laughed lightly as a thought struck him.

And he shared. "Sometimes I do wonder if he even does know how to relax. Aside from sleeping I mean. Even then he's not all that great at it. Although I noticed a while back that the place he seems to sleep real well is on the jet. I dont know why though. That was around when we stopped using Blue Eyes as much. I miss it, but im kinda reluctant to give up these rides just to be able to get back in it."

Last edited:
"Have you seen the Sixth Sense? It's a bit old, but I think you'd like it, if you like jump scares." And twists. It was one of the best he'd ever seen. If not the best, but if Mokuba hadn't seen it, then mentioning a surprise would ruin it. The teen's disbelief wasn't surprising, but he nodded his head with an affirmative hum.

Again he nodded, finally looking up from his sheet. "He is quite the animated duelist," he agreed. "I haven't seen him duel often," he was usually in a coma or hidden away in a soul room. "But from what I have seen, he puts on a great show. Especially when he summons his Blue Eyes White Dragon." It seemed he was also a bit enamored with Seto's dueling, though he wouldn't say so specifically.

"To be perfectly honest, so am I." Ryou sat back a little in his seat, hands clasped in his lap while they spoke so casually. Something he never thought would happen with either Kaiba brothers. Though, he supposed it would be Mokuba over Seto. "I think it was a tactic to frighten my co-workers, but he hasn't told me to stop and I don't plan to until he does. Hopefully, it will convince him to call me Ryou, instead of Bakura."

"Well," Ryou leaned his head back and closed his eyes in a mimic of sleep. "The humming is soothing. Maybe that's it?" It might also have to do with the fact he had little control over the commercial flight, aside from where it was headed; but just considering he didn't have control might wake the CEO in order to sneer at him for it. In fact, he wondered if Seto could read his thoughts; and he turned to look.

"So, what sort of things does Seto like. Aside from work, Duel Monsters, and you?"

"Mmmn. I havent. Although I've been told I should more than once. Apparently its really good. I just never remember when it's time to pick one out."

He seemed a little surprised once again. He hadn't heard Seto really call him anything. But that wasn't something new. He wondered if he should share that little quirk of his brother's or not. It was quickly decided that he would. Ryou seemed like such a nice guy. He wouldn't like knowing he could have and saved him a little stress or confusion and hadn't done so. "Well, if he's saying your name normally at all you're already doing way better off than most people that work for him." Well, unless those people were in trouble. "I think just calling someone 'you' or whatever is like some kind of intimidation tactic or something."

It wasn't necissarilly a bad thing. In fact, this little tidbit of information would make it a little easier to read the president. "From what I've seen, if he does use your name enough he's probably pleased with something you did." Sort of like a twisted kind of reward system. "And if he says it pretty often chances are he at least 'likes you enough to tolerate you', which is probably the best you could get out him. But I think it means he likes you in general... oh, or respects you. I almost forgot about that."

He'd given up coming up with reasons for his easy rest in the air a long time ago. Not because it was too hard to figure out or anything. But because it really didn't matter why. Knowing it in the first place was all he really needed. So he moved right back on to his last question after offering small nod toward his thoughts one the matter. They were good ideas. "Oh wow. That one's not so easy." In fact it was way harder than coming up with his own. And Mokuba had to think hard this time and forgot to keep the game flowing. After all those seemed to be the three main things Seto liked the best. "Let's see. He likes games. Especially challenging ones... like, he really likes chess; if he's got a real good opponent for sure. Ummm..." He had to think again.

"I don't think he's the biggest fan of movies. But like I said before its a good way to spend time together. Especially when we don't have a lot of time. He may be bold, but Seto just isnt the best with small talk. Staying entertained while hanging out can be a chore sometimes." A small smile hit his lips. "I really like this though." Ryou was a great listener. And he was good at keeping the conversation flowing too.

"Movies are a really nice way to spend time together even if we don't say much during them. It's still quality time spent together having at least doing something." He didnt think about thr fact that the man may sit with him to watch the flicks to gain relatable conversarion too. "I mean... Seto doesnt have a whole lot of time for himself. Between work and spending time with me, I doubt he goes out and does anything fun on his own aside from like dueling and stuff. And I'm really not sure what else i can think of off the top of my head."

