Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] The Autumnvale Brothel

The Autumnvale Brothel
Setup -- Out of Character -- Profiles

Welcome to the OOC for Autumnvale Brothel.​

Feel free to chat, ask questions, comment, and so on, here, or if you'd rather, shoot me a private message (though I'll be re-iterating any information I give out in PMs here anyway unless it is character-specific). As soon as I get around to it I'll also include a link to our dice roller here so that it can be easily located. Also, once I've created all the necessary pages you'll find them linked across the top of every opening post for sake of convienance.

Dice Roller: Click here.
(Password is "brothel")​

Ah, by the way, I'll be on holiday for a week starting saturday. I should still be able to respond once per day, however, and am greatly looking forward to it. Thanks in advance!

@Illven: Just some thoughts on the drawback. It isn't necessary or required, you can totally have that as a character quirk without taking a drawback, just thought it would be a neat crossover. Anything take your fancy? With some adjustments perhaps?

Based upon Sentimental drawback.
"You have an overly sensitive nose that leaves you sneezing repeatedly in the presence of strong scents. You take a -2 penalty on Fortitude saving throws to resist strong scents (such as the troglodyte stench ability). In addition, when in the area of a strong scent, you take a -2 penalty to Perception checks (-6 if it involves scent) and for a number of minutes after equal to half the time spent in the area."

Based upon Xenophobic drawback.
"You have a hard time talking to people in the presence of strong scents due to a fit of sneezing. You take a -2 penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive when interacting with people in the presence of a strong scent."

Based upon Tainted Spirit drawback.
"Ever since you were a child, strong scents made your eyes water and brought on a flurry of sneezes. You are shaken when in the vicinity of strong scents, and when you leave the area of the smell you must attempt a Fortitude save. The DC is 10 + the number of minutes you were exposed. If you fail this save, you remain shaken for a number of minutes equal to the amount you missed the save by."

I think I'm interested in the sentimentalish drawback.

Along with re-fluffing stenched sickened into her having a sneezing fit, so she can't aim as well etc rather then sick to her stomach.

Any idea what other strong scents besides stench, would trigger her nose?

Perfumes as I believe you suggested? Ah. Incense could be one. I don't know of any other monsters with scent-based attacks honestly.

I imagine besides rust those all work.

Then her familiar is a shedding cat because of course it is. :p

Of course. :3
So, general plan. I'm going to get the RP thread up today (16th), or tomorrow (17th).
I'll select the party on the 18th, and we can go ahead and kick things off.
Feel free to poke me here, or PM me, if you've any questions. Gonna start reading over stuff now in the proifles thread and I'll mention if anything pops out. ^^;

Alright. I should only be available about 14:00 UTC for about an hour each day for the next week, to please be patient with me.

Alrighty, fair enough.
I had some issues the 16th/17th with the medication I got, so I'm a bit behind. Rest assured I'm still here, and I'm still going to be starting soon. <3.

Game Thread
The dice roller we will be using, the password is "brothel" with no caps, or punctuation. I've linked the dice roller both in the first post of the OOC, and the IC thread for sake of ease. I'll likely repost it with every act change as well.

I see three people good to go, and those will who I will be going with (given my 2-4) lest something changes within the next day--I'll reply here, in the interest thread, and shoot a PM to let people know when the game is officially starting (which isn't yet, despite the game thread being up, I just want to have that ready to go over having to scramble to get it written out. :3). I said I'd give it a week, so I'm going to stick to that. I'll call it likely... early AM EST on the 19th, Wednesday, once I've finished with some things I need to take care of Tuesday night.

Edit: that is to say, to be clear, I'll pick people and get the game started early AM EST, on the 19th.

Just to keep people appraised of what is going on!

Alright. The party for this adventure kicking off will be:

Nina May played by Illven.
Reabyne played by ChrisGabriel.
Tugara Windswept played by Damien_Veq
Skylar Elywynn played by SepetRP.

Please head on over to the RP thread and toss up your introduction / responses to the opening post to kick this game off proper! I hope it doesn't come too much of a surprise that I went with the people who had completed profiles. n.n

I'd appreciate if the four of you -- if you haven't already -- get that character sheet done up in the next week or two. Character creation rules are mirrored here.

If there are any questions you can poke me here, or poke my PM box.

Blah, blah, life, blah. I'll try to be more prompt, just had a bad day yesterday.

Anyway, two things of note here.

One -- this is how I will be handling check information. I will note the check, and note the names of those who should know the information with it hidden behind a spoiler button. It not only keeps the information in the thread, rather than chunked out over PMs, but also makes it easier to relay that information, IMO. If you don't think you can keep the information you know, versus what your character knows, separate, don't click the spoiler. ^.^

Two -- I normally let players roll their dice, calling for a Perception check a reply or two (sometimes more) before they'll be needed. In this case, I forgot. Tugara noticed it thanks to Passive Perception (10+6 beat the DC of 15). Nobody else did (I assumed a +2 Perception for Skylar, Nina, and that's what Reabyne has), so I rolled, Nina made it. Just so people know what's going on there. As usual, though, if you're intending to search, roll the perception ahead of time, don't wait for me to ask.

I thought one of you would point out something to the others. >.>;;

In the event they do, you can assume you spot it as well without any extra difficulty (or roll) necessary. Chris, if you wish to move Rea to the Barracks to talk with the captain, feel free to do so, he'll let her in just fine, so she can ask her questions.

Let me know if there are any questions~~Sepet, Illuvia, could you please link your character sheets in the profiles thread so I can view them?

Got some PMs I'm answering here for the sake of everyone, and thank you Illuvia.

Say, how far is the tree with the two elves and the initial spot that I'm standing at the moment?
I knew I forgot something in my half-asleep state. They are about 40 feet (and growing) away from the people who stayed near Ophelia.

Not quite sure how you're ruling distances - be it more narratively, or more strict RaW.
I tend to do distances abstractly. Short, medium, long, or say 'about 30 feet' or 'about 40 feet.' If you're looking for strict RAW and maps, I'm afraid that's just not something I can do. I don't own a laptop, and post primarily from tablet. Sometimes I have access to a computer but it is far too few and far between to keep up with accurate battle maps.

... Illuven. Goodness, I'm not sure where I got -ia from. >.<

How does that work for translations for everyone?

I'm tired as heck, let me know if I missed or forgot anything. I tried to be more specific with things this time. And initiative wasn't needed. It won't really be (so if anyone has taken stuff for +initiative, feel free to swap it out now with no issues.) I guess I neglected to mention that the way I run encounters is 'hero get initiative, unless they are surprised.'

Ah, btw, you missed the close bracket for the translation spoiler.
Also, that initiative system works fine for me - and now we know how it works, so all good here.

I'll be swapping it out, but no big deal. Thinking about GSF enchantment.

And about the name, if I had to guess the fact that I'm playing a female character and ia sounds like a feminine suffix.

I think that the minuses to attack only counts if you want to cause non-lethal - otherwise it is just blunt damage. Also, you could not cause non-lethal by normal arrows. Still, the -4 is real, as Reabyne aimed at a specific area.

Wow, I fixed that pretty fast I thought, Davian... you must have noticed my reply the moment it came up. :p

Well, sorry regardless Illuven. >.>

Ah, you were dealing lethal? I have no idea where I got it in my head that you were dealing nonlethal then, Chris. Apologies. I guess I was more tired than I thought last night.

In the event it wasn't clear. You can act in any order. I'll resolve actions in order or whatever makes sense narratively. If you're waiting on someone else before you reply please do say so.

Back
Top Bottom