Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: The 100: Gravitational Pull: randomname98766789 and greenandgold

The following day, Octavia was quiet, which was unusual for her. The only people she talked to were the girls, and she made sure to keep herself busy so that she and Jasper didn't have any time together. Alone or not. So far things with her and Jasper were off to a horrible start. The brunette hated feeling like this, and so she sucked it up and shoved the feelings of pain, anger, and regret down deep, and forced herself to pretend they weren't even there. It was well known that she didn't give into her softer side much, or let her insecurities get the better of her.

And this was why. She had felt how stiffly Jasper had been last night. Not in a sexual way, but out of annoyance and anger. And though the young woman had slept okay, now that she was awake, Octavia found herself thinking that this was a bad idea. It was one thing to be friend's with a person. You didn't share as much with a friend as you did with a partner, and she didn't know if they would be compatible after all. So she kept herself so busy with taking care of the girls and training, that there was no time to talk. And that night was spent doing dinner, baths, and then she fell asleep shortly after the girls did.

The following day, Clarke could tell that something was off with her sister-in-law. Octavia was quiet and subdued, and didn't say much of anything all day. And that was nothing like the other woman. She considered talking to the brunette, but eventually just decided to hold off, as the other woman's body language shouted that she wanted to be left alone. It didn't stop her from worrying, though she kept her concern to herself. Part of her assumed it was her hormones just making her crazy, but the other part of her knew that if this kept up, she would talk to Bellamy about her concern.

Greatly confused, Jasper found it odd when Octavia ignored him the entire day. How the hell was she going to start a relationship with him but pay him no attention? It felt like he was being used. Did she just want to have sex with him? Jasper was confused. The male even approached Bellamy about the issue during the day and Bellamy had no answers. However, he was given some advice: Octavia was horrible with talking about her feelings. Even if she wanted alone time, Bellamy encouraged Jasper to seek her out. If he was serious about this relationship working, the worst thing he could do was not say anything. That meant he did not care.

Building up the courage, Jasper found himself outside of Octavia’s room. He knocked on the door a few times and was not going to take “no” for an answer. “Octavia, please, open the door. I think we need to talk. You’re really confusing me. I don’t know if I made you upset or if I did something wrong. Don’t shut me out, Octavia. I am trying my best here. I can’t read your mind.” It was more frustrating and concerning than anything as Jasper feared he fucked up before they even began.

Not even Bellamy knew the mystery about Octavia’s behavior today. When Jasper approached him, the leader was happy to instruct Jasper on a few quirks about his sister. Bellamy just figured she was having a difficult time adjusting to a new relationship. She probably misinterpreted or misunderstood something. Honestly, the only person in the headspace to talk with or understand Octavia was Jasper himself. Deciding to put faith in the young man, Bellamy did not approach Octavia at all. This was something she and Jasper needed to work out. It just made Bellamy feel thankful that himself and his wife never experienced something like this.

Sure, it was not all sunshine and roses but they were both mature enough and they both loved each other enough to understand the importance of communication. Dinner had just ended with Clarke and they returned to their room as Bellamy was getting geared up. He was going to take a few hours of watch tonight. “I’m going to be on watch, as you know. Are you staying here?” Bellamy was generally cautious about these things but he also knew Clarke could not be cooped in a room all day and night. If she wanted to walk with him, there was nothing stopping her.

Octavia had tried to sleep, but it was no use. Her mind wouldn't shut off, so she spent hours just lying there in bed in the dark. Sometime later, there was the sound of a knock on the door, and then she heard Jasper's voice. The brunette silently checked on the girl's to make sure that they were still asleep, and once she saw that they were, she opened the door and stepped outside, closing it softly behind her. "I don't want you to read my mind. But I also don't want to feel bad for expressing my concerns. And the way you just shut me down before, is why."

"I was being honest with you, trying to talk to you and sharing my fears about screwing this up, and you just got pissed off. This isn't going to work even if we want it to. If I can't talk to
you about my thoughts, feelings, or worries without you getting upset, then why are we even wasting our time? You made me feel like my feelings and concerns weren't valid or important, and I don't want to be with someone who does that. If this is just about sex, then fine, okay. But tell me now. If it's more than that, then sometimes it requires dealing with emotional shit."

"We both know that I don't do the emotional shit well, and things like that, are what make me want to continue to keep from opening up to people. You want me to trust you? How can I do that? I can't even talk to you without you getting upset with me. I hate feeling like this, but I'm not going to just lie and I'm not going to coddle you. I have issues. So many issues, that you don't even know the half of it. But I'm trying to deal with them. Now, you can be part of my life, or not. It's your decision. I want to get to know you. But if you don't truly want that, then fine."

