Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Random Info About You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Master said:
Bash gender all you want. Guys who didn't learn that as an aspect of politeness deserve all the bashing you want to give them.

It's never really bugged me, to be honest. So some guy doesn't hold the door open for me. That just means I open it myself.

I mean, I guess the gesture's really nice, and the thought is right, but it's not something I can't see myself wanting to get used to.

There's arguments to be made about outmoded chivalry and such, but for me, it boils down to: it's nice to hold the door for someone else. Particularly the aged, or someone in a wheelchair or with a walker. I get that it doesn't bug you, and that you're not used to it, but mostly it's best when you do it for someone who would otherwise have some difficulty negotiating the door.

Fact: I had a woman yell at me for holding the door open for her. She was in her 30s and gave me a speech about how my holding the door open for her was a sign of my sexism and how I viewed the female gender as weaker and in need of my care and protection.

So I let the door swing into her face.

Dameon said:
Fact: I had a woman yell at me for holding the door open for her. She was in her 30s and gave me a speech about how my holding the door open for her was a sign of my sexism and how I viewed the female gender as weaker and in need of my care and protection.

So I let the door swing into her face.
Yeah, that's the outmoded chivalry argument. Personally, I hold doors open for women, men, kids, elderly, whoever. I'm not picky, I just like to be helpful.

Yeah, I tend to hold the door for people that are either in more of a hurry then me, or need it. Sometimes I hold it for everyone, but that's not a constant thing, really depends on my mood and what I'm doing.

I only lost Harriet one time due to door holding.

Zombies Galore said:
Dameon said:
Fact: When I'm in America, people assume I'm from Minnesota.

Minnesotans and Canadians sound a lot alike. I've also noticed that Canadians tend be more polite than a lot of Americans outside of that part of the Midwest so it's easy to mistake one for the other.

Most Minnesotans are complete ASSHOLES*.

*-- This may be tainted because when I was living at the other apartment the roommate I had was from there and was a complete jerk to me in particular.

Fact: I hold doors for people all the time <3

Fact: I made an interesting concoction for my head for the lice. It is like making my very own salad dressing. It works too XD
Fact: Mom threw away my effing nit comb before I could even use it. That means she gets to run into the store and buy me the metal one I wanted instead of that flimsy little plastic thing she insisted on.

Fact: is in denial that things are coming to a very slow but obvious end for her...
Fact: it's the first of August, my days of summer are numbered T^T buuu...

Fact: is crossing fingers for this job opening...DX

I hate doing the awkward hesitation at a door waiting for a guy to open it for me. Either be assertive and do it or move out of the damn way. I also hate people that don't hold door open when they know people are immediately behind them (like they turned around and made eye contact). Don't be a cunt. i'm one step behind you. And say thank you. I sneer "you're welcome" if I do something like that and people take it for granted. Is it really that fucking hard?

Mr Master said:
<bonds with Clubby>
:]

Stuff like that makes me rage.
It was funny while I was in St. Petersburg, Russia "tutoring" a class in English and a guy borrowed my pen and was confused when I said thank you when he handed it back. He was like: "No. No. Why are you saying thank you? I should be saying thank you to you." We went back and forth for a little bit, but he just didn't get it. But that was Anton for you.

Fact: highly doubts anyone would be safe if there ever was a zombie outbreak XD
Fact: wants some tea to calm herself down -_-

Fact: wishes she had someone to hug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom