Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deep in the Dark..... (Conan RPG)

Grim Troll

Star
Greetings ye wanderers of the sun-lit lands, where the winds flow freely, where the ceiling has been shorn off and the great torch scorches the blistering skin of the world. But here, so far away from all you know, all that you have talked the long days of your life, well, you are not prepared. For beneath your feet, lays a whole other world, that you have only glimpsed in the shadows of your nightmares.

Some small havens are much like the surface, their inhabitants hard to distinguish from those above. They tend to their mushroom fields, to their pools of fish. They delve into veins of ore, and carve stone for their homes. They live and love, raising children, worshiping their gods, and fear the dark beyond the walls of their small settlements.

For in the darkness, monsters and worse lurk. Some where once like them, but slid into depravity and from civilization into barbarism. Some ceased that downward spiral, and cling to the edges of the bright communities, to plunder, rape and fight. Others fell so far into the darkness that they have regressed, lost their former reason and knowledge, becoming beasts in loosely human shapes. Some of the things in the dark are animals, adapted by the ages for life under the stone. Still others are people far older then mere humanity, and have little enough love for that fledgling race.

But, no matter how you arrived, there remains one question.... how long can you survive, as you search for the way out?

Greetings all. So, I'm here looking for players for a Conan RPG game that takes place in a massive cave system, that should be enough to lose the players in quite effectively. But, what is the premise of the game?

All of the players, no more then four, shall begin play with a maximum of a loincloth and perhaps one weapon, on the shores of a small pond in a cave underground, with a waterfall splashing into the pool, and glowing moss on the sides of the cave. But, none of the characters will know how they arrived, particularly at the same place and time. This is due to the fact that I'm not requiring you to sync up your characters backstories.

So, the character creation details. Anything from here is fine.... with the following exceptions!

1) We are using the Temptress from the Core rules, but the multi-class options and special abilities are fine.
2) We are using the Savant class instead of Scholar. As it's a fixed version anyway....
3) Sorcery Feats you can look at and some Feats of Desire are in the second post
4) Nobles Wealth ability.... well, you are not starting with any extra items, but you can feel free to go high quality instead. As for wealth in later years? It'll take some set up, but it's more then possible to acquire yearly riches.

So......

Character Creation!

1) 5d6b3 (roll 5 six sided dice and take the best three) or 32 point buy
2) Starting level is 1, and you get max HP for your HD
3) Starting gear is a loincloth and one weapon that you can afford

Now, I'd prefer female/herm players, but... I'll see just who applies ;)

Submitted Sheets

Khan; Emanaia Lajaria, Zignarian Temptress that seems focused towards the social arts... and has plans for fencing skills.

Tenshi; Anita, a Zignarian Temptress that is currently a better fencer then Emanaia, and does have an advantage in the intelligence department.

Vallah, a Vanir Barbarian. Strong, tough, and deadly, also a brute force fighter rather then a finesse focused one.

kckolbe; Killian The Red, a Nemidian Scholar, that plans on taking the Observer multiclassing path. Has learned secret mystical secrets from the far east.

So, I'm just going to say, feel free to ask questions, here or by PM, and I'm welcome to male players as well. Just not a personal fan of M/M.

I haven't played the system, but I really like how the racial modifiers are done in that most don't have ability adjustments, just skill modifiers. I would want to play a hetero male char, so I will hold off until some folks express interest in playing females given your preference above.

Welcome aboard! And that's the great thing about the modifiers being culturally based. Still, what are you interested in playing as?

Currently looking at a Pelishtim Scholar. I love the different flavor ideas for sorcery.

Remember, using Savant instead of Scholar, mostly due to the limited number of Advanced Spells. Granted, I'd be willing to allow a Scholar that just had the Bonus Feats instead of sorcery styles, +2 skill points instead of advanced spells, and a +4 bonus to a knowledge/craft/profession (choose one) check instead of power points/increased maximum power points.

I'm sure Savant would be fine if it counted as a favored class...that was my only concern.

As it counts for all purposes as the scholar class, being what amounts to a 'fix' or update, if a favored class is scholar, it would be savant instead.