"I've been on my own and I can take care of myself."

--**--**--**--**--

Clarke was on the other side of their bedroom finishing getting dressed and packing a knife in the sheath on her waist. She had a gun in the waistband of her pants, and pulled it out as
she crossed the room to where her husband stood. "I'm not staying here. I'm on the wall tonight for a few hours, too. And before you get upset and start to argue, the moment anything dangerous happens, I'll disappear behind the wall and go to care for the girls. So, don't bother saying no and trying to talk me out of it. You keep saying you want me to remove myself
from the line of fire, well I will, if something happens."

“I disagree with you thinking that I shut you down.” Jasper did not see it this way. “If that’s how you felt, I wished you would have told me that’s how you felt. I could have cleared this up sooner.” It was only a misunderstanding, Jasper realized. Then, Octavia claimed that he grew upset. Again, Jasper disagreed. “I was not upset, Octavia. I was just worried, too. I guess I just couldn’t directly talk about it like you did in that moment. That’s all. This is absolutely more than sex, Octavia. I made one mistake. It was only a miscommunication and I apologize for that. I care about you so deeply. This will work. I know it will work. I guess I need to be a better listener. I’m sorry, Octavia. I didn’t mean to come off to you the way I did.”

Reaching down, Jasper is taking her hands again, squeezing them softly. Jasper did not appreciate how Octavia just assumed his feelings. Instead of saying “Hey, it doesn’t feel like you care about what I’m saying”, she just played it petty and ignored him. Jasper thought Octavia was in the wrong here but he was going to keep that to himself. Instead, he wanted to give her a genuine response to her. “If you felt that way, I’m sorry. I had no idea. That’s not my intention at all. I do care so much about what you have to say. I promise you that I do.”

Sighing softly, Jasper pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. “Now, let’s go inside, shall we? We can talk or we can just get some rest. It’s up to you. I just want us to be together tonight.” Jasper added, eager to be with Octavia since they had been separated all day. They had a misunderstanding but now it was cleared up. Therefore, jasper was ready to move past this. He would take a different approach to when Octavia spoke to him now, being careful to make sure she doesn’t accidentally misunderstand his thoughts.

--------------

Chuckling, Bellamy approached Clarke. “I think I know better than to ever talk you out of it.” Teasingly, he wrapped his arms around Clarke’s waist, holding her close to his body. “Besides, pregnant women need to be active, too. I’ll be out there to protect you. I feel confident that you’re safe. I’m not worried.” Well, technically, Bellamy was always worried. That just came with the territory of loving someone. Bellamy was simply not overly worried like he could be at times. Before moving out though, he crouched down a bit so he could kiss Clarke’s stomach a couple times and murmur some sweet words of love to their unborn child. He could not wait to meet their baby. Though he did not want to rush the process, it was also something he looked forward to. Standing back up, Bellamy reached out for Clarke’s hand. “I hope you don’t mind if I keep you some company on the wall. I’d hate for such a beautiful girl to be alone for the next few hours.” Again, he leaned down to kiss her, this time on the cheek. Bellamy loved showering Clarke in love and attention. He loved spoiling her with his affection. The same would be true for their child as well.

Octavia looked down at their joined hands for several moments, and then up at Jasper. "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. And one of them was not fully talking things out with Lincoln while he was alive. I don't want that to happen with us. I loved him, but I also kept a lot from him, because I was scared. I don't want to do that, or feel that way anymore. Sure, I talk a
good game, but most of it is just pretend to make others feel better. I wanted everyone to see me as stronger than I was. I have more to prove than everyone else does especially since
many people still feel like I betrayed them for being with Lincoln."

She paused to consider his words. "That's the problem, Jasper. I felt like I couldn't tell you how I felt, because I felt like you were shutting me down. I have vulnerabilities, insecurities, just like everyone else. And though I am strong, I'm also more than that. I'm human, too. And I'm sorry for assuming your feelings. I just figured it was better not to mention it again, as I didn't want us to fight." They talked for a few more minutes and then the brunette nodded when he mentioned them going inside. "Let's do that.." Octavia said softly and then followed him inside.

