Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Salt and Sulfur: Chapter Two (Messeduprp and Skieth Takahata II)

Charlotte's grin fell away as she spoke about what they did. She looked around the tunnel nervously before pulling her rifle out once again. "So, we stay quiet and we sneak out and lay low? Easy enough. I can be stealthy." She looked down at Flopsy before frowning. "Not this again, I can be quiet!" She stuck her tongue out before moving to take point, raising her rifle. She hummed softly to herself to settle her nerves, recounting her mother's lullaby.

Maria looked around and took Charlotte's hand, leading her down a tunnel very carefully. "Just stay close to each other... We'll be okay... It's probably empty anyway." She was trying her best to keep calm.

Charlotte could pick up on Maria's fear, even as she tried to be brave. She turned her attention forward again, double checking her father's rifle. She would much prefer to have her wrist cannons again, but rebuilding them would take time. She looked down when Maria took her hand, making using her rifle a difficult proposition. "If we can just make it one block over we can get street level again. Then we're clear of cultists and cops. Not that there's much of a difference."

Maria smiled at her lover's joke. "Yeah, no difference." It was hard to believe that only a few short months ago. She had not only been one of those cops but also considered Charlotte her arch-nemesis. So much had changed in these months, especially those that she had been hiding out alone. She barely noticed now as she gently kicked aside what she knew to be bones. As they went down the block. Maria was becoming more and more sure that this tunnel was empty, but she wasn't sure

Charlotte kept an eye out but still hummed softly to herself. It was almost impossible for her to sit still and silent. So she nearly skipped as she walked. "If I remember the sewers as well as I'd like to think I do... We should be close to a surface access. Then we're home free! Sort of..."

Maria looked over at her companion, shaking her head. "We could be down here for awhile, not sure how long until-" she stopped talking as she bumped into a ladder up. "Or... It's right there... Okay." She sighed and climbed up, keeling one eye above her and the other on Charlotte. "I'm not letting you slip away this time..." She muttered.

Charlotte stifled a giggle as Maria bumped into the ladder. "I told you silly." She looked up as she began to climb up. Her smile turned to a brief frown as she muttered something under her breath. "I'm not going anywhere, ya know?" She climbed up after her slowly. As they emerged on the other side, Charlotte sat on the threshold, lifting her goggles away from her eyes. "Any progress or we still lost?" She asked, rubbing her irritated eyes.

Maria didn't respond to Charlotte's comment. As much as she desperately wanted to trust her, she couldn't hold out that Charlotte wouldn't just leave her again and run off. She had lost her once bit she couldn't handle that again.

As they escaped the hatch, she looked around. They were in a familiar looking place, a tunnel of some sort. "We must be in a maintenance tunnel, like in the one we took after breaking into that mansion before. I guess it connected here for some reason."

After clearing her eyes, Charlotte looked up at Maria. "Well, I still have an idea of where we are in the city. We didn't go far." She tapped her chin in thought, still sitting on the threshold of the sewer access. "If it's the same maintenance tunnel, we should be able to find our way back to that mansion, or what's left of it." She giggled a bit before looking up excitedly. "If we can't find a surface access, I could make one!" She tapped her knees as her lips spread wide in a hopeful and manic grin. "I can make a bomb and blow a hole in the ceiling!" She pulled herself up, dusting herself off before looking around the tunnel, rubbing her hands together while she was idle.

[Maria calmly stood up and put her hands over Charlotte's, pulling her in for another kiss. She missed kissing Charlotte before looking her in the eye. "This may not be the same tunnel Charlotte, and U think that if we blow up the curling we may kill a lot of people and tell the police where we are. We don't want Ro do either of those things, do we?" She spoke, calmly and clearly. Keeping eye contact with her maniac lover the whole time.

A frown tugged at Charlotte's lips as the kiss ended. She pouted like child told to put away her toys. "Oh..." She whined softly. She kicked at the floor in disappointment. "No fun." She certainly didn't want to her innocence, but the chase was the funnest part for her. She looked back to Maria. Her right hand twitched as she tried to curve her compulsion for arson and destruction. "Alright, we'll do it your way..." She said with a huff of disappointment.

Maria looked at Charlotte. Then peered outside. They seemed to be not to far from the edge of the city. "Okay Charlotte... I think we may have use of exploding something... I think we can probably blow a door or a wall and get our of here... Then you and I have some... Catching up to do." She winked at Charlotte and bit her lip. Her mind had gone wild with flights of fantasies involving Charlotte.

Charlotte brightened up immediately when she spoke about maybe blowing something up after all. She didn't even register the innuendo in Maria's words, as interested as she was in finally having her lover that way. Her inner arsonist was completely focused on that next explosion. "Great! Let's do it!" She said cheerfully. Her hand dipped into her back, pulling out a remote explosive, tossing it up and down in her hand as she began skipping off. "Come on, love! Let's have some fun!" Her pigtails bouncing as she wandered off down the tunnel.

It took Maria a second before she ran off after Charlotte. She certainly couldn't leave her semi-psychopathic, arsonist girlfriend who was wanted by the law our of her sight. Maria faltered for a minute and relfexted on the fact that that was what her life was now before shrugging it off. At this point, she wouldn't have it any other way.

"Charlotte you need to stop running away! Jeez... I need to keep you on a leash it seems" ironically that was one of the fantasies she had used to entertain herself in the long month alone.

