Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ascension to the Heavens|Descent into Hell(Corsair and Xana)

The Veil Whisperer studied Verrier for a time in silence. Tension trembled in Clara's muscles, anticipating another fight. Whisperer's response still caught her off guard. "fine."

Clara blinked twice, watching the Whisperer through narrowed eyes. "Fine?"

"you will release me from your binds. in turn, i will aid you, against Thanades."

"That easily?"

"i don't doubt your story about Thanades. after all, you must be quite desperate if you are willing to free me from your curse. if Thanades has returned, then he will seek an end to everything. And i am a part of everything."

"And how do I know you aren't going to attack me once I return you to full strength?"

"there's still two of you. and none of us know enough about my true strength to determine if i can defeat you both."

"But in the future?"

The veiled whisperer smirked under their hood. "well, we have to survive that long, first."

Neither Clara nor Afodesia could argue with that point. The immediate danger of Thanades outweighed the potential threat of the Veiled Whisperer. No matter the grudge they carried. Clara held out her hand, and Afodesia's power flowed through it, concentrating in a small, bright point. A golden bracer materialized upon the Whisperer's arm, ethereal and pulsing with power. It radiated a warmth that stood in contrast to the Whisperer's cool demeanor. Clara concentrated a moment longer, and it cracked, ringing like the snapping of chains before falling to the floor with a resounding thump.

"onyx queen." The whisperer's voice wasn't loud, but it seemed to permeate the shadows and surround them. Clara suspected the entire palace could hear them.

Aurelia answered, not quite meeting the Whisperer's gaze. "Yes?"

"Gather your ships, your soldiers." The Veiled Whisperer didn't look at her, but made their way up the curved staircase. "We have a war to fight in the Northlands."

"In the Northlands? My soldiers are needed here, to keep the peace."

"retain a reserve force to secure law and order here. the rest will join me in the North." The whisperer pulled a lever, and the roof of the tower parted, opening to reveal the vast expanse of sky. "we fight there, so we don't have to fight here."

Aurelia stepped into the room, "Fight what?"

The Veiled Whisperer stared down now, stopping Aurelia in her tracks. From beneath the veil, eyes glowed red, then Veiled Whisperer's shape melted and flowed, expanding to fill the width of the observatory. Robes hardened into scales, gloves stiffened into talons and veiled features formed into a serpentine snout with dagger like teeth. Two flaps of great wings took them into the sky, where they grew further, blotting out the sun in their expanse.

"we fight against annihilation."

Back
Top Bottom