________

Clarke smiled at her husband's teasing words, happy as he wrapped his arms around her. "Good man. And I agree that I need to be able to be active." Her smile grew bigger at Bellamy's next words. "I love that you want to protect us, and I'm glad that you're not worried. That makes me feel better." The blonde chuckled when her husband kissed her belly. "Aurora loves the sound of her Daddy's voice," She said, laughing softly when their daughter began to move around as he spoke. She happily took his hand when he stood up again.

"I never mind being around you," Clarke said and smiled. "And I expect and enjoy the protective side of you. Besides, you're my favorite kind of company to have." After he kissed her cheek, she stood on her tiptoes and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips, and then pulled back. "Let's finish getting ready and then grab a quick bite to eat, before heading out for our turn on the wall."

When they were inside, Jasper made sure Octavia understood a couple things. “First of all, you have nothing to prove to anyone. Everyone already respects you. Everyone knows that you’re strong. I know it. Hell, you’re a hell of a lot stronger than I am. I admire that about you. I’m sorry that you felt like I was shutting you down. I didn’t mean to but I’m glad that we have that figured out now. I just want to know if you can promise me one thing: never do that again. If you feel like I’m not paying attention or listening, please tell me. Please just don’t ignore me. That’s not going to solve anything.”

Now that the misunderstanding had finished and they were back into a place of seeing things from the other’s point of view, the male reached down to take her hand, pulling her towards the bed. “Now, let’s cuddle before we sleep. We can talk, then, if you want. We’ll talk about whatever you want. We can both take the risk and just put everything out there. I will if you will. Like I said, you have nothing to prove to me. I don’t want to see the Octavia that pretends nothing bothers her. I want to see you as you are so I know how to help you and make you smile. That’s all I want from you tonight. Can you do that? Or at least try?”

-------------------

“Alright, Princess. A bite to eat it is.” As they walked out of their room, Bellamy laced their fingers together. Walking with her through the village, a soft sigh left his lips. “What do you think about us trying to get back into Arkadia? Everyone has apparently been wiped out. It could be a nice chance to rebuild, don’t you think?” Bellamy asked, looking down towards the blonde. Bellamy had been thinking about that.

“If we don’t go back, if we stay here or another village, what do we do with Arkadia? That’s a lot of land just sitting there. I know we don’t have nearly as many people now but it’d be a shame to waste opportunities and resources.” Bellamy thought about the possibility of integrating the two communites together: grounders and sky people. Would any grounders want to live there? It was a nice thought that could help both sides but Bellamy was curious about Clarke’s opinion.

"I'll work on it, I promise.." Octavia said, as she promised Jasper to be better about talking to him, and about talking things out in general. "And I won't ignore you you again. I just
didn't know how to get you to listen to me or take me seriously." Once they had talked it over a little more, the conversation turned away from their earlier misunderstanding. She
was happy to take his hand when he reached out and grabbed one of hers and pulled her towards their bed. "I always like the idea of cuddling with you," The brunette said softly
and then smiled.

The young woman smiled as she remained silent for several minutes and listened to Jasper speak about what was on his mind. When she was sure that he was done speaking, she
nodded and then began to speak, herself. "Tonight, let's not worry about talking. What if we just enjoy this time in each other's arms and getting to know each other in this special
way? I don't want to bother with talking, I just want to be with you. Is that okay? If you want to see me smile, then kiss me. That makes me feel really happy. I enjoy being with
you."

_________

Clarke clutched Bellamy's hand in hers and squeezed it gently, as they walked out of their room together and went to get something to eat. When he mentioned the idea of them
trying to get back into Arkadia, she paused to think about it and then shrugged. "We'd have to do a lot of rebuilding, after everything it's been through. But it is our home. I think
we should do it," She said and nodded a few moments later. "We could always start over. Build it into something better than it was. Make it known that Sky People and Grounds
alike, are all welcome."

Jasper felt relieved when Octavia accepted his idea of cuddling. Honestly, the entire conversation they had been having was awkward and uncomfortable. She continued making assumptions about the way he felt so Jasper figured it was best for them both to get away from the topic. He also liked the idea of not worrying about any talking. Instead, they could just enjoy each other and get to know each other that way. Jasper was not going to deny that idea at all. “Okay, let’s go with your idea then.” Chuckling, the male decided to kiss Octavia immediately, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

It was such a relief. Honestly, Jasper had been worried from earlier today that he might not get this chance again. Sure, he was catastrophizing it – no relationship was ending over one small thing but Jasper was just paranoid that he blew a chance to have something amazing. Now that he felt better, they continued kissing and Jasper pulled her towards the bed and underneath the covers. “I really like how this feels. I hope we can do this each night.” Jasper whispered to the girl, keeping her pulled as tight to his chest as possible.

