Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter Part 2 {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"I know you do. But who knows how you will feel in the heat of the moment." She said softly. "You are kind of hot headed." She teased and ran her fingers through his hair.

She smiled, "No I'd never hire a cook. Unless I broke my arm or something." She thought about Nick, "He's young Babe. He'll find someone. I think he likes being a free agent. I'm sure you liked being a fee agent before we got together. Something about a different girl every weekend." She raised be eyebrow and shook her head at him.

"Good." She said about the tickets. When they pulled into the doggy hotel she got the girls while he got Max. They were in with no problems and Adri had a list of things she wanted them to know about all of the dogs. It was their first time being away. She wanted them to stay together. She felt bad leaving them and leaving in general.

She sighed when it was time to go and got back in the car.

Jake shook his head. "I'll keep my cool. I promise. You need me to so therefore I will. I may need to go work out after but while I'm there, I'll be good." He smiled at her and if he didn't have his sunglasses on, he'd wink at her.

"Really? Promise? I'm glad. I love your cooking. We could hire your mom babe!" He told her, proud of himself to come up with such a great idea. Then he frowned with her comment. "I mean being single I feel always has perks. Just like being in a relationship has perks. But I love you and our life and I wouldn't trade it for anything babe." He smiled at her and kissed her hand.

Jake got Max out and headed in with Adri and the girls. "Do you want to give them kisses too?" He asked her before they told them bye and got back in the car. "Babe...you realize this is the first time that Owen isn't with either of us or Max." He looked at Adri. "This could be interesting. We may have to tell Luke he can come Max out if he needs to."

They then were on their way to the airport. When they got there, Jake got out and grabbed all of their bags out and walked in with Adri to check in. Once they got checked in and through security they had time to kill. "We have time before our flight and even more time till we meet the lawyer...up for a drink?" He asked Adri. "A drink for a good trial?"

"The last time they couldn't wait to drop the dogs off to us. My parents have plans this weekend. I just didn't want to burden anyone with the dogs. It's a good place. They can play with other dogs. Max might miss Owen and Owen will miss Max but it's only a few days." She said softly.

"Then we will all be together in the RV. Won't that be fun?" She joked.

After going through check in and doing everything they needed to do, Adri started to feel anxious. She was ready to go and get it all over with. She looked at Jake when he offered a drink before the trial. She nodded her head and followed him to a bar so they have some drinks.

"Tequila and lime. Please." She smiled. "Two of them. And whatever the gentleman wants." Shenpiyt her hand on Jakes thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"Adge...the only reason they dropped the dogs off to us was because Luke wanted time alone with his wife. They were good. He wanted to get lucky." Jake shook his head at the thought because that was his sister. "I'm not worried about the dogs. I'm worried about Owen being a bear because he misses his big brother." He told her.

Jake smiled at her. "Actually, yeah, it will babe. It will be a lot of fun. Just wait, you'll enjoy it. I promise."

He chuckled at her ordering two drinks off the bat. He thought over what he wanted to drink. "Jack and coke, with lime please." He smiled at her. "You called me a gentleman. How nice of you. Makes me feel old though." Jake rubbed her arm that had it's hand on his leg. "Baby, it will be okay." He whispered and kissed her temple.

"I know. I just didn't want it to be too much with the baby and the dogs. I just want her to take it easy, you know? Keep her relaxed and keep my nice safe." She smiled. "They can practice taking care of Owen with out the dogs and if he throws some fits we will just call it practice." She told him and shrugged her shoulder. If push came to shove then Luke can go and get him and his dad could get the girls, maybe.

She rolled her eyes, "You are old." She teased. "What twenty...fou-ive?" She laughed. "Bleh, so old. How can I be with such an old man?" She laughed. When the drinks were put down she picked one of hers up and tapped his glass, "Cheers baby." She took her shot and chased it with the lime. She made a face with her tongue and shook her shoulders.

"You want one?" She asked him. "We can take it together."

"I know it will be okay. Let's get some o this for the hotel room though. For after the trail to celebrate." And to take some pregame shot, she thought to herself.

"I know babe. You mean my nephew. Yeah keep my nephew safe." He teased back with a smile. "Yeah practice is good. We don't get to go pick up a dog to make him happy when he's screaming his head off." He chuckled at how easy that would be but they'd have a house full of dogs and if Adri knew that was all it took, she too would scream and cry.

He smacked her leg. "Jerk. I'm not that old. You're with me cause I'm so damn sexy and can kick anyone's ass." He grinned at her. "Cheers babe." He took a few drinks and set his glass down.

