Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New home, new adventures (Furry princess x Ladydark)

Dylan smiles as they head out, glancing at her as she looks around his car "Yeah... I keep her in pretty good shape... Does it hurt? Sitting on it like that?" He could hear her still taking large breaths, the smaller space of the car was allowing her to inhale more. He smiles at her question "Yeah, they are the best... I'm sure you'll just love them..." As they were getting closer, he could see her relaxing more and more, he decided to try something small. "Your tail must be squished... Why don't you fluff it back up and straighten it out..." He kept driving, waiting to see what would happen as then were about to turn into the parking lot.

"Hmm?" Kate said confused before realizing he was talking about her tail. "It's a little uncomfortable but unless I sit forward there isn't many other places to put it unless i actually sit ON it, its one of the reasons I don't own a car." Kate glanced around the new streets as they drove, mentally mapping out what landmarks she could as she started to sink into the seat, so relaxed that she could fall asleep if she tried. "Hmmm?" She asked again as the subtle suggestion was given to her. "I guess your right, won't be very flattering if my tail looks like its been between two bricks will it?" Kate shifted forward in her seat and reached back to fluff her tail back to its former state, she barely seemed to notice the awkward sitting position as they turned in.

Dylan smiles and parks the car, turning it off and turns to look at her as she finishes "Much better... We're here..." He gets out and moves to open her door, holding his hand out to help her up, she was so relaxed she looked sleepy, it was cute. "You're going to love it here..." They head in and get a table, it was a small place, maybe 10 tables, most were already full, he hands her a menu. "So I'm having a beer with mine... You want one too..." He didn't ask it like a question and continues to look over his menu, a server came to give them water as they looked over the menus.

Kate looked over the restaurant from the car she turned to him as he got out and followed him with her eyes as he stepped around, making no effort other then undoing her seatbelt, once he opened the door and offered his hand she took it and slowly stepped out. "I'm sure I will." She said with a sweet smile and slowly followed him, her steps now slowed rather then being the previous confident stride, now she simply followed him like a duckling. "It looks charming." She said as the young fox looked around, her ears standing and swiveling taking in as much sound as she could as her tail simply bounced along with each step.
As Dylan chose the table she sat down and eagerly looked at the menu, she had worked up quite the appetite and the smell of food was not making it any easier. "Yeah i guess...I'm not normally the alcohol type but why not?" She had only tried alcohol a couple of times in the past and always found it revolting but didn't question his suggestion. "Oh I think I might go with this one...or this one..." Kate spoke to herself quietly trying to pick. "Yeah one with the lot for sure."

He smiles and glances at her "Good... It's not like we're getting drunk..." He chuckles "But you'll like this one, it's a fruity beer, so it's sweet..." He looks back to his menu only to look up again once she starts to mumble about her order, he smirks "You can also order a custom burger, topping list is on the back..." He takes a sip of water and sets his menu down, knowing what he wants already. "So... Tell me about your family... What made you move out here?"

"Well I'll try it and see how it goes, may as well try something new right?" Kate said with a smile before flipping to the topping list, reading over it with eyes that lacked her usual energy before she flipped it back. "I'll just get one with the lot, easier that way." She started to hear people around the restaurant whisper about her and could only smile as her ears flicked around to hear each of them. "Your not the only curious one I guess." She said absent-mindedly almost forgetting his question. "Not to much to say really, I have a brother and sister, mum and dad are still together, they are lovely people and good to be around but none of them have that adventurous spark which is why I moved to the big city, I want to see more of the world and jump in the deep end. Thankfully my job doesn't tie me to one place which makes it easier." It was starting to get hard to keep her attention on one thing and soon found herself fiddling with the various objects on the table, spinning the menu, wobbling her glass and watching the water slosh from side to side with a silly smile on her face.

He smiles slightly as he watches her, she wasn't really thinking about much, then she began to fiddle with things. He takes a coin from his pocket and starts to spin it on the table in front of him, letting it stop and spinning it again. "Adventurous spark uhh... So what is it you came out here to find... That's so adventurous... What really brought you here..." He continues to spin the coin, trying to keep her distracted, he had noticed a few people looking at her from their tables.