Charlotte winced a bit at the mention of a leash. Not because in a sexual sense she might not have been excited by it, but because elves still had a long fight to stand beside humans as equals. The leash used as a disguise when the infiltrated the brothel, Charlotte dressed as a slave, was a fine example of that.

"What's the point of sitting still? I want to blow something up! Come on!" She took Maria's hand guiding her deeper into the tunnel.

Maria sighed and smiled softly. Trotting along to follow her lover. "Charlotte Charlotte... You're going to get me in to trouble every day of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way." She smiled softly and followed her along. Slinging the rifle onto her back as she trotted after Charlotte.

Charlotte came to a halt when she finally found a possible exit. She grinned tossing the explosive up and down. "See!" She cheered, patting Flopsy's head. "I told you she had fun running around with me!" She twirled around to face Maria with the bomb in hand. As if asking permission.

Maria looked from Charlotte's maniacal grin to the bomb in her hand and back several times. Her life really was a mess. She nodded to Charlotte and turned the arsonist around towards the exit. "Go on and do it." She let Charlotte awt the bomb before moving away and pulling Charlotte with her. As soomnas they had some distance, the bomb went off.

Charlotte beamed as Maria gave her permission. She attached the bomb, giggling to herself as she activated it. She skipped back away from it, turning to watch it go off. As the explosion went off, her eyes sparkled with delight, as she bit her lip. Her entire body shuddered before she let out a laugh. She twirled around, her pigtails bouncing. "Come on! We're home free!" She hurried out through the hole she had created.

Maria followed her out, half running and half keeping hold of Charlotte. "Not just yet Charlotte... Look." Since date didn't seem to like making things easy for Charlotte and Maria, now they were deposited on a street and about two yards behind them were three salt mages. "Why does this always happens to us." Maria mumbled before dashing to the side as a pillar of the ground shot out from beneath them, she barely pulled Charlotte away before it happened.

"Alright Charlotte... We have three salt mages, the police, and god knows what else that's going to come around that corner... Any ideas?"

Charlotte gave a sharp gasp as she was pulled out of the way of the pillar of earth that erupted beneath them. She glanced around it at the mages and the police. "Salt mages? Since when did these people openly hang out with your old friends? Is your old flame that determined to wipe us out?" She sifted through her bag, looking for anything.

"Um... I'm not sure..." She looked down at Flopsy quizzically. "You gonna contribute any time soon?" She waited for a long moment before sighing and shaking her head. She looked around for anything she could use before a broad grin covered her face. Spotting a carriage only a little ways up the street. "If I fill it with gunpowder barrels and roll it down the street... And a well placed bullet..." She grinned wider as she made an explosion sound effect with her lips and then whispered "Boom!" She seemed overly excited about the idea. "But you need to distract them and then shoot the carriage when I say."

Maria was about to object to the idea before an explosion ripped a chunk from a brick wall less than twenty feet from them. "Okay... I'll go high, you go low. I'll see what I can do to keep them suppressed."

With a nod to Charlotte and a kiss, Maria tore away from the cover, slinging her rifle around and aiming at the mages. She fired a shot at the feet of one, the robes figure jumping away while the police fired off back at her. She hopped onto a balcony and slid behind another wall, preparing her next shot while watching Charlotte.

Charlotte quickly dipped into the shadows, stealthily approaching the carriage in question. She looked about, finding the barrels she needed. One-by-one, she hefted them up into the carriage, filling it with four or five before she was ready. "Okay, Flopsy are you ready?" She blinked a couple of times. "What do you mean it won't work? Of course it will! I'm the best at this remember?"

She peaked around the rear of the carriage and up to the balcony where Maria was standing. She grinned wider. "Here! We! Go!" She gave a heavy grunt as she began pushing it towards the start of the steep road. She got a running start, jumping onto the back of the carriage and climbing to the front to steer it. "Are you watching, Dalia!? Send more next time!" She shouted as the carriage continued careening towards them, laughing maniacally. "Tag! You're! IT!" She jumped off of the carriage, clinging to a window sill on a near building before turning to face Maria. "Shoot it!"

To say Maria was worried as Charlotte drove a carriage of explosives down a street while bullets and shards of various materials from the salt mages whizzed by her head, would be an abysmal understatement. The moment Charlotte was both off the carriage and still able to speak, Maria had the carriage beaded in hr sights, and fired, the bullet flying through the air and piercing the window, then the powder. Igniting the whole carriage in a moment's notice.

The vehicle exploded in a fireball eight as it bumped into the line of police, admittedly Maria felt a little bit bad about that, but at the same time it felt good to five the proverbial middle finger to her deranged ex-lover Dalia. In the meantime, Maria got down to the street and went straight to Charlotte, "come on! I get the feeling there's more on the way."

Charlotte watched the explosion, her eyes wide and shimmering with delight. She slid down from the wall, her laughter almost louder than the chaos. Her arms were wrapped around her stomach as she continued to laugh hysterically, only shaken from it by Maria's voice. "Aww... I was just getting warmed up!" She turned to face the carnage her plan had wrought, sticking her tongue out at the scene. "Serves them right!" She patted her hands together, beating the dust off before hurrying off down the street. "Come on then!" She had no idea where they were going, but the street only went one way with the wall of fire and debris her plan left behind.

Back
Top Bottom