-----------------

“I really like that idea. Arkadia has given so many people trouble. I think that’s the perfect route.” Bellamy whispered as he wrapped his arms around Clarke from behind, keeping her back against his chest. “I do think that is our home. I hope that’s where we’ll go when we raise our little girl but if you think we should try and start a home here in the village, then just let me know. I’m happy to go either place. I just care about being with you and Aurora.” Bellamy murmured, kissing Clarke’s neck again, slowly rubbing against her abdomen.

"We'll just take it a day at a time," Octavia said softly. She didn't want them to get ahead of themselves. After speaking, the brunette snuggled close to Jasper in the bed while in his arms. The young woman rested her head against his chest, and wrapped her own arms around his waist. When he kissed her, she kissed him back gently, taking her time and enjoying the feeling of his lips against her own. Several minutes later, she pulled back and ended the kiss as the need to breathe became necessary. "You doing okay?" She whispered to Jasper, not wanting to wake the girls who were asleep in their beds nearby. One of her hands traced lightly over his arm.

Clarke smiled as she listened to her husband speak. "Now that the threat is out of Arkadia, we need to return there and rebuild. I feel like with us and Trikru having our own separate spaces, we'll get along better. We need to make it known to Lexa and Trikru that we deeply appreciate their hospitality. We don't want to seem ungrateful and offend them, lest we start another war between all of us. That's the last thing that we want to do right now." A smile came to her lips as Bellamy kissed her neck and then rubbed her stomach. "After I take a shift for a few hours, I'm going to meet up with Lexa and help her take care of the children that were rounded up during the war with Azgeda."

Taking it slowly sounded like the best option. Agreeing, Jasper nestled closer with Octavia and rested his eyes until her sweet voice uttered to him again. “Yeah, I’m great. Are you?” Jasper questioned, opening his eyes long enough to gaze at her face. “If everything’s alright, we should get some sleep now. I know we’re both tired. I have a feeling that we’ll both sleep so much better in each other’s arms.” Jasper admitted with a soft smile, nuzzling his nose against hers. After that had been done, Jasper closed his eyes and rested his head against Octavia’s before his entire body suddenly relaxed. It was almost surprising how quickly sleep overtook Jasper as he soon was out of it and sleeping like a baby.

--------------

“Great. I do hope we can teach those kids a non-violent way of living.” Though violence was part of their lives daily, Bellamy hoped to avoid it when possible – especially now that a child was on the way. These kids had been raised a certain way. Some were young but useless in trying to save. He did feel bad for making many of these children orphans but the losses were necessary. It was kill or be killed. The only thing Bellamy worried about was these kids growing up and turning on the Grounders and Sky People. He knew many of them must want vengeance. Though they were young and likely not a threat now, they could be within a few years. “Make sure you get something to eat first, though.” Bellamy pointed out, playfully nudging his wife so she would know that he’d make sure she had eaten enough to sustain herself and their baby.

Octavia nodded and after she kissed Jasper's cheek once more, closed her eyes and felt herself relax, knowing that he was right here with her, and that the girl's were just a few feet away from them. The young woman was happy to take this time to just enjoy spending time with Jasper, and to watch him and the girl's sleep. She wasn't ready to fall asleep just yet, but that
was okay. She was happy to watch them sleep, content and not worried about anything for the first time in a long time. This would be one of her most favorite times of the day from now
on.

Clarke smiled when her husband nudged her and reminded her to eat. "Let's get something to eat before we move to the gates." She slipped her hand in his and a few moments later, led Bellamy to the food area, where they released each other's hands and started to fill up their plates with food. Once that was done, they found a table together, sat down and ate in silence
for several minutes as they enjoyed the peace and quiet that came with being awake at this hour. "You don't have to worry so much, promise. I'm taking good care of our baby." She said
and smiled.

Bellamy spent the next couple hours with Clarke. After eating, they returned to their duties on watch. When it was time for Clarke to switch out with Octavia, Bellamy walked his wife back to their temporary house. He even made sure he tucked Clarke into bed and kissed her good night before leaving and returning to the front gates. It had been a decent amount of time since adequate time was spent together for the two siblings. Bellamy wanted that to change because he cared for Octavia more than almost anyone else. Of course, Clarke and his child were up there but Octavia was family so he loved her more than words could explain.

