Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Eyes White Lover (Fox)

His own detail? The thought of having someone following him around and even staying in or by his home was a little disconcerting. Did he really need it? How many people were going to get angry enough to attack him? Again his eyebrows pinched together, but he said nothing on it. Not when Kaiba mentioned his greatest opponent. He expected Yugi, but the voice he heard was definitely not from the still very short man, but it was still familiar. It was starting to bother him that he couldn't place the sound. Thankfully, he didn't have to ponder much longer.

The door pushed open and his eyes blinked wide at the teen standing there. "I knew I recognized your voice," he spouted before he could stop himself. Ryou pursed his lips together in a failed attempt to hide his outburst. But, seeing as he was addressed soon after, the albino didn't mind opening up once more. "It is very nice to see you again, Mokuba," he replied. The teen's appearance seemed to change the mood of the room, and he felt a weight lift off of his shoulders and a small smile pull at his lips. "Last I saw you, you were still shorter than Yugi!" The younger Kaiba brother was now even taller than he was. The growth spurt was kind to him, while Ryou hadn't grown much at all in the years since their last meeting. The doctor chalked it up to malnutrition. Bakura had a habit of forgetting to eat whenever he took over...

But now wasn't the time to dwell on such things. Instead he offered Mokuba a kind expression, and listened to the brothers converse about someone named Danial (and made the mental not to never be late for a plane ride) before replying to the young man. "Please, call me Ryou. After all, if you and Seto are both allowing me to use your first names, it is only fair I offer the same courtesy." He wasn't sure if Seto had intended to allow him to continue to use his first name, but Ryou wasn't stupid. He knew it was originally used to cause a confrontation with his team, and it had worked; but now Seto Kaiba would have to deal with the consequences.

"You might have heard from him by now if you were taking calls. I had to open our private line to get a hold of you, ya know." The complaint was puffed out lightly but moved on from quickly. "Yeah maybe I was but not by much," the younger male chuckled out in boast as he stepped further into the office.

What crossed his face at the news that his older brother had offered his first name up for use wasn't stark surprise or appaul as it had been for the previous group in the room. There was curiosity and some confusion. But he was quick to wave it off. There had probably been a readon. "Okay Ryou," he added cheerily. It was more than a little weird. But if the CEO had wanted it to stop he could have just demanded it. And he hadn't.

Instead he sat back and undid his tie, tugging it from around his neck and unbuttoning the top of his collar with a quick flick of long fingers. "Speaking of departures," he interrupted smoothly. "We're late for ours."

"Aw come on Seto. Don't rush it now." Mokuba pouted slightly again. "Its not like they're gonna leave without us. Besides. You're not even dresses yet."

"I can change on the jet." Despite saying as much he didn't make the move to leave. The teen had waited for him when he'd pushed him back on his schedule. Mokuba's request not to be rushed was granted.

Although whether or not it had been the boy continued on anyway as he turned his large eyes back on Ryou. "So how long have you been Seto's assistant?" If he had to guess he'd proba ly guess wrong. It wasn't like his older brother to lack an assistant for very long so he wouldn't be surprised if he'd gotten himself a new one the very next day.

News of the forgotten assistant should have worried him even more now that he knew Seto was just blatantly ignoring calls. Instead, Mokuba's interpretation of it brought amusement to his features. He brought his hand up to his mouth to hide his silent laughter from Seto. Even more so after the teen's boasting; but he couldn't hide his smile. He couldn't describe the feeling he had when someone from his past called him by that name. It was something that dampened the voice still plaguing his mind that assured him of his loneliness.

I have friends now. I have real friends.

'I am all you'll ever have.'

You're wrong.

The thoughts went by quickly, and he returned to the conversation at hand. One that was much less one-sided. He wondered where they were going, and if he were joining, but Mokuba's question answered his second. "Oh, let me see," he started, looking over at the monitor to check the time. "Just about an hour now. May I ask where we are going?" The question was directed at both Kaiba brothers, as he looked between them with wide, chocolate colored eyes. "I do promise to be more punctual than your last assistant, I have never been late before." Not once in a full year and a half. Ryou was always either on time or early, and he was proud of that fact. He may have missed a day or two due to an illness, but he always called in, and always offered to come in anyway. April usually covered for him.

"I only started holding them this morning," he offered shortly before the conversation continued. He had no problem being left out of it for the most part. Especially with the little spark that hit larger blue eyes. Seto didn't tend to mince words, but they weren't always understood for what they were. Mokuba spoke this language however. So he knew it was pointed entirely toward his readiness for their day together.

The teen's attention flitted back to Ryou as he answered his question. He offered a warm chuckle toward the weird news too. That was new. And then the question was posed and Mokuba felt, despite the almost candid sharing his brother had done, still just a little vindictive. He made a show of stretching tall and took one more step toward the desk. Just enough to flop down on it expertly enough to land over its entirety and look relatively comfortable in the position. He'd stepped just close enough to land his chest on the large desk, arms covering the rest of the length. His height would have given him a difficult position otherwise. As he relaxed his legs and stretched himself further a thoughtful hum hit his chest.

The top papers on a neatly stacked pile beside him fluttered but didn't move. The picture of innocence crossed his face as he recoiled a little as they turned upnand to the side and he landed his chin in curled hands. "I dunno~" he hummed lightly. Supporting elbow slid nonchalantly into that pile and toppled it over. Not enough that they were out of order, but just enough that they were no longer in that neat pile. "It's Seto's turn to choose."

