Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder)

Rivine

Supernova
New_Forgotten_Realms_logo.png

Hello! If you're viewing this thread I assume that you're drawn in by one of three things; D&D, Pathfinder or the lovely setting known as the Forgotten Realms. The purpose of this thread is to gather like minded people who are lovers of at least one of the aforementioned things, if not two, or better yet all three! I am interested in getting a group together to run a game based in the Forgotten Realms setting. We would use either D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder classes and rules, which we go with is up for discussion.

As for the game itself I am more than willing to act as the DM, but I'm also open to having a co-DM or someone else running it if they so desire. Honestly I'd love to have someone else as a co-DM, since that would make moving the plot along a bit easier and it wouldn't be entirely dependent on me.

There are a few pertinent details about the setting that I'd like everyone to know. First, our RP will be set before any of the events that take place according to 4th and 5th edition D&D timelines. Therefore we will be sticking to the 3rd edition geography. Some of the plots may even take place before the Time of Troubles.

For the plot I have a few different ideas right now.
  • Our characters have been hired to investigate odd happenings in the small city of Loudwater. But when they reach the outskirts of the town they discover that a pale mist has fallen over the place. Motes of “dust” float through the air and horrors out of nightmares haunt the streets. The party find themselves thrown into the midst of this and must figure out what is going on.
  • Thousands Away From Home : The Thousand Spears (a mercenary band of which are character are members or hire ons) find themselves far away from their normal territory the Dragon Coast hired by a prince of Mulhorand to help him overthrow the pharaoh. But in their first battle against the pharaoh's armies their patron is slain and his army disintegrated, save for the Thousand Spears. Stranded now many leagues from home, surrounded by enemies, the Thousand Spears (and our characters) must find a way to return home.
  • By Fire or Ice : A caravan moves slowly up the steep slopes of a pass, moving deeper into the mountain range known as the Spine of the World. Our characters are guards who have hired on to protect the merchants, clerics and settlers who are attempting to reach the Ten Towns. But disaster strikes and an avalanche sweeps most of the caravan away. The survivors are faced with a choice; it is impossible to return from whence they came, so they must either brave the cold frozen glaciers of the valleys or the caverns warmed by the fiery heart of the mountains.
  • The Temple of Sharess : Our characters are adventuring companions who are investigating some ruins (location to be determined). Little did they know that a temple dedicated to the goddess of hedonism, Sharess, was located within. Upon stepping into the blessed halls they feel a pull toward one another. Will this deity induced lust change how they view each other forever or create a schism that cannot be mended?
  • More to come!

Hyborian Gamergirl said:
Having problems with rolz.org, more accurately, nothing shows up. Will be trying to make a character, but....

Also, have to ask. Pathfinder Lust rules allowed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a roller with some links. Also... I made me some awesome rolls ^-^

Nice rolls, guess I'ii go for that page too, I hate rollz.org for character generation rolls, :p

Also what are the Lust rules, not familiar with them

Ok considering building a front liner, maybe a fighter or barbarian, we are to start at level 2 right?

Ok I got this
http://www.charactersheet.net/rpg/dice-roller/5887ea66-a0d8-4e2e-a258-50c2adecb046
9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17
looks pretty solid :)

Good afternoon.

(Thank you for not going evil, H.G.G.)

Looks like there could be some fun stuff in that lust system, but I'm not really fond of the idea of my character's appearence being enforced by their hit dice type.

Would a drow priestess of Eilistraee be okay? Or would there be too much drama trying to get into places?

I have all kinds of cleric ideas that are so much fun, from Eilstraee to Kosuth to Lurue to Denir to Lathander to...

Eh, personally, I'm seeing that as the DM can allow for disallow rules as he sees fit. Really, it is modular, and you can remove most of the appearance aspects easily enough.

So here are my rolls.

Turned out quite nicely.

First time I rolled the net modifier was -2, which is officialy considered unplayable, so I rolled again and got this:
http://www.charactersheet.net/rpg/dice-roller/58880684-801c-498e-a930-6403adecb046

11 (2/4/5) 12 (2/4/5) 17 (2/4/5) 9 (2/4/5) 10 (2/4/5) 18 (2/4/5) 18 (2/4/5)

18, 18, 17, 12, 11, 10

Now that is very nice.