Well aware of how toiling and trying things had been lately, The male hoped his assistance could have been used in facilitating a better mood for Octavia. It pained Bellamy to know that his sister was down in the dumps. She was a beautiful soul that had gone through so much, they all had. So, preparing himself to speak, he watched as the girl finally arrived. “Hey there, sleepyhead. I’m surprised you made it.” Bellamy teased, playfully nudging her elbow.

Octavia gave Bellamy a small smile when she saw him. Her smile widened when he nudged her. "Hey old man, how's family life treating you?" The brunette asked and teased her brother.
She took up a position next to him at the gate and looked out over the dark land, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. Her expression turned serious. "Your life will change soon.
You know that, right? Once that baby's born, you'll never see the world the same again. Everything and everyone will now be considered a possible threat to your family. Even those you
love, and those you've known for years."

She pulled out Lincoln's sword, swung over the side of the fence, dropped to the ground, and took off running. Several minutes later, the brunette carried back a soldier from Ice Nation that had managed to escape and had been scouting the remaining Skaikru's home. Without wasting any time, the young woman sliced her sword through the enemy's neck, instantly killing the guy. After she did that, she carried the body a few feet away, buried it partially, before going back to the gate, climbing up and moving to stand beside her brother once more.

Standing beside Octavia, Bellamy crossed his arms before responding. “I think it already has changed. When Clarke and I married one another, I felt that. I was so much more protective than ever before. When she told me that she was pregnant, I became more intense with protecting her and our baby. I can’t even imagine how it would feel when our little girl is born.” Bellamy spoke with a smile on his face. This was a serious issue but he felt so happy about it. “I hope Clarke knows how excited I am for this. I know I tell her each day how much I love her and little Aurora. I hope she knows that I’d do anything for either of them.”

After that, he turned to Octavia. “And her aunt Octavia is going to be a big part of her life as well. Just don’t make her grow up too fast for me.” Bellamy chuckled, pulling his sister into a hug. “I’ve missed spending time with you, sis. I want that to change. We’ve been so busy fighting wars and fighting each other at times. I don’t want us to fade apart. I don’t’ think we have but I just want more time with you if that makes sense.”

"Clarke knows all of those things, Bell. She knows that you love her and Aurora more than anything, and she feels the same way about you and the baby, too. That's one thing that you will never have to worry about." A smile came to the brunette's lips as she continued to listen to her brother speak. "You know that I'll always be there for her. There was never any doubt about
it. This little girl is made from part of my favorite person, you. And I'm sure that she's going to be a complete spitting image of Clarke, so she'll be the cutest baby ever. Mark my words."

The smile on Octavia's lips widened. "I'm glad that Aurora and Laqueta won't be that far apart in age. It'll be good for them to be hang out and talk to each other when they're older. The few other kids around are mostly older than them. So, it'll be good that they're close to the same age." She chuckled as Bellamy continued to speak. "I'd never make your sweet girl grow up too fast. Please, I'm already dreading that happening with my little angel." The young woman was happy to hug her brother back when he hugged her. "We'll definitely spend more time together. Count on it."

Listening to these things brought a smile over Bellamy’s lips. Continuing to hold Octavia in a warm embrace, Bellamy slowly threaded his fingers through her sister’s hair. “I’m glad to hear this, Octavia. I know that little Laqueta is getting so big already. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since you had her, honestly. I swear, time does pass so quickly sometimes. We’ve been all caught up in going to war with Ice Nation that sometimes we’ve forgotten to just enjoy each day because we truly don’t know how long we have anymore. I’ve been guilty of that, too. I hope now things will calm down and we can get back to a sense of normalcy.”

After saying this, Bellamy pulled back from the hug only slightly as he glanced down into Octavia’s eyes. “So, how are you doing, O? How’s everything with the kids? Jasper? Anything new going on?” Bellamy questioned, knowing that she and Jasper hit a rough patch just the other day. He had not been able to talk to her since hearing about how she was stomping around camp. The male hoped they worked it out since he truly did approve of Jasper for his sister. If he did not, well, he would have went all protective brother mode on Jasper.

Octavia released Bellamy when he ended the hug and stepped back. "I know what you mean. Time really does fly by," She said softly. "Laqueta will be 2, soon. It's hard to believe that Lincoln's been gone this whole time. It still feels like just yesterday I was with him.." The brunette admitted quietly. "I thought it would get easier with time, but the truth is, it doesn't.
It only hurts more. Knowing that Lincoln can't be here and that he's missing seeing Laqueta grow up, and that she's never going to know her father. I have to force myself not to think
about it."