"Sure. I'll the last one with you." Jake ordered another shot but no lime. "Lime's for wimps." He teased. "We can get some for the room. We can probably have the hotel bring some up for us." Once the bartender set the shot down he picked it up and looked at her. "Ready?"

"You're a wimp." She stuck her tongue out at him and waited or him to get his shot.

"Ready as I will ever be." She tapped his glass and downed her shot. She tried to do it without the chaser but she picked up the lime and bit it.

"okay, no more. I'm sure I will feel these on the plane." She told him and rubbed his thigh. "What if the trial doesn't go our way?" She asked. "What do I even do then? Restraining order? It's not like he's a stalker. He's just some guy. Anyone could have done it." She said softly.

He chuckled. "You're so mature sometimes." He chuckled again.

Jake smiled and took the shot and chuckled at her trying not to chase it but then had to.

"What do we do if we're both drunk on the plane?" He asked with a smile. Then the mood changed a bit. "Why wouldn't it? They broke into your apartment. They attacked you. Tied you up. Why would they not go our way." Frankly, Jake didn't think a restraining order would do anything. "We will just make sure you always travel with either me or Liam or both. Nothing will happen with us with you." He rubbed her leg. "That I can promise. But I really think we have nothing to worry about baby." He took a few drinks of his drink.

Jake smiled at her, "Who you really need to worry about is me coming up for a bear hug after a huge work out when I'm very sweaty." He teased her to lighten the mood.

"We'd get kicked off before we even got on the plane." She laughed.

She shrugged her shoulder, "I just have a weird feeling in my stomach." She looked at the counter top and sighed. "I know babe but how mental is that? I can't sleep without checking the door three times. I can't be in the bathroom too long or I'll get a panic attack. I can't open the door when we got home without thinking someone is on the other side. It's dependent and I never wanted to rely on anyone. I am in kickboxing. My personal trainer and you taught me how to fight, so why couldn't I do it?"

She smiled when he tried to lighten the mood. She took the cue and nodded her head. "One more." She said twirling her empty shot glass around and slamming it when she got her third shot. That did help a little. Cut the nerves out of the situation. She was buzzing she felt better.

She checked the time and dug in her wallet. She covered the cost of the five drinks and got off the stool. "Let's get to the terminal. They should be boarding soon."

"You may get kicked off. That would be the funny part. Everyone would expect me to be a drunken idiot and then you getting kicked off would be funny." He chuckled.

Jake looked into her eyes and he had no idea how his girl lost her confidence. "The weird feeling is nerves. It's not mental. You endured a traumatic experience. It's normal to be cautious. It's still fresh babe. Really fresh. It will get easier in time. And if you need to talking to someone may help. I'll even go with you if you'd want me to." He kissed her shoulder. "Adri...I taught you to fight when you're in a ring or a cage. Being put in a situation like that is completely different. Plus there were two of them. It's easier when you see your opponent. They only have so far to move around. And they have rules they have to follow. You told me you tried. I'm sure you tried the best you could. Plus when you're scared it's harder to think. Hell look at the prep I go through for a fight I know about. Do not be so hard on yourself. You did the best you could Adri." He kissed her head.

He didn't want her to get wasted but just take the nerves off a bit. Jake finished his drink so when she was ready they could head to their terminal. He gave her a nod and grabbed his backpack and held her hand as they walked to the terminal. His thumb caressed her hand. "Let's just get this out of the way and then we can have some fun while we're out there okay?"

She rubbed her lips together and looked at her hand. "Yeah." She said softly. "I feel like I just got out of therapy and now I'm walking right back into it. I was good, you know? I was normal. We were happy." She sighed and smiled when he kissed her forehead.

"Lets just get this over with." She said softly and put his arm around her shoulder. She put an arm around his waist and walked with him to the terminal. They boarded first and about an hour later they were in the air flying to LA.

She had a mimosa in the air and was feeling even better. She wasn't trying to get drunk. She tried to take a nap but she found herself staring out the window for most of the flight. She got up to freshen up and brush her teeth before they landed. She changed tops from a black tshirt to a mesh black button up. This way she looked more put together. She kicked off her Jordan's and put on some black heels.

Jake shrugged. "Yeah but it takes a strong person to know they need just a little help. You're still normal." He smiled at her. "Baby, we will still be happy. We haven't been fighting. We're planning our wedding and future together. It's gonna be okay. "

Jake didn't have another drink. Instead he tried to sleep and did for a bit until Adri got up to change. He watched her and smiled to himself, thinking he was so lucky. "Want me to change my shirt for the lawyer babe?"

He sat up and stretched a bit and drank some water. "I should have packed some Powerade." Jake teased to make her smile. "I should get them for free since my face is going to be on the ads. As much as we drink...Owen likes them too." He said hesitantly.

