Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder)

Rivine

Supernova
New_Forgotten_Realms_logo.png

Hello! If you're viewing this thread I assume that you're drawn in by one of three things; D&D, Pathfinder or the lovely setting known as the Forgotten Realms. The purpose of this thread is to gather like minded people who are lovers of at least one of the aforementioned things, if not two, or better yet all three! I am interested in getting a group together to run a game based in the Forgotten Realms setting. We would use either D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder classes and rules, which we go with is up for discussion.

As for the game itself I am more than willing to act as the DM, but I'm also open to having a co-DM or someone else running it if they so desire. Honestly I'd love to have someone else as a co-DM, since that would make moving the plot along a bit easier and it wouldn't be entirely dependent on me.

There are a few pertinent details about the setting that I'd like everyone to know. First, our RP will be set before any of the events that take place according to 4th and 5th edition D&D timelines. Therefore we will be sticking to the 3rd edition geography. Some of the plots may even take place before the Time of Troubles.

For the plot I have a few different ideas right now.
  • Our characters have been hired to investigate odd happenings in the small city of Loudwater. But when they reach the outskirts of the town they discover that a pale mist has fallen over the place. Motes of “dust” float through the air and horrors out of nightmares haunt the streets. The party find themselves thrown into the midst of this and must figure out what is going on.
  • Thousands Away From Home : The Thousand Spears (a mercenary band of which are character are members or hire ons) find themselves far away from their normal territory the Dragon Coast hired by a prince of Mulhorand to help him overthrow the pharaoh. But in their first battle against the pharaoh's armies their patron is slain and his army disintegrated, save for the Thousand Spears. Stranded now many leagues from home, surrounded by enemies, the Thousand Spears (and our characters) must find a way to return home.
  • By Fire or Ice : A caravan moves slowly up the steep slopes of a pass, moving deeper into the mountain range known as the Spine of the World. Our characters are guards who have hired on to protect the merchants, clerics and settlers who are attempting to reach the Ten Towns. But disaster strikes and an avalanche sweeps most of the caravan away. The survivors are faced with a choice; it is impossible to return from whence they came, so they must either brave the cold frozen glaciers of the valleys or the caverns warmed by the fiery heart of the mountains.
  • The Temple of Sharess : Our characters are adventuring companions who are investigating some ruins (location to be determined). Little did they know that a temple dedicated to the goddess of hedonism, Sharess, was located within. Upon stepping into the blessed halls they feel a pull toward one another. Will this deity induced lust change how they view each other forever or create a schism that cannot be mended?
  • More to come!

We have a lot of human characters it seems. I would really, really like to see some more diversity folks!

Also, please stop using the regional feats from the link I provided earlier. While many of the names are correct, the actual feats have been changed by the people running that site. Please, please contact me for the ACTUAL feats and what they do!

I will say that while an all human group is boring, it makes more sense than a group of all exotic races, which I've seen before. In order to mix it up a bit more I can play a half-elf or tiefling, currently leaning tiefling.

Another question here, if my character gets confused what are your thoughts everyone about her trying to ravish you characters, or actually doing it? I mean are you ok with that? as Rivine said before everything sexual between two characters must have their player's consent.

Well, my character would die in one hit, which wouldn't require my consent, so...better than death? ~grins

Also, I am playing an Inquisitor, not an Investigator. My bad.

I know it's better than death and more pleasant as well, maybe we could use that lust rules on lust HP so it would end not in death but something similar xD, but that was not the point of it still I'll take that grin as actual consent from you ^^

Um still need a name for her, but I'm also happy with my barbarian ending on the ravished end herself too, you know being a former slaver and all that, something we were starting to discuss with Hyborian as well.

khan said:
Another question here, if my character gets confused what are your thoughts everyone about her trying to ravish you characters, or actually doing it? I mean are you ok with that? as Rivine said before everything sexual between two characters must have their player's consent.

I am fine with it :) ... Lel on the other hand will likely fight back to defend her virtue.

I wonder about plot-balance here - if the premise is "adventure with a side-order of ravish-the-religious-types" then I'm interested. If, by contrast, the primary focus is on more carnal elements, then I suspect poor Horatio will be kind of superfluous.

And as for race, Horatio is DEFINITELY human, and not an anthropomorphic fox spirit. Definitely not. I'm just annoyed that the feat to turn into an actual fox is 3rd party material :(

Elf, and while there is an edge of carnality to her actions and motives, she is more interested in pleasure of all types, and actually considers herself something of a researcher and artist. That, and she sees some of the shorter lived races as... unfortunate, and if a part of the process involves making one of them her companion for a decade or two (unless they don't want to leave), she will be more like a patron then an actual slave mistress.

That she will instruct her male and female companions in various arts of pleasure? Yeah, thats a given. On the other hand, she is not a fan of rape... kind of. She may use enchantments to make people more... open to the idea, but she will leave it to the same level as alcohol.

And Horatio? Lyre could help a bit. Making an amulet that contained some limited shapeshifting magic would be an interesting research project :)

Eh. I suspect that none of you will ever find out ICly that he's a Kitsune. And turning into a fox / fox-hybrid at the price of a feat is... a heavy price to pay anyway. But we'll see.

I'm still not entirely sure what our premise / plot is. I still vote that we're a touring band :D

Ah, if we are a touring band, I'll pick up some illusion spells, and help with the sets, as well as managing the minions/roadies. If we can, I'll search out/summon Eddie Riggs if we ever go on a heavy metal tour.

No real concerns if we wanted to go with a band (or traveling troupe or whatever) - but it might be better to wait until everyone has character sheets up first before considering it skill point shortages (even with background skills) can occur with lots of characters so wouldn't want people to think they had to fit a mold.

Made an unfinished post of my barbarian on the character thread, missing some details but mostly done

Still have some work to do myself there, but posted there. And yes, she will mostly dress as she looks in her picture, relying on the Endure Elements spell to deal with temperature and the elements. Will actually be looking to tweak it so she would also be treated as wearing boots... that feel like decadent silken slippers.

At level 1, Endure Elements isn't going to last very long. And even such a minor enchantment would cost a sizable chunk of our starting money.

Endure Elements has a 24 hour duration :p I can cast three 1st spells per day, so reduces me to two per day, but worth it really. With the Arcane Reservoir and exploits, I'll be using spells for more utility, and Exploits for offense. Starting at level four of course, as I'm starting with See Magic.

Yup, will be looking into making magic items later, mostly for some Endure Elements items with a few castings per day, primarily as a means of little trinkets she can give out later.

Back
Top Bottom