Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

Adri really didn't want to bother Jake with any of this right now. Pushing the trip to Biltmore back did seem like a good plan but it was impossible to get him to change plans for work without it resulting in a fight. So she told her agent that she would consider doing something in the couple of weeks between her coming back from her trip and Christmas. She definitely wasn't missing Christmas. She couldn't miss that. She put a lot of time and planning in that.

She finished her hair and makeup and got dressed. She felt like she was the one holding them up and she couldn't find the right shoes. She was having an off day.

She put on a pair of copper Louboutins and went out front. "Do you want me to take him while you put clothes on?" She asked and held her hand out to Owen. He was sucking on his middle and looked up at Jake with his wide blue eyes begging him not to move.

"I'll call Emma." She said softly and grabbed her phone and made the call. Emma wasn't too far away. The same floor of the hotel so she was there fairly quickly. Ready to entertain and soothe the meltdown that was brewing.

Jake looked her over. She was hot. Even in the simplest outfits, she looked amazingly stunning. "You look nice. You always look nice." He gave her a smile and put his headphones down. Little did Adri know the real reason they were going to Biltmore and if the trip got pushed back, he wouldn't be very happy.

He looked from Adri to Owen. "I don't know if he's going to go to you." Jake actually didn't mind the fact he wanted him instead of Adri. Normally he was mama's boy. "Buddy I have to go get dressed. Do you want to come help dad?" Owen gave him a nod and climbed off the couch and ran into the bedroom. It was easier to have him help and seem useful than fight him.

They went into the bedroom and Jake had Owen grab his shoes and his socks for him as he got dressed. "You're such a big help buddy." He kissed his head. "Do you want to come see daddy weigh in? You will have to stay with mommy or Emma. You will have to be a good boy?" Owen nodded and started to walk out of the room like he was ready to leave now. "Baby? Do we have clothes for him to wear. He wants to go. If we leave him here, he's going to have a melt down and it will be a pain for Emma. If he goes and at least sees me hopefully it will help. If not we can have Emma bring him back here." He offered.

“Thank you babe. I wasn’t feeling it but if you like it that’s all that matters.” She smiled.

While they were gone Emma came over. Adri explained Owen’s clinginess and his real meltdowns and the fake alligator ones. It was nothing Emma didn’t already know but explains dmade Adri feel better so when they left and it happened Emma wa ready for it.

Taking him to weigh ins was her idea. She couldn’t say no now but she don’t want to deal with meltdown. It was easy for Jake to want to take him when he was the one who wouldn’t be sitting next to the crying baby.

“Yeah. He has clothes.” She told him and went into the bed room and pulled out his outfit. She didn’t understand he obsession with babies in blazers but she didn’t argue with it either

Owen was adorable and he looked cute when he was all dressed up. he kept ripping the hat off so she left it off. Once he had his shoes on they were ready to go. Adri grabbed the diaper bag and she was ready. Owen wanted to be with Jake. He wanted to be carried. It would settle for holding Jake’s hand at the very least.

“The boys are going to meet us there.” She told him. They always got there early anyways. Luke and Amy were waiting for them inside the SUV.

This was the only event Amy would be attending for the fight. “Mom and dad are the way. Dad said something about a pep talk.” Amy explained.

Jake told Owen he looked handsome just like his dad and gave his head a kiss. He picked Owen up and carried him out to the SUV as well as his bag. He got him strapped in and Amy said hi to Owen.

Owen smiled and started talking in his random gibberish to Amy. "Dad wants to give me a pep talk?" Jake was a bit confused but shrugged. "Okay. Cool."

Amy smiled and complimented on everyone's nice outfits. Jake explained that Owen has been rather clingy so he was hoping this will help prevent a melt down.

Once they got to the weigh in's Jake carried Owen and his bag inside. Inside they posed for a couple photos but not a lot before Jake went in with them to find their seats. "Okay buddy. Daddy has to go work but you can watch him up there." He pointed to the stage and then also the screens he could watch him on. "Then when I'm done we can go back to hanging out at the hotel okay? Maybe even a quick swim? But you have to be good." He kissed his head and handed him over to Adri before giving her a kiss.