"But it's hard, because she reminds me so much of him. As for things with Raelyn, it's going. That's all I can really say. She misses her brother, but is comforted by being with Trikru, her family. Being here makes it a little easier for her to bear him being gone. She's able to talk to other members of Trukru, and they tell her what Lincoln was like while she was gone. As for things with Jasper, we're working on it. It was a misunderstanding. But anyway, enough about me. How are things going with you and Clarke? I bet she's going crazy waiting for Aurora to make an appearance."

Hearing about how much it hurt each day without Lincoln made Bellamy frown. He knew how much she cared about Lincoln. It was not right, the way he was killed. He wished he could have stopped it, to keep him safe so Octavia could have the man she loved and so that Laqueta could have her father as well. Of course, things hardly work out that well around these parts. So, here they were. “I can’t imagine how hard it is for you three missing him. I know that you cared for him and I know he would have been a great father. You can always talk to me you know? If you never need anything, just find me.”

Before moving on about himself, Bellamy wanted to give Octavia another hug and a kiss on the forehead just to drive the point home. “Things are going great for us. She is excited. I am, too. She’s stubborn as always, though – trying to do too much. I can’t keep her down and resting enough. I see how much you love Laqueta and it just really makes me excited to meet Little Aurora. I hope we can finally have peace now that she’s going into some critical time of her pregnancy.

"I think about him all the time," Octavia admitted. "Every time Laqueta does something silly or cute, I find myself wanting to tell him, and then I remember that he's gone. When I wake up in the mornings, it hits me all over again. I love Jasper, I really do. He's a great man and I love how much he loves the girl's and me. But I feel like there will always be a part of me that's held back from him and I don't like that. I don't want to make him upset or feel jealous. I don't want him to feel like he's competing with a ghost or my memories. But I can't just go around acting like everything's fine."

"Time's supposed to heal all wounds, or at least that's what everyone says. When's that going to happen? I wanna be happy. Jasper makes me happy, but I always get this little nagging voice in my head and it tells me that he's not Lincoln and because of that, I'll never truly be happy. I know that Lincoln would want me to be happy, that he'd want me to move on since he's gone. But I feel guilty for getting to be happy when he's gone. You know, Abby told me that I have Survivor's Guilt, and she's right, I do. I just don't know how to work past it." She cleared her throat a moment later.

The brunette smiled when her brother said that she could always talk to him. "Thanks Bell," She said softly, and then was glad to hug him back when he moved closer to hug her. Her smile widened when he kissed her forehead and then moved onto talking about his family. When he finished speaking she said, "I have an idea on how to get Clarke to take it easy from now on, until Aurora's born. What if I ask her to watch the girl's every day? Well technically, she'd be watching Laqueta, as Raelyn can take care of herself. But, it would keep her busy and off her feet."

"The girl's can meet in you and Clarke's quarters and maybe she could start schooling them. It would have the benefit of getting your wife back into her art, and it would let her feel useful
as well, with another added benefit of her not being on the wall and putting herself and Aurora in danger. And Raelyn would also be there to help her look after Laqueta. Raelyn's English is getting better each day. I no longer have to translate when she talks to anyone."

It was unimaginable – the things Octavia had gone through. Bellamy disliked thinking about himself if something happened to Clarke. There was no reason he wanted that thought to cross his mind. Yet, he forced himself to think about it so he could empathize with Octavia, just a little. To be honest, Bellamy was one hundred percent certain that he would never love again. Clarke Blake was not just his wife or best friend. She was his soulmate. Yes, as cheesy as it sounded, Bellamy truly did believe that. Of course, anyone who knew Bellamy would know that he never would have thought like that before. All he cared about was having a night of fun, getting into a hot girl’s pants, and forgetting about her the next day. Clarke changed that. Since he started a relationship with her, his lips had not touched another girl’s – none other than Clarke’s. She was his wife and she was the mother of his child. If he lost Clarke, there was nothing else. Nobody could help him out of that funk. He’d rather live 60 years without anyone than be with a woman other than Clarke. Trying not to think about the sad subject, he pulled himself out of the cloud he was in. Damn. That made him want to just go hug Clarke as tightly as he could. His sister was a walking, breathing example of how a loved one could be taken in less than a minute.