Are we using the background skill rules? Would be very nice to be able to take some perform ranks and cooking if I play a cleric of eilistraee. Similar things for other faiths.

Maybe wtih this stat set up someone whom I'd use a finesse weapon with. *ponders*

(Hehehe. Like SUne and pick up whip mastery feats!)

Personally, if we use some of the Lust rules, I'm grabbing Whip proficiency as soon as I can, together with the Caress feat.... mostly because that would fit rather well with the hedonism aspect of my character.... and the ranks in Profession (Slaver)..... yeah, I pretty much built her knowing that I was a DM warning away from 'Yeah, she's Neutral Evil', but I can't quite start that way due to the paladin.

Hence, why I'm aiming to corrupt her.

Hey, as it is, she is more selfish and self-absorbed then outright malicious. She likes to enjoy herself, and will not likely get more then three ranks in Profession (Slaver) and even then, she will rarely actually use it, unless she gets written permission from her little 'love-slave'. Her corruption of the lovely paladin? More likely to involve girls nights out, wine and dragging along to strip clubs and told to live a little then anything that would actually be evil.

Really, she has an attitude problem, is kinky, and thinks that making a Orc shoot his wad from how her whip kisses his crotch to be hilarious, and she knows that she is a prize example of the most superior humanoid species in the realms, but then again, she is more of a unashamed hedonist then actually evil.

I don't think the Lust rules are a good fit for this game. Also, and this is definitely not my call, I don't think the corruption of Danicrilis' char is meant to be a submission to another char.

I was thinking going for a whip fighter or a chained barbarian might switch for a brawler instead though I never fully read that class so who knows there but in any case Hyperboren if you are going to be a slaver girl, my character could be some sort of her personal bodyguard ^^

Hence, why for that most part, I'd not make her into a little plaything, rather just try and drag the paladin into some fun, as getting the stick out of a paladins rear end? A challenge and great entertainment if done right! Please note, I'm not trying to make her evil. At the most, I'm going to try and tempt her into breaking that oath of prudedom :angel:

And again, as I've stated, only if the rules are approved. If they are not, oh well. I can more then live without them.

And Khan? Less actual Slaver, as really, she likes her research more then a personal harem of trained love-slaves (though one is extremely tempting), and more kinky and taking to the willing submission/not really slaves with enthusiasm.

Well she could be someone she has already corrupted and is willing to help her in her 'research' :p not exactly an actual slave but very close to that

Or I wonder if the Wild Rager archetype could be changed a little to make it sexier, particularly something around the confusion effect or maybe if I take grapple .... *ponders*

And my character is a Vain, Power-Hungry Hedonist that is only not evil on a technicality... that of only practicing slavery with consenting individuals. Though.... would it be possible to 'buy' the child of a peasant/commoner? Not as an actual slave, but as a 'personal companion' for which the poor family is given a suitable gift? Really, not that much worse then most nobles did historically.

And her research is magical in nature, as she is a wizard after all. Still, more then willing to go along with it, as it could be fun.

Ok, I'm stuck between a whip fighter a wild rager and a strangler now, human if I'm in need for that extra feat

Piper_fawn_01.jpg

Talinda Embersong

History:
--Talyrand Embersong was driven from the kosuthian monestary where he resided as a young man over theological diferences with the leadership. Like any Fire Walker, Talyrand saw life as an endless crucible in which he would be tested and purified and argued the superiority of the element of fire.

Talyrand also preached that the power of fire to purify was not something reserved for the faithful, but a healing force that could be used for the betterment of Toril.

After some years as an iternerant adventuring preacher, he settled in Waterdeep. Here, rather than pursue the life of a smith, he used his savings and his skill at the spiritually edifying practice of brewing to open a tavern and resteraunt called Jubilee. Along with good drink, Jubilee serves fondue and a varity of flamign deserts. There is also a small shrine to kosuth in the back, and people can come here seeking minor miracles of healing--and the purchase of healing potions--from Talyrand and his children.

The youngest of these, is Talinda Embersong. For several years now, she has worked as a tavern maid at Jubilee and provided minor magcial intercessions for the faithful. Instructed by her father in a variety of combat styles, the young redhead aspires to put herself to the test in the crcuible of life, both for her own edification and to prove her father's teachings.

Back
Top Bottom