Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deep in the Dark..... (Conan RPG)

Grim Troll

Star
Greetings ye wanderers of the sun-lit lands, where the winds flow freely, where the ceiling has been shorn off and the great torch scorches the blistering skin of the world. But here, so far away from all you know, all that you have talked the long days of your life, well, you are not prepared. For beneath your feet, lays a whole other world, that you have only glimpsed in the shadows of your nightmares.

Some small havens are much like the surface, their inhabitants hard to distinguish from those above. They tend to their mushroom fields, to their pools of fish. They delve into veins of ore, and carve stone for their homes. They live and love, raising children, worshiping their gods, and fear the dark beyond the walls of their small settlements.

For in the darkness, monsters and worse lurk. Some where once like them, but slid into depravity and from civilization into barbarism. Some ceased that downward spiral, and cling to the edges of the bright communities, to plunder, rape and fight. Others fell so far into the darkness that they have regressed, lost their former reason and knowledge, becoming beasts in loosely human shapes. Some of the things in the dark are animals, adapted by the ages for life under the stone. Still others are people far older then mere humanity, and have little enough love for that fledgling race.

But, no matter how you arrived, there remains one question.... how long can you survive, as you search for the way out?

Greetings all. So, I'm here looking for players for a Conan RPG game that takes place in a massive cave system, that should be enough to lose the players in quite effectively. But, what is the premise of the game?

All of the players, no more then four, shall begin play with a maximum of a loincloth and perhaps one weapon, on the shores of a small pond in a cave underground, with a waterfall splashing into the pool, and glowing moss on the sides of the cave. But, none of the characters will know how they arrived, particularly at the same place and time. This is due to the fact that I'm not requiring you to sync up your characters backstories.

So, the character creation details. Anything from here is fine.... with the following exceptions!

1) We are using the Temptress from the Core rules, but the multi-class options and special abilities are fine.
2) We are using the Savant class instead of Scholar. As it's a fixed version anyway....
3) Sorcery Feats you can look at and some Feats of Desire are in the second post
4) Nobles Wealth ability.... well, you are not starting with any extra items, but you can feel free to go high quality instead. As for wealth in later years? It'll take some set up, but it's more then possible to acquire yearly riches.

So......

Character Creation!

1) 5d6b3 (roll 5 six sided dice and take the best three) or 32 point buy
2) Starting level is 1, and you get max HP for your HD
3) Starting gear is a loincloth and one weapon that you can afford

Now, I'd prefer female/herm players, but... I'll see just who applies ;)

Submitted Sheets

Khan; Emanaia Lajaria, Zignarian Temptress that seems focused towards the social arts... and has plans for fencing skills.

Tenshi; Anita, a Zignarian Temptress that is currently a better fencer then Emanaia, and does have an advantage in the intelligence department.

Vallah, a Vanir Barbarian. Strong, tough, and deadly, also a brute force fighter rather then a finesse focused one.

kckolbe; Killian The Red, a Nemidian Scholar, that plans on taking the Observer multiclassing path. Has learned secret mystical secrets from the far east.

So, I am thinking of a scholar/soldier, practitioner of Oriental magic. Is being Khitai the only way to start with Oriental Magic? I ask because I'd been looking at Pelishtim and Hyborean. Pelishtim society seems very Middle Eastern, which means Oriental culture isn't far away. And Hyborean society just has access to a lot of shit. I can play Khitai if I have to, though.

Overall, I'm fine with you starting with any Sorcery style you qualify for, as it is assumed that sorcerous savants travel, and thus knowledge is transmitted. While uncommon outside of the far east, it is not unknown to the western world.

Hi showing my interest here was thinking either a Zingarian Pirate or Temptress based on a character that I played too few and another one that never saw gameplay.

Will go around rolz.org to see how to link rolls from there

To link, click on the little book in front of the roll, and cut/paste the Result + link BBCode into the thread. Easy way to do it :)

have to go into the lobby for that, right?
Cause I don't see any book in front of the roll

There is a little icon in front of the rolls, both in the lobby and in a temp dice room.

Never liked rolz.org for char creation rolls, I would copy the links for 5d6b3 but 10, 11, 10, 9, 10, 11 don't deserve to be copied, so guess I'll go with 32 point buy

..... I'd let you reroll those. I mean seriously, I'm not going to ask too many questions bout your rolls.

Also, if a class is favored with your race, you get a bonus feat at 1st level. Also, Initiative is your Reflex save plus any feats or abilities that affect it.

Ok I'll give it another try, otherwise I'll try to copy a previously used character the best I can

nah a little improvement, but I oficially hate rolz.org for character creation from now on (I did hated it before but now it's oficial xD)
Khan rolls 5d6b3 = 11 body:5
Khan rolls 5d6b3 = 17 body:11
Khan rolls 5d6b3 = 9 body:3
Khan rolls 5d6b3 = 12 body:6

As I have repeated.... I was not going to ask too many questions.... unless the rolls where TOO good..... Which was me being subtle in that I don't mind a few fudged dice in character creation, as I'd rather you have the ability to make the character you want, or something close to it.

Point buy blows in this game, though she could still do better with point buy. That result would have cost 28 points, we get 32.

Question about the multiclass options. Are they treated as one class for in character reasons? For example, if I take the Contemplative package (Soldier and Savant), that has me as a soldier level 1. At level 2, would I automatically get all of the savant abilities or would I have to find a new trainer as it is a different profession?

If you are going to be taking a specific multi-classing path, please, include it in your backstory, as something that they would have experience with, and have plans to do. In otherwords, make it a part of your character. Now, otherwise? I'd like for your advancements to reflect things you've done in game if your branching out into a new class, though it is not required to advance due to what you've done, if that makes sense? Really, so long as it makes sense, I'm all for it.

Now, the one thing that you will NOT get automatically on leveling into Savant in sorcery knowledge. That, you have to find yourself, either through a tome, pact, or teacher.

That all makes sense. Maybe I should go with a path that starts with Savant then. All right, I can do that.

A note on multi-classing into Savant and Demonic Pacts. I will allow you to be able to learn the demonic pact spell by making a DC 15 Knowledge (Arcane) check and one week game time. You will have the knowledge of 1d2+1 demons you would be able to summon to make the pact, plus one for every five points you beat the check by.

Also, Savants, like scholars, can take a bonus feat instead of a Sorcery Style, which a Contemplative probably would anyway.

I really want to start with Sorcery, so I am going Observer (savant and nomad). I don't plan on using pacts at the moment, though in-game play might change that. Sorcery won't be something that is *seen* often, mainly a behind the scenes thing, rarely anything noticeable.

Fair enough. For the most part, I just require an explanation as to how you come by supernatural knowledge. As long as it can be explained... all is good.

On the feline eye front, you the only one that mentioned it to me at any rate.

Rough draft complete
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_l3m-a9_i5XkblGhUKZi3WzmvyAFKO5o8fg-QkPkD7Y

Looks good! Remember, starting gear is a Loincloth and ONE weapon you are proficient with and can afford. Also, you might want to look at the Monastic Mediations feat, from the Warriors companion. Might help supplement your sorcery a bit.

Ill have to try and see if I can recreate one of my chars from Age of Conan MMORPG , I had a couple I really loved and took to 80.

It's possible, though not all the way there. There are some differences in the medium for one. Still, what do you have in mind?

I'm done here as well
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUK6_7mEKtKWo6tncLVyBo6qtmCKx_WVrmFtvg2FmIk/edit?usp=sharing

Back
Top Bottom