Larger eyes landed a challenging look on their sharper match. It was a challenge Seto had started all on his own by rearranging his desk in an attempt not to give Mokuba the room to do such a thing. He had to admit he was a little impressed the bratty imp had found the one spot where he'd just barely fit between the marble name plate that suddenly doubled as a paper weight when Mokuba move it to plop atop those papers as if to fix the issue he'd already caused, and the the desk lamp. His lithe form barely made it. And it had taken some aim. The only move Kaiba had made against the movement was his initial one wherein Styrofoam cup found his hand and it's way off the desk in general the moment the boy had stretched. He was used to the miniscule tantrum.

Despite his preparedness for it, a small tick rolled through his features as his desk was placed in slight disarray. Seto Kaiba was more than just a bit of a control freak. But that small tick spoke very loudly to Mokuba. And he jeered another warm chuckle toward his brother. It was enough of a win for him.

As such, a thought suddenly struck him about their destination and he was quick to attempt to sit up more fully through an excited little "Ooh!" It didn't last long. The small space for him the desk provided had his other elbow bumping into the shredder. When it teetered a quick sound of surprise hit him and he reached for it. The reach subsiquently sent the desk lamp reeling.

Although both were caught; the shredder in his closer ha d and the desk lamp with the further. It left him in a position with one arm under his body and twisted in a slightly uncomfortable looking way. "Oops," he chuckled out lightly. "Didn't mean to do that. Man, that was close."

Mokuba was all but stuck in the position holding the two objects. And Seto couldn't stand the sight of his desk anymore. Though he did land a mean little smirk on his brother's predicament. Standing, he set the coffee back on the desk, though away from Mokuba; and his computer as well just in case. "I'll be on the jet when you're done playing around." The offer was smooth as he moved over to the rack in the corner of his office that held a black garment bag. His tie was folded neatly and hung over a rung. Crisp white jacket followed shortly after before he grabbed that bag and after he'd fished in the pocket for a moment.

He paused to look at his disheveled brother for a moment. Then chuckled heavily. That was what he got for messing around. It didn't need to be said. The president's amusement said it all.

"Aw don't be mean Seto," the boy pouted out toward the fact that he obviously wasn't going to help him. Although it was nothing new so his attention turned right back on the albino male. "Mind helping me out a little B--Ryou?" He figured he probably didnt need to ask. Baku--er Ryou seemed like a nice enough person most of the time. Besides it never hurt to know you were needed; or that you were appreciated enough to do as much. Plus, it gave him another opportunity to get used to the new name. He planned on using it a whoooole lot today just to make sure he engrained it in his own mind.

The covering hand pressed closer to his lips in his attempt to hide the louder laughter that bubbled in his chest as the younger Kaiba tossed himself over the elder's desk. He watched the papers shift, the quick snatch up of the cup of coffee, the falling and subsequent catching of both the lamp and shredder; and couldn't help but wonder what Seto would have done to anyone other than Mokuba performing the same action. His imagination couldn't possibly form the right scenario, but it was still enough to have him laughing aloud the moment the office door was closed.

"Of course," he managed between chuckles. He first plucked the lamps from the teen's hand and set it down, then tilted the shredder back to its proper posture. "I apologize if I was too forward. I assumed this was a business trip, not a family outing. I didn't mean to intrude of brotherly bonding by assuming I was joining." After helping Mokuba stand, the albino was quick to put everything on Seto's desk back in order. It wasn't perfect by any means, he'd only seen it properly set once, but it was clean and he decided that was enough for now. "Do you think I should gather my briefcase? Or return to my desk," he questioned politely. He had to look up to meet familiar ocean blues, that were softer than his older counter parts. The teen was taller than him by a fair amount. It was both amusing and mildly irritation.

You couldn't have eaten more?

For once, there wasn't a response, and Ryou was happy to stay out of his head a little longer.

The 'thanks' he had to offer was said lightly under the talking man to allow him to continue and in a way that stated he wasn't looking for an answer to it; just making an offering. When he stood he realized for himself that he had to look down on him. And even though he didn't mention it his glee for his height was more than a little palpable. It was great not being the little guy anymore. Although it wasn't always like that around Seto and the goon squad.

"Neither," he offered cheerily as he made his way around the desk and plopped into the large chair. He looked over the varnished top and shifted a few things slightly. If they didn't come back today he didn't feel like starting Seto's day off crappy. Or ending it that way if they did. "He didnt correct you so don't worry. And lots of people come with us on these trips. Most of them just try, and usually fail, to stay out of sight."

The desk was back in pristine order so he smiled at the older male. "Watch this," he added warmly as he pinched the tippy top of the collared t-shirt he was wearing. "Hey guys. Before you join us on the jet can you.do me a favor and grab Ryou's briefcase for us too?"

And he was perfectly pleased with the audible "Of course Sir," that returned in the form of Donald's familiar voice.

"Besides," he continued cheerily. "If you're coming along I'm pretty sure that means what I think it means." Lanky arms lifted and shifted behind his head as he leaned back. "Seto probably didn't get much sleep last night. If he takes a nap on the jet he'll let me choose today to make up for it. And since you are coming, it's probably to keep me company."

He'd just lifted crossed ankle into the air when the office door swung in again. Before it fully opened the demond of "Keep your feet off my desk, Mokuba," had him preening and sitting straight in a panicked surprise. He pouted a little as the knowing set of sharp azure eyes appeared in the doorway again.

"When you're finally ready to leave," he added smoothly. "Be sure and tell the pilot where we're going."

Confusion pinched the boy's lips together. Not for the assurance of his own thoughts. But because the young CEO wouldn't have come back for that. He was so busy trying to decide what it was he almost missed the key that had been fished previously from pocket being tossed to him. And he had to juggle it a little to keep hold as he caught it. "And don't forget to lock up this time."

The door was closed again and a small "yes~" was cheered from the teen. And followed by a cheeky little cackle. The second but due to him realizing that he'd riled his brother up enough to have made him forget to offer the key previously.

