Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beginning of a war (me and Nymphetamine)

"You seem reluctant to speak of yourself." She noted out loud to him, peering over her shoulder at him. She looked back at the ground they were heading on. "Most elves are hard to earn trust, because most elves don't travel. They don't see the rest of the world like I have." She said to him, looking right at his chiseled face. "You may be open with me, sir Alexander."

Sighing she lay herself down across the horse's neck, her small ivory hand petting it's nose as they walked at a steady pace. As the sun came up, her skin and hair seemed to glow in the morning light. "Castle? No castle, merely a Baron's keep. Keep Varnin is where we head. And if you couldn't guess the Baron is Samuel Varnin."

"Ah, the Baron's Keep. That isn't too far. At the latest, we'll get there by nightfall." He kept silent for a long while as they rode, eventually opening up around midday. They had taken a quick stop to eat some of the rations they had to go on, stopping at a pristine lake for water.

"I lived at Castle de Vaux for years." He said, in a voice so only she would hear it. "My brothers chased me out, calling me weak and a traitor to the family. I was on the run for a long time, before eventually ending up in a Elven village." He took a bite of bread before cupping up some water from the lake. "I have no qualms going around the land, however."

Lynnira nodded, and rode in silence beside him. Humans and Elves were similar in the fact they liked to keep their personal quirks to themselves. It was all understandable. Perhaps it was her upbringing, or just her personality that lead her to believe being closed to the work was weakness.

Lynnira ate little, as her tiny frame suggested, she needed little to keep herself functional. Listening to his story she didn't take her eyes off the water in front of them. "I've been there.. more than once." She told him, with another easy smile. Then a frown touched her face, "Why? What did you do to deserve that treatment?" With that, the other elves were ready to continue, so Lynnira waited with him to be ready. The Carriage ready to go, sitting on the road.

He didn't even look at her as he finished the little story now. "I refused to attack a small outlying settlement of a mix of humans and Elves. I'm sure they had destroyed it by now, though. Probably framed me for it." He stood, brushing the dirt from his greaves, before getting on his horse. They could make it by nightfall. He led everyone off as they were ready, heading to the Baron's Keep.

As he had guessed, it was nearly twilight as they got to the Keep, and he broke off from the group there. "You... do your business here. I'll be in the village for a day or two if you need me."

She pouted hearing the end of the story. "People as such make me want to vomit." Speaking softly she allowed him to know such. As the draw grew on, her eyes drooped from ill rest and poor nutrition. But they made it, and she watched him leave. "We will come say a farewell before we leave..." Her words were so low, when she told him that, that only he'd hear.

Finally dragged off her horse, Lynnira was led into the Carriage, were she was stripped down, quickly cleaned, re-dressed in a clean fancy dress, long and form fittingly elegant. Hugging her hips before hanging to the ground. Her hair was brushed out and curled into spirals to her voluminous bust.

The journey from there to the Keep was less than an hour. When they arrived they were met by the Baron, Baroness and their children, all grown by now. They were welcomed into the large spacious keep that looked luxurious to a human, but like a prison cell to an Elf. There, they bed for the night, doing business early in the morning..

Alexander headed towards the town, making a beeline towards the inn. It was more comfortable here than it was in Embersmire. Much more comfortable. He went inside, paying for a room and some food, before going to the back room. He sat down, taking a glass of real Mead this time, taking a sip and ordering well cooked chicken and soup.

His soup had arrived when there was a large shadow over him and the table. He looked up to see some knights, with a familiar insignia... Then there was a sharp pain in the back of his head, and everything went black...

Lynnira was exhausted when it was time to leave. The business was concluded. She left alone from the Keep, as the packed the carriage full on necessities. On her steed she headed towards the fork they parted at, following the path he took. The small town seemed more comfortable than the last the stayed in. Without hesitation she dismounted and put her mount in the stables, she noticed seeing a familiar horse there...

Stepping into the Inn she looked around.

It was late evening by then. The men were old and worn and drunk, the woman were either just as drunk or young and innocent just trying to get away without being touched. Stepping quickly to the Inn Keeper she handed him a few coins. "May I ask you a few questions? I need to know where a Mister Alexander is staying? I need to speak with him."