“No he had to give mom a pep talk. And this is just weigh ins. I give her props for trying but I would be willing to bet we are watching from the couch tomorrow night.” She laughed.

They had to wait for his parents and then they were off. It was a quick trip to weigh ins which was nice Owen kept talking and now he had more people to engage and talk too so he was even more vocal.

When it was time for Jake to leave Adri took Owen in her arms and they waved goodbye to daddy. She smiled at emma and still felt her phone going off in her purse. With weigh ins starting up she wasn’t about to take it out and get sucked into her emails. This was Jake’s times she would focus on him.

When Jake was on the big screen she pointed it out to Owen and he clapped his hands and called out for Jake.

Jake smiled. "I'm just glad she came. I do appreciate it. I want to get a photo with her and dad though cause who knows if she will be back." He chuckled.

When it was his tirn he went up on the stage and stripped down to his underwear and got on the scale. Luke was thee to hold onto his clothes. He flexed before stepping down. He weighed in after Romero. Romero was at 184lbs. Jake was 180. When they got ready to pose for a photo Romero was running his mouth. Jake just grinned and posed. The dude got fairly close to Jake. "You better take pics capture how your face looks. I'm going to fuck you up." Jake said just loud enough for Romero and Dana to hear. "Keep talking shit. I'll shut your ass up quick."

Dana asked Jake a few questions. "What do you think of all the trash talking from Romero?"

"His jaw is going to be tired after I'm done with him and it won't be from him yapping."

"What's your training been for this fight verse others?" He asked Jake.

"Tape and some secret weapons. He thinks he's the best well right now I'm the best and he's going to have to knock me out to take that belt from me. Until then I'll hold onto the title of being champ."

Jake got dressed after the questions. Dana asked Romero his strategy. "I'm going to do that very thing. Knock his ass out. He's fought wimps who hit like his woman. He hasn't fought me. I can last longer than him and I'm stronger than him."

Jake laughed and shook his head.

"I've been training and he's taking vacations. Some people know when their career is at the top and when you are just a fluke. The hard work put in will show. I've spent time in the gym. He's spent it learning about fashion. I know his priority isn't this fight. It's a shame to his fans really."

Jake rolled his eyes and then they both went down from the stage with no mics. "How does it feel to play second to your wife's career?" Jake got in his face. "You're lucky my son's here." Romero pushed Jake and Luke stepped in but yelled at Romero's trainer to get him in line. Jake didn't initiate anything but his words really hit a nerve and Romero knew it.

Adri wanted ear muffs for Owen just in case the fighters wanted to use sentence enhancers and give him a few new words to learn. Unfortunately she didn’t have any so the hope was that she could distract him with something else while the guys spoke and answered Dana’s questions.

Owen clapped when the crowd clapped and yelled when the crowd yelled. He was having fun which was nice. As long as he could see Jake he was happy.

When Jake walked off stage, Adri walked back stage with Owen so he could get his daddy. When Jake was in sight she set Owen down and let him run over to him. He grabbed Jake’s leg and smiled at him.

“Sorry this crazy fan couldn’t wait to see you.” She smiled. “You looked good. How do you feel? Ready to kick some A-S-S?”

Jake watched Romero walk away. He was fuming but kept his cool. Having his family, especially Owen there kept him with a level head.

He smiled down at Owe . "Hi big guy! Did you have fun?" This kid and Adri were the two things in life that could calm the Hulk in him down. He picked him up. "Did you see me?" Owen nodded and clapped and Jake laughed.

"I feel good. I'm ready. I've trained and prepared. I'm ready to go!" He kissed Owen's cheek.

Luke smiled and couldn't wait to have his son be there and do the same. Jake got a hug from Owen. "Were you good? Do you want to go swimming?" A half hour or so in the pool would probably help Jake keep his mind on hid his family and the fight. Owen got excited and nodded. "Ready to go?" He looked at Adri. "I want to get a photo with everyone, especially mom and dad then we can go."

They posed for a few photos and Jake hugged his parents. It meant a lot they were both there to support him. Luke touched his arm. "Use what he said to get angry tomorrow. Knock him out and shut him up." He said quietly and Jake gave him a nod.