He sat forward and leaned on curled fingers and palm of one hand while the other twirled the key by a finger inside the ring. And the catty little grin that crossed his own face was far too adorable to be as nerve wracking as Kaiba's was. "I don't ever actually forget you know. I just know he can't stand it when I leave the door open," he offered candidly before sitting up.

With another chuckle he reached over and snatched the still full, pretty warm cup from the desk. Seto forgot his drink. He lifted it to his own lips and in just a moment was choking on it just a little. He managed to swallow but made a face that matched the 'bleh' type noise of disgust. "This is coffee," he pouted out. "Gross."

He looked up at Bakura. "Sorry. Was this yours?"

The question was jyst barely inturrupted by Seto's voice over the security line. "The jet will be leaving soon. I expect you all on board in five minutes."

That catty look returned and he paused for a moment in wait of an expected continuance. "Mokuba. I already used up an hour of our time. Do you really wanna waist more daylight?"

Close enough.

"Appology accepted," he chuckled out lightly.to himself. "Come on Ryou we should get going. The jet won't leave without us but I actually rather wouldn't lose any more time." The key was tossed to him gently. "You should probably get used to using that." He added lightly.

Ryou watched as Mokuba shifted the things on the desk, carefully memorizing each item and their place. After all, he'd need to be able to correct the desk on his own in the future. If he managed to keep this job, that is. The thought had him puffing up just slightly, not enough to be noticed, but enough for him to understand his own thoughts. He was going to keep this job, and he was going to make Seto appreciate his work, even if it were never spoken aloud. "Are you sure they'll find my desk? It seems that they had no idea where to find me not too long ago. Seto was not pleased with how long it took Donald to find me," he pointed out with a bit of humor.

He watched the teen stretch out in the chair that was still a little big for him despite his growth spurt. He supposed that running a multi-billion dollar company would lead to some sleepless nights. He wondered how many he himself would have due to his new position. He found himself looking forward to it. At least it would be an excuse to avoid his roaming night terrors. Ryou smiled at the younger Kaiba brother. "I hope meeting your standards is slightly easier than meeting Seto's," he replied with a good natured chuckle.

Ryou jumped when the door was swung open and Mokuba was scolded even before he could place his feet on the desk. Kaiba really did know everything happening in this building, didn't he? He pursed his lips and looked of to the side, half expecting his own chastising but also trying to give the brothers a semblance of privacy for their bickering. It was kind of cute, but he'd never say that out loud. He doubted either of them would appreciate the term.

"Well no, that's-" He didn't get the chance to finish, and again jumped at the voice over the speaker. He wasn't sure if he'd ever get used to that. Ryou looked much like Mokuba in his attempt to catch the keys. They bounced in his hands several times before he managed to clutch them to his chest with a heavy, relieved sigh. "I will do my best," he assured, allowing the young Kaiba brother to lead the way out of the office, so that he could shut and lock the door behind them.

"So," he started with a catty smile of his own and a playful gleam in his warm brown eyes. "Are we taking the Blue Eyes White Dragon?" The 'dweeb squad' always got a kick out of the duel monster shaped jet, and while he'd never seen it himself, it amused him almost as much.

He smiled lightly, hearing the words as meaning he'd try to be good company. It wouldnt be hard. He already was.

The door contained only a single lock, and simple enough at that. He'd just been teasing.

As he waited for the door to be locked he looked over the area for a moment. Just a little attention deficit. The question, while he liked the way it was asked, still brought a pout to his lips. "If we were Seto would have taken his private elevator," he puffed out lightly. "We never take Blue Eyes anymore. It's only a two seater anyway. And even if we took separate jets, Seto wouldn't waste the ride just to rest in it."

The pout melted. "Know what you're right about Donad," he excused. "We better not get here before them. Let's give'm an extra couple minutes. You wanna see it right?" In his excitement keys were snatched and door was opened all over again before he hurried over to the far wall.

"So c'mon," he added cheerily as he pressed hidden panel that slid open the hidden elevator doors.

His locket was tugged up.from under his shirt and he held it up to the scanner, which in turn opened those doors. When he stepped in he bore it once again for the access panel to the floors.

They didn't match the ones on the normal elevators. Down one side were several 's' floors for sublevels of the building. The opposite side bore only one with the letters 'RAP'. That was the one he pressed. Having left Ryou to close the office door again he jeered, "Better hurry or it'll leave without you." Despite it he was holding the door open through the button. He really didn't have the same cruelty as his brother tended to exude.

Mokuba's pout formed a frown on his own lips. The teen's disappointment was palpable, and had he known him a little better Ryou would have placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. As it was, he could only blink and release an unintelligent 'uh?' when the keys were snatched from his hand just as he was about to tuck them into his blazer pocket for safe keeping. "Well, yes, I do," he agreed, following the younger brother back into the elder's office.

He shut the door behind him, but never looked away as the teen opened up a secret panel, that opened up a secret door. He shouldn't have been surprised, but that didn't stop him from blinking in a stupor before he was called to. "Yes, of course," he answered, jogging across the room to join him inside. "How many of these secrets are hidden in the building?" he asked rhetorically. They were secrets after all.

He half expected some sort of star-wars like music to play as the elevator lifted at a faster speed than the regular sets. In no time they came to a stop, and the doors opened to the large hanger; the moment they did, the lights began to turn on in a long row, and a spot light fell on the object of his imagination. "Oh wow," the shorter man said, stepping into the hanger and once more jogging to the center of it. In his excitement, Ryou forgot that he was meant to be winning over and following the orders of Mokuba and Seto Kaiba, and even reached out to touch to cool, blue metal. "The others always called it 'tacky,' or 'corny,'" he admitted, running his fingers along the neck. No surprise it was spotless and sparkly.