Not really stopping anyone.... though I will point out if your typing annoys me. This is actually due to the fact I read a lot, and some writing styles just.... rub me the wrong way. Mostly though, proper punctuation and grammar, and we are golden.

Sorry. I tend to treat out of character boards as chat rooms. I assure you, get me into a game and you'll find I prefer to write in third person narative style. I was a creative writing major for several years and give my posts the same attention I give the first drafts of my novels.

And then--unless I'm pinched for time--i spell check the. The first drafts of my novels I wait a week to edit so that I see what's on the paper in front of me rather than what's in my head, coming out onto the paper. If I had a week to write my posts, I like to think they'd be even better.

Eh, works for me. Really, so long as your English is better then a Warhammer 40K Ork's, we are good. I hardly require perfection. Hell, I can't manage it at the best of times, so unfair of me too demand it of others.

Thank you. Hope I didn't overreact.

A quick question about your tastes, Grim. Are these girls likely to be molested if they're defeated?

I have an itch to play a Zingaran fencer, and I'm pondering what character class to aproach it from. One of my ideas is a temptress-who may or may not multiclass with Soldier as she goes.

This girl might be the only child of a wealthy master of the fence. Her father--despite having taught her the way of the sword--desires that she marry one of his three best students, who will then become his heir.

This girl would rather have the freedom to live by the sword--maybe even become a pirate queen like the legendary Belit. In order to avoid marriage, she learned to tempt and tease her three suitors, stringing them along and turning them on one another whenever they got too close to her.

Thus, in keeping with one of my biggest kings, a virginal temptress, who needs a lesson in the true power of sexualtiy to truly come into her own.

Perhaps the last thing she remembers is running away to go to sea, before washing up on shore with her father's sword?

What happens on defeat depends partially on what defeated them and if you have a Fate point left to burn. Some things, notably animals, some mutant tribes and some demons will be far more interested in a meal then sex with humans. Because really, not everything is always interested in sex. Others, depending on the circumstances, could very well molest or enslave the characters.... with it hardly being limited to females. Or, if in the heat of battle and your foe thinks capturing a prize may endanger their life? Better have a fate point so your left for dead.

And that looks like a great character idea. Planning on taking as many skill ranks as possible to reflect that? As I'm willing to allow for a wide range of characters, and hers fits in nicely.

Argos & Zingaria page 81/82 has the Knowledge (Fencing; Zingarian School) skill, which actually does grant benefits for having a high total bonus in it. Because really, you are thinking of a fencing character, and there is a skill for that you can use.

Google Docs/Drive, I use that a lot, so no worries there :) And the picture is fine. Really, I'm not overly picky as far as pictures go, though I shall admit.... not a fan of anime style illustrations. Well, some of them. Really, it all hinges on how believable it ends up being. Also, if you want to play a more martial temptress, The Warriors Companion page 31/32 has some options to replace her secret art.

Currently thinking of a Savant/Soldier, could go Hyborean or Pelishtim at this point. Still need to read more on how sorcery works. Do you allow the variant multiclass abilities from Hyboria's Finest?

As I said, I'd be more then willing to allow it. As for sorcery, whats giving you the problems?

I just needed to read up on how magic attack worked. In D&D it was based off of Dex, so this is slightly different, makes Cha important for all casters. Question, where would you like us to roll stats at?

Rolz.org for your roling needs please.... particularly as you can link from there.

And Dex was just important for ranged touch attacks in D&D, though yes, the ability score that governs your bonus to Magic Attack rolls is Charisma. They simplified things a bit.

https://rolz.org/dr/log?room=4261 Cool site. Are we going to set up a separate room? I killed the rolls, by the way, so I will play a very unwise concept so as not to be too overpowered. Definitely a multiclass char.

A nice set of rolls.... though I would have allowed for you to link them separately if you set up your own dice roll lobby. But, should make for a very interesting sorcerer character!

Also, some spells require attack rolls, ranged or melee that use your normal attack rolls where stated. Magic Attack Rolls for the most part determine the skill/power of the spell in question.

Back
Top Bottom