The innkeeper pushed away the coins that she had offered, simply pointed to a newly nailed up notice that had gone around the town.

Alexander de Vaux - Captured!
Wanted for the heinous act of attacking a unarmed village of elves and humans, the criminal knight Alexander de Vaux has been caught and taken to Castle de Vaux, where he will be executed come sunrise.

-----

Alexander woke up with a headache. It was colder for some reason to him, and he figured out that his armor was missing after about a minute. He tried to move, but his arms had been shackled to the wall. It had to be around midnight, maybe a little later, by where the moon was shining in front the bars.

There was a sound of dull footsteps coming down the stone stairs, and Alexander picked up his head to see his brother, Lucian, coming down them. "Ah, he's awake." Lucian said, in a rather airy tone of voice as he came closer.

Alexander spat at his brothers feet, who quickly moved out of the range. "You are just as filthy as your mother, Alexander. It will be a pleasure to take your life come the 'morrow." Lucian quickly went back up teh stairs, leaving Alex in the dark prison chamber.

Her pale eyes read the sign three or more times, taking it in.. as she read poorly in common. Swearing in her elven tongue she looked back at the Innkeep. "How far a ride is it? An hour or two?" She asked, knowing the answer already. Her brow was set as she left the Inn.

Heading to her mount she grasped the reins tightly. Her eyes narrowed as she pulled back, spinning the horse in a circle she lifted her rear from the saddle and they were off. The horse was bred from the finest Elven breeders, it was stronger, faster, and more intelligent than most horses. Hugging it's neck almost the girl rode on. The moon was high in the sky when she arrived at the castle. Biting down on her lip, she noted how the sun was creeping up in the horizon. "I can't allow this to happen..." She muttered.

Lynnira placed her hands on her hips and felt the long thin blades hidden on her thighs. Sighing softly she dismounted her horse and left it in the woods at the border, knowing it would come to her when she needed it..

The sun was coming up, so they were starting the preparations for the execution. Alex slept away the few hours he had left, not really caring at the moment. There was no way he could lash back at them, even if he wasn't tied up. Lucien himself came down with a few guards to help restrain Alex. The Prison keeper unlocked the doors for them, and they quickly unshackled him, then tied his hands roughly behind his back. The crew of guards, Alex, and Lucien then started going up towards the outside, down long corridors that years ago Alexander called home. Now it was just a prison, a holding chamber for the corrupt.

They got outside with some darkness to spare. The guards marched onto the wooden platform that was erected in the middle of the grounds. The main gates were open, allowing anyone that wanted to watch the execution come in.

Lynnira noticed the execution stage as she entered through the doors they opened. There was even a crowd starting to form, but she was near the front, though hidden behind a tall man. She knelt and looked under the stage, and saw his feet coming closer. "No..." She muttered under her breath. Her hands clenched at ehr sides. Waiting for him to approach closer.

Was she going to return the favor for him saving her, or was she going to sacrifice her life and get nothing out of it?

Not caring she placed her hands on the hidden hilts of her blades. Waiting to spring on the stage and stop what she had to. Ready to use the large man blocking her view as a spring board on top of that!

They marched onto the stage, and in the center, there was a overhanging area, with a trap door underneath. It was going to be a hanging. They got him tied up, his head in a noose above the trap door. Everything was ready. The guards moved out of the way, a good 5 feet from Alexander so everyone could see. Lucian stepped forward, starting to list off charges and other nonsense words that just put him in the spotlight for some time.

Lynnira heard the man start his rambling, and she did it. She launched herself onto the stage, ripping the blades out of the hidden holsters on her sides. Making quick work of the rope the held his throat. "Back up." She said in Elvish to him. Spinning her blades in her hands she waiting, looking up at the man with the charges. "You will remove the charges you have laid upon this man. This man whom saved my life, and the lives of many others of both our kinds." Standing up straight she hoisted a blade to his body, the other outwards in the direction of the guards.

"You will do this now, publicly and professionally."

The small elf was not giving him a choice. "And if and of you men move to harm either of us--" She jerked her head back to motion to Alexander, "I'll cut your damned head off." She spoke in all broken English, though it was understandable and quite... beautiful sounding coming form her.