"The landing gear even has claws!" He yelped, rushing over to them, practically bouncing from one leg to the other. When he turned to look at Mokuba again his eyes were sparkling, and he looked far too much like a child in a candy store. "They were wrong, this is so cool!"

Finally catching himself, Ryou cleared his throat and tried to straighten himself up... But his eyes were still gleaming and he was still grinning like a fool. In fact, that's exactly what he pictured Seto calling him if they were caught. "I can't understand why you two haven't taken it anywhere recently. I don't think I would want to travel any other way." Ryou couldn't help but turn back to the dragon's head and poke his head up to look through the windshield and into the cock pit. "Is it as comfortable as it looks?"

Mokuba shrugged lightly as the small room lifted. The normal elevators were much larger and fancy. Then again, this particular elevator hadnt been added for show. "Probably a whole lot more than I even know about," he chuckled out lightly. "But I have had a few years to find lots of shortcuts and fun passageways. Ooh! I'm show you some of them some other time! You're gonna be pretty busy helping Seto. Having a few tricks up your sleeve will help. And don't think you can't search for some yourself. If you're Seto's assistant you can go just about anywhere in our buildings... Although not in here unless he programs it manually into your badge."

The elevator stopped and Mokuba hung back a little. And he couldnt have stopped the huge smile.from forming on his lips at Ryou's excitement. It was for only just a second he started to feel bad that Seto wasn't there to see him appreciate the large sky dragon. But he figured even though it might be flattering, he'd probably just ruin it with snarky comments.

So he remained quiet and allowed Ryou to gush as he made his way over casually. And when he got there his smile turned right on the shorter man. "Course," he chirped happily. "Seto designed and built it. And he spared no expense." After all, it was his Blue Eyes.

Curled fingers circled his chin as he added more a bit candidly. "I'd had a team working on the aerodynamics of making a bigger one so maybe we can use it more often but we couldnt seem to get it done. It was supposed to be a surprise for his birthday last year but i eventually scrapped it." His smile turned just the tiniest bit self loathing as he thought about it. "Even with a whole team of people I couldn't manage to get something that seemed to take him no time at all down after two full years." It cheered back up though. "But that's okay. I decided in the end he probably wouldnt be as happy with something like that if he werent the one to come up with it and make it real himself."

His arms crossed and a nod hit his head. "Ya know if you're really curious, you should just ask him for a lift in it sometime. I happen to know for a fact there are times where he's willing to get in it and take just about any reason in order to do so."

"He built it himself?" The question was full of awe as he looked over the beautiful machinery. He tried to picture Seto Kaiba covered in grime and oil, holding a wrench and following a schematic to the tee. It was hard to imagine, but then again, as Mokuba said, it was his precious blue eyes. He could even picture a smile on his face when she was finally done. "Instead of building a larger one, perhaps you could paint an existing jet?" Ryou offered haphazardly, he was still drinking in the jet in front of him. "I build models myself, and I know that a good paint job can bring just about anything to life."

Ryou's fingers were now trialing along the tail, and again he pictured Seto carefully placing each carapace with such care and attention to detail. "It's beautiful," he offered once more.

The thought of actually getting a ride built a bubble of excitement in his belly that he had to quell, or he really would be bouncing up and down like a child. "It would probably be best if I were to wait until my position is more secure. I would like to prove myself before asking for such liberties." finally he turned around to smile at the teen, his expression warm and kind and happy. "Thank you, Mokuba. We should probably leave before Seto becomes too impatient." Though he didn't seem to want to go. There was something about this dragon that was drawing him in.

He wondered if it had anything to do with his ancient past. He had the strongest urge to apologize for everything that had come to pass because of his ancestry. Brief memories of Bakura's old life, tales told of the final shadow game, and a strange longing left him both exuberant and pained.

Ryou shook his head a little to clear his thoughts. "May I ask you something?" He questioned, returning to the taller man's side. "Seto seems to like things done in a certain way at a specific time, and I don't think asking him multiple questions is a good idea. Would you be willing to guide me? I don't want to be another failed assistant; and, if there is anyone who knows what he likes, it would be you."

Mokuba tilted his head lightly as he watched the man appreciate the machine and mention painting another jet. He hadn't thought of that. As he watched on he couldnt help but think that maybe he should have waited for Seto to join them before he'd brought Ryou to see it. He wwouldn't mind the gushing as much as he would probably make it sound. And he'd actually probably really like seeing all that awe. Once again he started to feel guilty.

Ryou pulled him out of it by mentioning they should leave and asking his question. "Well the good news is you've managed to last longer than some of them already," he chuckled out lightly. "It's been a little over an hour after all." It was only a half tease.

"And I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'm willing to help as much as I can. One thing for sure is that you have to be able to recognize the little things. And if he yells at you; and I mean really lays into you it means you probably did do something wrong. Otherwise you probably didn't. Either way just make sure to keep trying hard. And if he is mad, harder."

His hands went up behind his head in a small stretch. "I could tell you some other stuff, but you're probably right about Seto getting impatient. He might even be on his way back down here already."

"He might already be here," Seto inturrupted. The elevator didn't ding as it came up, but the doors had just opened soon enough for him to hear the last bit of that.

"Hey Seto. Ryou wanted to see Blue Eyes," he told him warmly. "I kinda wish I would have waited now. How'd you know we were here?" The question wasn't for himself. It was yto give Ryou another little pointer.

The man walked in to join Ryou by the jet. "You know how," he mentioned as he held up his arm to show the blinking red light on the opposite cuff link of the one he'd been speaking into previously. "What are you getting at Mokuba? You know my elevator has an alarm on it." As soon as he asked he realized exactly what he was getting at. Sharp eyes slid over to Ryou before turning back on his jet.