As Dylan began to spin the coin she found almost all her attention now focused on it, her eyes watching it falter before being spun again and unable to move her attention away utterly captivated by it for a reason she couldn't explain. "I don't really know...thats part of the adventure finding out." She answered with an absent minded tone and a dopey smile on her face even letting out a little giggle as the coin started to slow and falter again. Her nose twitched a few times as she took some more sniffs. "The food smells so good." It was almost enough to make her drool being in the small restaurant with so much food around, finally she took her attention from the coin and looked around confused. "Did we order? I can't remember." The young fox had been so spaced out even if a waiter had come by she wouldn't have registered them.

Dylan keeps it up with the coin for a few more minutes, finally stopping as she asked about ordering, he chuckles, she had been quite out of it for a moment. "No... They haven't come back yet... You know what you want right? And you're right, it does smell good in here, it always does.." He takes a sip of his water and smiles at her "So... You don't know what you're looking for yet... How will you know when you've found it then?" He was pretty sure he'd have her wanting him in at least some respect by the end of the week, even believing it's her own idea.

Kate really was struggling to keep her mind focused, an issue she very rarely had to deal with, in the few thoughts she had on the subject she wondered why but even if she could finish her thoughts she never would have concluded smells having anything to do with it. She could only look up at Dylan with that dopey and genuine smile as he replied and asked her about her plans. "Yeah I know what I want." She answered his first question before trying to figure out how to answer the second. "I don't know but as long as its fun and interesting while I try it will be worth it I think." Kate was pretty satisfied with her answer and the dopey smile only grew, the two were interrupted as the waiter came back and asked what the two wanted. "I'll take a burger with the lot." She answered before like a child beginning to fiddle once again.

He chuckles again "I'm sure you'll have lots of fun... And I'm there to help when you want me..." He looks up at the waiter and smiles, chuckling again softly as she made her quick order "You mean with the works?" He looks to the waiter again and makes his own order "Bacon double cheese with extra pickles... And a house beer for the both of us..." He looks to Kate after he leaves and smiles "You feeling ok? You seem very happy..."

Her fiddling stopped for a moment at his comment and her eyes focused on his for a second. What a sweetie. She thought to herself before resuming her fiddling. "Umm yeah the works." She replied and waited for him to finish his order. "I appreciate it by the way, your a really nice guy." It wasn't uncommon in her old town for everyone to drop what they were doing to help each other out but she had been told not to expect the same from people in cities so it was nice to know she already had someone she could rely on if something went wrong, Kate was stopped again as he asked the question, she seemed taken aback and unsure of how to answer. "I...hmmm..." It took her a few moments to figure out what to say before her glance focused on him. "A couple of things really, I'm happy I took the step and moved despite not knowing how its going to go and its nice to know I've already met someone willing to help me out. I was expecting to really struggle meeting people, maybe my friends and family were just worried for nothing about 'cityfolk'"

Dylan smiles and shrugs "I can see where they are coming from... Not everyone would be as kind as this... I know a few people who are still against your kind living and working around us... But I find your kind to be very friendly..." He reaches over and gently takes her hand, stopping her fidgeting as he looks at her, he softly rubs her hand with his thumb. "You seem like a sweet girl and I really want to help you out... So you can count on me..." He lets her go and sits back, picking up his water again and having a drink. "Just relax and let things happen... It's not as bad here as they told you..."

"That's nice, although we aren't all as friendly either som-" Kate was cut off as he grabbed her hand and his thumb began to stroke her skin softly, she wasn't sure how to react while normally she would simply take her hand away and express discomfort towards the act for some reason she found herself unable to even think of doing it instead her only reply being a subtle blush and a dumbfounded look, as he pulled his hand away she followed it as if wondering how it could do such a thing as catch her off guard. "Uhhh thanks." She began to wonder what was happening, the normal confident and in your face Kate now submissive and easily confused, a hand reached up to scratch at her head as the serious thoughts began to erode away due to her scatter-brained concentration.

Dylan noticed her confused look for a moment after he let her go, then she was about to scratch at her head as if thinking about her behaviour. He smiles again and sets his glass down, he picks up the coin again and starts to spin it once again. "I saw you watching this before... Have you every spun a coin before?" He pulls out a few more and starts to spin them as well, when one stops he starts it up again so there is always one moving.

Once again her attention was absorbed by the spinning coin, its shiny surfaces and constant motion so distracting. "Huh? Oh yeah it's just...I don't know..." As he now began to spin a few more her eyes darted between them each time one began to move in a new direction her attention shifted completely as if she was on the hunt like a fox with rabbits, her ears began to slick back and tail puffing up, and as the center one faltered both hands rushed to it, slamming it to the table while launching the rest randomly across the table and onto the seats. "Gotcha!" Kate said triumphant before taking a look at her catch, soon wondering why she did it.