He kissed her shoulder. "It's gonna be okay." He told her softly. Liam was on their flight as well so that should help.

She shook her head, "No you don't have to change. Unless you have different pants. Plain jeans maybe?" She asked and sat down and buckled up. She dug through her purse for some lipstick and mascara.

She laughed, "You could have brought one if you wanted. And Owen doesn't know what Powerade tastes like so:.." She looked at Jake with her eyebrows raised. "Sugar and water, Jake. That's all Powerade is and you've been giving it to our kid?" She shook her head.

She looked back at Liam and then at Jake. "I know." The landed not too long after and then it was time to get off the plane. She putt her sunglasses on from the start and held her bag close. "Let's get this over with." She said softly.

Jake looked through his backpack and pulled out jeans. He smiled at her. "Got them." He went to the bathroom to change and then came back out with jeans and a plain shirt on that looked a little nicer for the lawyer and sat back down with her. He used her mirror when she was done to look at his hair. It was something he wanted to look good for Adri. She deserved to at least have the man next to her have a good image.

"I would have had to buy it at the airport." He just looked at her and smiled. "That's not true it has vitamins and electrolytes. And he only had a sip from mine. It's not like he had a lot. But it kinda cute when he takes a drink, he goes 'mmmm'" He laughed a little.

Jake got up when they landed and grabbed his backpack, putting it on and grabbing Adri's hand. He led the way then Liam followed close behind. They got off the plane, went to the baggage claim, then headed out to the car as people started snapping pictures and paparazzi started asking questions about the trial and other things. Jake pushed through them out to the car and opened the door for Adri, letting her in first.

"I liked your shirt, Boo You didn't have to change everything." She told him but gave him a kiss on the cheek for changing.

She shook her head, "You have to say that. You are the face of the company." She laughed. "One sip, that's it. I don't want him to drink it but I do know how hard it is to say no to him when he walks over with his mouth open." She told him and shrugged her shoulder. "You already ruined cake." She teased.

She reminded herself to keep breathing when they got out of the airport. With Jake and Liam pushing the paparazzi away, she had a clear path tot he car. She slipped in and took a few deep breaths to steady her heart rate. Liam got in the front seat and they went to a little cafe to have a quick meeting with her lawyer. After that they were free to go to their hotel and relax.

She called Nick, "We touched down and we are free for the night if you still want to meet up for dinner." She told him.

"That's great. I want to meet up. How about the Avalon? Come on, it will be fine. You will have me and Jake there. It will be fun. Have some fun before the trial." He coaxed her and she looked at Jake.

"He wants to go to the Avalon." She spoke into the phone again, "I'll try. I have to see what I have okay?" She told him and hung up.

She looked at Jake, "We can eat and hang out. He thinks I should have fun before the trial." She said softly. "I don't know."

Jake shrugged. "I wanted to look nice for you. You need a good looking fashionable guy beside you through this." He smiled and gave a small wink.

Once in the car Jake rubbed her leg to keep her calm. "Just breathe babe." He kissed her shoulder as she called Nick.

" What about dinner isn't that more of a club? I think at the club we don't go overboard. Paparrazi is gonna be watching us like hawks the whole time we're here. We just need to be smart but that's fine. Whatever you want to do baby."

Once at the cafe, Jake got out and held the door open for Adri, no one knew they were going there so they had an easy path in. Out probably wouldn't be as easy. Jake sat down across from Adri's lawyer after shaking his hand. He ordered an iced coffee, then hated himself for it cause he hasn't really worked out that day except for a run.

"It's a club but you can order food in the VIP section. I don't have anything to wear to the club." They could go to the apartment and pick something up but she wasn't feeling it. "Paparazzi is not allowed in the club. So in the club we are fine. It's entering and leaving that's the problem." She said softly.

Adri ordered a lemonade and took her sunglasses off.

"You look better. How is your eye?" Her lawyer asked.

"Doctor said it healed nicely. There was a scratch but it's fine. I have complete vision. A little blurry but nothing a little lasik won't fix." She said softly.

"We will add that to our case and have them in a bit longer." He told them. "There is no doubt in my mind he is going to prison for many years. We aren't going to talk about that out here though. So what we need to discuss is clothing. Keep it simple, nothing overly sexy. Blacks and browns are best. No outbursts. Whisper is you want to say anything and keep your mouth covered." He told them.

"Now do you have any questions?" He asked.

"Okay. I'm up for it. If you need something to wear we can hit a store. Or I'm sure you can call, have them have it ready, and I can just go pick it up for you if you don't want to be out and about too much. Coming and going is what I meant about them watching. I think if we don't stay too late it will be okay. But they could twist it around saying you're out partying the night before...so I really don't think we should stay long. Just my opinion." He kept rubbing her leg.