He reached out and caressed the metal along her neck in a similar way to how Ryou had. "If I weren't so tired we could take it," he added to the teen.

"I know," he offered back warmly. "Should we go then?" He started toward the stairs in the corner of the hanger. It was a quicker way to get to the roof, as the elevator didn't have access.

Seto followed quietly after offering the dragon a quick pat. He really needed to let it spread its wings. The jet had been cooped up for too long now.

"Well, the little things. Such as, what he prefers to eat for lunch; or, where he gets his dry cleaning done... Actually, I'm not entirely sure what being his assistant entails. I suppose I am meant to schedule flights, take care of gathering paper work," he paused and listened intently to Mokuba's advice. Seto was always 'unpleasant' towards others when speaking to them, but he had noticed a difference between sounding angry and actually being angry. So far, he hadn't gotten the brunt end of Kaiba's rage, and he would hope to never be in that position. He would do his best, and work as hard as he could. A firm nod and a determined expression was the teen's response.

Ryou jumped for the hundredth time that day. How on Earth was Seto so good at startling him? Though... He was always a little jumpy. A scared little mouse trying desperately to play with the jungle cats.

He caught the blinking light, and wondered just how many buttons and speakers and blinking lights he had in his suits. Then wondered how they could stand up so perfectly even with all that equipment. Watching Seto pet the dragon like an old friend was strangely calming. "I hope to see her fly soon," he offered quietly, not really sure if he wanted the man to hear him or not. Either way, as Seto joined Mokuba, Ryou took another moment to touch the neck in the same spot the CEO's hand had been just a moment before. He waited until he was out of earshot before murmuring the softest of apologies, then jogged to follow the brothers up the stairs.

The jet here was much less impressive, but that didn't mean it wasn't. Thankfully, Donald had made it before them, though he looked terribly uncomfortable; as if he were waiting for a reprimand of some kind. Though, whether he actually did anything wrong was lost on Ryou. "So, Mokuba. Have you decided where we're going?" He asked.

"Oh! Thank you very much," he offered as security handed him his briefcase. There wasn't a whole lot in it, but what was in it was important. Especially now that he was officially a part of the 'nameless' game development team. He waited for the brother's to board before he followed suit.

Brown eyes went wide and blinked several times as he took in the sight before him. The interior was surprisingly spacey, with the left side lined with single seats, and the right with a table for two to four people able to face each other while looking over it. A stewardess greeted them with a plastic smile and a chipper voice. "Welcome! Can I get you anything before the plane takes off?"

"Oh! Um... No thank you," he answered with an awkward smile and a shake of his head.

Mokuba figured the conversation about his big brother's likes and dislikes could continue on the jet while Seto slept. Especially once he'd joined them.

He'd been a little surprised Seto hadn't made a comment back toward Ryou's about seeing Blue Eyes fly. Although it was possible he'd caught it and it's creator hadn't. Upon being asked where they were going he offered a chipper, "yep."

And he added a quick, "Thanks Donald," and "I'm still good," to it, talking to each worker that required the attention. The woman smiled softly at him, seeming calmer since she'd had to call Seto's personal line for him.

Kaiba simply shrugged her off with a short shake of his head and picked his garment bag back up once they'd entered the jet. "Where?"

"Mmmmm... It's a surprise," the teen teased happily. He looked at their guest. "If you wanna you can sit by me." He indicated on If the tables that had two chairs on either side of it. A small glass of clear soda and partially finished puzzle decorated the area. He'd gotten there early as it was. So he'd decided to wait in the jet. When it had gotten too boring he'd made his call to Seto. "I'll be right back," he added as he headed for the cockpit.

Kaiba looked slightly annoyed by the tease but let it slide pretty easily. He didnt offer the same pleasantry as he moved the opposite direction toward one of three doors in the back so it wasn't clear if he would be returning. Although he paused and looked back at Ryou again. "By the way. You're going to need to decide which of those nerds will be taking Mannings' place. He was a major driving force on the project." Even if he wasnt the main one. Still, Ryou would need to choose wisely.

"There's a phone in the armrest of most of the seats. You can use one to inform whoever it is before we reach our destination." With that he soon disappeared behind a door again.

Ryou was left alone with the security team. There were plenty of them there, but Mokuba had chosen an area practically in the middle of the jet. And they were stationed in seats toward the front and back. This would give them some relative privacy.

Mokuba was back in a matter of moment and he plopped into his seat and bounced a little before planting his attention right back on Bakura. "It's gonna take about two hours," he informed him lightly. "You fly much Ryou? This is my favorite KC jet," aside from the obvious of course. Though Blue Eyes wasn't necissarily a 'KC' jet. It was much more personal than that. "You can barely even feel any turbulence once we're up. It's practically like a car ride." Or at least what bumps you could feel for the most part like they were just hitting a small snag in the road.

He didn't see his brother when he looked around. And he was vaguely interested in what had stopped him from changing before leaving to come get them. But then he realized that needing to do that was probably what had been the reason.

"Sure," he answered Mokuba, and took a seat opposite the one the teen had taken. It would make conversing easier.

The information set on him caused a nod. "I think I know who," he assured. Someone he trusted well. Someone who knew the game inside and out the way he did. Someone who put everything into the holograms and story line. The phone was lifted and a few numbers were punched in. "April? Yes, it's Ryou. Oh no, please, keep calling me Ryou, there's no need for that." The man laughed quietly. "Listen, I don't have long to talk; but, someone needs to take over Harrison's position and..." He laughed a little louder. "Yes, Mrs. Showers. I'd like you to take over. Please do your best, I'm putting my faith in you. Yes, okay. We can talk more once I have returned. I'll explain later. Good bye, and good luck."