He did feel bad for Jasper, afraid that he was always going to compete again Lincoln. It was a tough situation and it took a special guy to understand it. So far, it appeared Jasper was special for Octavia. Truth be told, Bellamy hoped it worked out. He would give his brotherly seal of approval when needed though he had already given it as jasper talked to him beforehand, wanting to have a strategy for talking to Octavia. He managed to break through her walls and there they were. Their relationship would never be easy. Okay, maybe no relationship was ever easy but that one might be more complex than most.

Everything took a lighter turn when she suggested allowing Clarke to look after the girls. “I think that’s a wonderful idea. She loves the girls and she’s already in her momma mode. I think it’ll be good practice as well. Plus, you deserve a nice break from so much responsibility. I know you love those kids but you need to take care of yourself too. As for everything else, I can’t imagine what you’re going through. The only advice I can give you is just don’t push jasper away and tell him how you feel. I’m sure he can help you see that being happy is okay. You deserve it, Octavia. Everything about the situations is shitty, but now you have the chance to make it less-shitty… with Jasper. That’s how I would look at it if I were you. That’s a chance at being happy, something you probably thought would never happen again. I think it just involves you loving yourself enough to realize that you have the right to be happy. You know Lincoln would want that, as you said. I know it’s easier said than done and it’ll take time, I just hope during that time, you don’t’ distance yourself from Jasper.”

Octavia smiled at her brother as the hug ended between the two of them. "Thanks Bell," She said softly, and then turned her attention back to their surroundings. Bellamy had given her a lot to think about, and everything that he said was true. Especially when he said that moving on, and living her life without Lincoln, was easier said that done. She had to find a way to stop falling into self pity every time she thought about him. There were just so many things about the situation that weren't fair, and the injustice of it all, burned her up inside. The brunette knew that she had to suck it up.

There were people that still needed her. Laqueta, Raelyn, Bellamy, Clarke, Auror, Jasper, what remained of the Ark community, and Trikru. The next few hours were spent in relative silence. Since they had taken out Azgeda, everything seemed to be quiet for the moment. And that was good. That was what they needed. When their shift was over once more, she hugged Bellamy and then walked off to find Jasper and the girl's. She planned to talk to Clarke first thing tomorrow morning about having the other woman start schooling Raelyn, and looking after Laqueta.

After searching the village and having no luck finding Jasper or either of the girl's, she decided to return to the house before she got worked up. And thankfully she had, for as soon as Octavia walked in the door, she was greeted by the sight of Jasper and the girl's on the couch together, watching a kiddie movie. Both of the girl's were asleep, Raelyn was curled into Jasper's side, and Laqueta was asleep in his arms. With a smile, the brunette closed the door silently behind herself and approached them. She scooped up Raelyn and then carried the young girl to bed.

She covered the younger girl, and exited the bedroom. Once that was done, Octavia gently took Laqueta from Jasper's arms, kissed her daughter's forehead, and put her to bed as well, making sure to cover her, too. Since both of the girl's were now in bed, she returned to the living room and took a seat on the couch with Jasper. The young woman leaned in and kissed
him, as she took his hands into hers and squeezed them. When the kiss ended, she pulled back and smiled at him. "How did your day with the girl's go?"

It made Bellamy happy knowing that he could help Octavia. Even though the path forward was uneasy, it would get easier with time. She did make the comment about it not feeling easier yet, but in relative terms, it had not been too long since Lincoln’s death. She was a strong girl that could get through anything. Luckily for her, she had a big brother who was involved in her life. If she wanted advice, he could give it. If she just wanted someone to listen, he was all ears. If she needed a hug, his arms were open. She meant the world to him. Family was super important for Bellamy.

The next few hours were spent comfortably. The siblings shared minor conversations about nothing too deep. Bellamy cracked a few jokes to get Octavia smiling again. She might not have sensed it, but he could tell she was getting stronger each day. It might feel like the end of the world for her, but Bellamy knew better. Nothing could defeat the powerful Octavia Blake, not even this. When the shift ended, he followed behind his sister. The idea of Clarke looking after the kids was pleasant. Bellamy would also spend time helping Clarke when he had nothing else to do.

As much as he wanted to hang by her side 24/7, his role was too important and he was not afforded that much free time. He followed his sister to her house, ensuring that she arrived safely. Once the girl entered and found Laqueta and Raelyn with Jasper, Bellamy dismissed himself. Deciding to return back home to Clarke and ensure that all was going well, he exited his sister’s house and made the short walk across the path to his own place and entered inside. Unsure if Clarke was asleep or awake, he stayed quiet as he peeked through the rooms in an attempt to locate her.