Jake gave her lawyer a nod that he understood he needed to be good and wear black. He was glad he went with the black suit for court and then he could wear the blue one for Ellen. "I do have a question. Can we prevent paparazzi in the court room? Also..." He stopped and looked at Adri before looking back at her lawyer. "Can we ask for a provision in the sentencing? Is it too late for that? I want us to be notified if or when they are released."

He touched her leg before taking a drink of his coffee as the waitress brings it to their table. Jake thanked the waitress.

"They won't be allowed in the curt house but we can't stop them from being outside. I can see if I can get clearance to use the back door but hardly anyone is allowd to use the back door." He explained.

"They won't be getting out but I can put in the paperwork. On the off chance that they do get out, we will file a restraining order against the both of them."

Adri nodded her head and looked at Jake. "What time do we need to be there?" She asked.

"Around ten o clock. It starts at eleven so that gives us time to discuss any last minute topics. Calm you down. Okay? Is everything okay? We are still pressing charges right?"

Adri chuckled and looked at the table, "Yeah. We are still pressing charges." She said softly.

"That's fine. We have reinforcements for the walk in and out. I just don't want them in the court room so we are good." Jake told him.

"Thank you. That's good enough for me." Jake hoped they didn't get out but if they did they had a right to know about it to take extra precautions. They could increase security in LA if they needed to or even in Vegas.

Jake rubbed her back. He knew his girl would definitely need to be calmed down. She was slowly getting back to herself and he was afraid if he saw them. It would probably be a long night of no sleeping. "We want them to go away for a long time. And put it behind us."

She put her hand on top of his and nodded her head, "Yeah." She said softly. "I'm really ready to get this over with."

She gave his hand a rub and took a sip of the lemonade.

"Well, that was all we needed to talk about for now. I will see you both in the morning. Take it easy tonight. Alright?" He got up and shook their hands. He paid for this since she would be paying him back when she paid after the trail.

Adri put her head on Jake's shoulder and sighed, "We can go to the club for a little bit." She said softly. She pulled out her phone and sent Nick a text telling him just that. "We get something to eat and then we let him have his fun. Dance for a little bit and then we can go tot he hotel and rest before the trial."

Jake shook the lawyer's hand as he left and looked at Adri before kissing her head. "Okay. Give me a time you want to leave by?" He rubbed her leg and just sat with her a moment, drinking his coffee.

"Do we need to go shopping?" Normally Adri would jump at any opportunity to shop but since the incident she hardly has gotten out of the house.

Jake finished his drink and looked at Adri. "Let me know when you're ready babe." He gave her a small kiss.

""No later than one. I can survive on nine hours of sleep." If she could sleep.

She thought about it, did she want to go shopping or did she want them to pick something up from the house? LA malls were different compared to Vegas malls. She'd be outside on Rodeo drive. "I'll find a personal shopper. Have it all taken care of." She told him.

"I'm ready." She told him and finished her lemonade. In the car she looked for a personal shopping service and then made a few calls. She told them the deadline and she was set. She looked at Jake and held his hand, "Will you swing by In-N-Out? I want a burger and a shake."

Jake looked at her. "That late? He said to relax tonight..." Jake wasn't sure if being out that late the night before their trial would look very good. "I'm not sure if that's a good idea Adge. I don't think going for a bit is a bad idea but the paparazzi will eat that up. Thinking you're not taking this seriously or it really didn't effect you as it did..."

He gave her a nod. "Alright."

In the car he checked his phone as she made her calls. When she asked to stop at In-N-Out he looked at her. "You're actually hungry? This is shocking. Yeah we can stop. I'll get something too. Then I have to find a gym and work out. I've had nothing but shit today besides breakfast." Jake ordered a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake. He never ate this bad but would definitely kick his own butt in the gym to make up for it.

"You gonna stay in the hotel while I work out? Or you want to work out with me?" Jake asked Adri.

"You're the one that said to ignore the paparazzi and everything the tabloids say. Remember? It's just for a little bit. It will be fine." She told him.

"That's the thing. I'm not hungry. I usually drive in and I get a burger but I don't want it. I also lost three more pounds and I can't have that. So I'm force a damn burger down and shake and get over it." She told him.

"I can't work out Jake. I'm not cleared yet. I'll try to take a nap or something. Call your sister and talk to Owen. I don't know." She said softly. When they pulled up to the window she handed her card over. Then they went back to the hotel.

"There's a gym down here if you want to stay close. If not there is a Gold's Gym not too far down the road. That's where all the body builders go. John Cena and Stone Cold Steve Austin too." She smiled.

Back
Top Bottom