Alexander was taken aback. She came all this way... to save him? His heart swelled at that, and as he did as she said, stepping back, he had new hope. His hands worked on getting the rope off, now that some of it was cut, he was easily able to loosen it and get it off. He grabbed the sword from a nearby sheathe as he listened to her words to his brother.

Lucian simply laughed as he heard her demands. "He has a ELVEN accomplice! I want to know how he pulled that off! The ruthless killer of a while city, this filthy... HALF BLOOD that only cares for himself?"

"That's it, Lucian!" Alexander roared, moving forward, now holding his own blade to Lucian's throat... And now there was a twinge of fear in the man's eyes. Alexander might not have killed so many men as Lucian put on his shoulders, Alexander knew what he could kill. And right now, the look in Alex's eyes... that was something Lucian only saw a few times. He backed down, and Alexander pulled Lynnira out. This was a fight for another day.

"Your horse, we need out now!"

Lynnira looked at him, Half blood? It wasn't too surprising once she put all the pieces together. But at the moment she was preoccupied with the fight at hand. A yelp left Lynnira as he grabbed her. Laughing merrily she grasped his arm back, after slipping a blade back into it's sheath. She raised that hand to her lips and let forth a sharp whistle. Her majestic but plain steed came from where she left it. The horse stopped and reared before them. "Get on. I'll get on the back." She told him, looking back. "Go! I'll catch up in a minute."

She was grinning wide as she clicked her tongue.

And the horse began to move, with Alexander with it. She backed up, watching the men approach. "You really think you're going to be able to stop us? You're all old fat men lined in armor, you can't move worth anything!" She taunted them, turned and began to sprint. Not accounting for possible archers.

She grunted as an arrow grazed the flesh of her calf, but she kept going, swinging her body up onto the horse. "Go, go go."

He accepted her words about getting on the horse, but she sent the horse on without her on it. He was about to turn around when he heard the distinct notching sound of arrows. There was a outcry from Lynnira, apparently getting hit, but not badly. Her words to rush were met with him bending down low over the horse, his legs squeezing as the horse took off fast. "Hold on!"

They rode at full speed for maybe a hour and a half, stopping at a forest lake. It wasn't as big as the Eldrich forest, but it would do. He Dismounted, helped her get down so they could wrap that wound on her leg finally. "You didn't have to come." He said quietly. "Now you have yourself all tangled up in this." He moved the fabric of her dress, ripping off some from the very bottom to wrap up her leg. "There. That will be good."

She clung to him as he rode her horse to someplace. When they stopped and she moved from the horse tot he grass she sighed, pulling up the dress to look at the wound. "Don't worry about it. An 'eye for an eye' but in better terms than that?" She laughed softly. "Plus, that was probably the most exciting thing I've done in... ages..." She chuckled and looked back at him.

Allowing him to wrap her leg she smirked, "You should know we heal faster than normal humans do.." She eyed him up and down, "I'll be fine by tomorrow. But.. perhaps we should get to somewhere safer than the side of the road. They didn't look very impressed."

Putting her hands on the ground she lifted herself to stand, then tumbled and grasped the saddle of her horse. "Oh.. maybe it's worse than I thought.." Lynnira tried to place pressure onto the wound, but found it much too painful.

He listened, nodding. "I know you heal faster. I lived among elves, remember?" He finished the wrap on her leg, then was quick to help her when she stumbled, holding her up. "Don't put too much pressure on it. Come on." He helped her to the horse, helping her on before sliding on like he moved on ice. "Hold on."

They rode for many hours, going into the forest and slowing down until the reached a elven village. "This was where I hid out for a long time." He said softly. He helped her onto the ground, helping her walk to the inn. He asked about a room for them to sleep in, but the answer he got was a surprise, even to him.

"Merchants came in today. We only have one room left. Is that ok for the two of you?" Alexander turned to Lynnira, his vace a slight pale from hearing that. "I can sleep outside." He said softly to her.

Lynnira did just as she was asked, and she held, she held tightly. She'd always had a fear of falling off a horse...