He paused and added, "Oh I know one more. He likes good food. He forgets to eat a whole lot cause he's always so busy. It'd be real good if you could remind him to. He sorta makes up for it by taking a bigger interest in it when he does remember. I've never seen him turn down trying something new in that sense. So even though it might not be the first thing you think about when you see him, he does love food and is just a little bit of a food snob. If it's good and not flat-- and of course it has to be tasty-- he usually likes it. Although there are some things he definitely won't eat. That's something he'll let you know quicker than other things though."

Mokuba paused their game and Ryou did as well, resting back in his seat. He too found the rumbling of the plane soothing, and could see how Seto could fall asleep to it so easily. The seemingly permanent grin faded, but only in comfort as his mood turned to content. Knowing Seto Kaiba had some sort of respect for him gave the albino butterflies, but he didn't want Mokuba to see just how excited it made him. Actually, he wasn't quite sure why he wanted this man's approval so much. Perhaps it was his status, or maybe something more. Either way, he felt good, and that was something he soaked in when ever he could.

Ryou committed the information to memory, and made the mental note to look into how to play chess. It was never a game that caught his interest, but now that he thought on it, it was like a very rule heavy table top. Not only could it earn him some favor in those sharp blue eyes, but it might be fun too. "What does he like? As his new assistant, I'll have to remind him that he is mortal and needs to eat." The tease in his tone was clear, but he didn't doubt he was far off from the truth.

"All passengers please return to your seats for decent."

Brown eyes widened in surprise. Had two hours passed already? "I guess we can finish our game another time, Mokuba," he offered while gathering up his figures to put them in their foam packaging inside his briefcase. "Don't worry, I'll try to make sure he doesn't starve himself," again his tease was clear.

Mokuba chuckled warmly as Ryou brought up his brother's mortality. Although it had more to do with the fact that he saw Seto up and moving from the corner of his eye as he said it. He chanced a quick look. Seto was peering over at them looking just slightly curious over their topic of conversation. And he made his way over just as the announcement was given.

Mokuba chuckled again. Although this time it was for the annoyed look Seto had to offer the closest speaker for contradicting him. Still, he slid into the seat behind Ryou that faced the opposite direction and leaned lazily over the head rest.

"Doesn't matter what it is as long as it tastes good," he offered as he watched the game pieces be put away. And he slid further into the seat and set himself in it properly as the seatbelt sign dinged on. "Although he hasn't had sushi in a while."

He leaned much closer to Ryou and again mirrored the secretive gesture. The whisper wouldn't be head by the sleepy man. "He's still half asleep." Mokuba chuckled a little harder now as Seto offered up a thing he liked. "It's lunch time, you know Seto."

"Let's have sushi." Yes, he was definitely still half asleep. You could hear it in the lazy tone of voice. Mokuba was alost certain some comment would have been made about his mortality of not.

Ryou jumped at the sound of footsteps behind him. For a moment he thought he was imagining things again, but he relaxed with a soft sigh through his nose when he realized just who was approaching. It wasn't him.

The briefcase was closed and the owner of it sat back in his seat as well, clicking on his seat belt. After a moment's pondering, he decided to take advantage of the situation. If Seto was so open while half asleep, how could he not. "What is your favorite sort of sushi?" He asked carefully, followed by "And what other foods do you like?" Ryou doubted he'd be able to get much more than that, but if he could surprise Seto with a good meal at lunch time tomorrow, then perhaps he could earn some favor; and he do so wanted to get on Seto's good side. Strangely though, it wasn't just because the man was his boss, but he couldn't put a finger on what the other reason was.

The plane began to descend and Ryou pinched his nose to try to blow air through it in order to pop his ears. He hadn't had to do that in a while. Once he found himself comfortable, he leaned back as well, tough was careful not to batter Kaiba with his pony tail.