Dylan hadn't been watching her that closely this time so he didn't see her getting ready to pounce, it caught him off guard too. "Woah... Wha..." He looks at her and chuckles softly, reaching out to take both her hand as she began to wonder why. He rubs her skin softly and gets her to look at him "I'm sorry... Guess teasing a fox with a spinning and shiny object was just asking for that..." As she looks at him, he gives her hands a light squeeze and smiles "Relax... Try breathing... In.... Out... In.. Out..." He kept rubbing her hands and speaking softly, keeping eye contact as he tried to help her calm down.

Kate continued to stare at the coin until his hands grabbed hers. "Huh?" The cologne was now at full strength in her system, distracted, confused even lacking some self control as evidenced by her almost leaping at the coin. "Breathing...right." She followed his directions despite feeling quite calm already, her eyes began to focus on his hands that held hers, they were warmer and much bigger then her dainty seamstress fingers. "Heh." She giggled slightly as if the start of a sentence before looking around food once again distracting her. The confident and strong fox now hard to imagine sitting next to this one.

"Kate... Kate, look back at me..." He smiles and gets her to look at him again, he saw her nose working and smirks slightly. "That's it... Now let's just calm down... Why don't you slowly count to five... Our order should be here soon and you're so twitchy..." He rubs her hands a bit harder to keep her focus, again he spoke softly and calmly, wanting to see how far he could push. He kept it up until their food got there, slowly removing his hands from hers and sitting back to accept his food, still watching her "Sit back and enjoy your dinner..."

Hearing someone give her something to do suddenly snapped her to attention, Kate's eyes finding Dylan's with what little focus she could muster and as he told her to count she did. "1....2....3....4....5..." The young fox let out a long deep breath as he gripped her hands again a little tighter then before, she wasn't sure how to react to all this was she sick? Or maybe just really tired? Her train of thought was interrupted once again as the food arrived but she didn't need to be told twice to dig in to her food and eagerly began taking large bites, showing the largest amount of focus she had all night.

Dylan smirks and starts to eat his own, he watches her a moment, he picks up his beer and has a drink "Mmm... So, how's the food? You should try your beer, I'm sure you'll just love it.." The waiter came by shortly after they began eating to ask if everything was ok and if they needed anything more. Dylan smiles at him "Nah, I think we're good for now... The foods great as always... So what's on the dessert menu tonight..." He wasn't sure if Kate was listening, she was enjoying her food.

Hunger was playing such an important role in her actions at the moment she didn't even bother to reply and the burger was pretty amazing, well made and every flavour melded together perfectly, she was forced to stop though as he told her to try the beer, with a big gulp she forced down the bite she had before trying a sip of the beer, it wasn't bad at least compared to most, the sweetness still felt a little overshadowed by the other flavours and she couldn't decide whether she liked it or not before returning to her burger, she didn't hear the rest of the discussion as she concentrated on filling her belly as quickly as possible.

Dylan spoke with the waiter while Kate ate, he thanked him and told him they'd decide on they choice later. "Did you hear any of the choices? They have blueberry, strawberry and cherry cheesecake... mixed berry crumble... Apple pie and a few ice cream flavours..." He goes back to his own burger and fries.

Kate had mostly finished her burger by the time Dylan asked her the question and was able to spread her attention a bit further now that her stomach wasn't demanding to be fed as severely, she swallowed down her bite before answering him. "Ohhhh strawberry cheesecake." She licked her lips thinking about the loveable sweetness from both strawberries and cheesecake, once again displaying her achilles heel as she thought about sweets. "Yeah definitely strawberry cheesecake." Kate looked over to him as he was eating feeling like she had been a little rude. "Oh umm how is your food?" She hadn't realized how much her manners had slipped as this confusion set in. "Sorry I'm just feeling a bit spacey tonight."

He looks at her and chuckles, taking another drink "Relax... I knew you were hungry and the foods great, like always... I see your sweet tooth is showing again... Want any ice cream with that? It's served warm..." He was quite enjoying her spacey attitude, she was adorable, especially when her ears would twitch or perk up, and her tail was swishing slowly behind her. "Don't worry about it... There's a lot for you to see and take in... You wanna call the waiter over to order dessert... I should be done soon... I'll have cherry cheesecake and dark chocolate raspberry ice cream..."

Back
Top Bottom