They arrived, it was dark, she was tired, a bit cold, and he looked tired himself. She clung to him as he helped her walk, feeling crippled without being able to use her other foot. When the Innkeep said that she pouted slightly but just smiled. "We'll take it." Tilting her head to him she frowned. "I'm not letting you sleep outside! That would just be rude of me. I'm sure the room is big enough for the both of us.."

Taking the key from the inn Keeper, she started to hobble up towards the stairs. "Oh c'mon! I wont bite!" She chuckled softly. She waved him after her as she started to climb the stairs, having a bit of difficulty lifting her good leg up without being able to stand on her back one.

He sighed, not able to hold back the smile on his face that her enthusiasm put there. He followed her, and when she was having trouble with the stairs, he simply picked her up, carrying her all the way to their room. "What are the other people you were with going to do when they find out you are gone?" That was a rhetorical question, because they would have figured out she was gone a day ago.

He took the key from her and unlocked the door, helping her into the room. It was much more eloquent than the human inns, the bed being soft and covered in blankets and pillows. It was also larger. The whole room was larger. "We might just be able to rest in here together, afterall..."

He laid her down on the bed, checking her leg. "It will hurt for a while. Maybe longer than a day. I want you to lay here and let it heal. I can bring you your food."

"Eeh!" She yelped as he lifted her. "Wow..." She noted, "You're a strong one." Lynnira looked around the hall, admiring the Elven works. "They'll probably look for me, go home and report to my father I am missing.. not the first time I've run off while on business... never with someone else though." She gave him the key, and let him bring her into the room, she ducked her head not to hit it off of the door frame.

Snickering, Lynnira patted his head, "So innocent. Does it matter? At least a floor is warmer than the dirt outside? And you'd still get warm blankets and a pillow no matter the size of the room or the bed. I wouldn't let you sleep outside no matter what. it's against my morals." She was lain on the bed and she struggled to sit up. "No way can I sleep in this dress. Can you help me out of it?"

Reaching over her own shoulder, there were ribbons she was trying to pull, trying to take the dress off, which would end up leaving her in a thin white under gown.

He knew he was going to sleep on the floor. He chose that himself. He didn't need any cushions, he was fine with how it was. He put the key down on a side table before he turned to her. she wanted help with her dress? He blushed, but he went over to her, got behind her and undid all the ribbons, helping her slide out of it.

He quickly moved away once it was off. "I'm going to go get us food. What would you like?" He didn't mind what he ate, but he was sure she didn't enjoy the chicken from a few nights ago.

Lynnira pulled her hair over her shoulder as he undid the ribbon. "This is much better. I can actually breathe!" Laughing softly she pulled the dress off and tossed it over the side of the bed. "Mmm, food. Anything? I'll have what you're having." She smiled at him, laying on her side, her rear to the door again.

She was blushing like mad when he left, Did he really carry me? her face was the same color the sky had been that morning. "Oh wow.." She sighed softly, gently. Rolling onto her back and crossing her knee over her leg, not realizing how the dress then slid to expose her entire thigh.

She had moved to be facing away from the door, and his eyes explored her body for half a second before he decided that it was getting too hot in there for him, and he headed downstairs. Getting into the food area, he got salads for the two of them, with a ranch dressing. He went back upstairs, giving her one bowl. He noticed the dress slid down to expose her thigh... but he controlled himself and looked away.

He sat on the edge of the bed, eating his salad slowly. "So you know." He said slowly. "My mother... was Elven. My father married her after Lucian's and Michael's mother died, and they had me. When father died, Lucian killed my mom, and did what he could to make my life a living hell. He hates Elves."

Lynnira sat up when he reentered the room. Scotching to sit beside him. She took a few bites, it was... decent. Of course she'd eaten better, but with the small growl of her stomach she realized something was better than nothing. She listened intently to his story, confused.

"Why does your brother hate the Elves so much? What did we ever do to him?" She asked, taking another careful bite. She didn't realize it then, but subconsciously she was leaning against his shoulder gently. "It seems odd.. Elves do not attack human lands, we have always been peaceful, never had there been a war between Elf and Human..."

Back
Top Bottom