Mokuba let off one more little chuckle, this one slightly devious as Ryou began questioning his brother. It was a good thing the guy was quick witted. He might not be able to handle Seto otherwise. Though shushed himself though a squeeze of his lips so he could hear over the somewhat loud noise of rotating engines as they went down.

A quiet hum filled the taller man's chest as a slow waking brain was forced to think. "Spicy tuna rolls," he offered candidly. "... And just about anything with Unagi or shrimp."

What else did he like? His sleep riddled mind was fighting against him. After a while of attempting to think on it though he lost track of his thoughts and grew quiet. It wasn't until the jolt of their landing hit that he realized with a start he'd dozed off again. "Where are we?"

"The air strip," Mokuba offered vaguely.

Annoyance rumbled in his chest. "Which one?"

"The one with the car place next to it," he teased.

And he couldn't help but laugh when the response was, "They all have car places next to them."

His offer to Ryou this time was a little less secretive despite the pose, as he whispered overly loudly just to get another grunt from his brother. "He's pretty fun to mess with when he's like this. He can't think of anything to come back with quick enough."

The banter between brothers was amusing, and for the hundredth time today he had to hide his chuckles. "How cruel," he teased the teen as the plane lightly bounced on the runway. He waited for it to come to a stop and the seat belt light to go off before unbuckling his and grabbing his briefcase. Ryou stood and gently touched his boss's shoulder. "I'm sorry to wake you, but we've arrived. Welcome home," he teased lightly. "I do know of a good sushi place, but I'm not sure if it'll hold up to your particular palate."

As he was touched sharp eyes travelled quickly over to the albino male. Although they werent nearly as harsh as they'd been previously when he'd been playing his firing game. He was awake now that they'd landed but it still took him a moment to put his sentences together properly. Not long enough for too much of a pause though. "Oh?"

Standing, he made his way past the shorter man in the wide isle toward the door to the jet as he mentioned, "You'll have to talk to Mokuba about that. If we're back in Domino City I have no doubt he already had an idea of where he wanted to go."

As he passed the teen he offered him an annoyed look. Although it was hard to decifer if it was for his ruse or the large grin he had to offer him as soon as their eyes met. "Maybe I diiid~" the teen cooed back cheekily.

With a slight shake of his head Seto continued on. He was no longer half asleep or he might have been baited more easily than normal. Approaching the door had him turning to the cabinet beside it. A long black trench coat was produced and put on quickly. "Whatever we're doing let's go. We wasted enough time in the air already." Plus, he hadn't eaten breakfast this morning.

The teen smiled at Ryou as he thought about it. "I was planning on torturing my brother a little, but I kinda wanna try this place you're talking about," he offered a little too kindly for the start of it. "We do a lot of the same stuff usually so it'd be nice to try something new."

The flourish of the black coat trench coat gave Seto a much more natural appearance. It was hard to picture him without a suit or a starched straight coat that somehow managed to defy gravity and flare out at the back. Not everyone could pull off such a look. He certainly couldn't... he could, but not soft little Ryou. The hard lines would just never work with his rounded facial features. "It's a Habachi grill," he started. "I may not be much of a fan of grilled foods, but their Udon and Sushi are quite good. I'd eat there every night if I could," he assured. He didn't have the funds for something like that, and while he could pay for himself today, he wouldn't be able to for a while after... Well, maybe after a chat with HR to find out his new salary. As pleased as he was with his promotions, he wouldn't be doing so much on a minimum wage salary.

The three of them filed in to leave the jet, and once more he silently marveled on their ability to fly around in circles on a private jet, just so Seto could take a nap. "But, where do you usually go, Mokuba? I have to say I'm curious." Where does one Seto Kaiba grace with his presence?

It was when the place in question was mentioned, or rather the place that he'd about to question on, that a short noise escaped him. "Ch." While he didn't openly scoff at their chosen destination it was close enough to show his position on it. "Fine. I'm choosing dinner," he muttered.

Mokuba finally moved in his own seat. Although it was to pop onto his knees and lean lazily over the back. The grin he landed on his brother was too obvious for him. "We could always just go where I wanna go," he jeered deviously.