“He loved it. He was clapping and yelling. I think Emma got a video. He was very happy.” She smiled and rubbed his cheek. “Good.” She said to him being ready. “Anything Owen and I can do to help, just let me know.” She told him and gave him a kiss.

“He was very good.” She told him. It looked like it was pool time. She took a picture withjake and the group and then she took a couple pictures of Jake and his parents. Owen was in all of them because he wasn’t letting Jake go for anything.

When it was time to go they all got in the van. “Are you guys going to the poool with us or do you want to sight see?” She asked his parents and Luke and Amy.

“You won’t be seeing me in a bikini anytime soon. I kind of want to walk around try a slice of New York pizza.” Amy said and looked at Luke if she wasn’t going to the pool he wasn’t ether.

John was happy doing whatever Eileen wanted. It was her first time in New York so they could do whatever.

Eileen mentioned wanting to watch Owen swim. They could explore after. "Mom he will tire himself out anyway. He will be out and you guys can go check out the city. I need to find a good protein meal."

They got back to the hotel and Jake and Owen got changed in their suits and Jake put Owens little swimvest suit on him to help keep him up. He loved jumping in at Jake. "You're crazy..." He told him.

Eileen looked at John and Adri. "What do you think happened after they left the stage?" She asked concerned but quietly.

"I am sure they did some more trash talking and went their separate ways." She said. "Tomorrow, whether you make it to the fight or not, tell him that you love and support him. It will help him." She added.

Adri threw a little something on and went down tot he pool with them. She liked watching Owen jump in. She got her feet wet while Jake tired Owen out. She was on her phone looking for something they could eat and looking through her emails.

"What do you feel like eating?" She asked. "We can do steaks. We can do...I don't vegan. Anything. New York has everything." She laughed.

"I will do that. Thank you." She told Adri. She appreciated how respectful Adri had been towards her despite how things had been before. John didn't say much because he had heard from Luke what was said.

Owen was having so much fun. Jake looked over at Adri. "Something with a lot of protein. Not sure about steak for me. But fish would work if there is an option. I don't think I want to go out anywhere though. Is that okay?" He asked her with a small smile.

Eileen took a few photos of Owen swimming or well jumping. Jake smiled at Owen playing and showing off for his grandparents. He moved over to kiss Adri. Owen started calling for Jake. "Just a minute bud." He was just about a foot away but Jake's heart about stopped when he heard a splash. Jake turned to grab Owen but he came up a bit shocked and floated on his back. He picked him up but stayed calm to not freak Owen out. "Wow buddy you did it by yourself. But next time wait for Daddy okay?" He looked at Adri. His mom had her hand on her heart.

"Are we eating with everyone or do you want a quiet night in?" She asked. She was hoping for a quiet night. This fight was going to brutal, he told her that himself. He needed some cuddle time with Owen before it was too difficult to do.

She found a nice spot that would have something Jake could eat and she would enjoy. She didn't have to diet and she really enjoyed the pizza but she was upset she missed out on the pasta. So she was getting fettuccine alfredo.

Adri had to fight not to freak out. His swimming coach told them not to freak out because Owen would read those emotions and would freak out himself. She took a deep breath. "And Daddy shouldn't take his eyes off of you, huh?" She held her arms out for him and gave him a hug and a kiss.

"You're okay, right?" She gave him another kiss and set him on the side of the pool so he could do it again.

"Definitely a quiet night in. I don't feel like being overly social. I have too much going on in my head." He told her quietly. "I'm fine if the parents are there but not a lot of people. I may actually lay down with Owen we get back to the room."

Jake felt awful but he at least was still in the water and was right next to him. "I know...I know..." He said feeling awful and handing him over to her. Owen though knew what to do and that made Jake feel a bit better.

Owen gave her a nod. It just scared him like it scared them but he at least knew he would come back up and he wasn't really afraid now. Eileen still was trying to breathe. "Jacob, if your fight is anything as scary as that, I'm keeping your son and Amy company tomorrow. I'm sorry." Jake smiled, "It's okay mom. I understand."

Owen jumped back in a few times wanting Jake to catch him. Jake did and put him back on the edge until he gave Adri a bit wet hug. Jake laughed.