Ryou placed the phone back in its place and released a heavy sigh. He hoped he'd made the right choice, but at the same time he wasn't worried. She never got the chances or credit she deserved, and he'd seen it first hand. She could take on this job, and he knew it for a fact. He smiled again as Mokuba joined him. "Not much anymore," he answered with a shake of his head. "I used to travel with my father on his archeological digs when I was younger, but once I was old enough to take care of myself I never really had the chance."

A soft hum came from closed lips, and Ryou leaned over the table with his hand covering the side of his mouth, as if to speak secret words. "I know it's a surprise for Seto but, you can tell me where you're going, can't you? I promise not to tell," he assured with playful eyes.

Mokuba leaned forward and mirrored Ryou. "Yeah but not till Seto's asleep. He has thisnhabit of showing up at the worst times."

As if on cue the man stopped beside them nearly the moment he'd said as much. Looking over their secretive poses he assumed they were trying to keep something to themselves. Not that he hadnt heard the last of what his little brother had said. He didnt say anything toward it however and simply moved on despite the silly look on Mokuba's face that begged to be brought attention to in it's attempt not to be.

He'd switched shirts from the starch white one to a white vested black button down. The white of the vest stopped at the seam and didnt travel around the back of the shirt, an attached material placed there by design. The black shirt was slick and a little loose in the arms, but hugged his abdomen and broad shoulders perfectly. Its collar held a familiar 'KC' logo, though it wasnt a part of the material. It seemed to be a metal clip that was attached. And familiar cuff links adorned the buttoned wrists. Even though it wasn't massively different it did look less stiff and more airy than his dress shirt.

The fitted black jeans he'd changed into did helped to smooth away that stuffiness a lot as well. They were dark, but wore into a slightly lighter grey in a purposeful design down the front and back of the legs. The seams held a similar attribute though it seemed a bit more random in placement. And while they folded and gathered in a few spots that included the very ends of the legs at the bottom, they had an over all fit that complimented his features incredibly well; as perfectly fitted as any of his high priced suites.

He'd also added a pair of leather belted, studded ankle high boots in place of dress shoes that pulled the outfit together rather well. The belts latched over the top of the boots in three rows. The fourth consisted of a double belt that latched on either side and formed an almost 'x' over the his foot. All of the studs adorned softer leather of the belts instead of the harder leather of the boot itself. And despite the folded bunching at the base of those jeans, the legs were skinny enough that they didnt risk pullung down over the boots to hide any of their attributes.The relaxed look stated all he needed it to for his preparedness for their day together. And while it might not have been his first choice when picking out an outfit for himself Mokuba tended to like it. Each item was a gift from the teen during previous trips. So it wasn't the last. And it suited their planned day well enough.

Seto found a single seat off on its own. Soon it was kicked back slightly and the pilot made an announcement for their departure. Within a minute of doing so they were lifting straight into the air via their patented engines.

As they climbed to cruising speed and altitude Mokuba fit a few pieces into his puzzle. "We can share if you want," he added as he waved a puzzle piece lightly. Though large eyes were continually cast in Seto's direction and back down as he worked at it. The only reason he didn't give their conversation a push being his distraction with his older brother's condition.

Ryou sat back and pursed his lips, looking up and to the side in a failed attempt to look innocent when his boss showed up at their table. It was strange to see Seto in such relaxed clothing. If he wasn't wearing a suit the man was wearing his starched trench coats, so without either it was quite strange. Then again, most of today had been weird. He'd woken up this morning as a paper pushing coffee runner, and now... Well now he was someone important, and directly connected to someone vastly more important. It was both exhilarating and daunting.

A nod was given once Seto took his seat, and the white-haired man took a good look at the partially put together puzzle. It took a moment, but he plucked up a piece and put it in place, followed by another, and then a long pause. "I've brought with me a more interesting game, if you would like to give it a try," he offered cautiously. He wondered if this could be the time and place. Mokuba was the perfect person to test run his game with, and they were alone up in the air without a single important person to over hear. "I created the models myself."

His concentration on Seto was shattered pretty quickly as the news was brought up. "You made a game?" Child-like excitement bubbled in curious eyes. Most of his actions and mannerisms were still decidedly child-like though so it wasn't much of a difference from usual. "That's awesome. Has Seto seen it?" Those large eyes shifted back over toward him as he we mentioned. "He's always willing to look at new and developing games, you know. If you show it to him I bet he'd even put you in charge of it." Unfortunately his excitement had him rambling a little too fast to allow the shorter male a word in edge wise.

"I'd love to play but first," he added quickly. He knew Seto was bound to have at least dozed off a little by now. "You like creepy things right, or am I thinking of someone else?" This time he did pause. But just enough for a breath. "Anyway wanna see something really creepy?"

It probably didn't seem like he was willing to wait for an answer on that either because he was standing a moment later. Hos excitement for that game was only slightly over shadowed by his excitement to show this other 'creepy' thing to him. And silently, he waved for Ryou to follow him as he kept toward his brother.

Peeking around the seat back before moving further, he deemed it 'safe' and walked past him to give Bakura the room to join him to see as well.

Seto was at the very least dozing. He had to have been pretty tired to be able to konk out so fast. Although Mokuba had already figured that because he most likely wouldn't have napped in the first place if he didn't need it. The young CEO's sleeping face held itself together as neatly as ever. He wasn't drooling or anything like that... Although he thought that would have made it even better. But the softened features in place of the normally tightened expression was what he'd been hoping for anyway. "Pretty creepy, huh," he whispered through a gleeful chuckle he had to force down.