Seto tensed a bit before fixing his jacket to the proper fit and turning toward the door as the stewardess opened the door for them and offered a warm parting to them. Beryl eyes landed on her for a moment but turned back on Mokuba as the other two joined him. "I didn't sleep that well, Mokuba." The offer was short and he was stepping off the jet onto the metal stepped scaffolding that had been pulled up moments before.

Mokuba's attention landed between the both of them as they spoke. And that look hadn't faded in the least. He could answer the question and tease his brother all at the same time after all. "Aww. C'mon Seto. It's been a while. I bet Joey misses you." There was no concealing the small snigger his own words drew out of him.

The elder Kaiba simply continued down to the tar mat and looked around curiously. "You say that as if I'd care." Annoyance riddled his features although it wasn't pointed toward his brother. It was pointed toward the fact that they, and the jet, were sitting lonesome on the strip. The car's were nowhere in sight. "And if Wheeler's annoying presence weren't already enough, I can't stand the trash they pass off as food there."

The raven haired teen looked back an d forth curiously himself. But a smile hit his own face as he looked up at the man. "Maybe. But I like going there with you anyway." The sly tone he'd had to share before had pulled away for the admission.

His arms folded behind his head as he turned to Ryou. "If we have to wait much longer that nap was for nothing," he informed him lightly. "Although it's kinda my fault for confusing the plans." He shrugged lightly. They were somewhat used to the sudden change sometimes, but things could get jumbled pretty quick when stuff happened last minute.

"Wait a moment... Joey was telling the truth?" Ryou was so floored by the information that he was nearly left behind. "When ever he mentioned you visiting his place of employment, we all thought he was full of bollocks." He owed the blonde an apology. He almost wanted to visit him now, if only to see his reaction to the fact he now worked so closely with 'Rich Boy.' They knew of his employment with Kaiba Corp, but none of them thought much on it. Then again, none of them really thought much on him at all... He wondered if he'd even be noticed.

Once on the tar mat, Ryou pulled out his phone and dialed a few numbers before lifting it to his ear. A reservation wasn't needed, not when the name on the list was 'Kaiba.' They could show up whenever and wherever they pleased, but it was nice to have a heads up. The owners even thanked him profusely for the great honor, which made him slightly uncomfortable, but he didn't let it show. "They're ready for us whenever you'd like to go, Seto," he assured. "It shouldn't take us too long, if we are where I think we are."

Almost as if on cue the rumble of a motorcade was heard before seen as his assistant spoke. The young CEO turned his eyes on his brother after offering his attention to Ryou. "Which car did you send?" Not thet they wouldn't be seeing it any moment now, but he wasn't a very patient man.

Through a grin he responded, "The Aston Martin." It was one they shared in liking quite a bit.

An amused noise left Seto's chest as he clarified. "Which one?"

Not that he needed to be answered as the line of vehicles coming their way were streaming into view. "Oh. That one."

"Shotgun!" chimed the teen as he peeked at Ryou.

Several large black, unmarked SUVs were following along behind a much smaller, in comparison, blue car. A familiar smirk slid across the president's face as the vintage vehicle pulled to a stop in front of them with the others keeping perfectly in tow. It seemed he was pleased with the choice. The suits on the jet were quick to file out and make their way into their own vehicles. Four suits, four SUVs. And Kaiba was making his way toward the car.

The driver was quick to get out. "Would you like me to put the top up, Sir?"

"It's fine the way it is." His attention drifted toward the two who would be joining him as he slid into the driver's seat. "Get in so we can go." His lack of patience came on many levels. Although it was entirely possible his stomach pushed it this time. In fact he might even be hungry enough to tempt the food where they were headed.

"C'mon," Mokuba told him cheerily.

Ryou didn't know much about cars, but he supposed his new job would require he learn. In the future he would likely need to pick the cars Seto took. At least when Mokuba wasn't around to choose for him. The thought process had him spacing for only a moment, but when he came to a trail of cars was in plain sight. His eyes roamed first over the SUVs, then on the very pretty blue car that was apparently an 'Ashon Mart.' Or something like that.