"He flipped onto his back. Did you see that?" She asked. His swimming coach taught him how to flip onto his back when he was unsure about being in the water and it worked. He flipped onto his back and didn't panic. By the time Jake got to him, he was okay and calm. Him being calmed paired with Adri and Jake staying calm helped the entire situation.

When he came running over to give her a hug, she hugged him back and kissed the top of his head. "Love you bud." She told him and he told her he loved her too.

"Are you tired? Want to go watch some Paw Patrol?" She asked.

He leaned back and showed her his Paw Patrol swim trunks which Brian had to run and grab along with swimming diapers. He loved them and she hoped he wouldn't cry too much when she had to take them off.

"Is that a yes?" She asked and he nodded his head. She smiled. "And you know what? While you are watching Paw Patrol you can have some banana." She said excitedly because he loved banana even though he couldn't really say the word. "But first you have to take a shower with Daddy. Okay?"

She set him down, "Jump a few more times and then we will go to the room."

"I did. He did a good job." Jake told her.

Jake watched then went under a minute while Owen was occupied with Adri. "Someone loves his new swim trunks." He asked where Rocky was and he pointed on his trunks. He then jumped in a few more times then looked at Adri and said 'done,' like he was when he was done eating. Jake put him on the side. "Walk over to Grandma and Papa John. They have your towel. Walk. No running Owen Isaac." He walked over to them.

Jake climbed out and grabbed his Owen towel. "If Owen gets banana what do I get? You never did make my smoothie. You would have been fired..." He told Adri.

His parents told them bye as they both headed to their own rooms. Jake and Owen got a quick shower and Jake washed Owen's hair and his own before the rest of himself. Once Owen was clean he handed him out to Adri so he could finish up and she could get him in a diaper. Jake put a pair of shorts on.

Adri raised her eyebrows, “Owen Isaac. We are using full names now?” She asked with a laugh. “Tough daddy. I think I like it.” She whispered and gave him a kiss.

“You’ll get a smoothie.” She rolled her eyes when he said she’d be fired. “You couldn’t get rid of me if you tried Boo.” “I’ll make your smoothie while you’re in the shower. Strawberry banana and flax seed. I’ll make a small one for him too because I know he will want to share. And I don’t think you will want his special ingredient.” She made a face at the thought of baby backwash.

Adri said goodbye to Jakes parents and took Owen back. She let Owen slide the key to the door and opened it with him. While they weee in the shower, she made the smoothie and cut up some fruit for Owen. She put his show on and she was ready for him when Jake was done cleaning him up.

She put him in a diaper and t-shirt and let him have his snack. She waited until Jake was out to take her own shower and came out in boyshorts andnone of his shorts. “You aren’t wearing underwear and I hate you for it.” She groaned.

"Yes cause there are days that he skips walking and just runs everywhere. He would run and face plant and I love him but I need rest tonight and can't spend hours and hours in the ER." He told her and smiled before kissing her back.

"Sure I could...Don't test me." He told her and gave her a look. "Thank you baby." Jake appreciated that she'd give Owen his own so they wouldn't have to share. Plus he will think he's cool for getting his own.

When Adri came out from her shower and mentioned what he had on or lack there of. "You do not hate me. At least I don't have sweats on." He told her and shrugged and took a sip of his smoothie. "You better jump me tomorrow..." He told her. "Just think of this moment." To help he flexed. Owen drank some of his smoothie but also ate his banana.

Jake laid down and stretched. "Are you ready for tomorrow?"

She had her phone so when he boys fell sleep she would be able to do some work. She had a feeling they would mostly be fashion week related and that was later in the new year so it wouldn’t take her away right now.

“They’re just as bad Jake. I can still see everything and it will still swing around when you walk.” She laughed. “That has to feel weird. Just having it dangle when you walk.” She shook her head. “Weird.”

“I’m ready. I’m nervous. I know you said this would be a difficult fight and that you are changing things up. I wish every fight was like the Bisping fight but I know that’s just hopeful thinking. You’re going to have difficult fights and I’m going to be there for all of them. Unless I’m heavily pregnant then Owen and I will be cheering from the couch.” She smiled.

She pulled Jake over so he could lay his head on her lap. While he was down she braided his hair back like he wanted.