"Well, not qui-" He couldn't finish. In fact he couldn't speak at all through the teen's excited ramblings. So he remained quiet with a pleasant expression on his face. As grown as Mokuba looked, he was still a child, and he was happy to see that the stress of being Vice President of Kaiba Corp hadn't turned forced him to grow up as quickly as it had his brother. "Mostly occult things, but yes. I enjoy the strange, weird, and creepy," he agreed with a nod, happy to see that the teen remembered such a detail. His love of such things hadn't dampened in the least, even after everything that had occurred in the recent past. Ryou still loved ghost stories, horror movies, and even playing with an Ouija board now and then. Sometimes he'd pretend he was able to talk to specific people he'd lost.

Sometimes he thought Bakura was still talking to him through it.

"Always," he answered just a little too eagerly. He stood with Mokuba, and followed him over to Seto's seat. Curiosity overshadowed his delight as he turned around it to look at the CEO's face. Creepy didn't quite fit what he saw. The man's facial features had gone soft... or at least significantly more so than his usual hard, straight lined expression. It was... The word he'd use was something he would never say out loud. When he was sleeping, Seto Kaiba almost looked, dare he think, cute!

Ryou had to force away the warmth in his eyes, and the strangest urge to reach out and brush his fingers along a well defined jaw line the way he had the Blue Eyes jet. "Yes, but I suggest we leave him to sleep. I'd rather him not become terrifying." It was both a joke and not. Mokuba had an immunity. He, however, did not; and he wasn't about to jeopardize his job so soon.

A long hum hit the boy's chest. The debate was as transparent as it had been the last time he'd made the noise while stretching. "Not just yet," he offered as a devious grin slid across his face.

"Watch this. I can make it worse," he added with a little chuckle that matched the look. He meant he could make it even more creepy, but it didnt really matter. The clip of a magic marker's top popping off hit the small area. He all but morphed into the Cheshire Cat. "I'm gonna draw on'm."

The fact that the marker seemed to have appeared out of nowhere wasn't the most interesting part about the little scene he'd created. It was the reaction of the elder Kaiba that was. "If you plan on having a 'nice, fun' day I suggest you stop what you're doing and go back to what you were. If you don't mind being miserable however, by all means, continue."

The snippy comment was absolutely as sharp in tone as ever. Despite that Seto neither opened his eyes or lost the softened look on his face. He was not awake despite how very much he sounded like he was.

Mokuba in turn had to shove his hands over his mouth in order to hold back a laugh that wanted to heave itself out of him. What came instead was a stifled chortle and a small snort. "Eh--Every time," he exclaimed quietly through a hitched breath that helped him manage to keep in most of his laughter. Hiss-clicking snickers replaced the wake as big sky blue landed on Ryou. "You can't tell me that's not creepy."

He was glad he waited. Ryou held both hands up to his mouth and covered it tightly to stifle his laughter. Seto Kaiba knew everything that happened in his corporation. Even in his planes, apparently. He found it down right hillarious and adorable that Seto knew his brother so well that he could chastise him while still asleep. Ryou shook his head at the question, and moved away from the chair to help keep him amusement in check. "It's too funny to be creepy," he answered from behind his palms. "Now really. I'd rather not deal with more scathing looks than normal."

With that said, Ryou returned to his seat with an amused chuckle. Kaiba must have a difficult time keeping tabs on his brother now that he'd entered his teenaged years. Especially with as much freedom and power he already possessed. "Here, have a look at these and tell me what you think," he said while picking up his briefcase and popping open the clips. He realized now that he should get one with a lock or combination.

Seto's case was lined with cards, but his was lined with models he'd carved himself, as well as a game board that sat below a bunch of paperwork. Four figures and a folded board were set on the table. He pointed at each one from right to left. "The Powerful Paladin," he started. Carved from whittling wood, as they all were, stood a three inch figure. It was garbed in a silver and gold armor set and held a large broadsword as well as a shield that was nearly the size of its body. It was expertly painted, with pitch black hair that matched the tiny dragon emblem that adorned both the armor set and shield.

"The Brutish Barbarian," Ryou continued. This one wore nothing but a loin cloth and a necklace with tiny teeth and claws hanging from it. His skin was tanned and bore red tribal markings that looked like large wolf paw prints, claws and all; as well as a matching tattoo atop its bald head. It held a giant axe that stood taller than the creature itself, the head a shiny silver, the sharp edges cracked from use.

"The Jeering Jester." This one was slightly taller than the rest, and significantly skinnier. It's clothes were brightly colored and perfectly detailed down to the stitching in the cloth and the bells on its four point hat. It carried a golden scepter and wore a smug expression on its face. It's hair was brown and short, only barely peeking out from under the hat.

"And this one... Is the White Mage." It was older than the others, and was whittled and painted with far less skill. It was shorter and cuter with a rounded face and large brown eyes. It's hair was white and spikey and was half covered by a pointed hat. It was adorned with a long, flowing robe and carried a long staff of gnarled wood. It bore a striking resemblance to the creator. "It's... sort of a place holder."

Ryou's face was slightly flushed. Showing off his figures was always a little embarrassing, and his nearly white skin made it difficult to hide any sort of blush. "Do you like them?" He asked hopefully. Not even Seto had seen these yet. In fact, none of his team had laid eyes on them. They were something of a surprise. A thank you for including him in the team meeting... And things just hadn't gone as planned.

"True," he conceded. And he was probably right. Marker was capped, twirled expertly between fingers as he started to follow, and quickly disappeared once again. Most likely in a pocket.

When the boy sat down again the glee hadn't left his eyes even a little. Not just cause he was still rolling just a little over that scene, but because now he was just so ready to see this new game. And the happy glitter in ocean eyes turned almost dazzling as he looked over the little people.