Of course it was blue, and of course the front ornament was the small metal figure of a blue eyes white dragon. He had to hide his huff of amusement. Was she on all of Kaiba's vehicles? "Ah, right," he agreed and followed quickly after. Ryou slid into the back bench, and found it to be more comfortable than almost any seat he'd ever been in. He bounced in it a little before pulling on his seat belt. The leather smelled good, and filled the area with that 'new car smell.' Not that he'd know it. He'd actually never been in a new car. In fact, Ryou didn't even know how to drive, and thus knew only the scent of buses and trams.

Ryou parted his lips to complement Seto on the lovely car, but decided against it. Seto didn't need him telling him how cool his things were. He'd already gushed over the jet like a swooning school girl, he didn't need to do it again. Instead, he offered Seto the address to their lunch-in and sat back in the comfort of the soft leather.

Mokuba hopped in after Ryou, but turned in his seat and crossed his arms over it's back as he pooled his attention on him. "You have a licence?"

"Mokuba buckle up. Or do you not remember last time?" Cruel tint tugged into his smirk as the teen swiveled quickly and snapped the belt together with an offered pout toward his brother. Though his attention turned back on Ryou through the rear view.

"Let's go already," Seto complained shortly. It might have been confusing for Ryou since he was the driver but Mokuba covered up a snigger.

"Well that's a fine how d'ya do," a woman's voice complained. "What's the matter? Leave your manners in your other jacket?"

"I'm not in the mood for games right now. We're in a bit of a hurry."

"Would that be to the address I just heard or didja expect me to go somewhere I don't know about yet?"

"Why would I expect..." He cut himself off, looking down at the high tech dash center he'd fitted the car with. If he kept this up she'd just keep going. So he grew quiet.

And she grew quiet. And after a few moments Mokuba broke into a heavy laugh at what looked like his brother attempting to stare down and intimidate an inanimate object. Once he could calm from the small fit he took the initiative to fix the issue. "Hello," he offered warmly. "How have you been? I haven't seen you for a while." Despite attempting to be warm there was an awkward air in his tone. He'd never really gotten used to this sort of thing despite its interaction in their daily lives. He'd been away for a bit, and did kinda miss the banter though.

"Hello common curtesy. And hello to you too, Mokuba. Do you really wanna know or are you just sayin it to make me feel better?" All he could offer was an awkward chuckle as Seto put the car into motion. It wasn't like he couldnt drive without her. "Well if you must know I've been feeling a little neglected lately. A certain someone hasn't been around in ages." Seto had also been away for a few days, and incredibly busy at work. He hadn't taken her out for another few days before that.

"Quit whining or I'll stop the car and reprogram your personality manually right now," he offered shortly.

"See what I mean?"

Mokuba offered the elder Kaiba a light pout. "That's not very nice, Seto."

"Mokuba," he sighed. "You're siding with a computer."

"Just cause I'm a computer doesn't mean I don't have feelings, buddy."

"That's exactly what it means."

Mokuba chuckled as his brother got carried away and started arguing with her. Wasn't that just as bad as feeling bad for her? In his entertainment he'd almost forgotten about the man in the back seat. "Oh hey. This is Ryou, by the way."

"Nice ta meetcha, Ryou By The Way. You got a nickname? Somethin' that's easier to remember?" Mokuba broke into chuckles again. Although he wasn't sure if she was serious or not. It was still funny.

Last edited:
The tiniest hint of a flush came to his cheeks when asked about a license; but with his pale complexion it was much brighter than he would have liked. "Well, no, I don't. I've never had the need to," he answered honestly. "I've always taken public transit or walked." He didn't go into why. He'd been too far behind in his classes to take driver's ed after Bakura was sent away, and he wasn't dumb enough to take it while still possessed by the ring spirit. Besides, he couldn't afford a car, and in Japan the traffic was miserable anyway. Public transportation ended up being faster, and if the buses were ever late, they gave each passenger a note as well as a heartfelt apology. They were always punctual.

Ryou sputtered audibly the moment a female voice joined them in the car. He looked around from side to side, though it would have been impossible to hide someone comfortably in this car, and she didn't sound strained. "Did... did the car just talk? Did I fall asleep on the plan? Because I think I just fell into a Night Rider film."

