Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's Your Username Mean?

When I create a username (and I use a lot of different ones for these sorts of sites), I usually create something somewhat random and find the meaning in it afterwards. Perhaps my subconscious kicks in as I compose it, or maybe I’m making something out of nothing.

There’s ‘queer’ in it because I’m not straight. There’s ‘queerver’ because it sounds like ‘quiver’ and hey, this is a sexual RP forum at the end of the day. There’s ‘ver’, which means ‘to see’ in Spanish (I have an interest in linguistics). Then my whole name makes a pun of sorts, I suppose (puns, my lifeblood...): ‘queer to see’ sounds rather similar to ‘clear to see’. Ironic for an online platform.

Ah well, it makes sense enough to me.

Queerver said:
When I create a username (and I use a lot of different ones for these sorts of sites), I usually create something somewhat random and find the meaning in it afterwards. Perhaps my subconscious kicks in as I compose it, or maybe I’m making something out of nothing.

There’s ‘queer’ in it because I’m not straight. There’s ‘queerver’ because it sounds like ‘quiver’ and hey, this is a sexual RP forum at the end of the day. There’s ‘ver’, which means ‘to see’ in Spanish (I have an interest in linguistics). Then my whole name makes a pun of sorts, I suppose (puns, my lifeblood...): ‘queer to see’ sounds rather similar to ‘clear to see’. Ironic for an online platform.

Ah well, it makes sense enough to me.
That's so clever, I love it. :D

Chai. Simple and sweet, and a little spicy. Like the tea.
I'm also a barista, and the chai latte is my favorite drink.

I wanted a user name that could also double as a Pen Name for blogging and writing. I chose Raina because I simply liked the name. I wanted the name to have alliteration because my real name does and I wanted the last name to be related to books So; Raina Reader.

Eldrithe is a user name I use when I don't use Sayonel. I came up with it as a kid and thought it would be a pretty elf name, I have an obsession with elves for some reason. Whisperwind came from Tyrande Whisperwind from Warcraft.

I wanted a new username outside of the few I usually use, one fitting the site. I decided to do something mythology related because I'm a filthy myth whore, and I'm also into wordplay. So I just mashed passion and nymph together and boom - it had the nice bonus effect of sounding like 'passionate'.

My name is Brandi and I made my username when I was 18 and had to put x's in all the spaces and dreamz because a. I was a dreamer and b. z's because I was so edgy lol I used this username for everything back then.

I used to use names of my characters back when I only roleplayed in Games. Back then to coordinate roleplays or guilds we used RP forums for that particular game and we used our main character's name.

But since I've evolved from gaming RP and jumped into writing paragraphs and solo writing, I just used ImaginationGoneWild because that's what my muse is like. I have a variety of stories and characters over the years. It's also the name i'm most familar under in the writing community.

My username?

Well. This current iteration of it is a combination of a name I found in a Star Trek book and my own middle name. “Soran” was the name of a Vulcan character in a TOS book I read (though, at the time of writing this, I can’t remember the book title!) and “Jaymes” is a variation of the name James, and my real life middle name.

EDIT 4/12/2018: I remembered the Star Trek book- it was Sarek. Soran was an assistant to the Vulcan ambassador in his diplomatic duties.

Judas... Everyone likes a bad boy... Right?

Taken from the novel Twelve, by Jasper Kent.

My name is just a reflection of how I want to be perceived since I play a lot of dom characters. It's an ambiguous first name meaning it could be male of female. Kaine sounds sinister and commanding.

adjective
1. of or like the amaranth.
2. unfading; everlasting.
3. of purplish-red color.

Also the band Amaranthe have a song by the name and it was "our song" with one of my exes a few years ago... Picked it up as a username at that point and it's just kind of stuck because I don't like change.

I thought it sounded cool. I think the original idea came from an older edition of the Warhammer Fantasy wargame, where there was a spell called "Purple Sun of Xereus" that would create a big purple orb that rolled across the battlefield disintegrating everything it touched.

I used to go by "Verite," which, with proper accent marks, is the French word for "truth," and I thought it sounded cool. Initially I only alternatively went by "Ver" for short, but as more people referred to me as it, I just rolled with it, especially since I think it sounds a little cute, weird as that may seem.

My name just started as a random fantasy name for D&D, but it became one I stuck with over all others. I use the name in lots of videos games and tabletop games, and it is always a character with traits that I myself aspire to but also with what I see as my worst flaw. He's confident, selfless, actively looks for ways to help others, a solid fighter, and has nice hair. XD However he can also be pretty dark deep down like how I really am.

So yeah, hope that wasn't too much. But that's why Haluesen (pronounced Hal-oo-shen).

"Erit of Eastcris" is the appellation for a character I haven't played and probably never will play, "Erit ni Arivea di Raeselle, the Rose Knight of Blue". Simply because he only belongs in a particular setting that I will probably never be satisfied enough with the construction of to show to more people than I have.

Ha. Mine's noone near as sophisticated as most. It's just a consideration between the night and day facets of sexuality and day-to-day life.
Of course it only works that way as it's the antithesis of my gamertag, Solaic

Back
Top Bottom