Meanwhile, Jasper had thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the girls today. When Octavia returned, he almost reluctantly gave them up and waited for her to return. After the brunette sat back down onto the couch, Jasper returned all of the gestures from the kisses and holding of hands. Smiling at his girlfriend, Jasper admitted the entire truth. “It was incredible, really. I never thought I would enjoy being around kids this much… but I think they’re liking me. They wore me out, though. I was surprised they actually went to sleep.”

Octavia smiled as she listened to Jasper speak and when he finished she said, "They're getting to know you. They're starting to trust you. I just hope that they didn't give you any trouble while I was on the wall all day. Thank you for taking care of the girl's and spending time with them. It means a lot to me. You, and the girl's mean a lot to me.." She said softly, and leaned
in to kiss him once more, before she pulled back. "You must have tired them out," The young woman teased him. Then she said, "Hopefully if you're not too tired, we could spend some time together. What do you think?"

Clarke was seated on the couch, to keep an eye on dinner. She had kept herself busy all day. The blonde had helped out in medical, cleaned the house, did the laundry and bedding, and made dinner, which was due to finish on the stove in half an hour. So when the door opened and Bellamy walked in, she greeted him with a smile. She was glad that it had been another quiet day for him on the wall. "Dinner will be ready in half an hour. Why don't you get cleaned up and then join me?" She said and motioned to the space on the couch beside her, where she sat and drew as she kept an eye on dinner.

It had been a long time since she had drawn anything. The last thing she had drawn had been the picture of Lincoln for Octavia, shortly after he had died. A lot had happened since then and she just needed a way to relax. She had been happy to spend time with her mother and Kane in medical, and then spent a little time with the girl's and Jasper, unable to help herself. She also figured he could use a little help. Not that Jasper was bad with the girl's, but having two children dumped on you when you weren't familiar with that kind of situation could be quite daunting.

Chuckling, Jasper assured Octavia that the girls did not give him trouble. It made him happy to hear Octavia say they were starting to trust him. “You do not have to thank me, Octavia. I really enjoyed it and I’d be happy to do this whenever you need. It means a lot to me as well.” Jasper knew she would not let just anyone be around her girls. It took something and someone special. It just showed how much Octavia might be trusting of Jasper now and it would show how serious their relationship could be. Even though it started poorly, they were both making an incredible recovery now. After the kiss, Jasper laughed again about having tired them out. He tried his best, but they were so full of energy so it was likely the other way around. “I’d love to spend time with you, Octavia. What did you have in mind?” He asked softly.

-----------------

When Bellamy entered the living room, he spotted Clarke sitting on the couch. After that, his nose was met with the smell of dinner. Looking towards the blonde, he returned the greeting with a smile of his own. “Of course, Princess. I will be right back as soon as I can.” He whispered, but before heading out to clean up, Bellamy stopped by the couch to steal a kiss from his wife. It was a short, but passionate kiss that lasted about ten seconds. Afterwards, Bellamy went into the bathroom to wash his face and arms. He would shower later, but he could just get somewhat cleaned up now before it was time for dinner. He also changed clothes since he had been all sweaty earlier in the day.

After tossing the clothing into the basket where they kept the dirty clothes, he returned into the living room and plopped down onto the couch right beside of Clarke. Immediately, an arm wrapped around her neck and pulled her in close. He kissed her firmly on the lips, now able to contact them more directly than he was the first time. “What have you been up to today?” He asked as he kept kissing her, one hand resting on the side of her face.

Octavia smiled as she listened to Jasper speak and once he finished she said, "How about we watch a movie and have a late dinner? What do you think?" The brunette suggested a few moments later. She curled into his side and relaxed next to him on the couch as the two of them talked and enjoyed this alone time that they had together. After she spoke, the young
woman fell silent once more and waited to see what he was going to say. She didn't want to do or say anything that would make him feel uncomfortable around her or the girl's.

Clarke smiled as Bellamy joined her several minutes later. After their kiss she said, "I helped in medical today, where one of the things I did, was reset Lexa's broken arm. It wasn't pleasant
as she was very stubborn and tried to pretend like she wasn't in pain. I helped Jasper with the girl's, cleaned the house, did the laundry, and am now waiting for dinner to finish. We're having pork chops, rice, gravy, and corn. My mom's got the flu so she's out of commission for a week or so. I'm going to split my time this week between medical, and helping Jasper with the girl's."

Back
Top Bottom