But it kept talking, and Seto was talking to it, and Mokuba was talking to it and the bloody car was talking!

"Just... Just Ryou but... Why is the car talking to me? And why are you talking to the car? Why am I talking to the car?" He must really believe he was in a dream, or he wouldn't be babbling so hard.

Mokuba could only sputter into more gigges as the man bbbled. Although he at least tried to cover them up. He wanted to answer, but he was sort of in a bind.

She answered for herself. "I'm not a car sweetheart. Although I can't deny I do get around. It's called interactive programming and you should probably get used to it. Judging by my daily input you're gonna be seein' a lot more of me if ya stick around. That reminds me. You a stiff like the other guys? Cause I like ta have fun once in a while unlike my moody counterpart here."

"Remind me to reintroduce the concept of shutting up to your programming later."

Mokuba finally got control of himself, and turned to look back at the poor, confused man. "She's Seto's personal computer. He built and programmed her a long time ago."

"That's right. You've only got yourself to blame," she mentioned to him.

"I'm getting bored now," he offered back shortly. "Tell me where I'm going already. I'm not going to ask again."

"Yes of course, oh Lord of my will. Keeper of my soul. Holder of--"

"Just shut up and tell me where to go."

"Well which is it? You can't have it both ways, bud. Either I'm quiet or I tell ya what you wanna know." Seto didn't respond right away, though annoyance was radiating off him. "Ha. You should see your face right now. That's one for the memory banks. Man, you.are.in.a.mood. You must be hungry or somethin'. Even though you said you wouldn't ask again, how bout I point ya to a place?"

Mokuba's shoulders were shaking all over again. "Did you program her to get the better of you or..." This was a question he tended to ask a lot.

With a huff he looked back down at the dash without answering. She hadn't gotten the better of him. She just had a big mouth able to ramble on without needing to take a breath. He wasnt awake enough for this yet; or hadnt gotten enough sleep. But she'd gone quiet for the moment and the GPS stated they weren't very far away at all. He would have been glad to sit the remainder of the drive out in silence at this point.

Despite his annoyance with his computer, it didnt seem to effect his overall mood as the tensity in his shoulders soon loosened again while taking care to weave through traffic. It was pretty light at the moment so the ride was smooth. Mokuba, for one, was glad for that.

Last edited:
Ryou's panic was slowly subsiding as the car, or rather, personal interface continued to banter with his boss. "O-oh..." he awkwardly replied to the teen. That meant he wasn't dreaming, and that he'd just made a complete fool of himself. He resisted a groan, but it came out as a pitiful whine. Still, he released a relieved sigh, because that also meant he wasn't going nuts.

As the confusion faded away, he was instead assaulted with hilarity. Of all the things to get the better of Seto Kaiba, it had to be a computer, and one built by himself no less. "Perhaps he just needed a challenge," he added to Mokuba's tease, but then cleared his throat.

"Take the next right, and then a left on Mulberry Park Way, and in about fifteen minutes it'll be on your right hand side," he offered kindly. The GPS seemed to be pointing them in a completely different direction, but he knew this area very well.

Sharp ocean blues shifted to the rear view as Ryou spoke up. They returned to the road of course, but shifted back Down to the GPS for a few moments at a time. Peeking at it didnt stop him from following the man 's instructions. He knew his system. And she was the one that was in a mood.

It took a few times, but as they shifted down again she spoke up. "Well don't look at me. He's the one that ruined the punch line." A surprisingly well toned chuckle was placed in there. "Thanks a whole lot, buddy. I can tell we're gonna get along well." Despite her earlier snarkiness there wasn't as much cynicism there as she said this.

Seto didn't answer and Mokuba decided maybe it was time for her to go offline for a while. She could be entertaining and all, but if she annoyed Seto too much it would eventually effect his mood. "I'm gonna turn on some music." It was more of a suggestion than a claim.

"Well ain't that a kick in the teeth. Okay. I see how it is." He sputtered a bit, completely unsure of how to respond to once again perceiving hurt feelings of the system.

