Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder)

Rivine

Supernova
New_Forgotten_Realms_logo.png

Hello! If you're viewing this thread I assume that you're drawn in by one of three things; D&D, Pathfinder or the lovely setting known as the Forgotten Realms. The purpose of this thread is to gather like minded people who are lovers of at least one of the aforementioned things, if not two, or better yet all three! I am interested in getting a group together to run a game based in the Forgotten Realms setting. We would use either D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder classes and rules, which we go with is up for discussion.

As for the game itself I am more than willing to act as the DM, but I'm also open to having a co-DM or someone else running it if they so desire. Honestly I'd love to have someone else as a co-DM, since that would make moving the plot along a bit easier and it wouldn't be entirely dependent on me.

There are a few pertinent details about the setting that I'd like everyone to know. First, our RP will be set before any of the events that take place according to 4th and 5th edition D&D timelines. Therefore we will be sticking to the 3rd edition geography. Some of the plots may even take place before the Time of Troubles.

For the plot I have a few different ideas right now.
  • Our characters have been hired to investigate odd happenings in the small city of Loudwater. But when they reach the outskirts of the town they discover that a pale mist has fallen over the place. Motes of “dust” float through the air and horrors out of nightmares haunt the streets. The party find themselves thrown into the midst of this and must figure out what is going on.
  • Thousands Away From Home : The Thousand Spears (a mercenary band of which are character are members or hire ons) find themselves far away from their normal territory the Dragon Coast hired by a prince of Mulhorand to help him overthrow the pharaoh. But in their first battle against the pharaoh's armies their patron is slain and his army disintegrated, save for the Thousand Spears. Stranded now many leagues from home, surrounded by enemies, the Thousand Spears (and our characters) must find a way to return home.
  • By Fire or Ice : A caravan moves slowly up the steep slopes of a pass, moving deeper into the mountain range known as the Spine of the World. Our characters are guards who have hired on to protect the merchants, clerics and settlers who are attempting to reach the Ten Towns. But disaster strikes and an avalanche sweeps most of the caravan away. The survivors are faced with a choice; it is impossible to return from whence they came, so they must either brave the cold frozen glaciers of the valleys or the caverns warmed by the fiery heart of the mountains.
  • The Temple of Sharess : Our characters are adventuring companions who are investigating some ruins (location to be determined). Little did they know that a temple dedicated to the goddess of hedonism, Sharess, was located within. Upon stepping into the blessed halls they feel a pull toward one another. Will this deity induced lust change how they view each other forever or create a schism that cannot be mended?
  • More to come!

Alright, I have a few updates for you all.

First, we will not be using the Lust system as it is homebrew and not something I as a DM am overly familiar with. Furthermore I'd prefer having sexual interactions between characters to be more free form, rather than based on rules.

As for the background skills rules, we will be using those. I quite like this setup and think it can encourage investment into skills that many don't take and will provide the ability to flush out character backgrounds as well.

Also, I would like everyone to PM me regarding their regional feat. Once you've decided where your character is from shoot me a message and then I'll reply to let you know what the available feats are.

If everyone could, I'd really appreciate it if you post your characters in our character profiles rather than here.

Also, if everyone could please include a bit about their character's sexuality. Optionally you can expand upon that to give details about experience, kinks, etc. I do hope that members of the party shall grow close :)

Well that was an awful lot of activity.

Hyborian Gamergirl said:
... and would have no issues corrupting that lovely little paladin herself.

Ha you might be careful for you wish for :)

Hyborian Gamergirl said:
..... yeah, I pretty much built her knowing that I was a DM warning away from 'Yeah, she's Neutral Evil', but I can't quite start that way due to the paladin.

I will point out that Detect Evil only shows up Evil people who are Undead, Outsiders, Paladin or Cleric equivalants - or have more than 5HD, so your character would be safe from immediate detection for a few levels anyway (and if a neutral character engages in evil well the alignment is less important than the evil as I have always seen it - so it might cause issues anyway).

Hyborian Gamergirl said:
Hence, why for that most part, I'd not make her into a little plaything, rather just try and drag the paladin into some fun, as getting the stick out of a paladins rear end? A challenge and great entertainment if done right! Please note, I'm not trying to make her evil. At the most, I'm going to try and tempt her into breaking that oath of prudedom :angel:
Ha I suspect the attempts would go over Lel's head - and she would just assume the woman was being friendly and that they have cultural differences ... being Naive has advantages:)

So Lyre might be dancing with Lel and see about making the dance closer - only for Lel to politely but firmly reject the advance (or dance out to distance again)... without ever knowing it was an advance.