His face said everything it needed to about his awe of those little figures. But that didn't stop him from gushing even more. "Do I?! These are totally awesome!" He looked over the little figures with a contemplating hum before reaching out and carefully picking up the odd man out. "I think this one's my favorite even if it's just holding spot. It looks like he's got a lot more to say. They're all super cool though." And once again his rambling picked up. "I think the names Are real cute too. Are they the game pieces like in normal board games? Do you use dice or cards, or something else? How difficult is it? What're the age ranges? Whats the goal? How do you win?"

He shushed the teen, but the 'shhh,' was rocked by his amusement. He didn't want to wake up Seto, but he was so happy that Mokuba liked the figures; and, his sheer enjoyment of them only made him laugh with delight. Once more his expression grew warm as the White Mage was lifted up. "I made him as a child, so I suppose he has many stories to tell." The smile on his face became forced as he thought on those stories; but he'd gotten so good at hiding behind a facade that it was nearly impossible to tell.

'Your friends are still rotting away in their comas'

I know.

'And it's all your fault.'

I know.

'I'll take him too.'

Don't!

A brush of hands on his shoulders and hot breath against his neck had Ryou jolting in his seat and spinning around to look behind him. Thankfully, the way he was turned kept Mokuba from seeing the look of utter terror on his face. He'd gone white as a sheet... but he was always pale. No one ever noticed, not even his friends.

Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, but he forced himself to relax by chanting a familiar mantra in his head.

He's not there. He's not there.

When he turned back around he looked more embarrassed than fearful. "Sorry. I was sure I heard something. My imagination must have gotten away with me," he offered with his usual sweetness. Not willing to dwell on it, Ryou was quick to answer Mokuba's jumbled questions. "None of the above. It's a tactics game. Each character has their own movement speed. Here, this might help." Before moving on to the difficulty, Ryou unfolded the game board. It was a map of a small area, the right side made to be mountainous and the left to be a valley with a small river flowing down the center. It was covered in grid lines, making squares big enough for the pieces to be set in.

"The difficulty changes with the levels, or with the Game Master; so everyone can play. But the target audience falls on teens and young adults." Going back to his briefcase, Ryou pulled out another figure. This one was cloaked in a fabric robe that hid the figure from view. He placed it in the center square closest to himself. "The goal it to defeat the character. You win if you can reveal him. I made it this way, so that people have the option to create their own figures, if they'd like."

Ryou was relaxing again, the prospect of testing his game was an exciting one. And knowing that there were no shadows to corrupt it only had him slacken further. "If you'd like to know how, the best way to learn is for us to play. You'd just need to select your character, and place it on any of the squares closest to your side."

Mokuba's lips quickly pursed together when he was shushed. The jet was spacious but that didn't mean they were immune from from waking his brother. Although that didn't stop a softer, giddy chuckle from escaping him.

However when he landed ocean blues back on his friend that giddiness stifled itself a little. Head tilting, he had to work for a moment to try to figure out what he was seeing. Thanks to those 'little things' he was talking about earlier he was pretty adept at noticing small changes. He was inturrupted from his attempts however when the man nearly jumped out of his skin.

Even though he could see behind him easily and it was a ridiculous thought he couldn't help a light gasp as his initial reaction was to think they'd woken his brother. Even with his immunities he wasn't always safe from a waking, cranky big brother. And he really did wanna have a nice, fun day as had been suggested previously.

But Seto wasn't right there. In fact Mokuba had a good view of him still reclining in his seat further forward. But that didn't stop the look of concern that dragged over his features. Man, Ryou was really jumpy. And he couldn't help but wonder what he'd thought he heard.

A much calmer smile touched his lips as the man apologized and moved on in his explination of the game. He listened the best he could but warm hues were mostly placed on the white haired man himself as he spoke.

By the time Bakura leaned over to fish something else from his briefcase it had gotten little easier to pay attention to the game. And looking down on his hand had him realizing he still had the small figurine in it. So the teen placed said favorite piece as close to himself as he could while isolating him in the mountain area. He wasnt sure if that was right considering he had been just the littlest bit distracted. But instead of asking as much what came out was totally different despite how hard he tried to move on for his friend's sake.

"Hey Ryou?" He asked lightly. "I know we haven't seen each other for a good long time. But I'm here now." It was a gently prodding offer as soft azure eyes skipped off the board and back up to doe brown ones. "I mean... just so you know and all." He was willing to take the man at his word if he wanted him to. But he had already told him he was willing to do whatever he could to help. That didn't have to fall mearly under instruction on his big brother.

Ryou went through his case again, this time pulling out a laminated paper covered in printed notes; including, but not limited to, the White Mage's movement speed, attacks, and abilities. Though, without any other players the healing abilities seemed to be useless. Though, things weren't always as they seemed. "Each turn you can move three spaces up, down, left or right in any order, so long as there is a square to land on." He was pondering over his own character sheet when Mokuba addressed him. "Hm?"

Doe eyes blinked wide, then curved into delighted crescents as the teen continued. "Thank you Mokuba. I really do appreciate it." More than he could ever express. Not many offered him their time; not Yugi, not Yami... No one was willing to just be there for him; and yet, this teen he hardly knew was willing to offer it up so readily. "The sentiment is mutual."

The albino went on to explain things further, and the two of them began their game. They got through a couple turns, and Mokuba triggered an attacking pack of wolves. "So, where are we headed? And do you make such trips often?" He questioned curiously, pausing their game to sit back and ponder over his next play. He regretted not getting a drink, but wasn't willing to call in a stewardess and risk anyone seeing these pieces.

Back
Top Bottom