Seto glossed over her pout by confirming whatever she seemed to think was up in address to Mokuba. "Dont put on anything annoying." Although at this point just about anything other than the snarky computer would be better.

"Okay gramps," he teased back lightly. "Want me to find some nice classical music for you?" He waited to chuckle until he could tell by the slightest upturn of his lips that the annoyance that might seem to be crossing his face was at least a little amused.

Seto opened his mouth to offer a small quip back but was inturrupted. "Children, please," she offered. "Dont make me make you turn this car around. I do have control of the GPS you know."

She was much less annoying when her comment were inconsequential. A soft puff of amusement left his chest. He wasn't going by the GPS anymore. "I can settle this real easy," she added. "I'll just do the singing for you."

"No!" Both front seat occupants denied her at the same time. And through her chuckle there was a click that sent smooth music flowing from the speakers instead. It wasn't what either of them tended to care to listen to. But anything was better than a computer's version of song. There might be scores of ballads and songs that had mathematical perfection to them. But that didn't translate properly all the time over data streams. It was something they'd found out before now in a similar situation.

Since that was over, the teen looked back at Ryou again, then over to Seto. "So since he can't drive will he still get the company car paperwork and contract?" It was a question that effected the teen as well. Although that was perfectly unclear and an entirely different context.

"Naturally," was offered smoothly as he looked back through the mirror again. "Unless he doesn't want to learn. Then it's different paperwork entirely."

Ryou just kept quiet, looking between the dashboard and the back of the Kaiba Brother's heads as they went back and forth. He opened his mouth to apologize at one point, but he closed it again. He hadn't meant to ruin a punch line... He hadn't realized there was a punchline. So he kept himself quiet until he was addressed again, or rather, when he was spoken about. He really felt out of place, they were talking about him as if he weren't sitting in the back seat, and he would have thought they'd completely forgotten his presence if he hadn't caught Seto's glance in the mirror.

"N-no... I mean yes!" The poor thing stumbled over himself, his mind reeling to catch up with everything that was happening all at once. The plane ride had given him at least a little bit of time to collect himself; but, the talking car, er, personal interface, had just thrown him for a loop, and now he was learning he'd be getting a car! Or at least one to borrow. "Of... of course I want to learn," he assured before breathing out a hot puff of air. Today was going by so quickly, and so much was happening. Was this even real? It really was all starting to feel like a dream.

Ryou sunk into his seat, shut his eyes, and heaved a silent sigh as he tried desperately to cool off the grinding gears in his head. One could almost see the steam puffing from his ears in his attempts. He needed a glass of water.

Sharp eyes remained on his as he spoke by shifting between having to keep his eyes on the road. "That's fine." The offer was made with no attention brought to the speech impediment he'd seemed to pick up since hopping into the car.

Mokuba had been looking at him through the mirror too, but it was probably harder for the shorter man to see this through it's position. They might have been talking about him as if he weren't there, but in it they'd been talking to him. The teen had little doubt he would catch on soon enough. His attempts to help the young man along in knowing some things that were coming were pointed. But simply asking the older Kaiba to explain would drag thing a out and probably make things more snarky than they needed to be.

With a happy giggle he turned again though. "Hey. We should shop around while we're out today. Whatcha think? I can help you pick an awesome car out," he offered warmly, though a little cheekily.

Usually when they went out to buy cars they would debate little on which one they liked best. It wasn't the most frugal way of obtaining new ones, but man were they all pretty. And each and every one of them purred so prettily. He looked at his brother again, whose eyes once again landed on Ryou. If it weren't obvious enough that he was looking for input on their plans for the day he'd ask soon enough.

As it stood, he noticed they should be to their destination very shortly. And the slow in his pace alerted to as much. "How far is it now?" He added.

"I'd tell ya, but you don't seem ta be asking me," his computer inturrupted smoothly. "I'll leave it to Ryou for now I suppose. Don't listen to the guidance system..." she continued to grumble but her voice was much quieter given the music overlaying it. It made it easy for Kaiba to ignore. Which he was.

Back
Top Bottom