Glad to see background skills in use. Seems like all that is needed is a skill character, maybe someone to handle traps. Leaning toward playing a different kind of bard from Mystictiger, but definitely still mulling it over. I like the idea of rogues, but hate sneak attack.

Because EVERY rogue archetype has it. Because rogues have all these skill points and customizable rogue talents otherwise allowing you to build him however you want, except for sneak attack

Ah grand I thought it might be something about it making the rogue effectively a but of a one hit wonder where it was better for them to actually leave combat and return from stealth rather than stay around.
I personally like sneak attack, particularly mixed with non-lethal damage and associated feats for capturing people rather than killing them - but can see where your coming from sortof (think it is a bit like barbarians having rage though).

It's exactly like rage for barbarians, or performance for bards, or nature abilities for rangers. Mechanically, it's not needed to make the character viable, yet is a defining feature. Meanwhile, trapfinding, which IS needed, is the first thing archetypes get rid of. Just a pet peeve, a larger one because I love the rogue's skill points.

For me, the problem is that 'rogue' is such a horribly broad concept. On the one hand, it has 'thief' in it (someone who does the FARTing) and yet also has the opportunity to do other things (like acrobat, rider, bandit, archer, and so on). Take, for example, Aladdin or Robin Hood.

And then there's the requirement to make combat interesting for everyone taking part. That is, when you have the mage churning out coffee-beans amounts of damage, what's the non-combatant stealth-expert going to do? Make coffee?

I find the classes in Pathfinder particularly frustrating - I want to play something that fits neatly into the gap between rogue, bard, and swashbuckler :(

I promise the mage will not be putting out extreme amounts of damage... He will be sitting in the corner laughing his ass off.

mystictiger said:
And then there's the requirement to make combat interesting for everyone taking part. That is, when you have the mage churning out coffee-beans amounts of damage, what's the non-combatant stealth-expert going to do? Make coffee?

Sneak around and use sneak attack with a sap to capture the enemy leader ... or the like.

But to be honest a non-combatant any class is likely have difficulty holding the spotlight* in combat when compared to a combat suited character of any class.

*Other than as someone to protect etc.

But we don't seem to be shaping up to be a particularly combat focused group which I like.

dancrilis said:
But we don't seem to be shaping up to be a particularly combat focused group which I like.

And then the wild rager barbarian pops up and starts attacking her own party :p

A lot of activity indeed!

Apologies all, I am limited to my phone tonight, so I probably won't have a ton to say right now.

But I'm thinking I'll be playing a lore warden fighter to provide a bit more muscle for the group.

Good to hear from you. Fun fact: Lore Warden was one of the classes I was considering, so that really helps out.

Current chars presented:
Dancrilis: Paladin
Khan: Wild Rager Barbarian
Hyborian Gamer Girl: Exploiter Wizard
Lilithsboy: Witch
MysticTiger: Geisha Bard
Tenshi: Cleric
Rivine: Lore Warden Fighter

That puts us at 4 melee types (Dancrilis, Khan, Tenshi, Rivine), so definitely thinking ranged for my char. Currently leaning toward an Investigator that primarily attacks with a bow or crossbow. Never played one before, but it does seem my style.

Well it seems I'll be playing human, if that's the case this will be her picture

2973fc426b2b9ada69b76ccaff99aa64.jpg

Yeah I thought her armor while statistically a chain mail, would be no more than chains from her previous slave live covering her most vital spots only and in the same fashion her main weapon, a flail with a locked gauntlet and weapon cord, would be her chains as well.

Khan,
Definitely an interesting idea with fashioning her beginning arms and armor from her slave chains. And yes, she does look nice. Working on my char now, btw.

Oh not at all ^^, I warn you though that she her state of mind is a bit unstable :p

No worries, a little insanity is fine... and if it ever manifests in wanting to maul someone, well, Lyre shall hardly object, and may paint the scene with a somewhat violent erotic feel later.... that said, should I change my Craft (Clothing) and Craft (Painting) to Artistry?

Back
Top Bottom