“I love You Boo. I know you have worked hard and I will never doubt that. I get nervous and I will never not get nervous before your fights. You can come back bruised and bloodied. I just want you back in one piece.” She said and gave him a kiss on the forehead. When Owen finished his snack he walked over and whines until he was on the couch with Jake. He laid his head on Jakes chest and calmed down. It was clear he was ready for a nap.

"It's not weird when you've had it your whole life. Imagine how guys with boxers feel. I imagine this feels how you all feel when you take off a bra and go free. Sometimes we don't want the boys confined." He shrugged.

Jake smiled, "Thanks baby. That means a lot thanks." He smiled and then laid his head on her lap. "Does it look okay?" He wondered how it really looked.

His eyes closed as she worked and he smiled. "Thanks baby. It had to be one legit messed up fight if I come back in multiple pieces." He chuckled.

Jake hugged Owen. "Mr. Whino. You need stop being a whino butt." He kissed his head. "I don't want to get up. You're comfy and now O is on me...Can I nap here?"

She took a picture and showed it to him. “I think it looks good. They have to be small braids because your hair is short but it works.” She said.

“It doesn’t have to be that messed up. You have broken ribs, hurt your elbow. My god as an old man you’re going to be miserable. I’m going to have hire you a nurse.” She teased.

“You’re both about to nap here. I suppose I could sit peacefully for nap time.” She told him. She bent over and kissed Owen’s head. Jake was too close so she kissed her fingers and pressed them against his lips.

While they rested she worked so hopefully when they got home they could have a quiet day of no clothes.

"What do you think? Should I wear it that way? Whatever you think I'll do it." He told her.

Jake smiled. "But I'm in one piece. It's not like I lost a limb." He chuckled. "Ill be okay. I promise. But you did forget collapsed lung." He winked at her.

He snuggled into her, his head facing her resting his head against her stomach. It was nice snuggling with her and Owen. He pulled a blanket over him and Owen.

Jake was asleep in no time right after Owen. It was a nice little nap for the two boys.

“I like it. You’re going to have a tiny ponytail but it will be cute. I’m guessing you’re not allowed to have bobby-pins while you’re fighting.” She smiled and rubbed his cheek.

“And a collapsed lung.” She sighed. “You need brain scans next year. I want brain scans to show any signs of damage up here.” She said and tapped his forehead. “I want to know what we are in for.”

She watched her boys fall asleep in between sending emails. She was getting the stepping stones of her cosmetic line started and she was figuring out which shows she wanted to do for fashion week. It was looking like once the holidays were over she would be gone for a while and then she’d come back. And leave to work for Victoria’s Secret.

She took a few pictures of Jake and Owen sleeping and then all over the place because they were too damn cute to keep to herself.

He chuckled. "Nope. Will it make my hair curly though?" He asked.

Jake sighed. "You're starting to sound like my mother. Don't bring that up in front of her please. You know what you're in for. You know I'm a fighter."

Her agent sent her a few messages to ask about work. After the holidays was going to cut it for him.

In their sleep, Owen moved closer to Jake's face and rested his little hand on Jake cheek. Jake didn't move as he stayed asleep. Owen liked to touch one of them if he snuggled and slept with him.

A couple hours later Owen started to wake up before Jake. "Da? Da!" He sat up but looked at Adri then Jake like he wanted to smack Jake in the face to wake him up.

“Wavy. Not curly like mine or anything.” She said.

“I won’t. I’m smarter than that but you do need to get tested for any mental diseases. She hat way we can be prepared in the future. We both need to sit down and talk about our futures seriously app. We are going to be married. I want to know when you want to retired from fighting and when you want to start your gym. Everything Boo. Not right now but later. Get some rest. You know I love you no matter what. I’ll be there for everything.”

After the holidays was going to have to cut it. Ah could probably do one thing and then she was going to Denver. She and Jake had a New Years party to attend. They were booked.

When Owen woke up she grabbed his really quick before he could smack Jake. He laughed like it was a fun game and she told him no hitting. She put a pillow under Jakes head and took Owen into the bedroom so he could watch her show and she could continue to work. She was going back and forth with her agent about working before New Years.

Back
Top Bottom